A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS is constantly looking for MTs - and have dislikes on their ads. Why?

Posted: May 30, 2014

So strange to see dislikes on job seekers board for TTS.  I think MTStars should charge for advertising so it doesn't get junked up by companies with huge turnover constantly advertising and leave space for independent companies with legit jobs and not revolving MT door jobs.

Same ole, same ole over and over again, read below and - make your own decision

[ In Reply To ..]
Why should MTstars charge for a company that a lot of people work for and really like? What gives you the impresson TTS is not legit? I have worked there for at least 5 years now. I don't think it is your place to suggest what this site should do or not do.

My Response To A Resume Sent To Them... - Makes Me Wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
I was looking for a daytime PT job and sent them my resume. This is part of the response I got:

Thank you for all your information. I want to be candid without offending. I really do not think that what we have to offer is what you̢۪re looking for. We are primarily speech recognition, and our rates are MUCH lower than what you are looking at. All our work is acute care.

I am happy to call you and speak with you in detail – but I just don’t believe that we’re a match.

This really struck me as an odd response to someone with experience for a company always hiring. Thoughts??

Seems like you overpriced yourself and did you - say only wanted straight transcribing

[ In Reply To ..]
States rates are MUCH lower. That would indicate to me you quoted a price they did not pay (as most do not pay now days, all basically the same). It also stated all acute care. Did you ask for something like clinic work perhaps? Just reading between the lines that is what it looks like. My thoughts.

I didn't ask for anything nor did I quote any price - Makes Me Wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I wasn't experienced enough. It was an honest response, I'll give them that.
How much experience and do you do the - basic 4
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
4 years and yes, lots of experience with basic 4 - Oh well
[ In Reply To ..]
X

Maybe seemed odd because for once it was an honest response - from MTSO. Most MTSO would say SM

[ In Reply To ..]
sure, come on board. Then they would have tried to make you fit what they needed at the price they wanted to pay.

By being honest, he was saving the company, and you, much wasted time. Kept having an unhappy MTSO coming here to complain.

my response - wow2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 14 years experience in acute care and QA and from their initial response, scored 47/50 on their testing. They emailed me twice in followup, and then I heard nothing. After requesting resolution to the interview process I received, "...we just felt like other candidates that we have are higher caliber. Truthfully the accounts we are focusing on right now are very difficult, high ESL..."

Not sure where their problem was as I spent 12 years on an 85% ESL account and feel myself quite capable and not low caliber. I was willing to work nights and weekends part time and never requested a line rate.

Very odd. More power to 'em

She just saved you from making a big mistake - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe me. They are like that. They are nice one minute and willing to do whatever to make us happy and then turn around and do something crazy like that with no sense in what they do. I really honestly think the manager in charge of hiring/firing has anger issues and mood issues. Menopause maybe? just saying..

As I've posted before-- they tell EVERYBODY they scored 47/50 but they never show the results - Cheap company

[ In Reply To ..]
They quoted me 3 cents for VR and 6 cents for straight. I have over 40 years experience and CMT as well. These are starvation wages, so of course, only the desperate will accept them. It's no wonder they advertise all the time. As soon as somebody gets a better job, they are gone. I tried it for a couple weeks and they complained about everything, my internet speed, I wasn't doing work fast enough for them, ad nauseam. I quit and they begged me to reconsider. I don't think so.
Only desperate take that, do not agree with that - at all, far from it
[ In Reply To ..]
I never took any test because I talked with the owner and told her I knew a particular account they had and was hired then and there. I make the 4/8 but can average well over $20 per hour with no sweat. I have been there for some years now and have no issue and certainly do not care to change. Oh, as far as the CMT you and I both know how far that does not take a MT these days.
Good luck getting more than 3/6..Sm - Waiting on the bus out of here
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what is offered and nothing more for a high ESL account with absolutely LOUSY sound quality files. Take it or leave it.
That may be the account you were on but not - every single one of them is like that
[ In Reply To ..]
Make more than 3/6 always and the VR on my account is so clean, concise and accurate that I hope I can finish out my years of MTing there.
TTS - Yeah
[ In Reply To ..]
I get 4/8 and the VR is quite good on my account. I have 15 years' experience MTing. I just started this week but so far it seems like a good gig.
IC or employee? I've been at this over 20 years. Nm - Going, going, gone
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I don't believe it - fyi
[ In Reply To ..]
That doesn't even make sense, why would they start someone at 4/8 and put them on an easy account and start others at 3/6 for a hard account...I was hired at 3/6, was put on a high ESL account with horrible dictation, asked for 4/8 and they refused and I quit.
I think the difference is ICs are paid the 4/8 - and full time employees
[ In Reply To ..]
are paid the 3/6. That is what I was told when I first started, probably paying less for the full time as they have to do paperwork, taking out taxes, etc. that does not come with the ICs is my guess.
TTS - Yep
[ In Reply To ..]
Full-time employee, just started this week at 4/8 on an easy account with 15 years' MT experience. Guess I lucked out? I don't know.
Yup. So far first two accounts are easy and the ASR clear. no msg. - Alias
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
at least now I don't feel so bad - fyi
[ In Reply To ..]
about quitting on them. If they can pay some 4/8 on an easy account, they surely could of paid me 4/8 for a hard account. Just couldn't stay there on that account for minimum wage at best. Oh well, their loss...
They might have been trying to tell you something - and you gave them their way out
[ In Reply To ..]
I started out at 4/8 rate at least 5 or so years ago now, never asked for a raise because I could make good on that rate. If they had wanted to keep you am sure they probably would have raised to what others make.
I dont believe it. sounds like they are trying to repair their "image" - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they have realized that they need to pay more, but they are starting everyone out at 3/6 on the harder accounts. This is just a line to get you in and they will tell you this:

We do not have any more opening on our other account, but we do have a new account but they are a more difficult account.

I would bet you 20 bucks on that one.
You are wrong. I started there several years ago - and hired on at 8/4
[ In Reply To ..]
Quit guessing because you have no clue on this.
Key words are "several years ago" nm - Going, going, gone
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
very defensive are we? like i said trying to repair their image cause ... - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
no one wants to work for peanuts at the Looney Toons Company...

It shows how many ads they put up and the turnaround there. It is a horrible place to work and they will eventually run out of people wanting to work for them... only a matter of time.
I can do the 4/8 and make a decent salary, more than most - here make, would not call it peanuts
[ In Reply To ..]
Average $160-175 per day so $20 plus hour is what others wish they made. Maybe the ones working for peanuts just cannot hack it, slow, unable to do the work fast, just like a big slug I guess.
if everyone that works there is like you- straight jacket anyone? lol - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad you can make decent money. so happy for you... if it is just a great place to work, you wouldnt have to be so defensive and try so hard to make everyone think it is.

no go take your xanax and go to bed before you have a heart attack.
Since when is telling the truth defensive, you want - to constantly post about your shortcomings
[ In Reply To ..]
You are coming here all the time bashing the company. Your postings sound alike. Why not just say you cannot make it there and accept it? Case in point: Xanax is a brand name, therefore you would capitalize it. I rest my case.
are you seriously still posting? cant let it go? lawd n/m - end it already
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Why Does TTS Constantly Have Ads On For MTs. They Come On
Dec 26, 2012

and then about five days later they are on again looking.  Is there a problem working for them. ...

Why Do I Constantly Run Out Of Work?
Jun 08, 2012

I love my job.  I love the company I work for.  BUT why do I constantly run out of work???  Frustrating to say the least!  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

Anyone Else Threatened Constantly?
Jan 24, 2014

If I'm not being threatened with FIESA reports I'm being threatened with low production, etc. I'm so sick of them. If they paid us a decent wage... I just have to keep looking for another job. They treat us like we are less than dirt. +++ ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Oracle - Is Anyone Else Out Of Work Constantly For OTI?
Jan 16, 2014

Just a quick question.  Is anyone else out of work constantly for OTI?  I have been constantly fighting for work for the last 3 months.  Hopefully everything is okay. ...

Got Tired Of Running Out Of Work Constantly
Nov 20, 2009

& my pay dwindling so low, so started applying and testing and got a decent job offer today, so I'm outta here!!!       I had to quit because there's no work & I'm reading below that they're hiring right now.  Wow. ...

Diskriter Low On Work/running OOW Constantly Lately
Jan 29, 2011

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Been going on for about 2 months.  I Wonder what is up? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

Hx Of S/l Peek/a ?? Where She Was Constantly Feeling The Need To Chew On Ice
Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.    I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google. Thanks for your help..... ...

I Have Butterflies Who Constantly Live In My Stomach These Days! Sm
Dec 06, 2013

Constantly getting emails to work extra, but no more.  I know it's extra money but is also increasing the likelihood that I could drop below 99.6%, especially when volunteering to do even more unfamiliar accounts.  I have struggled to make the line count and have been productive managed for that and told to go faster.  BUT I am now in a pool with I don't know how many accts and spend a good portion of my time reading and guessing about the client profile, and I ...

Thinking Of Going Back To Keystrokes But They Constantly Ran Out Of Work! Sm
Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire ...

Can Someone Please Explain How Synernet Constantly Runs Ads And Hires But...
May 06, 2015

Can't seem to fix the "holes" in coverage ? Things don't make sense with the what seems like permanent Overtime things never being managed.  And then the emails of people running low or out of work on some accounts.  I have sent out some resumes to none transcription positions and I pray I can get out of this field. I am so tired of it al . :( ...