A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

filling in forms. how to charge? - lisa marie

Posted: Dec 23, 2014

A doctor wants me to do PFTs from a premade template he created.  It is about a page long.  It would involve typing the clinical history (2 lines or so) and filling in a lot of blanks.  He does not want to pay my line rate that I get for typing his office notes, but wants me to give him a flat charge per report that is much less than what I would get for typing dictation.  Any advice on what I should price this at?

Try this. SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Figure out how much you make per hour on average using your line rate, then figure out how much time it takes to do one of his PFTs. Do the math, and you've got a fair flat rate.

Bye the way, what is the flat rate he wants to pay?

sm - lisa marie

[ In Reply To ..]
3 per report. I do 4 to 5 an hour. i don't think 12 to 15 an hour as an IC is good.

What percentage of your work is...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
form filling? It sounds fairly straight forward and easy money. If it's only a small percentage of your overall work, it's up to you whether you want to take the risk of asking for more per report. I know it's the principle of the thing, but you are very lucky to even have a good paying IC client. There's no telling how the account will react if you ask for more. It's a business negotiation at this point. It may or may not go your way.

Similar Messages:

FILLING THE GAP W/ Other Forms Of Transcription
Nov 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone out there has ever thought of filling the gap by moving into other forms of transcription... As EMR increases, pay dwindles and opportunities for traditional transcription diminish, I'm thinking that it might be wise to broaden my scope a bit. I've thought about court reporting (as a broad spectrum...not just actually in the court room) and other forms of transcription other than within the medical community. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this or oth ...

No Tax Forms From TDD
Feb 28, 2011

xx ...

BAS Forms
Jan 25, 2012

The patient has ADD and PDD-NOS. Teachers filled out a form that sounds like BAS form (BAST, BASK). Any ideas? Thanks! ...

W2 Forms
Dec 19, 2014

Does anyone remember when we normally get our W2 forms in January?  Mid January or end of January? ...

Tax Forms 2010
Feb 05, 2011

I have not to date receive my 2010 tax forms for Keystrokes Transcription Service. Anyone else in the same position?   I have phoned, emailed and yet no response. I would like to file my taxes and without the forms I can't :(. ...

FILLING OUT JOB APPLICATIONS
Oct 05, 2010

When you are applying on line for a position for employment, what do you put for business references.   This job wants three business references.  I do not want my current job to know I am looking.  Working at home I do not have many business references.  ...

Transcend W2 Forms
Jan 21, 2011

My 2010 W2 was posted on our Transcend ADP self-service site, so any current Transcend employees waiting on their W2 form should check. :-) ...

SS And Filling Out Demos Etc
Jan 08, 2012

For those of you waiting to know just how bad you will be taken at SS regarding all the time spent filling in demos and other "stuff." Number of keystrokes on 22 different jobs that count NOT towards your line count and this is generous as there were many more keystrokes that didn't count that weren't included in the numbers below…  Job 1:  28 Job 2:  27+ Job 3:  41 Job 4:  40 Job 5:  39 Job 6:  38 Job 7:  39 Job 8:  52 Job ...

If You Work As An IC, Do You Still Get W2 Forms
Mar 21, 2012

taken out of your paycheck each pay period, or do you have to figure all of that out yourself?  If so, do you think it's worth it to be an IC, or not worth it? If you're a non-married IC, how do you deal with medical insurance?  Does the IC pay cover the difference?  If you go without, how do you deal with doctor bills?  Anything else I should know about being an IC?  I've always been an employee, but some of the IC jobs look tempting, and I'm thin ...

Filling In Demographics And All The
Oct 03, 2012

Exactly - Agreed Posted: Oct 2nd, 2012 - 10:39 pm In Reply to: FYI - Anonymousno one inhouse or outhouse pays for filling in demographics and it is quite plainly wrong when paid on a production basis - at least in America. We are not indentured servants but are heading there - if not already there - by working without being paid for all characters transcribed including demographics. The MTSOs just don't want to expend the money or effort to adjust the technology to count everything they ha ...

Filling In Tables
Oct 30, 2012

We have a couple of doctors who do complicated tables in some of their reports. It's a real production killer!!! ...

Nuance Tax W2 Forms
Jan 29, 2014

Has anyone received their 2013 tax forms yet? I have not, and wondering who I contact to ask for it. Havent worked there since last year. thanks. ...

Unacceptable Brief Forms
Feb 24, 2014

I have some lists I printed out back when I was in school with unacceptable and acceptable brief forms and confusing abbreviations. There are things on the unacceptable list such as cath and a fib. I feel certain that I printed the lists from either JCAHO or ISMP, but I have been unable to locate them. Does anyone know where I can find these? Thanks! ...

W2 Forms Are On The ADP Site Now... Nm
Jan 17, 2015

x ...

Question About Filling Out Applications
Feb 01, 2010

I am starting to apply for other jobs (not MT after 35 years).  When filling out my current employer I always put NJ as the address of the company, but should I put my current supervisor's name in as a contact or should they contact the main office?  I really don't want my supe to know I'm looking for another job yet.  TIA. ...

IRS Won't Be Mailing Tax Forms Next Year
Sep 28, 2010

A man pick up federal tax form 1040 at a post office in Palo Alto, Calif., Wednesday, April 15, 2009. (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma) WASHINGTON — Don't look for tax forms and instructions in your mailbox next year. The Internal Revenue Service has decided to stop mailing them because so many people now file electronically. The Washington Post reports on its website Monday that the IRS expects to save about $10 million a year by eliminating mailing. More than 96 million people ...

What Do List As Your Profession On Tax Forms? Sm
Mar 09, 2011

medical transcriptionist, transcriptionist, medical editor, ASR editor ?  not sure what I even am anymore other than underpaid, frustrated, and stressed beyond human comprehension (wish I could put that on the form !! HA). ...

Moving Short Forms
Apr 21, 2011

On DQS does anyone know how to move the short forms to another company that also uses DQS.  Can you send me the information if you have it. ...

What Happened To Standard Forms?
Sep 22, 2011

Suddenly we have new QA and it's gotten crazy! We have some new PA's that dictate things so out of order as compared to the "norm" and QA wants us to give it to them instead of making reports alike as we were trained to do.  I've had some dictate drug allergies in review of systems and medications in the plan and QA wants this. I don't get it. I just don't understand how a doctor can know to check the plan for what meds a patient is on.  I also have a PA that ...

Who Is Filling Out These Surveys?? I Don't Care About
Apr 17, 2013

buddying up with MTs or collaborating with bosses... KEEP MY WORK IN THE U.S.!!  That's what I care about. ...

Has Anyone Ever Called The IRS Directly To Get Help Filling Out A Form
Apr 03, 2012

This is now my third day trying to fill out form 4562.  Since it's just a computer I bought you would think it would be easy.  No, I have to fill out a worksheet, read some pub, enter the figure from line 29 (which I'm only on line 7, but I can't complete line 29 because I haven't completed line first part of the form).  Line 1 I enter the real property, line 4 I enter the real property put in place (which evidently my understanding are two different things, ot ...

LVEF 60% Filling Pressure Probably Elevated.
May 22, 2012

I am really not good with matters of the heart (you know what I mean!) should it be: LVEF 60%, filling pressure probably elevated. or LVEF 60% filling pressure, probably elevated. I am thinking it is the first one. ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

Please, MME, Use Your Brain When Correcting/filling In Blanks.
Dec 18, 2012

There has to be a fine line between vertabatim and what is transcribed. :- Blanks are sometimes left for a reason, and anyone with the knowledge they should have to do QA should know when the value and/or unit of measurement is impossible. The measurement unit the doctor dictated, probably by mistake, was impossible. If that value was so, that duct would have been half the height of the patient. Although, the doctor was ESL, so he may not have known the difference anyway. At least I know ...

I Hope Every Single One Of You Is Filling Out The Survey
Dec 20, 2012

I've seen some people saying it's just clicking on boxes, but there are 3 comment sections where you can write whatever you want!  We all spend a lot of time complaining here, and we should all take the opportunity to complain there too.  Let them have it!  About our jobs going to India, about constant NJA or mandatory overtime, benefits, crappy wages, the last town hall meeting............ whatever you complain about here you need to put on that survey. I kno ...

When Do W2 Forms Go Out? I Worked At Nuance For 6 Weeks Last
Jan 16, 2014

I can only hope it's mailed and I don't have to go into one of their outsourced confusing websites. Thanks. ...

When Filling Out A Remedy Ticket Do You Subtract
Feb 05, 2014

that 6 minutes of manual available time from your total hours left on your shift?  My shift is over and not 1 single job came up.  So many stupid steps we have to take when they do not provide us with work!!!! ...

Qa, Are You Paid For Additions To A Report? Like Filling
Apr 16, 2014

unless you KNOW for sure.  Dont assume N is doing anything to profit you that they dont need to do.  Dont assume they have your best interest at heart.  ANd DONT beleive you TL if she quickly ansers you with sure, you get paid for everything.  Dont believe anything you can verify with your own eyeballs. MM does not paid for any additions to a report.  Say they cant count lines on a report after the first time they do it with the job submitted by the MT.  Yeah, like ...

Passed NEMT Testing And Now Have Forms
Aug 06, 2014

to fill out and return before phone interview.  Was excited at first.  Now hesitant to continue process.  Anyone encouraging words  as to whether this could be a good move.  Anything at all would be helpful. TIA  ...

The Person Filling In The TSM Stated OT Was Available Today And Tomorrow.
Nov 14, 2014

We I saw the backlog numbers, I could not believe it! We have had OT on Friday and Saturday a lot, but not with numbers so low. Figured I would run out of work, so I started my shift (second) early in an effort to have work. Well, work must be mighty slim, as I am now in the cesspool, and 1 facility has amongst the worst audio ever. Still in the process of getting out of here! ...