A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To the coding student who deleted her post - Sorry you did that

Posted: Sep 01, 2013

This board is not quiet because the coders are working.  It is quiet because coders can't post here.  

This board has a problem with a small number of people, apparently not coders, who have a problem with any and all positive postings.  The description below that they jump on the posts like a pack of hyenas was very apt.  They attack the OP and all responses until they derail the thread and either get it deleted or obstruct the original discussion.  This has pretty much driven the coders away.

By deleting your post, you have deleted the entire thread. When your post disappears, everything else disappears with it.  It will look like nothing ever happened.  Which is exactly what they wanted.

This seems to be a deliberate denial-of-use attack campaign.  I do not understand why the moderator tolerates this.  

This bears repeating... - thanks to Anonymous!

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I do not understand this "us against them" mentality. Believe me, any person's job can be here today, gone tomorrow and that includes anyone working in coding or HIM. I have seen a great deal of arrogance from the coders here. Why anyone would gloat over someone else's misfortune is a mystery to me. If it can happen with nursing and radiology, it can happen with coding too. Pride goes before a fall, ladies - if health care falls through the floor economically, trust me, coders will not be the only ones left standing. There are legitimate concerns here from new coders who genuinely cannot find work without experience but have been told that is impossible. There are also people who have legitimately mentioned outsourcing and offshoring and were also told that was impossible. Yes there are other opportunities for coders and good earning potential, but generally not for years of experience, which is another misconception that needs to be addressed. I am not actively working as a coder so I know nothing, but I cannot help sharing my thoughts. I work overtime too. People who don't code are also hard working and conscientious. Today is Saturday, so I doubt that very few of you are working today. Get over yourselves, you are no more special than the next person out there.

I wonder - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If we shouldn't start our own forum? There's not too many out there. Would any of the coders here be interested in visiting a coding forum in conjunction with this one?

I would - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be interested. I visit here solely to provide advice on routes out of MT. Happy to do that elsewhere.

For sure. This is - MT Stars not Coding Stars.

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let the door hit ya...
This is the Coding/Medical Billing board - Reported this to the moderator
[ In Reply To ..]
I reported this post to the moderator. It seems intended to deny use of the board to the individuals for whom the board was intended.

I would.. - MTSlave

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be nice to have a conversation with coders without it constantly turning ugly every time.

To those who said yes - the one with the idea

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you adverse to registering on a site? I know a lot of people come here because you can be anonymous... most of the places I've looked at so far have registration requirements. It would still be a free site though. I can accept emails, too, if you think that's a better way of discussing this.

Not averse to registering - Nonanonymous. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL! Somebody already disliked this post!

I think that just goes to show that the nastiness here is without purpose -- it's just pointlessly oppositional behavior.

(There. Now you have something to "dislike.")

Registering - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, most forums require registration. However, in any forum, people are going to disagree or say things that others may want to hear, I am not sure how you are going to control that. I wasn't aware that a person had to be a coder to participate in discussions in the coding/medical billing forum on MT Stars. I am the person who posted in regard to having trouble finding a coding job as a newbie. Instead of offering suggestions as to what I might do differently or offering support in any way, people came back and said it was my fault. I also stated things that are true about the facility where I work, and was also basically told that I could not possibly work in such a place. For those of you who are currently students and seem to think you are "all that", I wish you well, your heads will become deflated soon enough when you leave school and being your job search. White some time ago, I saw the coding board as a place where people could come with difficult coding scenarios to receive help, or even present coding problems for new students to solve. All I have seen lately is one group trying to show that they are somehow superior to the other because they have jobs and nothing (yet) has had a negative impact on their profession. What is the "this" that you have a better way of discussing? If we (and that includes MTs) want to be regarded as professionals, we need to start behaving in a professional manner and treat others as we would like to be treated.
It starts with self - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I read was was posted to you... you took the defensive route. As far as treating others like we want to be treated, you might want to look in a mirror.
Self reflection - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Once again, this discussion was turned back to me. Instead of addressing my other points, YOU chose to focus on the negative. I am not talking about recent discussions, but here are some of the things that people have said about me in the past:

"She can't find a job because she isn't trying." (Not true)

"No one wants to hire you because of your attitude." (Very subjective and also not true).

Then of course, the one about "You work in a rural hospital and therefore know nothing." (Totally wrong - for one thing, I don't work in a hospital at all.)

"You are not working as a coder and therefore are not worthy to participate in these discussions."
Practice what you preach.
You brought yourself into it in your first post!! - just stop already. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Just to point something out - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Those things were not said that way. This has been pointed out before.

I agree that you added yourself into the discussion. It had nothing to do with you until you brought up the subject of yourself.

No problem here - MTSlave

[ In Reply To ..]
I think being anon promotes some of the nastiness you see on this site.

I would register on a site - coding student

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just finishing up Andrews coding and would be glad to register. I have stayed away from this site due to the anger! But I love your posts coder and DO always read them. I am not sure why there is so much anger, we all are trying to learn and do our best. It is a tough job market right now for everyone!

Similar Messages:

Why Was The EnigmaAJ Post Deleted?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Student Doing A Paper On Coding - Help
Apr 09, 2011

Hi all. I am doing a career exploration paper on medical coding. I need some interesting facts about medical coding. Can anyone explain how the ICD came about? Any other interesting facts would be appreciated! ...

Coding Student, Freaking Out
Sep 12, 2013

I am a new coding student -- having taken three classes so far.  I was understanding everything, I thought, pretty well, and while I was not always able to get the right code, I always knew what I had done wrong.  But now V codes.  I can't find anything.   I don't even know what words to look up.   I feel like I'm lost.  Will this get easier?  I'm getting so discouraged.    ...

New Coding Student - Confused!!
May 30, 2015

I just started medical coding school. I'm just feeling like this is so much information to know, how am I going to remember all of this and be accurate? I REALLY want this as a career & dont want to fail. Do most coding students feel this way? Does it take some time for things to "click"? I'm just feeling overwhelmed and it's concerning. I hope I'm just overthinking this. Any reassurance would really be helpful. ...

Future Coding Student...question About College
Jul 12, 2013

Ok, so I thought I had made up my mind on attending Andrews, but there is a certificate course offered by a local college.  This is not a community college but Kent State University.  Now I am wondering, should I try to go through their course to earn actual college credits that will be transferrable to a degree someday or go through Andrews where I know for sure they will prepare me for the coding certifications??  HELP!!! ...

Is It Necessary To Go In Debt With Student Loans To Adequately Learn Coding?
May 19, 2010

I know that all schools are not created equal, but What I really want to know is how these three schools really rank in the eyes of an experienced coder or someone who has been involved in any of these programs Career Step A college or university with credits and an AA degree AHIMA Do you think Career step is equal to AHIMA as far as learning? ...

Coding Board Post
Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised? ...

Deleted.
Sep 30, 2010

Deleted. ...

How I Got Out - DELETED
Jul 08, 2012

Sorry kids, but a couple of bad apples have spoiled it for everyone. ...

Deleted
Dec 12, 2014

deleted ...

Posts Deleted.
Jan 19, 2011

I do not post that often; but lately I have noticed that anything I post disappears. What is happening. Could I be banned? ...

Two Posts Now Deleted
May 24, 2012

Whatever company you work for, aside from this board, you need to let everyone know what is going on in this industry.  However you do that, write, phone calls, email, lawsuits, twitter, facebook.   Get the word out about what goes on at your company, in this industry, and how it has affected you.  ...

Why Have So Many Posts Been Deleted?
Nov 22, 2014

There were recently a few posts that I was interested in and all followed posting guidelines and all comments also followed guidelines, and now they have been deleted.  A couple of these posts contained information about a certain MTSO.  I am starting to suspect that certain MTSOs get preferential treatment and/or they are friends with this site owner or moderator, or possibly the moderator is part of this company. This same situation has occurred previously.  Hence, if this does ...

Where's Anil? Deleted?
Feb 07, 2015

hmm.... ...

Union Message Looks Like Deleted
Oct 14, 2009

I guess I could just rest on my laurels (whatever those are) and let it be but must complain, yes complain, about the totao lack of concern for those of us who have had our pay cut 1/2 to 2/3 of what it used to be. We absolutely need someone to represent us. ...

Why Are The Laptop Discussions Always Being Deleted?
May 16, 2011

nm ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

Clicking On MQ Mail And Finding It Deleted?
Mar 07, 2011

Has any been having this issue in the last 2 weeks or so?  Click on MQ and getting a message that that message has been deleted??? ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Deleted A File In Express Scribe By Mistake.
Nov 21, 2011

I deleted a file yesterday, and need to get it back if I can.  Is there any way I can recover it?   ...

Can Someone Tell Me How To Get The ADT Info To Show Up On The Typing Screen. I Deleted It Somehow.
Mar 16, 2015

nm ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Student/ New Mt
Nov 28, 2009

I am currently a student and will be finished with my studies in a few weeks.  I really need some information on the software I will need in addition to MS Word/ Works and what pedal to get.  I also need direction on getting working as soon as possible.  Part time from home is what I really need as I am currently working a 40+ an hour job until I can go to full time transcribing.  Any information that would get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. ...

EX VLC Student
Dec 29, 2009

Has anyone heard about what VLC has done to its students??? We have all been scammed!! Are there any of us out there? I saw a posting that said we could talk and post here.   Thanks ...

Student MTs???
Oct 01, 2010

Should student MTs be asking for word help in this forum? Is that a big no-no? Trying not to step on toes... ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Student With Many Questions
Jan 19, 2010

I am a student who really wants to go back to work!  I only have one more class and then I'm done with my transcription certificate but I'm having a hard time wanting to go back and finish my medical secretary diploma.  I'm also having a hard time trying to find an internship here in poe-dunk Iowa.  I just want someone else's opinion!  Can someone give me an idea??? ...

MT Student Needs Advice
Mar 10, 2010

My name is Chelsea and I am enrolled in the MT program at Allied Schools. I have been practicing transcription for about 3 weeks now and it is kicking my butt! I am freaking out and I just don't know what to do.. Any advice??  I feel like such a failure and I could really use any advice that ya'll have to offer.   Thanks! ...

Student Doctors!
Nov 04, 2010

Why, oh why, oh why can't the students hit the PAUSE button when they are dictating to gather their thoughts?  Why must I sit through listening to page turning, and "thinking" noises?  Meanwhile, time is money in this job ... and I really am getting tired of this!  My main account is a large teaching hospital, and so I get alot of students, residents, fellows ... etc.  <grrrrrrrrr> OK .. I feel better now that I just vented!  :) ...