A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I found this very interesting post on the MModal board...sm - VTMT

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

and thought it would be of interest to all MTs.

This filing is incredibly long, but the most - interesting read concerning

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 - 8:44 am In Reply to: Found this statement in the SEC filings. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

M-Modal I have read including many eye-opening facts about the offshore component of business. I didn't know that M-Modal uses "cloud" technology. 

"Speech recognition and natural language understanding technologies, including our own, are not accurate in every instance." This statement made me laugh out loud! 

"Recent legislation and possible negative publicity may impede our ability to utilize offshore production capabilities.  Certain state laws restrict the transmission of personally identifiable information regarding a U.S. resident to any foreign affiliate, subcontractor or unaffiliated third party without adequate privacy protections or without providing notice of the transmission and an opportunity to opt out.  Some of the laws require patient consent. These laws impose liability on healthcare businesses arising from the improper sharing or other misuse of personally identifiable information. Some laws create a private civil cause of action that allow an injured party to recover damages sustained as a result of a violation of the law. A number of states have also considered, or are in the process of considering, prohibitions or limitations on the disclosure of medical or other information to individuals or entities located outside of the U.S. Further, as a result of concerns regarding the possible misuse of personally identifiable information, some of our customers have contractually limited our ability to use MTs and MEs located outside of the U.S. The effect of these laws would limit our ability to utilize our lower-cost offshore production facilities for affected customers, which could adversely affect our operating margins."

"As business process outsourcing and “off-shoring” have grown in
recent years, concerns have also grown about the impact of these phenomena on jobs in the United States. These concerns could drive government policy in a way which is disadvantageous to us. Further, if government regulation or market practices leads to fewer individuals seeking medical treatment, we could experience a decline in our processing volumes." 

Filing speaks of concerns of the Indian government and how it can/will affect M-Modal. Really facinating stuff. Not the usual propaganda we hear. 

This is the link to the beginning of the thread on the MModal board.

http://forum.mtstars.com/446088.html

and? - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
What are we supposed to do with this information?

Just posting information that I found interesting. I don't...sm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
don't expect you to do anything with that information.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to learn that US MTs will be needed in the future as some states, hospitals, etc. (would love to know which ones) are requiring their medical records be processed in the US. Maybe this is the trend. This would be good news. Large MTSOs (not just MModal) that offshore are starting to feel the pinch when not able to export more of their work.

boo hoo hoo for the CEOs that'll - really cut into their bonuses. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The road to hell - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
is paved with the skulls of MT company CEOs who ripped off their employees.

The reptilians will go down - ts

[ In Reply To ..]
and I believe soon, within the year.
wish this were so - why do you think it?
[ In Reply To ..]
what do you know that we don't know?

Another part of the report that is interesting...sm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
"Our employees are not represented by any labor union and are not organized under a collective bargaining agreement, and we have never experienced A WORK STOPPAGE.

WE BELIEVE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR EMPLOYEES ARE GENERALLY GOOD."

It are, are it? - grits

[ In Reply To ..]
That's hilarious on so many levels

It are! Being the MT/ME that I am, I was tempted to change it. LOL! nm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Now is that a critical error in the eyes of their QA - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
or just half a point error? Ding, ding, ding. Deduction in pay perhaps??? It are, are it? poster - you made my day and made me laugh so hard and I really needed that today - so thanks. I was giggling when I caught the error too and then saw your post pop up and found it just way too funny to pass on.
:D Delighted to have been of service. - grits
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope your day improves.

what's the difference between a labor union... - and a collective bargaining agreement?

[ In Reply To ..]
IF there is a difference, maybe...maybe we can become a "collective?" just a thought. lol.

A collective bargaining agreement is an agreement between... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
an employer and a union representing the employees.
okay, thanks.... - well that shot that in the foot.
[ In Reply To ..]
I was hoping it would be something the MTs as a "collective" could use in their favor. sigh.

MModal, lack of work, hiring oversees, low pay...forget it! - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I won't work for them!

Exactly why doing - just that

[ In Reply To ..]
is exactly what we need. A work stoppage. Just stop working. Not complicated. Don't give them any warning aside from getting everybody on board who reads this.

Wow, 476 hits (as of this time) on the original post. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That would make such a huge difference in an industry of tens of thousands if all those less than 500 people just stopped working!! Can you imagine the effect?!
So true, just a few tears in a big lake - no affect on them at all
[ In Reply To ..]
Now, if we could get India to strike, that would be something!

Similar Messages:

MModal Has A Job Post On Another Job Board
Jan 10, 2013

The ad says pay per report but it does not say it is radiology. It says acute care exp so what is up with that? ...

Something That I Found Very Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic. ...

Something I Found Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

I also posted this on the main board, but here goes. Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic ...

Found This Interesting
Nov 10, 2011

Time to do something, nja, not enough money, will not allow me to schedule so I can find part time employment to supplement. This company is abusing us without question.   Doing some research and found these two articles:   http://www.mediate.com/articles/davenport.cfm and http://minoritysurvival.com/2011/07/15/six-ways-employers-abuse-workers/     ...

Found Out Something Interesting....
Jan 08, 2013

I was looking for job openings at our local hospital and it's a long story but, found out that they have taken their transcription back in-house.  Too many mistakes, not enough quality work, bad turn around times, et al.  I am applying today, in person with them.  I will offer to scrub their floors if that is what it takes to get back in to transcribing.  I know folks who work there and they get a very fair wage, benefits and time off!  ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Interesting Job Post
Mar 16, 2014

Just saw a job post on another site for Nuance offering transcription-only, no voice rec editing positions.   Sounds wonderful, too bad I do both and am currently out of work.  ...

An Old Post You Mind Find Interesting!
Jun 16, 2014

"All the good work goes overseas to India where the owner is from. Basically, their little office in Massacheusetts is just a storefront and the American MTs they hire are window dressing." ...

I'm Glad I Found This Board
Mar 12, 2010

I am really glad I found this board.  I felt really alone.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks MQ is making a profit off of the MTs.  Being cut in pay for ASR was bad enough, but this first time right stuff is too much. I am going back to school and I'm getting out of the MT business.   ...

Found This On Another Bulletin Board About QA
Dec 17, 2013

I copied this off - "As for now, it seems like the QCs have been instructed to drag the postaudit scores below 99% of all the ITPs crossing 30k lines per month and thereby causing a significant reduction in payout. The QCs are really nitpicking. Furthermore, they would pick a report from 2-3 months back and say that there was this mistake in that file. This really sucks..."   - This makes perfect sense to me, I did have good audit scores until I got to 30k lines. ...

I Found This Old Post On Line Counting...which I Truly Believe
Dec 20, 2011

You are misinformed. DocQScribe is an excellent format to work on BUT it counts in a way that will shock you. AND can change from day to day, minute to minute. The program that is used to control it is called DocQMANAGE. In DocQManage are things you will not believe. You might have access to PART of DocQManage, but not ALL OF IT. They assign a divisor which can mean that you are TOLD that you are paid on a 65 character line, but will not be. There are so many options in there for l ...

What Equipment Would I Need If I Found Other Work Besides Mmodal? (SM)
May 26, 2012

I've been with Mmodal for many years, have been transferred to other CCMs and accounts but just last week I was transferred to one because it was behind then one day later transferred back to original CCM and that account that they just sent me to is now my primary.  I know we all have to transcribe ESL and ASR or straight transcription.  I don't think the ESL I had last week knows this language at all.  I'm more than willing to transcribe ESL and I think I ...

I Googled MModal Indian Coders And Found Out There Is A
Mar 11, 2014

x ...

Sometimes This Board Will Not Let Me Post Anywhere.
Feb 20, 2010

No matter how carefully I type the "code" to prove I'm a real person or whatever, it just keeps asking me to type it again and again, and won't accept it.  ...

Job Board Post
Jun 05, 2010

anyone know who posted the mental health position on the job board?? ...

The Last Post On This Board Is From 12/19
Dec 26, 2010

How do you get to the rest of the posts from Dec? ...

The Post On The Job Seekers Board Just Might
Oct 26, 2011

have been taken seriously had they spelled Accutrans correctly! ...

My Post On Job Wanted Board
Mar 19, 2013

I posted on the Job Wanted Board. This morning I received an E-mail from "Ravindran" which said the following: i can help u, contact me. This smells fishy to me, and replied that the response was "very unprofessional". India, maybe? ...

Post On Job Seeker's Board
Aug 08, 2014

Be careful of responding to the post by Mike Witkowski - a few years back he pulled this same type of thing with needing transcriptionists "right away" - the whole process was very shady and then he tells you that you don't meet his "requirements" after you transcribe a test.....just a head's up. ...

Very Disturbing Post On The Board.
Dec 06, 2014

As you can see, I have pasted a post below that needs clarification from someone, owners of this board, I suspect.  The subject of how is above my pay grade.  My point in posting, however, is that none of us should be fearful that Nuance stooges are watching or even that they might be able to "ping" to see who posted.  We have a right to express our opinion in the land of free speech.  If anyone of us faces by whatever means any retalitatory action, then I'll be the fir ...

Coding Board Post
Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised? ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Pain Management Post On Job Board
May 06, 2010

just want to know what's up with that job post on the job board.  I've sent my resume twice and came back as undeliverable.  I got so excited because I have experience with PMs.  Now I'm disappointed.  Any thoughts?- tx, nw ...

This Board Is Becoming Increasingly Unpleasant To Post On
Jun 04, 2014

And that's sad, because from what I can see, it's one of the few active medical coding boards on the Internet. There is a person or a few people on this board (I've been reading here for a long time) that almost always find a way to insult and talk down to posters, no matter what the situation. You can tell that it's the same person/people because they have the same posting style. It's to the point where I cringe every that that poster/posters answer my questions because ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

BEFORE YOU POST: Use The Correct Board - List Is On The Left. NM
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

See Post On Main Board About EPIC Clientele.
Mar 02, 2014

This is quite the eye opener and may explain why a lot of us are running out of work. Part of the problem is the complete mismanagement by TSMs and COMs, but the overall issue may be that EPIC is growing by leaps and bounds. It does not bode well for us MLSs. ...

Wage Theft, Post On Main Board.
Sep 02, 2014

I read with interest the article contained in the post on the main board because it occurred to me that this is the only industry I know where as an employee, for most companies today, Nuance not excepted, you accept a job and then you, the employee, provide your own equipment, you pay the expense to have your computer repaired and when it is down you are not paid for the downtime, you pay your ISP internet charges (which can be costly if you are running extra turbo charged service to meet minim ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...