A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever called the IRS directly to get help filling out a form - Stumped

Posted: Apr 03, 2012

This is now my third day trying to fill out form 4562.  Since it's just a computer I bought you would think it would be easy.  No, I have to fill out a worksheet, read some pub, enter the figure from line 29 (which I'm only on line 7, but I can't complete line 29 because I haven't completed line first part of the form).  Line 1 I enter the real property, line 4 I enter the real property put in place (which evidently my understanding are two different things, otherwise it makes it look like I'm doubling the cost of the computer.  Third day now and I feel drained.  Oh yeah, and the instructions do not tell you how to figure lines 7 through 13.  I called H&R block where we had our taxes done a couple years ago, but they were not happy about giving me information for free so I could do my own taxes instead of letting me have them do it for the oh so low priced of $389 for 6 forms and state taxes.  Needless to say they were reluctant to help except to tell me I have to depreciate it over 5 years, but I'm reading that you can do a one time deduction on computer, as long as it doesn't fall into some special category, and on and on and on.  So I was thinking about calling the IRS directly and having them walk me through line by line to get this filled out correctly.  Last year they adjusted some form I incorrectly did (whcih ended up refunding me more money).

Sorry for the rambling above.  I just feel absolutely bonkers after trying to fill this out.  I started to fill out the taxes through the free thing someone mentioned below, but I can't see exactly where the figures are and I still like doing it long hand.  Just wondering if anyone had ever contacted IRS to help them with a form and were they helpful or annoyed that you called.  One time about 13 years ago I talked to someone at IRS about setting up payments and he was the nicest person and willing to help me.  Just wondered aobut this.

Absolutely the IRS will help you - ohiocarole

[ In Reply To ..]
Depending on when you call you might have to wait a while but it's an 800 number. This is what our tax dollars pay for.

Yes, the IRS will "help" - but.... - Berta

[ In Reply To ..]
...do they?

A few years ago, one of the news agencies identified a common problem that taxpayers have every year and conducted an experiment. They took the question to different IRS offices around the country - and they got a whole bunch of different answers!

Some help!

What I can't understand is, why don't you just go to H&R Block or whatever and have them do your taxes? I've never saved a dime by trying to do them myself, believe me.

I'm not going to H&R block because they charge $389. - Besides

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless your H&R block does your taxes for free, if you do them yourself then yes, you do save a dime doing them yourself. Besides, I like doing taxes and accounting and budgets and have thought about taking a course and learning more about it. After paying them $389 two years ago last year I did it myself. I felt good to save almost $400. I just don't have that kind of money lying around and now with this new tax form I'm sure they would charge move over $400. Why should I have someone else do the same think I can do and pay them for it. It's just this one stupid form I have never done before and it's confusing.

I will call IRS directly if I don't have this figured out over this weekend.

Has anyone called the IRS directly - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you should probably have a professional do your taxes. I am an IC and have a tax person do my paperwork. I just send her all my paperwork and she does the work. I have the utmost confidence in her. It is such a relief to know that my taxes are being done correctly. I think that $389 is too much to pay. My tax person charged me $160 last year. Also, during the year, if I have a question about something, I just e mail her.

When she returns the paperwork to me, she also includes the amounts of money I have to pay for taxes for the following year.

Good luck!

Similar Messages:

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Working Directly On EMS System (sm)
Mar 09, 2014

I'm seeing a few ads for transcriptionists/editors to work directly on the facilities EMS system.  I'm wondering if this might be a new trend. It's all about saving money and turnaround.  When it comes to transcription, I think the MT working directly for the client was the most cost effective.  VR failed as they realized a brain was needed to do the necessary editing & formatting.  The MTSO takeover reduced us to slave wages, but they are probably still c ...

MODERATOR: How Do We Reply Directly Onder A Post?
May 16, 2010

A lot of times, I have replied under a post just to have it go to the 'bottom' of the posts. We used to be able to post directly under the OP and it woulod show up there. Lately, it goes under the totally last posting if there are other posters commenting to each other.  if i hit post reply under the OP, it still shows up as the last reply. It never used to be that way. I'm also getting a message that my email address is not in the proper format...yet it is. What's ...

Transcribing Directly Into Electronic Medical Records
Oct 24, 2011

Anyone out there transcribing directly into EMR?  I'm wondering about using text expanders in EMR and, how are you counting lines in EMR?  Or do you know of anywhere that addresses these issues?  Thanks! ...

How Can You Tell If An MTSO Pays "insured Wages" Without Directly Sm
Jun 12, 2010

asking them.  This is for unemployment reasons.  Also, when an MT works in another state, which state pays hte unemployment - the state where she lives or works? ...

FILLING OUT JOB APPLICATIONS
Oct 05, 2010

When you are applying on line for a position for employment, what do you put for business references.   This job wants three business references.  I do not want my current job to know I am looking.  Working at home I do not have many business references.  ...

SS And Filling Out Demos Etc
Jan 08, 2012

For those of you waiting to know just how bad you will be taken at SS regarding all the time spent filling in demos and other "stuff." Number of keystrokes on 22 different jobs that count NOT towards your line count and this is generous as there were many more keystrokes that didn't count that weren't included in the numbers below…  Job 1:  28 Job 2:  27+ Job 3:  41 Job 4:  40 Job 5:  39 Job 6:  38 Job 7:  39 Job 8:  52 Job ...

Filling In Demographics And All The
Oct 03, 2012

Exactly - Agreed Posted: Oct 2nd, 2012 - 10:39 pm In Reply to: FYI - Anonymousno one inhouse or outhouse pays for filling in demographics and it is quite plainly wrong when paid on a production basis - at least in America. We are not indentured servants but are heading there - if not already there - by working without being paid for all characters transcribed including demographics. The MTSOs just don't want to expend the money or effort to adjust the technology to count everything they ha ...

Filling In Tables
Oct 30, 2012

We have a couple of doctors who do complicated tables in some of their reports. It's a real production killer!!! ...

Question About Filling Out Applications
Feb 01, 2010

I am starting to apply for other jobs (not MT after 35 years).  When filling out my current employer I always put NJ as the address of the company, but should I put my current supervisor's name in as a contact or should they contact the main office?  I really don't want my supe to know I'm looking for another job yet.  TIA. ...

FILLING THE GAP W/ Other Forms Of Transcription
Nov 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of filling the gap by moving into other forms of transcription... As EMR increases, pay dwindles and opportunities for traditional transcription diminish, I'm thinking that it might be wise to broaden my scope a bit. I've thought about court reporting (as a broad spectrum...not just actually in the court room) and other forms of transcription other than within the medical community. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this or oth ...

Who Is Filling Out These Surveys?? I Don't Care About
Apr 17, 2013

buddying up with MTs or collaborating with bosses... KEEP MY WORK IN THE U.S.!!  That's what I care about. ...

Filling In Forms. How To Charge?
Dec 23, 2014

A doctor wants me to do PFTs from a premade template he created.  It is about a page long.  It would involve typing the clinical history (2 lines or so) and filling in a lot of blanks.  He does not want to pay my line rate that I get for typing his office notes, but wants me to give him a flat charge per report that is much less than what I would get for typing dictation.  Any advice on what I should price this at? ...

LVEF 60% Filling Pressure Probably Elevated.
May 22, 2012

I am really not good with matters of the heart (you know what I mean!) should it be: LVEF 60%, filling pressure probably elevated. or LVEF 60% filling pressure, probably elevated. I am thinking it is the first one. ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

Please, MME, Use Your Brain When Correcting/filling In Blanks.
Dec 18, 2012

There has to be a fine line between vertabatim and what is transcribed. :- Blanks are sometimes left for a reason, and anyone with the knowledge they should have to do QA should know when the value and/or unit of measurement is impossible. The measurement unit the doctor dictated, probably by mistake, was impossible. If that value was so, that duct would have been half the height of the patient. Although, the doctor was ESL, so he may not have known the difference anyway. At least I know ...

I Hope Every Single One Of You Is Filling Out The Survey
Dec 20, 2012

I've seen some people saying it's just clicking on boxes, but there are 3 comment sections where you can write whatever you want!  We all spend a lot of time complaining here, and we should all take the opportunity to complain there too.  Let them have it!  About our jobs going to India, about constant NJA or mandatory overtime, benefits, crappy wages, the last town hall meeting............ whatever you complain about here you need to put on that survey. I kno ...

When Filling Out A Remedy Ticket Do You Subtract
Feb 05, 2014

that 6 minutes of manual available time from your total hours left on your shift?  My shift is over and not 1 single job came up.  So many stupid steps we have to take when they do not provide us with work!!!! ...

Qa, Are You Paid For Additions To A Report? Like Filling
Apr 16, 2014

unless you KNOW for sure.  Dont assume N is doing anything to profit you that they dont need to do.  Dont assume they have your best interest at heart.  ANd DONT beleive you TL if she quickly ansers you with sure, you get paid for everything.  Dont believe anything you can verify with your own eyeballs. MM does not paid for any additions to a report.  Say they cant count lines on a report after the first time they do it with the job submitted by the MT.  Yeah, like ...

The Person Filling In The TSM Stated OT Was Available Today And Tomorrow.
Nov 14, 2014

We I saw the backlog numbers, I could not believe it! We have had OT on Friday and Saturday a lot, but not with numbers so low. Figured I would run out of work, so I started my shift (second) early in an effort to have work. Well, work must be mighty slim, as I am now in the cesspool, and 1 facility has amongst the worst audio ever. Still in the process of getting out of here! ...

Exit Survey, Is It Mandatory, Even Worth Filling Out? They Don't Care. NM.
Dec 21, 2014

xx ...

In Filling Out Paperwork For SoftScript, I Note I Have To Give Them Permission To Check My Driving
Sep 24, 2010

record.  That's a new one on me.  I work at home and no driving is involved, so why would they care?  It's bad enough companies routinely check credit scores, now this.  More and more it feels an invasion of privacy, and if I am using my own equipment in my own home, why would anyone care if my credit sucks or if I am a horrific drive?  Oh well ... ...

IC Tax Form?
Feb 01, 2012

Is there a tax form that you are supposed to receive if you are an IC? From the company you IC for? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.  ...

W-9 Form
Jan 08, 2014

I worked as an IC transcriptionist in 2013 for approximately 4 months.   The company sent a W-9 form and is requesting it be signed and sent back.  I did not make a total of $600.00 when I was working for them, which I've understood from others that if you make less than $600.00 you don't need to send in a W-9 form.  Can someone clarify on this? Thanks so much.   ...

Use Plural Form?
Feb 28, 2010

Family history is positive with mother and father having *history* of diabetes. This is how the doctor dictates it.  Should it be *histories* ??  I have the freedom correct things like this if I see fit.  Thanks! ...

To Those Who Were Looking Into How To Form A Union For MTs
Oct 20, 2012

What did you find out? Did you make any headway? P.S. Please no negative posts. ...

Plural Form
Oct 25, 2012

Plural form of retina. Is it retinae? Or retinas? I find both when I google it, but nothing in my word book or dictionary stating the plural form. Thank you! ...

FORM A UNION
Nov 20, 2012

We need to form a union and be done with all this complaining and stop taking their! ...

No W2 Form Today!
Jan 31, 2014

I just got the mail and it's not here.  Anybody else not get their W2 form by today?  I thought it was the law to send out paper copies by the 31st.  Grrr!  I guess that means I have to buy an insanely expensive ink jet refill for my printer.  More expenses, less pay.  ...

Do We Still Use Numeric Form Of 1-9 Instead Of Spelling Out Out, Two, Etc.? NM
Nov 24, 2010

x ...