A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can someone please explain how Synernet constantly runs ads and hires but... - synmt001

Posted: May 06, 2015

Can't seem to fix the "holes" in coverage ? Things don't make sense with the what seems like permanent Overtime things never being managed.  And then the emails of people running low or out of work on some accounts.  I have sent out some resumes to none transcription positions and I pray I can get out of this field. I am so tired of it al . :(

They cannot keep anyone for very long - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is why. The meany girls drive people away. Unless that changes there will forever be holes in coverage an overtime.

What? - Do you mean

[ In Reply To ..]
Mean girls? Do you even know what you are talking about? You want to lim p everyone into one category. Good luck on job hunting; some may leave but a lot come back when they find out things are worse out there.

Well good luck to them - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It is typical behavior of people who take abuse that they often go back to the abuser several times because they break free. That doesn't mean the situation is good or that there does exist a better situation. It's in the handbook. All that can be said is that if proper management of people were employed to begin with including boosting morale and managing with a little TLC, then the mean girl theory would go away. You can deny it exists all you want or say not everyone is like that. That may be but the people who are making decisions and who work directly over the MTs are that way.The fact that there is the constant hole in coverage, continuous overtime, and constant micromanaging says something about how people are being managed. You don't find companies with good management skills and people skills with these kinds of problems. And just because people will come back doesn't mean the place is good either. It just means certain people will put up with a lot of abuse before they finally say, "I have enough self-respect to stop taking it anymore."
abuse? seriously? - no name
[ In Reply To ..]
are they inflicting bodily harm? Is it really considered abuse for asking someone to work overtime? Really? All I have to say is.. have mercy
They're not asking; it's mandatory, and it's - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
been going on every week for years. That's abuse of mandatory OT. It's also bodily harm because of sitting for longer hours and the stress. You need to read up on what that can do to a body and mind over excessive amounts of time. That's abusive to health. I wish they would have mercy.
3 hours OT a week and you are crying? - have mercy- just stop working
[ In Reply To ..]
That is not abuse.

It was only 2 weeks overtime a week, now only 3. So why complain?
There is a lot more to it than just 3 hours - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You say just 3 hours of OT and you put down the other posters. Well there is a lot more to it than that. The manager J is worse than T. At least T showed the MT respect. No respect, no consideration; only micromanaging, domineering, outright nastiness from those running the show. Compounded with many hours of unpaid downtime and then snotty e mails thereafter... Well yes there is a lot more to it. Finally the amount of name differences on Instant messenger does reflect a huge turnover... So this is more of a true picture of the situation. No sugar coating this one.

Hell hole - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Management is a bunch of liars. Holes in coverage, my ass. Holes in their heads. And,still no extra compensation for the time we lost with cluster-F*#*# outage. Like it never happened and we get zero. They really value their employees. No raise. No bonus. Just keep sending out those reminders about mandatory overtime. Notice how V has disappeared? What happened to her happy calls? The place just sucks.

Tell me why they would hire more people - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
when they are getting us to clean up all the work with mandatory OT? Hmmmm? Lot cheaper than hiring new people. They've had the MOT for 2 years that I know of; every spring/summer. They have always said "it will only be for a short time, we are working on getting rid of it." QA is getting overly picky now too (used to be pretty reasonable), so I'm sure that takes away some of the new hires. Line counts have to be horrible with all the junk work, VR, and jumping around from account to account and now pool to pool. I never know anymore what will pop up. I'm starting to delete the emails constantly wanting us to work weekends, evenings, and MOT when I see them. I'll work when I can, but the fact that they have not addressed all the money lost by their MTs during the outage means they just don't care that they lost it. Tell me why I should care and work my days off for a place like that?

Exactly. Character always shines through - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
during difficult situations. This past one was a horrific financial burden for those working. Some rents did not get paid; some utilities in danger of being turned off. Then the glib e mails show up about how patient care was harmed. Well obviously. But we showed up and was it our fault? No. It was the fault of those who monitor the systems, the infrastructure which obviously could not handle the new hospital they just took on with the employees which it included. So blame the people who are the legs which hold you up. Then watch them walk away. No not walk away. RUN. Sorry to say this. But good character provides for those in an emergency. Does not demand MORE.
I know this is - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
But you should really watch what you say. Karma is a b----. If you don't like the company why do you stick around? You can complain all you want but obviously it just makes you a negative and unhappy person. The only one who can make a change for the better, if you don't like the situation, is you. I happen to like the company and things are not always as they seem. Things don't happen overnight but I know that management is not happy about what happened either. Everyone was involved. Patience and a positive attitude will go a long way. Don't judge others unless you have walked in their shoes. Stick to the facts and then you won't have to make things when you don't have a clue!
We are posting the truth as the MTs experienced it - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
So perhaps the management doesn't care about how the MTs feel or care to put themselves in the MT's shoes... or perhaps the turnover numbers speak for themselves. Either way what you say is true and the words apply to management coming here and not paying attention to how the staff feels. And if you say MTs should leave, well they are. There we are back to the "holes in coverage." Conversation full circle. End of meeting.
My2 cents - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
There are pros and cons with every company. At this point in time, i feel that there are more cons than pros with Synernet, but the pros somehow outweigh the cons for me. As for the recent technical issues which slowed us all down, I think the least they could have done was to waive the hourly minimum line requirement. Also, when it comes to Earned time payments, why is it only $10/hour when the minimum line requirement comes to about $12.25 per hour? That's $90 a week. So, I go on vacation for a week and I lose $90, or more since I usually do more than 175 lines per hour... Is that fair?

But, I've worked at companies where there is NO PTO, and I had to watch the work queue 16+ hours a day to get minimum lines. So, there are a few advantages at Synernet that keep me from leaving at this time. That doesn't mean I've quit looking or quit trying to find some other way to earn a living, even if it's something like moving to the forest and carving furniture out of trees..

I am sad to leave but very very glad - MT64

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried to hang on I really did. I found something that pays more and no micromanaging. I had to go. The system crash with no pay gave me plenty of time to test for other jobs. It also made me realize the value of my life. For example, I would sit thinking these are moments of my life I will never get back. Why do I allow this to happen. The job was something I was used to. I am sorry I do not have it anymore because it is no longer part of my life. But I had to go and I have to say I don't miss the stress. I am sure they would say (the managers) don't let the door hit you on the way out. But then again, they would have probably said it had I stayed. Good luck to all left behind. I hope you will prosper.

Similar Messages:

Looking For A Company That Never Runs Out Of Work
Apr 04, 2012

I am looking for a company that never runs out of work.  Is there a company out there like this?  I would like flexibility in my schedule.  No ESLs.  Am I just dreaming of this job that may exist? ...

No, OTI Never Overhires And Never Runs Out Of Work
Jan 16, 2013

Oh but they do.  What a disappointment.  ...

My McAfee Virus Scan Subscription Runs Out
Dec 03, 2009

at the end of December.  I know it is not the best scanner.  Need opinions on what else is out that that is good.  I have heard bad things about Nortoon's.  McAfee and Norton's are really the only 2 that are advertised that you hear about.  Any opinions, suggestions, experiences???   TIA. ...

Why Does TTS Constantly Have Ads On For MTs. They Come On
Dec 26, 2012

and then about five days later they are on again looking.  Is there a problem working for them. ...

TTS Is Constantly Looking For MTs
May 30, 2014

So strange to see dislikes on job seekers board for TTS.  I think MTStars should charge for advertising so it doesn't get junked up by companies with huge turnover constantly advertising and leave space for independent companies with legit jobs and not revolving MT door jobs. ...

Why Do I Constantly Run Out Of Work?
Jun 08, 2012

I love my job.  I love the company I work for.  BUT why do I constantly run out of work???  Frustrating to say the least!  ...

MT Rules Changes Constantly
Aug 14, 2012

Does anybody else get emails of updated account specs or just in general about how this is now changing in the MT world and things such as hyphens are being phased out, among other changes to make the document "more readable".  I wonder...all these changes to how we are supposed to do our jobs, yet the only changes to what we are paid to do our job is a negative with pays dropping instead of going up.  I say it here and I can say it so many times, if somebody can sit in an office and c ...

Anyone Else Threatened Constantly?
Jan 24, 2014

If I'm not being threatened with FIESA reports I'm being threatened with low production, etc. I'm so sick of them. If they paid us a decent wage... I just have to keep looking for another job. They treat us like we are less than dirt. +++ ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

To The MTSOs Constantly Hiring
Sep 24, 2012

So you want MTs to transcribe and edit VR who are skilled and experienced?  You want someone to be a mind-reader with your ESL dictators with no help from QA?  You want a reliable person who is going to work nights, weekends, and holidays for this pay?  Here's your problem keeping a good MT.  You pay 4 cpl for VR and 7 cpl to transcribe.  At the same time, you expect nothing from your clients.  They are allowed to tie up an MTs time with garbage to t ...

MTSOs Constantly Hiring, Low Pay, Etc
Sep 25, 2012

In the recent issue of For The Record magazine, 'MTs question compensation rates,' regarding the 13 MTs filing collective class action lawsuit against Transcend in May 2012...quote *Up until this point, as long as the MTs are willing to sit back and take whatever is given to them in terms of compensation and working conditions, then that's the way it's going to be. But now that a group of people have actually taken a stand and said, "We don't believe that this practice i ...

Oracle - Is Anyone Else Out Of Work Constantly For OTI?
Jan 16, 2014

Just a quick question.  Is anyone else out of work constantly for OTI?  I have been constantly fighting for work for the last 3 months.  Hopefully everything is okay. ...

Got Tired Of Running Out Of Work Constantly
Nov 20, 2009

& my pay dwindling so low, so started applying and testing and got a decent job offer today, so I'm outta here!!!       I had to quit because there's no work & I'm reading below that they're hiring right now.  Wow. ...

Diskriter Low On Work/running OOW Constantly Lately
Jan 29, 2011

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Been going on for about 2 months.  I Wonder what is up? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

Hx Of S/l Peek/a ?? Where She Was Constantly Feeling The Need To Chew On Ice
Sep 26, 2012

Pt is here for a 2 month history of s/l peek/a ??  where she was constantly feeling the need to chew on ice as well as progressively worsening fatigue.    I so clearly hear peek/a but can't find anything on google. Thanks for your help..... ...

I Have Butterflies Who Constantly Live In My Stomach These Days! Sm
Dec 06, 2013

Constantly getting emails to work extra, but no more.  I know it's extra money but is also increasing the likelihood that I could drop below 99.6%, especially when volunteering to do even more unfamiliar accounts.  I have struggled to make the line count and have been productive managed for that and told to go faster.  BUT I am now in a pool with I don't know how many accts and spend a good portion of my time reading and guessing about the client profile, and I ...

Thinking Of Going Back To Keystrokes But They Constantly Ran Out Of Work! Sm
Feb 15, 2015

I took a job with another company thinking the grass was greener because the accounts were major and the work was there but the platform sucks and QA is picky as hell.  I am a good MT and been doing this years, years in QA with taking MT jobs now because the QA jobs are not there. This is my sole income and I can't survive.  I like the platform and steady checks at Keystrokes but the work just wasn't coming in, they wouldn't give me a secondary, and they continually hire ...

Amazing How This "huge Hospital System That Never Runs Out Of Work" Has Run Out Of Work Sm
Aug 12, 2012

has run out of work yet again, from last night and still this morning.  Stupid me for believing the promises of a recruiter.   ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...

Transtech Hires IC's
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone tell me if Transtech hires IC'S?  Thanks! ...

Anybody Know If Transcend Hires P.R.N.? Nm
Jan 09, 2012

X ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...