A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hope every single one of you is filling out the survey - team effort

Posted: Dec 20, 2012

I've seen some people saying it's just clicking on boxes, but there are 3 comment sections where you can write whatever you want!  We all spend a lot of time complaining here, and we should all take the opportunity to complain there too.  Let them have it!  About our jobs going to India, about constant NJA or mandatory overtime, benefits, crappy wages, the last town hall meeting............ whatever you complain about here you need to put on that survey.

I know a lot of people think it does no good, but IMO if we complain loud enough, often enough, in large numbers, there may be even a tiny chance something will come of it.  However if we say nothing, it's guaranteed things will never change.

My mom always said if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the outcome.  This is no different.  If you are complaining about ANYTHING on this forum, whether it's directly related to Mmodal or just our profession in general, you need to speak your mind.

At the very least, think of it as mmodal paying us to complain for 15 minutes!  :)

AMEN! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

work is not a demcracy - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
I even tell QA and CCM who ignore the legitimate issues, but make much of the less significant ones, namely anything that affects production on their end is resigned to. There are inequities in the compensation, the biggest I see is the free for MMODAL ADT screen. Try getting ONE thing changed that positively impacts our production, and is not a tax break.

I totally agree. Free ADT and CCs - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
is sickening. I oftentimes have to manually type the CCs also because they are not in the database. They are never going to change anything that is not to their benefit.

On my primary account - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When we switched to DQS in July, they didn't like the way the cc's came out when the system automatically generated them for the author and attending, so we have to remember and add cc's on every single report, and of course we have to repopulate the names because of the darn questionmarks. I didn't mind this kind of stuff when we were compensated fairly for our lines, but now that we are not, I detest doing free work.

I hope everyone is filling out the survey - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess what!! I filled it out 3 times and it let me. I slammed them each time in different words!

You filled it out 3 times??? I filled it out - twice! :) No message

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

LOL vote early and vote often! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thanks for the reminder - done!!! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I filled mine out - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
I was honest and realistic, so it was pretty bad. I was inspired when I got on to work and found an email waiting from my QA supervisor. Apparently, after 10 years I'm still human garbage clogging up the system. You would think if I was so incompetent they wouldn't have kept me this long. Or at least stop trusting me with the highest tiers of difficulty and the worst dictators.

Survey comments - Kayley

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, yeah!! You bet I let them know a couple of things that have me up in arms. Not that I think they'll change anything, but it sure felt good getting it at least partly off my chest.

Similar Messages:

Exit Survey, Is It Mandatory, Even Worth Filling Out? They Don't Care. NM.
Dec 21, 2014

xx ...

Used To Hope For Lots Of Work, Now I Hope For NJA Or To Be FIRED
Oct 09, 2013

This job is not worth the trouble.  It certainly does nothing for me when I open the "paycheck" every 2 weeks and see that despite my 40 "power hours" every week, I made less than last time.  No matter what, I cannot manage to make a decent living here any more.  I am over it.  Sad to admit, and yes, the shame is on me, but I do wish for NJA or even better, to be FIRED from this place.  Just had to get this off my chest before I burst into flames of fury at the horrid qu ...

A Little Holiday Message Of Hope (I Hope!)
Dec 10, 2013

Hi, everyone. A year or so ago, I read a message by a former transcriptionist who had gotten into medical school and was at last working as a physician. I'm sure it's still here in the archives somewhere; please forgive me for not digging it up. I remain grateful to that poster to this day. Yes, even if she was making it all up! It still inspired me so much. Last month I began work at only the second job I have ever held outside the MT field. It took me seemingly forever to find it, a ...

FILLING OUT JOB APPLICATIONS
Oct 05, 2010

When you are applying on line for a position for employment, what do you put for business references.   This job wants three business references.  I do not want my current job to know I am looking.  Working at home I do not have many business references.  ...

SS And Filling Out Demos Etc
Jan 08, 2012

For those of you waiting to know just how bad you will be taken at SS regarding all the time spent filling in demos and other "stuff." Number of keystrokes on 22 different jobs that count NOT towards your line count and this is generous as there were many more keystrokes that didn't count that weren't included in the numbers below…  Job 1:  28 Job 2:  27+ Job 3:  41 Job 4:  40 Job 5:  39 Job 6:  38 Job 7:  39 Job 8:  52 Job ...

Filling In Demographics And All The
Oct 03, 2012

Exactly - Agreed Posted: Oct 2nd, 2012 - 10:39 pm In Reply to: FYI - Anonymousno one inhouse or outhouse pays for filling in demographics and it is quite plainly wrong when paid on a production basis - at least in America. We are not indentured servants but are heading there - if not already there - by working without being paid for all characters transcribed including demographics. The MTSOs just don't want to expend the money or effort to adjust the technology to count everything they ha ...

Filling In Tables
Oct 30, 2012

We have a couple of doctors who do complicated tables in some of their reports. It's a real production killer!!! ...

Question About Filling Out Applications
Feb 01, 2010

I am starting to apply for other jobs (not MT after 35 years).  When filling out my current employer I always put NJ as the address of the company, but should I put my current supervisor's name in as a contact or should they contact the main office?  I really don't want my supe to know I'm looking for another job yet.  TIA. ...

FILLING THE GAP W/ Other Forms Of Transcription
Nov 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of filling the gap by moving into other forms of transcription... As EMR increases, pay dwindles and opportunities for traditional transcription diminish, I'm thinking that it might be wise to broaden my scope a bit. I've thought about court reporting (as a broad spectrum...not just actually in the court room) and other forms of transcription other than within the medical community. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this or oth ...

Who Is Filling Out These Surveys?? I Don't Care About
Apr 17, 2013

buddying up with MTs or collaborating with bosses... KEEP MY WORK IN THE U.S.!!  That's what I care about. ...

Filling In Forms. How To Charge?
Dec 23, 2014

A doctor wants me to do PFTs from a premade template he created.  It is about a page long.  It would involve typing the clinical history (2 lines or so) and filling in a lot of blanks.  He does not want to pay my line rate that I get for typing his office notes, but wants me to give him a flat charge per report that is much less than what I would get for typing dictation.  Any advice on what I should price this at? ...

Has Anyone Ever Called The IRS Directly To Get Help Filling Out A Form
Apr 03, 2012

This is now my third day trying to fill out form 4562.  Since it's just a computer I bought you would think it would be easy.  No, I have to fill out a worksheet, read some pub, enter the figure from line 29 (which I'm only on line 7, but I can't complete line 29 because I haven't completed line first part of the form).  Line 1 I enter the real property, line 4 I enter the real property put in place (which evidently my understanding are two different things, ot ...

LVEF 60% Filling Pressure Probably Elevated.
May 22, 2012

I am really not good with matters of the heart (you know what I mean!) should it be: LVEF 60%, filling pressure probably elevated. or LVEF 60% filling pressure, probably elevated. I am thinking it is the first one. ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

Please, MME, Use Your Brain When Correcting/filling In Blanks.
Dec 18, 2012

There has to be a fine line between vertabatim and what is transcribed. :- Blanks are sometimes left for a reason, and anyone with the knowledge they should have to do QA should know when the value and/or unit of measurement is impossible. The measurement unit the doctor dictated, probably by mistake, was impossible. If that value was so, that duct would have been half the height of the patient. Although, the doctor was ESL, so he may not have known the difference anyway. At least I know ...

When Filling Out A Remedy Ticket Do You Subtract
Feb 05, 2014

that 6 minutes of manual available time from your total hours left on your shift?  My shift is over and not 1 single job came up.  So many stupid steps we have to take when they do not provide us with work!!!! ...

Qa, Are You Paid For Additions To A Report? Like Filling
Apr 16, 2014

unless you KNOW for sure.  Dont assume N is doing anything to profit you that they dont need to do.  Dont assume they have your best interest at heart.  ANd DONT beleive you TL if she quickly ansers you with sure, you get paid for everything.  Dont believe anything you can verify with your own eyeballs. MM does not paid for any additions to a report.  Say they cant count lines on a report after the first time they do it with the job submitted by the MT.  Yeah, like ...

The Person Filling In The TSM Stated OT Was Available Today And Tomorrow.
Nov 14, 2014

We I saw the backlog numbers, I could not believe it! We have had OT on Friday and Saturday a lot, but not with numbers so low. Figured I would run out of work, so I started my shift (second) early in an effort to have work. Well, work must be mighty slim, as I am now in the cesspool, and 1 facility has amongst the worst audio ever. Still in the process of getting out of here! ...

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

We Have To Work Every Single Day Of The Week Now?!
Aug 28, 2012

I always thought this mandatory OT was only for the days I'm scheduled to work but turns out I have to work 1 hour on my days off too!  Thinking of lots words I can't type here.  :| ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Single View Of The Pelvis
Feb 18, 2013

The gamma nail tip is at the region of the fovius adralas??? ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...