A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On second thought, maybe we need our old coding board back - Too much negativity here now

Posted: Apr 03, 2014

This is merely my opinion, but maybe we could have the original Coding/Medical Billing board back and another board for the MM coding trainees. I used to come here and get some great information/advice about coding. These days, if I want to find any useful information, I have to wade through way too many negative posts. Don't get me wrong, I wish the new coding students the absolute best of luck. I guess I just miss the old board. Oh and let the dislikes and negativity begin, I'm getting used to it here.

Anyway, good luck MM coding students. As a recent coding grad, I really do mean it.

Can't say I blame you. It is pretty ridiculous. - trainee V1.04

[ In Reply To ..]

I will leave you with this.

Just know I for one never meant for it to be that - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
we are not allowed to post on the MModal board about the program and were forced over here. I think some unsavory characters followed us over here :(

I think so too, East - It is not your fault

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish you guys the best.

East MT - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I just want you to know that I've been enjoying your posts and my post has nothing to do with you. I actually look forward to updates on your progress in your studies. As I said, I am a recent grad and I understand what you're going through. Please continue to post and let's try to ignore the negative posts. I can't wait to read your post that says I graduated!
aww thank you :) - East MT
[ In Reply To ..]
it is much appreciated <3

Maybe some did follow but... - MHCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the real reason is that there are many who are upset and worried that MModal will contribute to the demise of the coding industry as they did to MT. It's nothing personal to the new trainees.

I reported your post to the moderator - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I reported your post to the moderator for attempting to keep others from using the board.

It is not the trainees' fault that disruptive individual(s) are victimizing them here.

I disagree that this was a great place to get information. Far from it! The same individual(s) inhibited that, too.

I like having the trainees here.

Thanks for letting me know - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not attempting to keep others from posting and I'm sorry you took it that way. I agree that it's not the trainees' fault and, as I said, I enjoy reading the (genuine) trainees' posts.

I will say it one more time - good luck to all of the new students. Also, I hope I didn't offend any of you. Study on!

Oh and to the moderator(s) - please delete my post if you find it offensive.

I agree with this ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This used to be a board to come and get great information but for the past couple of weeks there's really been nothing here except bickering. It reminds me of the MModal board, only with the "Coding" name. I feel like all the negativity, bickering and hen-pecking has followed the MModal coding students from one board to the next and now the rest of us are trying to wade through it all to get to the information.

I too wish them all luck but would love to have our "old" board back.

Maybe the moderator can ban the - bickering non-trainees from here

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

x - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x
It's called free speech - WXYZ
[ In Reply To ..]
Deal with it. We may not always agree with what others say but they have the same right to participate in the forum as you.

Exactly. I was the one who posted about "Am I a jerk that I wish they hadn't moved it her - Im a jerk

[ In Reply To ..]
I truly don't mean to sound like a jerk, but in all honesty, I am here to get advice on my OWN coding endeavor. I know they need advice too, but all I see is them talking amongst themselves about M*Modal. I asked a question the other day about coding books and things, and I had to wade almost to the bottom of the page to find my answer. It's frustration, and I feel that they should have their own M*Modal coding board. They have their own M*Modal transcription board, and I know Coder and other coders would make appearances to their coding board to answer any questions they have, but I would sure like to have our old board back. No disrepect intended, but we have nothing to do with M*Modal. I don't read the posts about it, but I hate wading through to whatever questions I have. Come on Moderator, get them their own board, please?

Similar Messages:

I Have Tested For MQ And Am Waiting To Hear Back. Thought I Pop Over To The MQ Board And
Jul 19, 2011

get opinions from the horses' mouths.  Sooooo, should I work for MQ?  Is there enough work?  Is pay on time?  How is the QA? Thanks! ...

I Have A Question About This Board. I Thought This
Dec 28, 2011

was a board to vent about/warn other MTs about certain companies.  Why then, when I warn everyone about DSG (stating what they did to me and because of them not getting food stamps) does it get deleted?  Does DSG own this board or do they just have a lot of pull for whatever reason?  I really have to wonder since I am not the only one they have done this to. ...

Swap Board....back? By Popular Demand?
Apr 06, 2015

Apparently, my team (lucky us) has been selected to participate in a pilot to bring back the Swap Board.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was a ginormous disaster the last time they tried to force it upon us.  This on top of the back log of work, mandatory overtime and switching accounts?  Really?  Am I in the Twilight Zone?   ugh...first resume sent last week...more to follow for sure. ...

Coding Board Gone Wild!
Mar 23, 2014

While I am enjoying all of the new posts on this board, I have to admit it's a lot to read/take in! As a recent coding grad who passed both the CCS and CPC, I just want to say good luck to all the new posters in your coding studies. It won't be easy, but you can do it! ...

Coding Board Post
Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised? ...

Coding - From The Horse's Mouth To This Board
Nov 10, 2011

I just spoke with a young woman named Bailey at the AAPC.  AAPC only does outpatient coding certification, not inpatient.  Inpatient is obtained through AHIMA.  CPC requires 2 years of experience.  CPC exam can be taken without the 2 years of experience but will have an apprentice designation on your credential, CPC-A.  The apprentice would be dropped after 2 years of experience.   AHIMA's requirements are much different:  Certified Coding Associate (CCA ...

To The M*Modal Newbies On The Coding Board
Mar 23, 2014

on this board pointed out to me that I misspoke.  AHIMA does not approve coding courses.  What I meant to say was that, to take the CCS you must submit an application, which must be approved by AHIMA before you can sit for the test.  If you do not have the required two years of experience, or a professional certification and a year's experience, you can still sit for the exam if your coding program fulfills the requirements of A&P, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medi ...

Former RHIT Looking To Get Back Into Coding
Jan 06, 2014

I have my AA degree and sat and passed for the RHIT about 10 years ago.  I worked as a coder for just one year before I decided to become an MT.  Obviously, this is a choice I now regret.  I no longer have my RHIT so I would need to study for it, but so much has changed since then and I'm not quite sure where I should go for refresher courses?  I've checked out AHIMA and they have a few options for me, but just wondering if anyone has any advice or if they've t ...

Excuse Me, Back To Company Board Business. Any Info On All Physician's Trans?
Apr 25, 2012

TIA!   ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

I Just Thought Of Something!
Mar 31, 2010

Do you wonder how much the person makes who is sitting there reading all the First Time Right Essays?  Sure would love to know that!  How do I get that job?  I guess I would qualify as I have reading skills.  ...

Wmx - Another Thought On This
Sep 02, 2010

I think this was a very large account and they could have divided the MTs who had this as their primary and put them on various other accounts.  Yes, this would have overstaffed those accounts and more MTs would be getting NJA as we all scrambled for what work there was.  Also, this way WMX would not be putting out unemployement for anyone and soon most of us would not have benefits because we couldn't keep our line counts up with NJA all the time.  All in all, looks like the ...

HEY... I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING
Oct 26, 2010

What the heck happened to that 6.1 upgrade drawing with the TV and all????? Did anyone ask support or their CCM? ...

Just Thought I'd Ask..
Mar 28, 2011

I'm just wondering what is with companies not calling you after you have passed a test and said they will? I don't understand it. Yes,  I realize that they may have several people, but is it too much to ask for a phone call to do an interview or something? I am looking for a job and when I do pass tests and get excited that I actually did and no one contacts me like they said they would, it really bothers me. ...

I Thought I Was The Only One
May 13, 2011

I just realized that no one cares about the quality of medical records anymore.  I have had to go to VR and I am now making anywhere between 4 and 12 dollars/hour.  I guess people care more about the quality of their hamburgers than they do peoples' healthcare. I have started to just send them through.  I don't even really listen to the work.  I look at it and change any major spelling errors, but other than that, what the VR says is what they get.  The fu ...

Just Had A Thought...
Mar 17, 2012

Could it be that the MModal and Nuance are buying all of these smaller, better MTSOs because they want to limit our employment options?  If MModal (the Q) and Nuance are the monopolizing companies, and an MT who works for them just had all she/he could take, where could she/he go?   Just a thought....   ...

Thought Everybody Would Like To See This
May 01, 2012

This phrase was added at the end of an advertisement for employment.  Obviously it was in-house, but found it.... well.... rude, I guess.  Although I understand their position and their experiences, to include something like this in an advertisement would certainly send me running elsewhere.  Any opinions???   one last comment, and from prior experiences we have to make this statement: if you have had mutiple jobs a year, have gaps in time in your resume without explana ...

Just Thought I Would Let You All Know...
Oct 22, 2012

that Alliance Medical Transcription in Houston TX is hiring for acute care account with a large teaching hospital with mostly VR but some straight typing and mostly OP notes.  Good luck to those who apply. just passing this on because I have very little experience with OP notes and this was not a good fit for me.  No "ulterior motives" for me.  Just trying to help those in need.  ...

I Just Had A Thought!!!
Nov 15, 2012

What if we asked for stocks in the company as a benefit?  I know Wal-Mart does this for their employees, because my SIL, who has worked for Wal-Mart for a long time, drew from her stock and traveled a distance and paid for a  birthday party for her 3-year-old grandson and went shopping at our local mall and bought herself a wonderful new set of pots and pans (that new kind that is green and made out of ceramic) and just lived it up more than she could have done otherwise.  Si ...