A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

if someone says that BMP is always a single number value - sm

Posted: May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong?

BMP vs. BNP - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
BMP is the acronym for basic metabolic panel, which is a group of test that include electrolytes, glucose, and sometimes liver tests depending on the agency performing the tests.

BNP is the acronym for brain natriuretic peptide, which is a single blood test for heart failure.

Ergo, if a single number is dictated it is BNP; if a panel is dictated it is BMP.

You are correct... - BMP vs. BNP, see message

[ In Reply To ..]
BMP is the basic metabolic profile, which consists of lab values--glucose, BUN, creatinine, sodium, potassium, chloride, and CO2. BNP should be just one number--the brain natriuretic peptide value (although I sometimes hear doctors say "B-type natriuretic peptide," too).

Sometimes, that's the only way I can tell for sure whether they're saying "M" or "N" since those are very hard to discern when listening to dictation.

That is exactly how I have been discerning which is which - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but my notoriously incorrect QA (and even the boss!) is saying I am wrong. They have been saying I am wrong since I started and it falls on deaf ears when I try to explain. I am SO ready for another job!!

Grrrrrr.... - I feel your pain (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, that irks me so much when that happens!

It was sometimes a problem even when I worked in-house at a hospital. I got to where I could let it roll off my back and just do it the way the incorrect QA person told me, unless it was something seriously dangerous for the patient's medical record. But with these large MTSOs, you never know which QA person is going to be looking at your report....very frustrating!

I knew someone when we were both working for the same MTSO who said QA had changed her "Pean clamp" to "peon clamp," and she could NOT convince them that she was correct!! What the....? :-D

Similar Messages:

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

We Have To Work Every Single Day Of The Week Now?!
Aug 28, 2012

I always thought this mandatory OT was only for the days I'm scheduled to work but turns out I have to work 1 hour on my days off too!  Thinking of lots words I can't type here.  :| ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Single View Of The Pelvis
Feb 18, 2013

The gamma nail tip is at the region of the fovius adralas??? ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

A Question About Doing Transcription For A Single MD. Sm
Dec 02, 2013

I was recently contacted by a doc to do office notes.  What and how would you charge?  I don't have a clue.  Thanks ...

Single Metastatic Blank
Feb 11, 2014

I'm transcribing for a patient who previously had rectal cancer and has recently had a routine followup PET scan.  I'm new to cancer patients, so I'm still learning the terminology.  Physician has a lot of background noise and is difficult to understand.  I have a blank in the following sentence.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Thanks so much! "There was a single paraesophageal lymph node in the middle mediastinum on the left side t ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...

Scotomata Plural Or Single Or Can It Be Used For Both
Jun 01, 2015

scotomata is this singular or plural or can it be used for both. Having problems with this one. Thank you. ...

How Much Is Single Health Insurance At Keystrokes?
Oct 16, 2009

nm ...

S/l Single Side Bypass Graft?
Jun 20, 2011

Single [side] has been bypass graft from aorta to right posterior descending #1 coronary artery. Doctor rushes through. I am not positive of what he says and cannot reference this. ...

Work At Home Single Mom Guilt
Oct 24, 2011

My 7 and almost 5 year olds spent the summer with their dad and I was working freely. Prior to that, for their entire lives I have worked at home while they were home. No daycare, ever. Always managing somehow, whether I had a significant other or whether I was a single mom. But today I've been thrust back into the first school night they've been home this year and I wonder how I ever did it. Homework, dinner, keeping them occupied while I sit in front of the computer for 8 hours. Pani ...

Companies Who Use Single Space After A Period
Apr 07, 2012

Does anyone know of companies who use a single space after a period? I need a second IC position and am worried I will be making mistakes if I type double space for one and single space for another. Not a huge deal maybe though? Ideas? Thx! ...

I Hope Every Single One Of You Is Filling Out The Survey
Dec 20, 2012

I've seen some people saying it's just clicking on boxes, but there are 3 comment sections where you can write whatever you want!  We all spend a lot of time complaining here, and we should all take the opportunity to complain there too.  Let them have it!  About our jobs going to India, about constant NJA or mandatory overtime, benefits, crappy wages, the last town hall meeting............ whatever you complain about here you need to put on that survey. I kno ...

Dear Doc..please Do Not Spell Every Single Word
Feb 22, 2013

It is really annoying when simple words are spelled out..like I am a total I-D-I-O-T! ...

Am I Actually Failing Every Single Time They Check
Jul 15, 2014

Or do they just notify me of the failures? ...

Anxiety/Depression Single Diagnosis?
Oct 24, 2014

I've noticed that docs often dictate anxiety and depression as a single diagnosis, but I think they are separate since one could suffer from one without suffering from the other. Should these be separated (such as when numbering diagnoses), or can they be considered a single entity? ...

Due For Number Four Chemo? Is Number Four Right Or Should It Be Number-4 Chemo? Also,
Aug 08, 2013

what's the rule for dates?  Should it be 05/25/2014 or May 25, 2014?  Thanks. ...

I'm Going To Start Reporting Every Single Company That Is Advertising
Jan 21, 2010

...if it's obvious they are really looking for employees but want to avoid paying benefits.   Just how much abuse and illegal crap are we supposed to take in this industry. Enough already!! ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

Amphion - Deductible, Percentages, Or Cost For Single?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm interviewing with this company this week. Can anyone give me recent experience with this company? Is the pay fair? How user-friendly is their system? Can you give me info on medical benefits such as deductible, percentages, or cost for single? Really any recent information is very helpful and much appreciated. Thank you! ...

I'm Currently Doing Nearly Real-time Reports And Not A Single Dictator...
Jun 28, 2012

is able to finish a complete sentence without losing their thought or incessantly repeating themselves because they keep losing their place.  It's getting annoying.  I've done about a 1/2 dozen reports so far and NOT ONE has been just a normal dictation.  I'm wondering if all these doctors are unable to focus on the task at hand because of what is going on in Washington right now or if it's just a fluke.  I mean, I have never encountered anything like this ...

DQS 7.1 Autocap Question With Single Letter Expansion
Sep 24, 2012

Just started 7.1 today.  I believe this has already been addressed, but I cannot find it on here. With autocap enabled, my expansions with a single letter, such as "t" for "the" and "r" for "right" capitalized the whole word.  Any fixes for that??? ...