A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Thinking of going back to Keystrokes but they constantly ran out of work! sm - Need a Real Job

Posted: Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire. I don't know what to do! I would do anything to find a decent company. I don't have a car or I would easily take a hospital secretarial job. So frustrated!

I just took a job for keystrokes, the work is still not there - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe me, I would have gone with another company had I really known this place was like this. I read all the comments on this board before I accepted a position, only to find out that all of those comments were correct. Had I been vigilant, I would have found something else. It's funny that they expect anyone to live off of this income. I wonder what those in management would do to find they couldn't pay their rent off of $50 or less a day. I love everything about this company, but doesn't do any good for that when they have no work. Okay, I don't love the fact they obviously over hire and could care less whether an individual is making a living. They will give a secondary account, but you will have to comply with different hours. It's really ridiculous.

Honestly going with another company will/would have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
do/done no good. They are all the same. I have been with too many to mention and they all run out of work constantly or if they do not run out constantly, it is fairly constantly. They all overhire and none of them care.

They wouldn't even give me a secondary acct. sm - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I begged for a secondary and they never gave me one, said they'd put me on the list. Crazy.

Overstaffed - they have no other account to give you! NM - Merlie

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Ad Says They Are "rolling Back The Clocks," So Nm
May 29, 2014

Doubtful ...

Why Does TTS Constantly Have Ads On For MTs. They Come On
Dec 26, 2012

and then about five days later they are on again looking.  Is there a problem working for them. ...

TTS Is Constantly Looking For MTs
May 30, 2014

So strange to see dislikes on job seekers board for TTS.  I think MTStars should charge for advertising so it doesn't get junked up by companies with huge turnover constantly advertising and leave space for independent companies with legit jobs and not revolving MT door jobs. ...

Why Do I Constantly Run Out Of Work?
Jun 08, 2012

I love my job.  I love the company I work for.  BUT why do I constantly run out of work???  Frustrating to say the least!  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

Anyone Else Threatened Constantly?
Jan 24, 2014

If I'm not being threatened with FIESA reports I'm being threatened with low production, etc. I'm so sick of them. If they paid us a decent wage... I just have to keep looking for another job. They treat us like we are less than dirt. +++ ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Oracle - Is Anyone Else Out Of Work Constantly For OTI?
Jan 16, 2014

Just a quick question.  Is anyone else out of work constantly for OTI?  I have been constantly fighting for work for the last 3 months.  Hopefully everything is okay. ...

Got Tired Of Running Out Of Work Constantly
Nov 20, 2009

& my pay dwindling so low, so started applying and testing and got a decent job offer today, so I'm outta here!!!       I had to quit because there's no work & I'm reading below that they're hiring right now.  Wow. ...

Diskriter Low On Work/running OOW Constantly Lately
Jan 29, 2011

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Been going on for about 2 months.  I Wonder what is up? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

Hx Of S/l Peek/a ?? Where She Was Constantly Feeling The Need To Chew On Ice
Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.    I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google. Thanks for your help..... ...

I Have Butterflies Who Constantly Live In My Stomach These Days! Sm
Dec 06, 2013

Constantly getting emails to work extra, but no more.  I know it's extra money but is also increasing the likelihood that I could drop below 99.6%, especially when volunteering to do even more unfamiliar accounts.  I have struggled to make the line count and have been productive managed for that and told to go faster.  BUT I am now in a pool with I don't know how many accts and spend a good portion of my time reading and guessing about the client profile, and I ...

Can Someone Please Explain How Synernet Constantly Runs Ads And Hires But...
May 06, 2015

Can't seem to fix the "holes" in coverage ? Things don't make sense with the what seems like permanent Overtime things never being managed.  And then the emails of people running low or out of work on some accounts.  I have sent out some resumes to none transcription positions and I pray I can get out of this field. I am so tired of it al . :( ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...