A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day? - I wonder

Posted: Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose?

My thought - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
If you mean US MTs - probably not that much if you compared to what is offshored - LOL

It would just backup and get done - when the MTs returned to work the next day

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It would provide further proof they can't get help in the US and - even more work will end up in India. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Curious - I wonder - SecondWind

[ In Reply To ..]
I also wonder what would happen if every single MT changed to a company owned in America by American citizens and who only hired people (regardless of sex, race or national origin, etc.) who only lived in and paid taxes in America. A big share of American business is financing other countries' economies. That's fine. However, it would be nice if someone thought the USA and it's workers, though more expensive, were worth the investment to pump some money into.

their jobs? - mter

[ In Reply To ..]
This kind of talk is so inane. If you don't like your job, are underpaid, feel so cynical you spend your time asking questions like this, then why not go find a new job you're happier?

If you want to see how fast MTs can be replaced by other workers, technology, or docs themselves, then by all means, take a day off :)

Actually - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I love my job, I'm not underpaid, and I don't feel cynical.

I never mentioned anything about being replaced. whaaa?

My husband made a comment last night about how much money the gas stations would lose if everybody in the US didn't buy fuel for one whole day. I then wondered the same as far as transcription, curious about the financial portion, how much companies make in just a day.

Yikes...bad day?

I see what the problem is - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant how much money the COMPANIES would lose. I didn't word my original post very well. Sorry about that.

I'm not transcribing today and the only one - Thanks Transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
losing money is me. No work... again. At least here in the USA.

Another Transcender - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not work today either and not by choice (NJA).

And another - TypaDee

[ In Reply To ..]
This is day 2 for me without any work whatsoever.
Oh my gosh - WonderingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
What does Transcend tell you about why there is no work. Did they overhire, lose accounts, or doing more off-shoring. There is no way I could afford to say at a job with no work for days, although I also have been looking for work and cannot find a job. How discouraging and sorry for all the Transcenders. They used to be so good to work for.
I got in FT lines today, met my commitment NM - New Transcender (MDI)
[ In Reply To ..]
No message.
To wondering MT - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not bother questioning anymore - even if you do they only make up excuses. No - I cannot afford it either - but hopefully something will come my way. I used to almost have panic attacks over the situation, but have to live with it and keep my fingers crossed something will blow my way. :)
Partial unemployment - Check
[ In Reply To ..]
I recently learned that I can get partial unemployment in my state. If I'm scheduled for a 40-hour week and my company can't provide the work, I'm eligible. You should check into this (in case you haven't already). It's filed on a weekly basis.
I was getting partial unemployment for my - another transcend employee
[ In Reply To ..]
lack of work at Transcend. And then their human resource person sent me an email saying it was taking a lot of work to fight it. So I crawled back under my rock and did not apply in future weeks. But, RLee has motivated me to reapply on the low weeks. On the weeks I did get it, I was definitely eligible and I don't know what or why they were fighting. The state sure never asked for it back as it was the claim was legit. I still have over $9000 left in my pool that the state says I can have. I'm taking it. I'm done the Transcend dance. Thanks JLee.
I'd take that HR email right down to the unemployment office - and show off the "bullying" tactic.
[ In Reply To ..]
I bet you'd have all the work you could ever want :-)
I am also collecting partial unemployment - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Very little work here either - MDI/trans MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 2 nights out of 5 on second shift, and every Tuesday and Thursday night the work trickles in and just about stops altogether around midnight (I work from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. If this continues I will not be able to meet my line count, and I have mentioned this over and over and they think that because I am different accounts that I should never, ever be without work..but this also depends on the accounts, not how many you are doing. I am so very frustrated!

Transcend - itype2

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for them but I know that they had some openings for rad and acute care, I got placed on their waiting list to be contacted. I'm guessing that they overhired and then took on the MDI employees. Can't the account managers do a better job of estimating how many people they will need? My place outsources some of its work but we never run out of work on site.
To itype2 - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I heard they had cut back most of the rad MTs to only 20 hours - you may want to run in the other direction and be put on a DO NOT CALL LIST!!!!!
Re rad accounts - 24-7
[ In Reply To ..]
I also heard that they had to take a pay cut. They were told that it they would lose the accounts unless they cut the rates they were charging the customers, and had to pass that along to the MTs.
Rad accounts - itype2
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the heads up. Now, I'm actually counting the jobs that I don't get as blessings in disguise, there must be a reason why I'm being told to stay put, lol!

Similar Messages:

Can Anyone Tell Me If MQ Stopped Matching
Mar 27, 2011

401k contributions?  I know they had a 50% match back a long time ago when I was first hired. I heard something about them not matching anymore?  Anyone know if this is true? I wouldn't be surprised with what they have already and continue to take from us.  Watching Suze Orman show; she says if your company doesn't match to stop contributing and start a Roth IRA.  ...

Has Anyone Stopped Doing MME Work?
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone been an MT, MME, and ASR and then quit doing the MME part and gone back to just MT and ASR work?   If so, did it make any difference in your paycheck for better or worse?  How did your workflow change?  Are you glad you quit doing MME work or would you like to go back to it again?    Also, has anyone actually switched positions within MModal or Medquist from being an MT to something like a virtual customer service representative or something that is still ...

Has Anyone's Company Stopped Using B.i.d.?
Jan 11, 2013

On a recent transcription test I was informed that it was not used by that facility anymore.  Just curious if it was particular to them or a new thing I have not heard of.  ...

Coding Program Stopped
May 14, 2014

Just got an email from our manager saying they are stopping the program for the next week or so until they get the bugs worked out.   We are supposed to type until they figure out their next step.  Some of the students still don't have the encoder program.  I think a big part of it is because of the ruling to delay ICD9.  Who knows if it will start back up again.     Will keep you guys posted.  ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Finally Sick Of It And Just Stopped Typing...YAY! Nm
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Audio Stopped Playing On DocQScribe
Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine. Thanks in advance!! ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Is It Just Me Or Have MTSOs Stopped The Stupid Testing?
Oct 28, 2014

The last 3 job offers required no testing at all, just a casual phone interview. What gives? ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

My Windows Live Mail Stopped Working
Sep 22, 2013

I refuse to talk to Phil in India, does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up so I can reinstall it? Please ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Grammar Errors Stopped Checking In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

All of the sudden Microsoft Word 2007 stopped checking grammar.  I went to proofing and the box is checked for "Hide grammar errors in this document only."  However, the box cannot be unchecked.  It is like this for all documents, even new ones.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much. ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

We Have To Work Every Single Day Of The Week Now?!
Aug 28, 2012

I always thought this mandatory OT was only for the days I'm scheduled to work but turns out I have to work 1 hour on my days off too!  Thinking of lots words I can't type here.  :| ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Single View Of The Pelvis
Feb 18, 2013

The gamma nail tip is at the region of the fovius adralas??? ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

A Question About Doing Transcription For A Single MD. Sm
Dec 02, 2013

I was recently contacted by a doc to do office notes.  What and how would you charge?  I don't have a clue.  Thanks ...

Single Metastatic Blank
Feb 11, 2014

I'm transcribing for a patient who previously had rectal cancer and has recently had a routine followup PET scan.  I'm new to cancer patients, so I'm still learning the terminology.  Physician has a lot of background noise and is difficult to understand.  I have a blank in the following sentence.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Thanks so much! "There was a single paraesophageal lymph node in the middle mediastinum on the left side t ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...

Scotomata Plural Or Single Or Can It Be Used For Both
Jun 01, 2015

scotomata is this singular or plural or can it be used for both. Having problems with this one. Thank you. ...

How Much Is Single Health Insurance At Keystrokes?
Oct 16, 2009

nm ...