A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another e-mail from Shaw - Regular PenPal

Posted: Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener...

Not looking forward to Sept. 1st. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never had an audit over 99.5%. I hover right around 99%. The lines per hour is no big deal but that QA score is going to kill me.

I cannot imagine there are too many MTs who can consistently get a 99.5%, not with the subjective QA scoring and the truly horrible ASR.

Why is accuracy 99.5% for MTs, but "only" 98% for MME? - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
1 critical error will certainly give you less than 99.5%.

0.5% error rate only allows a couple "punctuation' errors". I put that in quotes because that so subjective, i.e., you rarely get the same answer twice from 2 MMEs.

MMEs don't score - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
MMEs have the same accuracy requirements as they also transcribe, some more so then they do QA. All MME corrections are feedback only, never scored. I always double check MME corrections with my references and such. If they are incorrect and it's significant, I let my QAC know. If it's insignificant, I don't worry about it. Also, punctuation, unless it changes the meaning of the sentence, counts as no points during an audit. If your QAC or whoever is doing an audit and is taking points off for insignificant punctuation, you need to let someone know because they shouldn't be. My QAC marks them sometimes, but they are given no point value when I see the scoring.

Its saying the MME has additional penalties - if at 98

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are between 98.9 and 99.5, they get performance managed, but still keep their MME status. If they are below, they don't get to QA anymore.

MMEs have the same accuracy requirements on audits. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I found it very hard to understand - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
MME was more clear, but MT was kinda rambling. Very hard to tell what their process is going to be.

Yes, unclear to me too. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It almost looks like only major or critical errors will cause performance management situation even if under 99.5%?

Clear as mud.

I had a noncritical error and was marked off 1 point? What? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

What? Shaw Is Leaving Us?
Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

Anyone Have Email Address For King Shaw?
Dec 28, 2013

I am looking for an Mmodal email address for Shaw.  They seem to hide his email like a snake hides in the grass...hmm.... I would like to ask him about ASR and why each time they "upgrade" it, the system gets worse and worse.  I am also going to petition him for our line rates to be increased as this system does not do what he said it was intended to do - make our jobs easier.  The whole reason our pay was cut was because he thought we were making too much money with the new and e ...

Anyone Read Shaw's New Newsletter Tips
Mar 21, 2014

Eye on quality?? Wow..so informative..not! How about an eye on paying professional MT's a decent wage, what about that Shaw??? You get what you pay for ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Help With E-mail
Mar 25, 2010

I am applying for a position under "Job Seeker's Board."  When I tried to send the E-mail from the job posting, I got this message.  "The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can somebody please tell me what it means and how to fix it? Thank's!   &nbs ...

E-mail?
Jun 30, 2010

Not that I really WANT to hear from the Q, but am I the only one who does not have e-mail still?  I can log into MQ Central fine, click the "my community" button, and the regular e-mail page does come up but with only four boxes at the top (no e-mail list). One of those boxes says something about currently experiencing problems with MT mail, we are contact with the vendor trying to resolve issues.  That's it.  Rest of the page is white. Am I the only lucky one -- an ...

E,mail
Jun 28, 2010

Aaarrrrrrg - are we EVER going to get e.mail again.  Mine has been down since the wk-end.  Are they working on it or what? ...

Not Getting Much E-mail
Jun 27, 2010

This week I have not been getting much e-mail. Anyone else having this problem? Will I get banned from the forum for sking this question? ...

MQ E-mail
Jun 24, 2010

Anybody having trouble getting into MQ e-mail this morning?? It gives me a message that user name or password is not recognized??? ...

I Mail
Sep 22, 2010

Is anyone having trouble getting into MQ mail?  When I try to get in I get a message that says "No content available - Please check if there is content defined for the markup of your client device."  ??????!!! ...

PAY CUT E-MAIL
Jan 10, 2011

I've read a few postings about a "pay cut" that's suppose to take effect soon...  I never got such an e-mail.  Can someone explain what it said, where it was posted please? (ot cut and paste it here)  I checked all my e-mail this weekend, went over everything with a fine toothed comb and got no such e-mail. How can they just cut pay?  ...

No E-mail All Day From TT
Jun 01, 2011

Hi everyone:)  Has anyone received any e-mail today from Transtech.  I haven't gotten 1 e-mail all day, which is unusual.  Thanks! ...

F11 E-mail
Jun 09, 2011

Now we have to fill out a Q-Care ticket and make sure we justify why we used F11?? Just another way for them to squeeeeeze a few more pennies out of us.  A plague on their head, a pox on their house. Bah!! ...

CEO E-Mail
Sep 12, 2011

CEO E-Mail See MQ e-mail.  Anyone care to offer an opinion on what the "Mission ONE Project Announcement" really means.  Also note back-to-back 4-hour maintenance windows, one on 09/18 and one on 09/25.  Wonder what new changes are coming.  Don't remember 4-hour maintenance being performed back-to-back. ...

E-Mail Down?
Dec 13, 2011

What is WITH this e-mail system?? ...