A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Coding Board gone wild! - sm

Posted: Mar 23, 2014

While I am enjoying all of the new posts on this board, I have to admit it's a lot to read/take in! As a recent coding grad who passed both the CCS and CPC, I just want to say good luck to all the new posters in your coding studies. It won't be easy, but you can do it!

congratulations on passing your exams!!! - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Congratulations! What school if you dont - mind me asking?

[ In Reply To ..]
That's a fantastic accomplishment! You had to work really hard for that!

Good luck to you!

School - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an Andrews graduate. Thank you - yes it was hard work but so worth it. Good luck to you as well!

Similar Messages:

Coding Board Post
Mar 03, 2015

the coding apprentice program.  Anyone surprised? ...

Coding - From The Horse's Mouth To This Board
Nov 10, 2011

I just spoke with a young woman named Bailey at the AAPC.  AAPC only does outpatient coding certification, not inpatient.  Inpatient is obtained through AHIMA.  CPC requires 2 years of experience.  CPC exam can be taken without the 2 years of experience but will have an apprentice designation on your credential, CPC-A.  The apprentice would be dropped after 2 years of experience.   AHIMA's requirements are much different:  Certified Coding Associate (CCA ...

To The M*Modal Newbies On The Coding Board
Mar 23, 2014

on this board pointed out to me that I misspoke.  AHIMA does not approve coding courses.  What I meant to say was that, to take the CCS you must submit an application, which must be approved by AHIMA before you can sit for the test.  If you do not have the required two years of experience, or a professional certification and a year's experience, you can still sit for the exam if your coding program fulfills the requirements of A&P, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medi ...

On Second Thought, Maybe We Need Our Old Coding Board Back
Apr 03, 2014

This is merely my opinion, but maybe we could have the original Coding/Medical Billing board back and another board for the MM coding trainees. I used to come here and get some great information/advice about coding. These days, if I want to find any useful information, I have to wade through way too many negative posts. Don't get me wrong, I wish the new coding students the absolute best of luck. I guess I just miss the old board. Oh and let the dislikes and negativity begin, I'm getti ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

ASR Gone Wild
Jul 10, 2013

Whenever the word "present" is dictated, we automatically get a bolded heading: "HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:"   Can anyone explain how the program is "trained" to do this.  Kinda scary!   ...

Red Headers Gone Wild
Mar 31, 2013

inserting themselves and changing whole blocks of text to red. Very hard to undo. Just started today. Is it April 1 in India yet? #%*%^&%% ...

WordMedBiz...Joker's Wild! IC, Set Schedule 6-7 Cpl IC!
Apr 25, 2014

Shows how much mental health has progressed over the years when this ad shows how much they care.  One would need a psychiatrist in thinking that this is a great job...oh, and if you don't pass, you are lucky to wait 6 months to take it again.  Sweet! ...

EditScript V9 Wild Card For Doc Search
Oct 09, 2014

Word Help - EGFR ____ Wild Type
May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :) ...

A "wild Pad Ant" Enteroenterostomy Was Found In The Jejunum At 60 Cm From The Incisors.
Feb 28, 2012

Pt with gastric cancer.  On endoscopy, a __ (wild pad ant) enteroenterostomy was found in the jejunum at 60 cm from the incisors. ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

New Board!
Oct 13, 2009

Sad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc.  ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...

Well You Would Think That MTs On This Board
Jan 18, 2014

would appreciate updates of warnings, but I guess not. I will not post here again to warn anyone of anything. Sick of being trolled! ...

I Think TTS Should Have Own Board. Nm
Jun 30, 2014

nm ...

What's Up With This Ad On Another Board For OB
Jan 29, 2015

You see it periodically, OB, radiology, and something else but it's pretty clear the work will be OB.  The test consists of 3 files (getting this from the ad) and you should finish it in less than 2 hours.  3 files?  How long are the files?  So, my real question is (the other two were thiinking out loud), does this ad get run periodically to clear out the backlog or is it really a legit job and why does it come up so often?  It's not the exact same ad everytime ...

HOW DO YOU SEARCH ON THIS BOARD NOW
Oct 16, 2009

How do you search now on this new board?   ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...