A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hx of s/l peek/a ?? where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice - see msg

Posted: Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.   

I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google.

Thanks for your help.....

pica (its a disorder) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It is pica - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
She's probably just pronouncing it wrong. Constantly chewing on ice fits with pica.

STAT DICTATION SO GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP SO FAST!! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

They Chew Us Up And Spit Us Out
Jul 21, 2011

I posted a message like this in response to someone and was accused of attacking her.  I am not attacking anyone, merely trying to explain how this company works.  They make the maximum profit by getting as much as they can out of each employee.  If they lower your pay as they just have and you work harder trying to make up the difference you are doing exactly what they want and giving them that much more incentive to lower your pay again at a future date.  I understand needi ...

Wow. I Was Taking A Peek Over Here
Mar 10, 2010

to see what Medquist was looking like.  Looks just about like Spheris to me, possibly a little worse.  Can anyone say what they are paying per line ASR and regular transcription for a mid-level account?  Clinic account?  Not sure it is worth the bother to stick around for this change. ...

S/l PEEK Unit
Jun 03, 2015

dictated, "The incision was taken through the skin and subcutaneous tissues with the s/l PEEK unit down tot he fascial layer.   This is a knee revision arthroplasty.   ...

Is PEEK Cage In All Caps?
Jul 16, 2010

Stryker PEEK cage or peek cage or Peek cage? ...

S/l Peek A Boo Toes -see Entire Sentence In Message
Jan 27, 2014

Exam of lower feet reveal pes planovalgus with hindfoot valgus and "peek a boo" toes. ...

Why Does TTS Constantly Have Ads On For MTs. They Come On
Dec 26, 2012

and then about five days later they are on again looking.  Is there a problem working for them. ...

TTS Is Constantly Looking For MTs
May 30, 2014

So strange to see dislikes on job seekers board for TTS.  I think MTStars should charge for advertising so it doesn't get junked up by companies with huge turnover constantly advertising and leave space for independent companies with legit jobs and not revolving MT door jobs. ...

Why Do I Constantly Run Out Of Work?
Jun 08, 2012

I love my job.  I love the company I work for.  BUT why do I constantly run out of work???  Frustrating to say the least!  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

Anyone Else Threatened Constantly?
Jan 24, 2014

If I'm not being threatened with FIESA reports I'm being threatened with low production, etc. I'm so sick of them. If they paid us a decent wage... I just have to keep looking for another job. They treat us like we are less than dirt. +++ ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Oracle - Is Anyone Else Out Of Work Constantly For OTI?
Jan 16, 2014

Just a quick question.  Is anyone else out of work constantly for OTI?  I have been constantly fighting for work for the last 3 months.  Hopefully everything is okay. ...

Got Tired Of Running Out Of Work Constantly
Nov 20, 2009

& my pay dwindling so low, so started applying and testing and got a decent job offer today, so I'm outta here!!!       I had to quit because there's no work & I'm reading below that they're hiring right now.  Wow. ...

Diskriter Low On Work/running OOW Constantly Lately
Jan 29, 2011

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Been going on for about 2 months.  I Wonder what is up? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

I Have Butterflies Who Constantly Live In My Stomach These Days! Sm
Dec 06, 2013

Constantly getting emails to work extra, but no more.  I know it's extra money but is also increasing the likelihood that I could drop below 99.6%, especially when volunteering to do even more unfamiliar accounts.  I have struggled to make the line count and have been productive managed for that and told to go faster.  BUT I am now in a pool with I don't know how many accts and spend a good portion of my time reading and guessing about the client profile, and I ...

Thinking Of Going Back To Keystrokes But They Constantly Ran Out Of Work! Sm
Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire ...

Can Someone Please Explain How Synernet Constantly Runs Ads And Hires But...
May 06, 2015

Can't seem to fix the "holes" in coverage ? Things don't make sense with the what seems like permanent Overtime things never being managed.  And then the emails of people running low or out of work on some accounts.  I have sent out some resumes to none transcription positions and I pray I can get out of this field. I am so tired of it al . :( ...

We're NOT The Only Ones Feeling
Aug 26, 2010

Read the comments by CBay's CEO and from the smaller Indian firms. Sad to feel some glee when reading this. ...

Got A Feeling.
Jun 01, 2011

My boss keeps telling us corporate says we are not producing enough for the number of employees we have, but we have been producing. Every other week, she will call and say increase production. I have been with the company for 11 years. I have a feeling we are going to be bought out. I am thinking about looking for a new job? I need a backup plan. Sad to see that MT is all about the big wigs making money off the little guy. ...

Feeling Bad . . .
Apr 25, 2013

Took a test for a city job and just got notice that I did not pass.  I was on of over 300 people who took the  test.  Happy for those that passed but wish I would have been one of them.  I believe I bombed in the math calculations.  Boy is it ever a kick in the pants with regard to self-esteem to know that I cannot even pass a simple test.  What can an old timer like me do when all I ever have done is transcription?  Feelling about as low as possible right now. ...

Do You Ever Get A Bad Feeling?
Aug 04, 2014

Now that the bankruptcy business is taken care of, I have a bad feeling. I don't know why now exactly, I just do, that something bad cometh our way...pay cuts, more firings, the usual chaos. Maybe because things have been a little quiet lately. This place has made me paranoid perhaps.  ...

I Get The Feeling This Is All
Mar 24, 2015

some experiment upon which to base some crazy decision "to take us in a new direction" yet again... UGH.  It's too ridiculous to make any sense, so it's giving me a really bad feeling. ...

Not Feeling Well At All X2 DaYS
Nov 14, 2009

Hi, All.  Yesterday morning, about 10 a.m. so, and while working, I started to get what felt like gas pains in the abdomen but onlly from the umbilicus down (it did go all the way across and ended up causing a mild backage - no pain any further.  They were constant and unrelenting,  No relief.  I took to gas pills, wated a littlle while, took 2 more, pain getting worse.  I had 3 ways of describning the pain:  1.  The (minimal) paring knife pain&n ...

Feeling Very Encouraged
Jan 02, 2010

I just wanted to thank those who shared that have been with this company for more than 10 years.  I have really been feeling unloved by MQ lately.  There have been a lot of changes since I've been here, and I've only been here since early 2006.  Been worried also lately about being let go or being laid off.  I don't know, you just gave me some hope somehow and I wanted to thank you all for that.  I guess my job isn't that bad after all.  And we d ...

Feeling Out Of Loop.
Jan 07, 2010

I am just thankful for this site.  If it weren't for it I wouldn't have a clue what is going on ever!  I haven't heard or received any type of email from my CCM? (if that is what they are still called) in over a month.  Then today I find out I've been moved.  I get on here and hear about all these things going on and I never had a clue. Any time something doesn't seem right like Kaspersky or not being able to log into system, this is the first pl ...

Feeling Weird
May 22, 2010

Has any body every noticed how you find companies that seem interested in you and want to hire you, but if you ask them to look up stuff it takes them forever?I had this one company who was interested in me but when I told them I use a mac computer, which I realize now was my mistake, I get the attitude "See you later"? ...

New MT...feeling Very Discouraged
Sep 29, 2010

Hi, I have recently graduated from an MT program and have been spending a lot of time on this forum. It has made me think that I may have made a huge mistake. I understand that times are hard, but does anyone have any good advice? I just have been getting discouraged so much lately. I have two young children and want to be able to stay home and help my husband to take care of our family. He already works two jobs as it is (in the health care field) and we just want to get ahead. Did I make a mis ...