A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have butterflies who constantly live in my stomach these days! sm - CONFUSED

Posted: Dec 06, 2013

Constantly getting emails to work extra, but no more.  I know it's extra money but is also increasing the likelihood that I could drop below 99.6%, especially when volunteering to do even more unfamiliar accounts.  I have struggled to make the line count and have been productive managed for that and told to go faster.  BUT I am now in a pool with I don't know how many accts and spend a good portion of my time reading and guessing about the client profile, and I was floored with an email I received last week about not going even a few minutes over your shift or you have to adjust your shift the next day.  Sometimes that can't be helped if you are working on a report and still working on it at your stop time.  What difference does a few minutes make when you work on production.  What does this company want???  If I fail this audit and they drop my pay by 3% they are going to get exactly what they are paying for from me.  I absolutely want to be let go and will not give them the satisfaction of quitting because that has got to be their motive.  (sorry for the venting, I'm tired and very angry, on top of being confused) 

More than 3% - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They will drop your pay not by 3% but by 3 cpl which could be 75% if you are making 4 for VR.

Ooops! I meant 3 cpl. I hate MMODAL!!!! sm - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]

Butterflies - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I didn't know that. No wonder I'm not making anything. If this keeps up we'll have to pay them to work for them.
I actually think that's the whole goal ... - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

working over - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I started a job with about 15 min to go in my shift, and, due to the constant searches for mumbled physicians to cc, I wound up clocking out 7 minutes late. I emailed my sup to let them know. Here it is, like 4 days later, my week is over, and still no word. I didn't clock out early the next day but waited until the last day of my week. It's a sad state within that company.

Why - would

[ In Reply To ..]
you email supervisor? Who cares if you are 7 minutes late? Just punch out early at some point. Don't mean to sound nasty, but this is the kind of stuff that lets this company get away with what they do. You let them keep you paranoid about everything.

No paranoia here - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just being on the up-and-up. Also, I wanted to see what kind of communication I had from the sup. And, here we are, still nada. No offense taken. As soon as I can, I'm outta there.
They - only
[ In Reply To ..]
let you know when you are doing something wrong. That's the only communication they are programmed to give. Too bad they don't realize they are just robots until they throw them out. My old supervisor was , and I warned her in one of my corrective action sessions that she will be out the door too, and she now is. I probably wouldn't last long as a TSM because I would tell them all where to go. Then again, I tell them that now and am still here.
question - poorhouse
[ In Reply To ..]
are you supposed to know other MTs on your team? I have no idea who I'm working with. It's just a joke.
They - try
[ In Reply To ..]
to keep that from you, don't want anyone to know they are not alone in the disgust with this place. At one time I asked my old CCM for a list of people I work with so we may share questions. That was before I was in this cesspool though. Maybe you could ask for some information for some people that work on your team and accounts. I met others through a reply-all email that I got written up for. Long story (and very funny story), but I met some great people and we are still in contact.
That's what I thought... - poorhouse
[ In Reply To ..]
Eh well, I'll just work in solitude and come here to vent. Maybe I'll try the reply all on the next group email. This company is really just disgusting. I can see how it earned the moniker The Squid.

You are allowed a 10% variance every week - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
Which means on a 40-hour week you can have up to 4 hours discrepancy between what your timecard says and what Fluency says. So just make your timecard right. You want to know how people are making good money? They take advantage of the variance. 15-30 minutes per shift working but not on the timecard helps boost the line count and benefit rate.

That is ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE - you must be joking - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no such "variance" and I have no idea even what you're talking about right now.

Taking the advice of this person to work FOUR WHOLE HOURS each week off the clock (8 full hours each pay period) will be putting yourself on the fastest track to the unemployment line.

Absolutely untrue information.

Similar Messages:

Medicine For Stomach Coating
Jan 03, 2011

Has anyone heard of what s/l Vembico for naproxen use as a type of stomach protector when taking medication?     Thank you! ...

Lebex? For Stomach Pain?
Jan 24, 2012

Dr. has it written as Lebex and says it is for stomach pain. I can't confirm this drug. Please help! Thanks! ...

Drug S/l Lax-eze Pt Had Stomach Resection. Tia
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

S/l Vail Of Allen In Stomach Surgery?
Nov 12, 2009

cannot verify this anywhere..   Thanks in advance!  ...

Feeling Sick To My Stomach Right Now. It Feels Like
Feb 14, 2012

someone punched me in the stomach.  I worked for a specific company for a while a couple years ago.  I was let go when they told me they were going out of business.  And now I see an ad for them???  WHAT???? ...

Why Does TTS Constantly Have Ads On For MTs. They Come On
Dec 26, 2012

and then about five days later they are on again looking.  Is there a problem working for them. ...

TTS Is Constantly Looking For MTs
May 30, 2014

So strange to see dislikes on job seekers board for TTS.  I think MTStars should charge for advertising so it doesn't get junked up by companies with huge turnover constantly advertising and leave space for independent companies with legit jobs and not revolving MT door jobs. ...

Why Do I Constantly Run Out Of Work?
Jun 08, 2012

I love my job.  I love the company I work for.  BUT why do I constantly run out of work???  Frustrating to say the least!  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

Anyone Else Threatened Constantly?
Jan 24, 2014

If I'm not being threatened with FIESA reports I'm being threatened with low production, etc. I'm so sick of them. If they paid us a decent wage... I just have to keep looking for another job. They treat us like we are less than dirt. +++ ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Oracle - Is Anyone Else Out Of Work Constantly For OTI?
Jan 16, 2014

Just a quick question.  Is anyone else out of work constantly for OTI?  I have been constantly fighting for work for the last 3 months.  Hopefully everything is okay. ...

Got Tired Of Running Out Of Work Constantly
Nov 20, 2009

& my pay dwindling so low, so started applying and testing and got a decent job offer today, so I'm outta here!!!       I had to quit because there's no work & I'm reading below that they're hiring right now.  Wow. ...

Diskriter Low On Work/running OOW Constantly Lately
Jan 29, 2011

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Been going on for about 2 months.  I Wonder what is up? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

Hx Of S/l Peek/a ?? Where She Was Constantly Feeling The Need To Chew On Ice
Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.    I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google. Thanks for your help..... ...

Thinking Of Going Back To Keystrokes But They Constantly Ran Out Of Work! Sm
Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire ...

Can Someone Please Explain How Synernet Constantly Runs Ads And Hires But...
May 06, 2015

Can't seem to fix the "holes" in coverage ? Things don't make sense with the what seems like permanent Overtime things never being managed.  And then the emails of people running low or out of work on some accounts.  I have sent out some resumes to none transcription positions and I pray I can get out of this field. I am so tired of it al . :( ...

S/l "dilipoise" Lesion In Colon Or Stomach
Jun 26, 2010

x ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...