A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Very disturbing post on the board. - sm

Posted: Dec 06, 2014

As you can see, I have pasted a post below that needs clarification from someone, owners of this board, I suspect.  The subject of how is above my pay grade. 

My point in posting, however, is that none of us should be fearful that Nuance stooges are watching or even that they might be able to "ping" to see who posted.  We have a right to express our opinion in the land of free speech.  If anyone of us faces by whatever means any retalitatory action, then I'll be the first to lead the line in suing the britches off Nuance.  We can talk about the company we work for positively or negatively.  That's our right.  We can talk about our wages.  That's our right.  There is nothing that Nuance pantywaists can do about it.

At this point in my life, I dare them to step over the line.  Really, I am making no money, less than $300 for 2 weeks of work to be deposited 12/12.  I should be careful what I say?  You should be careful what you say? What does anyone have to lose with wages like this?  I've already lost.  Now, pay is being cut again, and we do not have a right to proclaim loudly and often?  The greatest good in doing so is to protect the unsuspecting who just might be considering either a position with Nuance or who are contemplating entering this field.  Listen up!  Run and run as fast as you can.  Get yourself trained for some other career before you are wandering in the desert all by yourself with nothing but sand to eat.

Do not let the fear of Nuance drive your life.  You can cover your butt everywhere.  Copy/paste, do screen prints, put them in your own personal email, mail it to yourself, and place into a secure file.  That also includes IMs, not just the sorry piece of crap N has for an email program.  Be proactive.  Someone, somewhere is getting the goods on Nuance right now.   

I got a "ping" - ME

Posted: Dec 5th, 2014 - 7:55 pm In Reply to: They don't "release" the private emails...Nuance "pings" it. - Do not ever reply to any email.

I asked a question on this board, never replied to anyone by email and soon after got a reply in my company email answering my question. I think they replied by email to my post and they got my email address. Never again. I use many, many different email addresses now and am more careful in my posts. It's their way of letting us know they're watching. I don't even have words for how that makes me feel.

dont believe the ping story - been a nuance employee for years

[ In Reply To ..]
and post often... never once recieved an email in my company box that addressed my issues. Have no clue about this persons "ping" story, but I frankly dont believe it. How does one "ping" you anyway? And another thing... if they "pinged" her response on this board, wouldnt they have that email and not the company email? She obviously replied by email to someone.

she could have given identifying info out - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes people say enough that if I were a TL and they were on my team, I could probably figure out who it was also. I am always very careful not to give away too much in my postings so that they would be able to know who the poster is.

I had the same thing happen to me, but on the - MM board

[ In Reply To ..]
Twice. Asked questions on the board, did NOT give out any identifying information, and the email I use here is an old one that does not have my name in it. Both times I received answers (nice) via company email from my supervisor. I know the moderator does not give out info, so I could never figure it out.

it is in the handbook...sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
Something as far as you cannot be on social media or public sites bashing them if you are an employee, etc. Those aren't the exact words though. However, by law we can talk amongst other employees (I'm almost 100% certain), whether good or bad. Talking on this particular board amongst ourselves is not illegal. If you are bashing them on another public site or maybe facebook let's say, then yea you can get in trouble. I don't think there is anyone on here watching from Nuance. I do not think that person would be working for free nor would Nuance pay someone for that. I do not think there is anyway to find you and talking amongst your coworkers isn't grounds for firing.

maybe tho....sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe this would be considered public though since anyone can get on here and read... maybe if we were all in a private chat room you needed a password for, etc., then that would be different. I'm not sure. I don't know how they would define all that though...especially the difference between complaining versus bashing and bashing versus being concerned over issues.

This is a public forum, so yes, we should - not be posting here, and.

[ In Reply To ..]
that is WHY most of us try to be careful to not put anything that could identify us.

That's why we do not respond to e-mails. Even if the "ping" is not accurate, ANYONE could be emailing you and once you reply - they have you.

And, yes, many of us have in fact been told by our TSMs that this board is read regularly by those in Nuance management. They classify us as whiny crybabies and usually specifically instruct employees to not come here because none of what is posted is accurate. (btw, I have some lakefront property in an undisclosed location for sale if you believe everything your TSM and corporate tells you).

You seem perhaps a little innocent, naïve and to trusting. Don't let them take that away, really consider finding something else.

Get ready to have your every mouse click monitored and to receive emails constantly about how much time you were not typing while clocked in. M-Modal is already doing this.
Good message, important stuff. Some old timers could provide the initials of the - HR person monitoring...we communicated with her ab
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance freely acknowledges they monitor this board because they pay to advertise on it. What they don't acknowledge are the actions taken against MTs dumb enough to trust the private email function associated with it. Not hard to trace an email back to its source... software engineers do it without blinking an eye. Stick to the public boards and rant on, sisters! Nice having a place to vent!
monitored every click and hands on.. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yea that gets me too. They already do monitor our every keyboard function and foot pedal. If our hands are off the keys and off the foot pedal system hours stop clocking, yet our clocked in hours continue to roll. So any time you have to stop and verify something, talk to your team lead, look something up, just stop to read what you have there b/c it doesn't make sense, your system hours are not processing.

To that system hours, monitoring keys on board and foot on pedal, then how do they explain being required to look at our corrections and not being paid to do so. Looking at corrections is not in the platforms and thus being clocked in and not working is not equaling out to your system hours, as now your clocked hours will be more and we all know this is only permitted to be off slightly. In Nuance's eyes, if you are not typing or have that foot on the pedal, then you are not working. They put me in the mindset that they feel as though we sit here and twiddle our thumbs all day long and that is why we can't make money.
if u email.who??? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Who would u be emailing that they would then find u? How? By your IP address? Can u pls explain. Also, why not just use your cell and a gmail acct created on your cell? How could they trace that???
...those polite little requests on here that sometimes ask you, could - you please email me that information?
[ In Reply To ..]
...or the innocent-enough sounding, "feel free to contact me by email if you are uncomfortable sharing that information on this public board."

Don't do it. Stick to this public board, as the email account with which you set up your access to this board can lead them straight back to you via your computer's IP.
as long as everything we are saying is true - CINDY
[ In Reply To ..]
As long as what we are posting is truth we should not get in any trouble, its not like we are making up extravagant lies about them, its all true.

This is considered social media - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Media = Internet, a way to spread news and interact with others be it facebook or other public forums.

Social = Socializing on public forums on the internet, voicing opinions, sharing information or basic conversation.

MT stars is considered social media. Not as big or popular as facebook, twitter or linked-in, but still social media.

I am willing to bet companies began implementing that clause in their policy once they found out how badly they were being bashed on networking websites like this one.

**However, I agree %100 with sharing personal experiences in an attempt to help save others from suffering the same fate and grief. I have worked at a couple of companies that I wish someone would have warned me about before signing on.

Sure, we may have to be careful what we say as an employee, but nothing is stopping us from screaming to the rooftops once we've left the job. I for one am EXTREMELY thankful for the information I receive on these boards. At one point, I was considering Nuance. But I realize now that my blood pressure cannot take the stress of the Fiesa and constant QA. No job is worth me having a stroke over.

So let us continue to talk, share, and lookout for one another to the best of our ability. Just be careful with the details that all.

Public boards - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm curious why it even matters to Nuance what we say. Do they care when we are telling our TSMs how unhappy we are? Do they care when the TSM tells them what they are asking is unreasonable? Do they look at the posts from us regarding how we don't know how we're going to make ends meet now, put food on the table, buy Christmas gifts like this? Do any of THOSE matter? Or is it just the ones that shed a light on the truth of the situation that they seem to have a problem with? Afraid we are all going to figure out we've been given the shaft?! I read in an article that Nuance's CEO has been named one of the top 100 Worst bosses of the year. So I think it's pretty fair game. If you got that title by unfair business practices that line your pocket and take from those who need it, you deserve it. So if they want to come after us for a public forum board from your MTs, then go after the other media who spread it all over Google! Furthermore, if they are watching this board, they obviously see the discontent and low morale from their employees. Do they care enough to address it, or do they send the TSM to try and smooth it over, making promises that are too easily broken the next day? Well, Nuance, your EXCITING change has caused lots of excitement for us. And now that we are all worried and stressed, why not read the comments on this board and make some more EXCITING changes, like real ones that benefit your employees? After all, if you truly did care, you would be wanting this board to tell newbies how awesome it is working here, how it's fair and reasonable, how you can just do your job (like we would all like to do) and get compensated for it. So until you actually care about the other posts on this board, the damage you have done to American families, then why bother?

Yes he is on the worst CEO's list. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
He made the worst CEO's in 2013. Great title to wear. I bet you all who work at Nuance will second the motion.

It's bleeding red ink so maybe they will go out of business and everyone will stop using them as a guide in our wages. He obviously is not worth the millions he is making.

#6. Paul Ricci, CEO of Nuance (NUAN). Talk about a technology whose time has come. Voice recognition is in everything from cars and call centers to cell phones and computers. And owing to dozens of acquisitions, one company has come to dominate the market: Nuance. In spite of that, the company̢۪s growth has stalled, it̢۪s bleeding red ink, and its stock is down 36% this year and trading at a three-year low. While Ricci has been impressive in the M&A department, he doesn̢۪t appear to be competent when it comes to organic business growth and profits.

THAT'S ABOUT WHAT I MADE ALSO, MAYBE LESS - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
That is about what I made, after they took insurance, etc out. I may have made less. I didn't realize it was this low for everyone. How many other's are only getting about $300.00 for 2 weeks of worth deposited in their account.

yes... - and i thought it was just me

[ In Reply To ..]
really doing a bad job at my job and not being able to cut it. They really make me feel like everybody else is making it and making it good and I am lacking behind.

Similar Messages:

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Sometimes This Board Will Not Let Me Post Anywhere.
Feb 20, 2010

No matter how carefully I type the "code" to prove I'm a real person or whatever, it just keeps asking me to type it again and again, and won't accept it.  ...

Job Board Post
Jun 05, 2010

anyone know who posted the mental health position on the job board?? ...

The Last Post On This Board Is From 12/19
Dec 26, 2010

How do you get to the rest of the posts from Dec? ...

The Post On The Job Seekers Board Just Might
Oct 26, 2011

have been taken seriously had they spelled Accutrans correctly! ...

MModal Has A Job Post On Another Job Board
Jan 10, 2013

The ad says pay per report but it does not say it is radiology. It says acute care exp so what is up with that? ...

My Post On Job Wanted Board
Mar 19, 2013

I posted on the Job Wanted Board. This morning I received an E-mail from "Ravindran" which said the following: i can help u, contact me. This smells fishy to me, and replied that the response was "very unprofessional". India, maybe? ...

Post On Job Seeker's Board
Aug 08, 2014

Be careful of responding to the post by Mike Witkowski - a few years back he pulled this same type of thing with needing transcriptionists "right away" - the whole process was very shady and then he tells you that you don't meet his "requirements" after you transcribe a test.....just a head's up. ...

Coding Board Post
Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised? ...

Job Seekers Board Post With No Company Name
Apr 01, 2010

Why is there a post on the Job Seekers Board with no company name?  Also, you can reply by email, but the name is still undisclosed.  I thought that was not allowed.  Who would send a resume to some unknown person/company?     ...

Pain Management Post On Job Board
May 06, 2010

just want to know what's up with that job post on the job board.  I've sent my resume twice and came back as undeliverable.  I got so excited because I have experience with PMs.  Now I'm disappointed.  Any thoughts?- tx, nw ...

This Board Is Becoming Increasingly Unpleasant To Post On
Jun 04, 2014

And that's sad, because from what I can see, it's one of the few active medical coding boards on the Internet. There is a person or a few people on this board (I've been reading here for a long time) that almost always find a way to insult and talk down to posters, no matter what the situation. You can tell that it's the same person/people because they have the same posting style. It's to the point where I cringe every that that poster/posters answer my questions because ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

BEFORE YOU POST: Use The Correct Board - List Is On The Left. NM
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

I Found This Very Interesting Post On The MModal Board...sm
Dec 12, 2012

and thought it would be of interest to all MTs. This filing is incredibly long, but the most - interesting read concerning Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 - 8:44 am In Reply to: Found this statement in the SEC filings. - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??M-Modal I have read including many eye-opening facts about the offshore component of business. I didn't know that M-Modal uses "cloud" technology. "Speech recognition and natural language understanding technologies, including our own, ar ...

See Post On Main Board About EPIC Clientele.
Mar 02, 2014

This is quite the eye opener and may explain why a lot of us are running out of work. Part of the problem is the complete mismanagement by TSMs and COMs, but the overall issue may be that EPIC is growing by leaps and bounds. It does not bode well for us MLSs. ...

Wage Theft, Post On Main Board.
Sep 02, 2014

I read with interest the article contained in the post on the main board because it occurred to me that this is the only industry I know where as an employee, for most companies today, Nuance not excepted, you accept a job and then you, the employee, provide your own equipment, you pay the expense to have your computer repaired and when it is down you are not paid for the downtime, you pay your ISP internet charges (which can be costly if you are running extra turbo charged service to meet minim ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

Why Does The Post On The Job Seeker's Board For Advanced Transcription Keep Disappearing?
Jan 09, 2011

It has been there twice this evening and both times it has disappeared.  Does anyone have any recent information about this company?  It is the one out of New Jersey.   TIA ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Beware Of Post By Jessica Miller On Job Board. It Shows
Mar 11, 2013

Transcriptionwave and states is a US company, but email link takes you to Transcriptionlive and has a calculator for transcription 40% "lesser" than US.  ...

Snowbunny (the Original) - Did You Post On The Job Seekers Board Recently? It's Gone.
Jun 06, 2013

. ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Where Is The "I Am So Broke" Post? Seems The Board Is Trying
Sep 19, 2010

Hmmmm ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...