A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well.,...score below 98 . - nn

Posted: Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they expect us to be perfect when their speech engine is so far off?  Expect perfection from us, expect perfection from your programs too.

I am just grumpy, wondering if they will terminate me, warn me, put me on performance evaluation or what.  Have NEVER had scores below 98 or 99 before. 

I hate, hate, hate, this company but... love accounts and my shift.

"Some of these errors are errors" - REALLY??? sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding??? If the SR has the word "if" and the dictator clearly said "of," then that's an error you need to have caught. None of this laziness of "it's just a typo." That's what you're hired to do, correct SR errors. If you cant or dont want to do it, then get out of it.

You seem to be using the word "typo" as an excuse to not be marked down for your own error - which is failure to correct the discrepancies between SR and what was actually dictated. Yes, it's a small error, but an error nonetheless.

REALLY - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Typos and MAJOR ERRORS. There is a difference. Not asking for sympathy or sarcasm. Not a lot of compassion on this board is there?

If...of is not a major error and should not be graded as such - It is a minor error at the most

[ In Reply To ..]
I can tell you that the woman who QAs at my job, which is not Nuance, would have caught the error and depending on the context of the sentence, it may count as a minor error which would be .25 off. Now if that's a short report it has more impact, but it still wouldn't take the score below 99. That's what is so egregious about what Nuance is doing - marking these things as critical errors and weighting them as such when they're not.

It's not about whether it's an error or not, it's about....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
how they score those "errors", even the "typo" errors. It's about how they score the fact that the stupid damn sentence reads correctly with OR without the word "a" in it. It's about how they pick the reports with the least amount of lines and pull them apart with overboard minor deductions, thus causing the accuracy score to fall WAY below what it actually is in all reality.

Prime example: My post-audit accuracy score is 97.6% and my QC review score is 99.5%. I have fewer than 2400 lines total scored for QA post-audit and more than 12,000 lines total scored for my QC review.

I have no problem owning up to errors made, but I do have a problem with the underhanded tactics that Nuance uses with post-audit reviews just to drop our accuracy scores low enough so that we don't qualify for any bonus for an entire quarter. I might have many days of excellent reports throughout an entire quarter and qualify for a bonus based on those reports/days, but Nuance has fixed it so that the prior quarter's score stays put for the next quarter and disqualifies the MLS for any incentive bonus based on the current week/pay period lines and accuracy. Now, how in the world is that fair to the MLS who is busting tail to improve the accuracy score, yet at the same time aren't being allowed the incentive bonus that SHOULD be based on the current pay week/pay period?

Their whole scoring system is nothing but a smoke screen to keep them from having to pay us anything "extra" out of their healthy, wealthy pockets.

So, it's not about whether a typo is an error or not. It's about what they deem the "score" of that error should be.

You say we need to stop using the word "typo" as an excuse to not be marked down for our own errors. Well, Nuance needs to wake up and fix their crappy SR quality and respectfully pay a decent wage to the MLS who is diligent in correcting their crappy software "errors" and stop taking away our dignity and self-esteem by "grading" us on the very same things they told us "not to worry about" when we were first being trained for our particular platforms and SR, like the words "a", "and", and "the" and other small errors that do not affect patient care and are definitely NOT critical or major in any way, shape, or form.

I believe that they actually audit more reports than they show - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and just report out the ones they can score the highest on to bring your error percentage up. They showed audits on less than 0.01% of my reports for the past quarter.

The real issue behind all this is - wage theft

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are one of the myriad of Nuance MTs who had the misfortune to become their involuntary employee due to your prior MTSO being bought by them, you probably have a similar history to mine. That is, in a few years my income has halved and now I find myself not only having to put up and make do with that fact, but even losing more money by losing the "bonus." How is it a bonus when in reality even with the bonus I still make half my previous salary? And when I lose that "bonus," FOR 3 MONTHS (why 3 months, pray tell?), and I come perilously close to minimum wage, how is that fair?

Anyone have the details on how you get the production bonus? And if not, why not? Why is it not in plain sight, something that can make quite a difference in our pay. I have gone through the employee manual and the ADP site and no mention is made, just the QA bonus. We should not be having to jump through hoops just to find out what we are entitled to with the production bonus and how to get it. If anyone can tell me (an objective source, not because you emailed your supervisor), please do so. By law I believe that is required, but what the heck, we're only MTs so I guess they don't worry about that.

Anyone whose MTSO is in the process of being eaten by Nuance, just to let you know if I had it to do over again I would definitely see if I could get UE rather than submit to their reign of terror. What they have done to us is disgusting and had I known this would happen I would have fought to get UE and tried to get a position with a decent company or outside of MT. They have systematically and incrementally taken every possible dollar off us. If you want proof this will happen I could show you my income tax returns as proof and maybe you could then qualify for UE. It is criminal that the bought-out companies are allowed to act as though your job will be the same, give you a little top-up to your income for a few months, and then boom! here's the real story - which is your pay is cut and you must bow to the God of FIESA and compete with QAs trying to get bonuses off your mistakes!

The saddest thing of all is that I actually like ISR, am good at it, and I even like the platform - not as much as my previous MTSO, but enough. I should be an employee who they value immensely, not someone they are paying at the same level as a newbie and trying their best to cut even further.

And all you holy pew hens who maintain that we are being paid to be perfect and to accept our mistakes and suck it up, please unless you know what it is like to go from $50,000 to $25,000 in a few years and fight for even that, and unless you actually really NEED the salary (not rely on your DH and provider's income and benefits and you are just doing it for fun), try to imagine what that is like and don't fault people for trying their best to up their income. I have to say if I do get the bonus taken off me, which I think I will (they have been out in force this last month of the quarter), I will simply have to up my lph to try to make up the difference. Strangely, going faster does not necessarily mean I make more mistakes, but I would rather take more care. I won't have a choice if they take the stupid "bonus" away.

God knows Nuance have taken every shortcut imaginable to cut every bit of our pay and working conditions as possible, so why don't you pick on the big guys for a change? You really should not judge people unless you walk a mile in their shoes.
The real issue... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Excellent post---you hit the proverbial nail on the head! (''holy pew hens''---accurate description. LOL!)
"Pew hens" is someone else's - excellent creation
[ In Reply To ..]
Link to previous thread below. I thought it was an excellent moniker for those holier-than-thou perfect beings who come on here only to shame us - we are supposed to never make any mistakes, and must accept our deserved punishment when we do.

The pew hens never ever explain how, now that the MTSO's are so obsessed with cutting THEIR bottom lines, WE are supposed to deal with OUR quickly shrinking bottom lines, and to at least acknowledge the way the pay is taken off us is unfair would be a nice change.

Frankly, no one wants to make mistakes and we all own up to ours, but I would dearly like to know how many in fact make the production "bonus," what percentage, and if it is under half or one quarter, well then that's just a sham, isn't it? Again, if anyone can find anything about this bonus anywhere we can access it I would like to know.

Well.,...score below 98 - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, don't worry, evidently we are all a bunch of incompetent idiots now? I have always wondered.... once the people in Pakistan can take over completely, eliminating the need for us at all, they can use all of the FIESA reports to show how they were justified in letting us all go. Every day I cringe when I look at my emails, waiting to see how many mistakes I made, 1 point or 3? Yesterday it was the word bilaterally. Lungs were clear, I missed the word bilaterally. Actually in fact we are not making a transcription mistake, we didn't type it, we just didn't catch THEIR mistake. I feel like someone threw 200 pennies on the floor and they all have to be heads up and if we miss flipping over just one penny, we are horrid. They took away our money, now pick us to death because we can't make their crappy system look good. The stress they cause us is NOT deserved.

ignore - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I too dread to look at my email in the morning as I am sure I will have been picked apart for everything. I have no problem owning up to "errors", but they are just in it to bring our percentage down. I have had to take a second job because of how little I make with them and my second job is with another company (not MModal) and I am always above 99%. I think it is remarkable the discrepancy in the QA. I type no different for my second company and in fact have way harder dictators then on Nuance but yet my accuracy is always high. Just goes to show you that Nuance is overboard in their QA and only want to bully us around in my opinion. I need the job and is the only reason that I am still with them and put up with the stuff.

SR does play a part - Typing as fast as I can....

[ In Reply To ..]
Although we are responsible for even the little "if's" and "of's" of every report, the SR program does play a big part in errors. I have noticed a steady decline myself in the accuracy of this program and find that I am spending way more time than I should correcting silly SR errors. Some of the words it types aren't even close to what is dictated. Other times, it will capitalize a whole section of medications that sometimes is quite lengthy.

Because of the extra time spent on correcting these errors, I must move faster and faster to keep up with my minimum line count and to make a decent wage.

Bottom line, we are all working way faster than we should be for accuracy. They crack that whip and make us work faster and faster, while giving us a bad SR program and then wonder why we make more errors than they would like to see.

Re the issue with the paragraph - being capitalized

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you find that if you change it all to lower case and correct the para as you go that red box thing comes on and then you can't move around the document after that?

When I have a para like that I end up putting in something to remind me like asdf;j; (so the spell check will catch the mistake) and not fix it until the end, otherwise the Alt-R doesn't seem to work anymore and you lose the facility to move around the report. Hate when that happens in a big report.

If anyone can tell me what they do so that red box/not being able to move around thing doesn't happen, or a fix for it, much obliged!

VR - Zombie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wanted to share a tid bit that I found on the Nuance site, if you haven't seen it already. Sorry it's a lot to read, but I wanted to post this fully rather than just the link.

Examples
When a clinician dictates:
"Exam...vital signs...two twelve...eighty eight and regular...thirteen...BP one forty one hundred and one thirty five ninety five"

Dragon Medical 360 | eScription speech recognition can output:
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: VITAL SIGNS: Weight 212, pulse 88 and regular, respiration 13, blood pressure is 140/100, 135/95.

When a provider says:
"The following problems were reviewed...hypertension...please enter my hypertension template...use my normal cad"

Dragon Medical 360 | eScription speech recognition can output:
PROBLEMS: The following problems were reviewed:

Hypertension: No headache, visual disturbance, chest pain, palpitation, focal neurologic complaint, dyspnea, edema, claudication, or complaint from current medication.
Coronary artery disease: No chest pain, dyspnea, PND, orthopnea, palpitation, weakness, syncope, or obvious problems related to medications.

Seems like they forgot to mention that the VR program doesn't "output" perfectly on its own...

Similar Messages:

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Apgar Score
Feb 25, 2010

I am CONTINUALLY getting flack about APGAR.  If I put Apgar, I get it back corrected as APGAR.  If I put APGAR, I get it back corrected as Apgar.  If I put Apgar's, comes back Apgars.  If I put Apgar's it comes back Apgars... I have my Dorland's dictionary, and it has Apgar, A capitalized, pgar lower case, but in my abbreviation guide it's all caps (APGAR). Does anyone have anything different OR perhaps a solution?  ...

Reicker's Score?
Jun 22, 2012

Acute alcohol withdrawal - patient with "Reicker's score" of 4.  Thanks! ...

Milumbut Score
Oct 03, 2012

In  neck examination - milambut score is 4 ?? Thanks! ...

QA Score Requirement?
Jan 08, 2013

What is the QA score requirement?  I thought it was 99%.  I had three audits today that scored 99.75% and was told that if I proofread the jobs better before I sent them I would catch these small mistakes (one per job).  Are we supposed to get 100% now?  Just curious.  TIA! ...

Low Score On FIESA
May 09, 2013

My FIESA scores are VERY low this quarter with a lot of points being taken off for errors. Has anyone been in a situation where at the end of the quarter they had a score that was below 98% and what happened? Is that instant termination? This is astonishing to me as I will be here for 4 years and never have had low scores ever and have never been in this predicament before. Thank you for any replies. ...

FIESA Score
Jul 01, 2013

Anyone else here get below 98% accuracy for April through June? It's July 1st now and the beginning of a new quarter for us all. I got below 98%, received 96% to 97% score. Am I going to be fired or what? NEVER had scores this low before ever! ...

CHAD Score
Jul 06, 2013

CHAD VASC score of 1?   How do you transcribe this phrase?   ...

QA And Calculation Of Score
Jul 25, 2013

I had 0.5 points deducted on a report for invalid blanks, no other errors, yet my score in FIESA was 98.08%.   Does anyone know how these scores are calculated?  Seems to me that 100-0.5=99.5.  So, either my math is really bad or FIESA is hosing us!  I emailed my TSM about is and as usual got no response.  Thanks! ...

Score Just Keeps Dropping
Aug 21, 2013

No matter how hard I try these days I cannot get my accuracy back to what it has been for years. I always maintained 99% or higher, mostly always right at 100% but now I cannot even get to 98% with everyone they keep marking me off for.  It has gotten ridiculous.  I have never ever had this many reports audited and marked for not having an s at the end of a word.  So disheartening when I feel I am doing so good.  Been at this for a very long time and never had anything like t ...

Mallampati Score
Aug 30, 2013

When transcribing the Mallampati score is it Class IV or class IV.. is the C capitalized or not?  Thank you!! ...

Fiesa Score Below 98
Dec 01, 2013

Got a couple of bad audits and score is down, down, down.  Not had this happen before.  They gonna come down on me now or wait until after December statistics are added in? Kind of nervous.  ...

TTS - Anyone Have Their Score Go Below The 98% On One Audit
Jan 19, 2014

Anyone have their score go below the 98% on one audit?  What normally happens?  First one that I have gotten.  No serious critical errors, mostly ESL physicians where I missed something or heard a different word then what apparently what was dictated.  Only 1 major error, rest small ones.  ...

QA Passing Score For MM
Jun 14, 2014

Hi, can anyone tell me the audit passing score for MM staff?  ...

S/l Bracken Score
Jun 27, 2014

born via induced vaginal delivery due to s/l Braken low score ...

Seems My Score Went From 99.7 To 98.6 As Of Today. Sm
Dec 13, 2014

As soon as I am fully trained and able to work as much as I like on my new job, I am outta here!  I'm going to make sure I use my PTO before I go too.    I am finding it so hard to work today.  I am finding that I am getting a lot of dictators I have never seen before and facilities I've never done before, thus putting me on full QA for those.  ...

Figuring Out QA Score
Jan 02, 2015

Did you get the hoops we have to jump through now to figure out your QA score.  Can't just put in the pay date range and go by that because they are auditing reports outside the pay range, either before or after.  Then you might manage to get 2 reports audited within the pay range, after you jump through hoops and figure it out yourself.  So, what you think you are getting, when it shows up in webclock, it is way less than what you figured out in Fiesa.  This is TOTAL BS ...

NOW I Understand Why US MTs Must Score
Mar 08, 2015

If US MTs are 30% of MMs global employees and ILPs are 70% of MMs global employees,  If US MTs average 99.5% QA and ILPs average 85% QA, MMs overall average is 90%. ...

Test Score Questions
Apr 09, 2010

Because I saw several recent postings about test scores, I decided to ask a question. My question may seem strange but it's because the experience with the school I attended was strange.  I hope and pray I never go through another nightmare like what I just experienced. This is for anyone who tested recently or for the experienced MTs who remember their final exam.  Did your school tell you upfront what the requirement would be for passing your final?   Was it a combinat ...

... DASH Scale Score
May 30, 2011

Data and Tests: Alca measurement tools... DASH scale results and score is 72. This is a physical therapy form. I appreciate the help. ...

Framingham Risk Score And ....
Aug 08, 2011

Framingham Risk Assessment is 5%.  Leak? criteria for risk regarding non-cardiac surgery is low at 0.9%.  Leak????  Hmmm....can't hear him.  HELP!! ...

What Is The Score You Need To Get For Hire At M-MODAL
Feb 13, 2012

Hi.  I just took a test for M-MODAL and scored 93/91 for the radiology exam. Does anyone know what is the score you need to get for hire at M-MODAL.  Thanks. ...

FIESA Score - Month Of May 98% -
May 24, 2012

OMG - I'm sick to death of this place.  I just checked my score for May - 98%.  10 days of A, 5 days C - no B's (NEVER have a "B" - it's just A or C - weird) Marked off for leaving off "an" for 1 thing.  So......what happens if I can't stay at 99%-100%????   I'm not new at this, but I sure am struggling with it.  ...