A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Denied - score 94. Oh well. Good luck - everyone. I think today

Posted: Mar 20, 2014

is finally the day I make the decision to move on from Mmodal. Good luck to all who applied.

Oh no. Sorry. Well that's me out too then. - I got the same score.

[ In Reply To ..]
With the test having some CLEARLY wrong answers on the answer key, I thought that would have been a high enough score.

:'(

Denied with a 94??? Wow, that is shocking. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly did not think there were going to be that many high 90s.

Guess I can toddle off to other things now. I wasn't even close to a 94.

94?! Then I surely don't stand a chance. - Wow. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

92 here and nervous - no word yet

[ In Reply To ..]
x

ha... 78 and no word yet! - maybe i stand a chance!

[ In Reply To ..]
Ha ha ha

You might, depending on how much posterior - you smooch.... ;D

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure that's an "invisible" quality that's going to factor into some of the company's choices.

GOOD LORD! I'm so sorry :( - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
A score of *94* got denied?!

This is beyond agonizing ... why would they pass on a score of 94%?

Okay, new question. What Tier are you guys - with high scores and denied?

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't imagine it makes a lick of difference but you never know.

A good friend of mine believes VERY strongly that ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The entries into the program were predetermined even before the testing began and that a large part of the decision was based on input from the TSM.

Well that is a fascinating thought. - I wish it were so.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a very good relationship with my TSM but my score was not even in the 90s.

I guess we shall see if that is true or not.
Same here - great relationship with my TSM/score not in 90s - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's test this out. I hope it's true.

you guys will drive yourselves - to drink

[ In Reply To ..]
trying to second guess MM's motives. You may have dodged a bullet, who knows?
Haha fair point! - Wish I had some drink. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
:D

It kind of makes sense when you think about it - A test score is not exactly

[ In Reply To ..]
the best way to determine someone's full abilities.

True. Especially when you could google - the entire test for answers.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not really a 100% determination of knowledge in this situation.
It makes no sense - You have a person with a
[ In Reply To ..]
coding certification turned down. That IS a sign of your coding ability. If they told you the test would determine who was accepted, THE TEST should determine who was accepted. Yes, some people used google. Coders research things too. There is no reason to turn someone down with a 94 on the test or a coding certification. It makes NO SENSE.
Valid point. I would have thought the coding certificate - would have been a golden ticket
[ In Reply To ..]
But why are there some of us with way under 94 and no coding who still have not received the rejection letter?

It is just bizarre. There has to be something else going on in the mix.

Maybe that is what MM wants, Someone who knows how - to research. No MT can realistically SM
[ In Reply To ..]
be expected to know enough about A&P to pass a coding test. And seriously, how much training, even with an apprentiship, can MM be expected to give? BUT, someone with excellent research skills, and the ability to lock on the correct research entry, would maybe have a chance.

Espeically, if there are going to be tier levels of coders, such as for MTs. A low level coder (now calm down all you coders, there is no reason why this cannot happen) who has excellent research skills, getting all the colonoscopies and egds, could probably do quite well. The excellent research skills would come into play on those weird things that can show up on even the most routine of reports.

Just a thought. Discuss amoungst yourselves.
Coding is based on A and P so yes, realistically - this is info that needs to
[ In Reply To ..]
be well known and understood. Most coding classes include A&P and some programs let you test out of it and go right to coding. I do agree research skills are important, but a good A&P knowledge baseline is required without having to research everything.
Not really - It is more than that
[ In Reply To ..]
You DO need the Anatomy foundation. You do need to be able to research as well. Something just seems off to me.
I was responding to the post about research - A and P is super important
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you need to know how to research but there is so much more than that. Without A&P you will be lost.

Tier 3 - Oh well.

[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

Tier levels, just a thought - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
When the program was first announced tier 3 was not receiving as many invitations to test. I don't know how many tier 3's ended up with invitations, but T-3 can do all report types. Can you imagine what a problem that could cause if too many T-3's were taken off the schedule for any length of time, it would be chaos. Reports would be out of TAT during most shifts. A T-1 they can do without, a T-2 would be missed, but not like a T-3. It seems logical.
I thought of that too. Not just Tier 3 but MME - I thought might get rejected.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not saying that I am one. I did get to test but am one of the few still left wandering in the desert with no notification either way.

I agree do you really want to pull 60 Tier 3/MMEs off the front line? Probably not.

Just received rejection. Scored 84 - At least now I know.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Geez, are they sending them out 1 at a time?? - Who is the email even from?

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like there is no rhyme or reason to how they rejections are being sent out.

So sorry ... that really stinks. :( - yes at least you know now

[ In Reply To ..]
... and your life can get back to normal again.

Rejected. 92 - not in range of score for consideration - Wait is over.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

is that what the email said? you arent in the range of score - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
wow

Yep. Looks like a blanket form email - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
if that is true I wonder why some of the lower scores - on here didnt get the same email
[ In Reply To ..]
curiouser and curiouser!
No kidding. Why not send a gigantic email - to all under
[ In Reply To ..]
This is nutty.

I am certain I am out because I did not get over 90 and realize at this point, it is simply an issue of disorganization in regards to getting the rejection letters out in an orderly fashion.

Clearly it is based on test scores and apparently a lot of people got at least a 96. Shocking to me, as there were at least 2 questions on the test that were wonky, but I digress.

The email was actually in response to the - orig app email sent to them
[ In Reply To ..]
So definitely not big group email rejection, but individual rejection.
Okay, now that is interesting. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That lends credence to the theory there is more than just the test score at play here.

Why on earth send out individual emails? That sounds like a lot of work.
Probably having some of the people from India - sending them out
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Good Luck
Jan 02, 2015

well our hospital is to be taken over and they will be coming to speak to us individually.  There are four hospitals in this system.  Our hospital will have no transcriptionists going with Nuance. Good luck with some of the doctors, one doctor says he needs new dentures (people have been doing him for 30 years can't understand a coherent sentence) on the bright side he does correct our work cheerfully, must be alotting more money to other things than his dentures. More work for yo ...

Diskwriter Good Luck!
Aug 25, 2014

I see Diskwriter has 2 job openings, straight typing ... at 5.5 cpl.  Are they kidding?  Only 5.5 cpl?  Good luck filling that one. ...

Good Luck Test-takers!
Mar 12, 2014

Good luck to everyone who's gotten the second, third, or whatever number email and been invited to take the test.  I hope everyone comes out of it doing phenomenaly and MM has a hell of a time chosing which of you are the top 60!   Regardless of the bickering and bashing occuring on the board, please keep us all posted on how the process is going.  I for one am not entirely opposed to the program; I'm just frustrated that they weren't forthcoming with a great deal ...

Good Luck Tomorrow Morning For SA5 Area.
Jan 18, 2010

Here I change my hours 1-1/2 years ago to get my primary and secondary and now?  CESSPOOL.  I have had it!!!!!  So if we are running slow tonight, good luck tomorrow morning.  Been this way for practically the last 3 weeks, although it is getting worse!!!  ...

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

Denied!!!
Mar 20, 2014

Good luck to those of you accepted to the program.  I did not make it - my A and P score was too low compared to others (had an 82).  I did think my coding certificate would help make up for my low score.  Best wishes, hope the program is successful.  ...

Help If Your TAA Application Is Denied!!
Jan 11, 2010

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/appeal_rights.cfm ...

Denied Pay For Blanks!
May 26, 2015

I am a very experienced MT who never leaves blanks unless the dictators us just plain undecipherable, which was the case with one ESL idiot who was such a poor dictator I had to leave about 25 blanks.  I struggled with this jerk's utterances (can't call them actual words) for an HOUR, replaying over and over, trying to figure out what he MEANT to say.  I made way under minimum wage on in that hour, and put in a lot of free time to try to get thro ...

MModal TAA Petition Denied.
May 18, 2014

petition number 85182 The last TAA petition ended 3/29/2014. The new petition was denied. :-( ...

UNEMPLOYMENT - ACCEPTED OR DENIED??
Feb 22, 2015

(forgive me for posting this twice, but I am new here and I wanted it at the beginning of Nuance posts but somehow it ended up in the middle of an ongoing discussion - so I am attempting to repost here. )   Does anyone know the answer to this?? Our hospital is going with Nuance. We are being pressured to make a decision by this week as to whether we go with Nuance or accept the unemployment. Here is our question... I hope a few people answer this!!! Do ANY of you know anyone who did not a ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Denied Time Off When They Had Reservations Already In Place?
Dec 02, 2014

Why do they say we can apply for time off 60 days in advance when they are going to wait until the month of to approve it.  I have had these reservations since September, as most people do plan ahead, especially when reservations are needed.  I would just work at the hotel room, but I will need to be traveling during the time I would be working.   I am freaking out, I don't know what to do. ...

Requested Reversal - Denied. Resubmitted
Jun 19, 2015

My TSM was not the one who denied it, it went on up the chain.  I still do not feel it was justified and reopened the ticket.   For some reason I now feel like I will be targeted on the QA circuit for a while.  Can you spell REVENGE? ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck With CCM On This New ASR
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone else complain and actually get a response?  this making of random headings is ridiculous..my CCM just ignores me so I go along on my own..she wont even tell me where to make complaints on this mess to...Wonder how much she gets paid and how can I complain on her..I dont mind that she may be busy but this is getting ridiculous, she darn sure wants to hear from us when she needs something..Cant stand people that are paid, far better then me to supervise me, yet dont even make an attemp ...

12 Days Until Christmas & Still Not Approved Or Denied, Or Answering Emails.
Dec 13, 2012

x ...

Anyone Have Any Luck Getting An IC Job With Transcription.net?nm
May 01, 2010

x ...

Hughes Net - Any Luck?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, does anyone have a luck with Hughes Net?  Good or bad, let me know.  I am considering moving where it is my only option.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Anyone Having Any Luck Finding A Job Right Now Or Is It
Dec 02, 2013

actually getting worse than before.  I have a lot of experience and can do ESLs very well.  ...

Just My Luck. Trying To Finish WebmedX Ap
Jul 14, 2010

All I have left is the resume part and now I can't get back to the page. I keep getting an HTTP 500 error that says Website cannot display. Just killing some time, thought I'd gripe for a minute. Thanks ...

Well Ladies And Gents, Wish Me Luck
Jan 19, 2014

I have had it with this company.  I don't have another job to go to definitely but I have decided this is my last week with this one.  I am quitting this coming week but haven't decided quite yet how to do it.  Last week I hurt so bad I couldn't walk without a cane and my neck wouldn't turn, I cried all week and was seriously thinking of suicide,  so Saturday night I just decided heck with this I'll find something I always do, and when I woke up ...

Has Anyone Had Any Luck Posting Their Resume
Dec 02, 2014

anywhere in pursuit of a good job?  I am mainly looking for editing after doing this 25+ years.  ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Well.,...score Below 98 .
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they ex ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...