A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Coding board post - says MM disbanded

Posted: Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised?

It might be worth it to pursue it on your own. - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought coding was saturated but I've been seeing ads and a TON of work at home through Indeed.com. I think I coped and pasted some of the ads in a folder.

I saw an ad for 2 different coding positions, like II and III, on a big-name hospital website and depending on the state you lived in the range for a coder was 23 to 34 dollars an hour. that's a ball park, it may have gone higher. The low end sounds good to me.

I also saw an ad from Indeed.com for a lab coder didn't have to be certified, yet, but had to have official training like a college or technical school and I believe they may have said preferred, some coding ad said that anyway - I've looked at a lot of ads lately.

Anyway, you had to get your license in a time period. but could start now with just the training. They didn't say what they would start you out at. they were looking for a unit secretary or secretary or assistant or clerk to run req slips, check accuracy, and do some transcription and a couple of other duties . This is St. John in Tulsa. i think it's RML laboratory and they are all over with transcription centralized, I think.

It would probably be a good idea - for some of the younger MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm retiring next year and am gonna sit in the sun & not think about MMoral for as long as possible

Currently Hold RHIT - There is no work in coding

[ In Reply To ..]
As with transcription, this also is being off-shored or centralized to one location within the respective corporations. Unless you live in a large city, you will not find work. Most smaller hospitals don't have this department anymore. My local community college just stopped offering this course because of this. Another waste of time and money. Don't bother and save yourself a lot of money.

RHIT has nothing to do with coding unless you have - specific coding certifications also

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably why you can't find a job? Anyway when and if ICD10 is implemented jobs will be abundant for qualified CERTIFIED coders.
RHIT is the certified position. - Still no work
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you need to recheck this. It is the technician certification.
Apparently you are not certified if you went - through MModal.
[ In Reply To ..]
RHIT is the 2 year degree received through college. You must not be certified through AHIMA. I am. You have been given incorrect information. Also, they have been trying to implement ICD10 since 2000. I know. That is how long I have been certified.
Correct. AHIMA is the certification board for coders - Hospital Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Any training you get through MModal is not a certificed position and will not carry over to the hospital position. You must be certified through AHIMA. MModal is a joke and they are lying to you. RHIT is 1 of the certifications they offer. You have the wrong info. Don't believe what MModal is telling you. You are not certified through MMdoal.
Where has anyone said they were certified through MModal? - You didnt hear that from an HDS2Coder student
[ In Reply To ..]
We all are well aware we have to get certification through an outside testing facility. It's in our contract.
No One said they were certified through MModal - Hospital Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Person above stated RHIT meant nothing unless certified. RHIT is the certification. Your training through MModal is a waste of time and a joke. Another way for them to rip off hospitals and cheat you out of hard-earned money.

Just like every other half-butted idea - MM has had.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think many of this thought this was a waste from the start (and NO we were not jealous for not being chosen). Welcome back to all those snotty would-be MM coders.

We warned them that would happen and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that it was probably all a ploy for the bankruptcy situation, though they chose not to believe us and called us a few names... I would have been in total shock if it had all gone as they promised frankly.

Yep, same here. Been warning about outsourcing, - & been called an uneducated fool.

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think I'm THAT much of a fool, however, as "a fool and his money are soon parted." I hung onto my money and didn't gamble it on coding.

hey no complaints here, I got paid to learn, only had to type 20 hours - a week and got a bonus

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure I see a downside.

The downside I see is that you're still an MT, - your training at M*M wont - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
get you a job without still going to a respected school's coding course, and M*M is apparently abandoning their plans to do coding.
I dont see that as a downside. I love my accounts, HDSM is nice - TSA is accommodating
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you hate it here so much you are projecting onto the coding students.
MModal just appointed a VP for coding ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
So obviously they are going to continue with coding.
exactly. - Haters gonna hate.
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Sometimes This Board Will Not Let Me Post Anywhere.
Feb 20, 2010

No matter how carefully I type the "code" to prove I'm a real person or whatever, it just keeps asking me to type it again and again, and won't accept it.  ...

Job Board Post
Jun 05, 2010

anyone know who posted the mental health position on the job board?? ...

The Last Post On This Board Is From 12/19
Dec 26, 2010

How do you get to the rest of the posts from Dec? ...

The Post On The Job Seekers Board Just Might
Oct 26, 2011

have been taken seriously had they spelled Accutrans correctly! ...

MModal Has A Job Post On Another Job Board
Jan 10, 2013

The ad says pay per report but it does not say it is radiology. It says acute care exp so what is up with that? ...

My Post On Job Wanted Board
Mar 19, 2013

I posted on the Job Wanted Board. This morning I received an E-mail from "Ravindran" which said the following: i can help u, contact me. This smells fishy to me, and replied that the response was "very unprofessional". India, maybe? ...

Post On Job Seeker's Board
Aug 08, 2014

Be careful of responding to the post by Mike Witkowski - a few years back he pulled this same type of thing with needing transcriptionists "right away" - the whole process was very shady and then he tells you that you don't meet his "requirements" after you transcribe a test.....just a head's up. ...

Very Disturbing Post On The Board.
Dec 06, 2014

As you can see, I have pasted a post below that needs clarification from someone, owners of this board, I suspect.  The subject of how is above my pay grade.  My point in posting, however, is that none of us should be fearful that Nuance stooges are watching or even that they might be able to "ping" to see who posted.  We have a right to express our opinion in the land of free speech.  If anyone of us faces by whatever means any retalitatory action, then I'll be the fir ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Pain Management Post On Job Board
May 06, 2010

just want to know what's up with that job post on the job board.  I've sent my resume twice and came back as undeliverable.  I got so excited because I have experience with PMs.  Now I'm disappointed.  Any thoughts?- tx, nw ...

This Board Is Becoming Increasingly Unpleasant To Post On
Jun 04, 2014

And that's sad, because from what I can see, it's one of the few active medical coding boards on the Internet. There is a person or a few people on this board (I've been reading here for a long time) that almost always find a way to insult and talk down to posters, no matter what the situation. You can tell that it's the same person/people because they have the same posting style. It's to the point where I cringe every that that poster/posters answer my questions because ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

BEFORE YOU POST: Use The Correct Board - List Is On The Left. NM
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

I Found This Very Interesting Post On The MModal Board...sm
Dec 12, 2012

and thought it would be of interest to all MTs. This filing is incredibly long, but the most - interesting read concerning Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 - 8:44 am In Reply to: Found this statement in the SEC filings. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??M-Modal I have read including many eye-opening facts about the offshore component of business. I didn't know that M-Modal uses "cloud" technology. "Speech recognition and natural language understanding technologies, including our own, ar ...

See Post On Main Board About EPIC Clientele.
Mar 02, 2014

This is quite the eye opener and may explain why a lot of us are running out of work. Part of the problem is the complete mismanagement by TSMs and COMs, but the overall issue may be that EPIC is growing by leaps and bounds. It does not bode well for us MLSs. ...

Wage Theft, Post On Main Board.
Sep 02, 2014

I read with interest the article contained in the post on the main board because it occurred to me that this is the only industry I know where as an employee, for most companies today, Nuance not excepted, you accept a job and then you, the employee, provide your own equipment, you pay the expense to have your computer repaired and when it is down you are not paid for the downtime, you pay your ISP internet charges (which can be costly if you are running extra turbo charged service to meet minim ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Why Does The Post On The Job Seeker's Board For Advanced Transcription Keep Disappearing?
Jan 09, 2011

It has been there twice this evening and both times it has disappeared.  Does anyone have any recent information about this company?  It is the one out of New Jersey.   TIA ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Beware Of Post By Jessica Miller On Job Board. It Shows
Mar 11, 2013

Transcriptionwave and states is a US company, but email link takes you to Transcriptionlive and has a calculator for transcription 40% "lesser" than US.  ...

Snowbunny (the Original) - Did You Post On The Job Seekers Board Recently? It's Gone.
Jun 06, 2013

. ...

Coding Board Gone Wild!
Mar 23, 2014

While I am enjoying all of the new posts on this board, I have to admit it's a lot to read/take in! As a recent coding grad who passed both the CCS and CPC, I just want to say good luck to all the new posters in your coding studies. It won't be easy, but you can do it! ...

To The Coding Student Who Deleted Her Post
Sep 01, 2013

This board is not quiet because the coders are working.  It is quiet because coders can't post here.   This board has a problem with a small number of people, apparently not coders, who have a problem with any and all positive postings.  The description below that they jump on the posts like a pack of hyenas was very apt.  They attack the OP and all responses until they derail the thread and either get it deleted or obstruct the original discussion.  This has prett ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Coding - From The Horse's Mouth To This Board
Nov 10, 2011

I just spoke with a young woman named Bailey at the AAPC.  AAPC only does outpatient coding certification, not inpatient.  Inpatient is obtained through AHIMA.  CPC requires 2 years of experience.  CPC exam can be taken without the 2 years of experience but will have an apprentice designation on your credential, CPC-A.  The apprentice would be dropped after 2 years of experience.   AHIMA's requirements are much different:  Certified Coding Associate (CCA ...

To The M*Modal Newbies On The Coding Board
Mar 23, 2014

on this board pointed out to me that I misspoke.  AHIMA does not approve coding courses.  What I meant to say was that, to take the CCS you must submit an application, which must be approved by AHIMA before you can sit for the test.  If you do not have the required two years of experience, or a professional certification and a year's experience, you can still sit for the exam if your coding program fulfills the requirements of A&P, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medi ...

On Second Thought, Maybe We Need Our Old Coding Board Back
Apr 03, 2014

This is merely my opinion, but maybe we could have the original Coding/Medical Billing board back and another board for the MM coding trainees. I used to come here and get some great information/advice about coding. These days, if I want to find any useful information, I have to wade through way too many negative posts. Don't get me wrong, I wish the new coding students the absolute best of luck. I guess I just miss the old board. Oh and let the dislikes and negativity begin, I'm getti ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

Where Is The "I Am So Broke" Post? Seems The Board Is Trying
Sep 19, 2010

Hmmmm ...