A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone like MModal? - RB

Posted: Jan 22, 2013

I see so many complaints about MModal. Does anyone actually like them? I'm in the hiring process and they are calling with an offer. I would like to try it out. I work in-house now, but eventually my position will be eliminated due to VR. I do not make that great of pay, and have lots of down time, but still have to sit in the office all day.

I know that all companies have their ups and downs. My hospital being Union makes doing anything impossible and makes it easier to keep the "bad seeds" around. Normal office politics, etc. But working at home, you are out of all of that from a face-to-face encounter, which I have done in the past and really enjoyed.

I know there are lots of people who just like to complain and make an issue about everything. There are quite a few of them in my office. I like to just do my work and get the day finished and stay to my own. But, are all these people complaining on here the ones who would normally just complain about everything anyways in the office or are they legitimate complaints. No company is perfect I think many people need to be reminded of.

What is your "not great pay" - and I can give you an answer

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are union and paid hourly, and your only complaint is office politics, it's a no-brainer, I'd stay til VR absolutely forced me out.

If you are looking for min wage and no work available ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and working for a company that treats you like cattle...come on over, MModal would love to have you join.

But most companies treat you like cattle... - RB

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies treat you like cattle as well, you find that anywhere. Employees are not valued as much as $$ is and that is with about 90% of companies.

Keep them coming, So far it's been the exact same issues as working in-house...

Still waiting to hear your "not great pay" - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
??

Penalized for QA submission - only at Mmodal

[ In Reply To ..]
If you send any report to QA for a second listen to help fill in blanks or to help fill out the demographic screen all the lines in that report are counted as QA submission. If you send over 5% of your lines per week to QA Mmodal will dock your pay 3 cpl on any additional lines submitted. One big report can put you over 5%. There is no bonus for sending less than 5% to QA, just a penalty if you do.

When I worked in house and there was no work they had us filing charts or doing busy work. They never made us take PTO to cover those times or make the time up later. Here they do. We have 3 options, take PTO, make it up or go unpaid. It is hard to make up when there is no work during other times either and when you run out of PTO you can lose your benefits too if you do not make up your hours.
I have to take call-off - RB
[ In Reply To ..]
I have to take call-off when there is no work. I still have to go in every day, wait for no work, then go home. So instead of having an 80 hour pay period, I usually only end up with about 60-70, but still have to report to work 5 days a week. I do not get "report to work pay" either. So if I take the time to get ready, drive there, showup, and after 15 minutes there's no work, I get paid for 15 minutes, which after gas, etc, I am in the negative. If you factor in my call-off, etc, I make less than minimum wage.

I was happy - until about 6

[ In Reply To ..]
months ago. I have worked here for 5 years. If you like min. wage and playing the no job game and trying to figure out when you can possibly make up your hours, then you will love working for this company. I am actively looking for another job because it has gotten so bad that I have had to file for UE benefits. I would not consider myself as being a person who is a constant complainer, but when it comes to the point that you start getting behind on all of your bills and have to make the decision should I buy groceries or pay this bill well.....

According to production statistics, the average lph - minimum wage

[ In Reply To ..]
Except for the rare account, 99% of the work is VR which a lot of us lovingly refer to as speech wreck. Every week we get statistics for our production which also shows the company average VR lph. The average lph still works out to yield minimum wage - at least in my state.

They decreed that we should be able to do 3x the production compared to straight typing, so the cut our line rate for VR, which, again, is 99% of the work load, to 60% of our straight typing rate. Later, they decreed they were only going to pay 4 cents per line for VR. Although, there may a few people earning about a penny more.

I have been keeping my own statistics for VR production which consists of time length of report, time to complete the report and theoretical time it would take to straight type the report. (3 x dictation time). Except for very rare occasions, it is taking as long or longer than the time it normally would take to straight type. The other day I timed the amount of time it took me to format an H&P according to the client's specifications, and it was equal to the amount of time you theoretically should be able to do that report in VR. Since, when straight typing, this is done as needed, I consider this added time that would not have occurred with straight typing. With the MM VR, you MUST do a 100% listen as so much is wrong and downright dangerous to patient care. A lot of the output has added words and also omitted words. If you were to just read the output, most of it would look like a proper report, but, in fact is dangerously erroneous.

Some people have claimed to have high lph, but they probably have a lot of canned dictation to add, such as found in cataract reports, or they have unusually stellar VR judging from my experience with some accounts outside of my normal accounts.

What straight typing we do get consists of dictation VR can't do which is either due to very bad audio or very bad dictation, i.e., the heavy accent, speed talker or mumbler. So, the jobs you get to straight type are the worst of the worst and most time consuming.

From my in-house experience, in-house VR can be very dangerous to patient care, unless you have an MT to do full listen and editing. The hospitals think the doctor will take the time to train the machine and read/edit the output but most will not.

If you have an in-house position, it would be MADNESS to leave for any MTSO at this time. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I take call-off (nonpaid) when there is no work. - RB

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to take call-off when there is no work (no pay). I still have to go in every day, wait for no work, then go home. So instead of having an 80 hour pay period, I usually only end up with about 50-70, but still have to report to work 5 days a week. I do not get "report to work pay" either. So if I take the time to get ready, drive there, showup, and after 15 minutes there's no work, I get paid for 15 minutes, which after gas, etc, I am in the negative. If you factor in my call-off, etc, I make less than minimum wage.

Sounds like you made your decision, then! - Best of luck! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I think its what you make of it. Line rates vary so - not all make minimum wage..see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
But if you are going to base your decision on what you read here, I would say you might want to keep looking because you wont read anything good on this forum about MM. I am a tier 3 and make far more than minimum wage. In my state minimum wage is either $7.50 or $8.00 an hour and I average anywhere from $13 to $15 per hour; it varies depending on the day, how focused I am etc. (my mind has a tendency to wander with VR) but when I am focused and sitting still I easily average $15 an hour.

I have had 2 different team leads or CCMs whatever they are calling them now and two different quality coaches and all of them have left me alone to do my work. We get daily updates for emails or emails about account specifics if something changes from the quality coach other than that, I dont hear from them. The company also sends out weekly ASR statistics for VR showing what your average is from week to week and what your proficiency stats are like.

As long as you do your job, make your line count and dont make a bunch of errors or have work getting sent back by the clients, you will be fine.

HOWEVER, I would probably remain in-house if I were you until my job ran completely out or goes totally to VR. I see no need to rush off to MM and leave an hourly paid job just to work from home. It takes a lot of discipline to work from home, sit still and maintain a good hourly wage.

Agree w/ above-Tier 3 also - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired as a Tier 3 and I receive a shift differential and also a differential for being credentialed. I average about $18-20 an hour. No problems or complaints here. Go to work, work my shift, leave.

Maybe it depends on Tier...thus work type and accounts...I don't know.

I do know that I would never be able to get as good as benefits as I get here working in-house around my area.

Shift differential for Straight typing only? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When hired I was told shift differential was for both VR and Straight typing. However, based on other info that seems to be untrue. Anyone able to shed light on that?

Also, I can barely get 200 lph because I am on a new account and the VR is HORRIFIC. Please tell me it gets better.

u r very lucky. I am tier 3, MT for 25+ years - work consistently and

[ In Reply To ..]
my wages have done nothing but gone from a livable wage to minimum wage (which is the lowest I have ever made in my entire life). so what I am seeing they choose who they want to make good money or either those posts are BS.

It - has

[ In Reply To ..]
nothing to do with your focus, it's the doctors and accounts you have and how much canned stuff you can use. You talk about focus, but fail to say what type of work you have. Do you have to fix things at least 2 or 3 times in a sentence or complete sentences and move things around because doctor forgot things? Do you have a lot of canned stuff? Do you have the same accounts where you don't have to study CPs for each doctor you get because they are all with different accounts? If we all had excellent doctors, perfect VR and the same account with lots of canned stuff, we could do that too. It's got nothing to do with your focus or being left alone or any of that.

I agree - FossilMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 30+ years experience, faithfully show up for my shift every day, am an MME, work hard, and still I don't get a full shift of work. I'm already 6 hours short this week, so far with no permission to make it up from TSM,and no PTO left. The work I do get is the trash reports with no good line count. Haven't seen an OP or consult in ages, and the only HPs I get are the occasional stats. VR in Fluency is a joke - Cornerstone had much better quality of VR with fewer things to correct.
I'm - in
[ In Reply To ..]
Cornerstone and it sucks too, so you're not missing anything.

What? I work 17 accounts for the same hospital network - and all specs are NOT the same. see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
and yes, I stand by everything I said and it does have a lot to do with my focus. I have been doing this for a while and it is truly not that difficult to average $13 to $15 an hour if you sit still and work.

I am on voice recognition also and some reports are better than others but as far as "canned" I seldom get normals or macros if that is what you are referring to. And why are you insulting my post? You sound offended? MModal is what you make of it, as with any other job. No job is perfect. I dont know what your line rates are or what tier level you are, but that plays a big part in it too. If you are not making $13 per hour, perhaps it has something to do with your rates? I would think all of us should be able to average more than $10 dollars an hour or more than minimum wage.

Geez, settle down people. Not everyone is struggling here and last I checked, there is more than one MTSO out there, MModal is not the only one. Nobody is forced to work for them.

Now let me get back to work. I cant allow myself to be distracted by this board. That could also be a problem for those who are struggling; perhaps too much time on the internet or on this site whinning.
Well - it was
[ In Reply To ..]
a question, not an insult. You did say one thing that I see different. You said some reports are better than others. Mine are all garbage.
Mine are all garbage too - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I was merged in from a buyout and for the first few weeks everything was great but it went downhill quickly. Every single day something changes. I can't even tell you how many accounts I've been on. About the time I get used to them and can make a decent line count and turn out perfect reports, they are sent to India.

I was a very high producer before but since being bought out I don't even make minimum wage.

For the first time in my life, I just don't even care anymore. My spirit has been broken by this place. I work my shift and log off. I was always the type of person that would go the extra mile, adjust my schedule, work extra, do whatever needed to be done. Now, I'm just the person that trains the VR for the Indians yet I don't get even an extra tenth of a penny. It became obvious that I was getting crappy work during my shift and offered the easy stuff when India fell behind. At this point, I spend that time I would have jumped in to help searching for another job doing anything but MT.

I strongly disagree with the poster that said it's whatever you put into it because I put everything I had into it but after you get beaten down over and over again, you have nothing left to put into it.

Does Anyone Like MModal? - prissy

[ In Reply To ..]
NO!!!

Speak for yourself only Prissy - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Does Anyone Like MModal? - prissy

[ In Reply To ..]
You're one of the top complainers, but you like it now?

Similar Messages:

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...

MModal, WHY????
May 24, 2012

Why is MModal posting job openings, when so many of use are running out of work or worse falling into the pool--what with the pay cuts, VR being paid half even though it takes nearly as long to edit most reports, and the fact that I only get my "primary" accounts about 30% of the time and the rest of the time I am typing from the pool so that nearly every report that comes up is a new facility or dictator, I have gone from making $16 an hour to minimum wage. I cannot afford this. Why can' ...

Does MModal Pay OT? Nm
Oct 02, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Pay For
Oct 17, 2012

nm ...

MModal 6 Cpl
Oct 23, 2012

I just saw that MModal has a tier 3 level where VR is 6 cpl.  Thinking is it worth it to move over when you top out at 4 cpl for acute care here. ...

New To Mmodal
Jan 03, 2013

Would someone mind briefly explaining how the QA penalty works for MModal? ...

What Has Mmodal Done To Me?
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I suppose any transciption job would do the same.  Before this profression, I was a good little girl who would never swear or cuss and even chastised others for doing so, but since becoming an MT (especially with MModal), with all these horrendous dictators and this buggy platform, if you listen from outside my office, you'd think someone locked a surly sailor with Tourettes in with me.  I've called dictators names that would make a construction worker blush.  I al ...

MModal ??
Jun 26, 2013

How long after being hired to get health insurance? I am currently with Nuance, my ex, who provides health insurance for our son just got laid off and lost health insurance. Our son has antiphospholipid syndrome., he is chronically on Coumadin, and he cannot go without health insurance. I cannot afford $735 a month to cover him and myself working at Nuance.  Thanks ...

Mmodal PI:
Sep 05, 2013

cupcakes, candy filled mugs and T-shirts.  They look so happy, smiling.     Mmodal US:  We get NJA, the swamp board, UE (if we are lucky).  We live on edge and with constant worry.   I really am happy for the Filipinos, because I know this probably represents a wonderful opportunity for some of them.  Time for the rest of us to move on.  Whoever's last to leave the building, please turn off the lights.   ...

Ex-MModal
Sep 16, 2013

Left MModal 18 mos. ago and have been on here encouraging everybody that there is life after MQ/MM.  This week my wonderful clinic goes live with EMR.  The trainer won't even recognize transcription.  He is just adamant that the docs will enter everything themselves and when they don't, he is pushing Dragon Medical.  So I guess I was wrong.  I really thought I found a way out, but apparently not.  It was a great year and a half though.  ...

WOW MModal Is The New UPS
Oct 16, 2013

There is one area we do plan to adjust for 2014 which we expect will impact a very small percentage of our employees. If your spouse or domestic partner works and is eligible to receive health benefits in another qualified plan in 2014, you will be subject to a $100 per month surcharge if you elect to include them in the M*Modal healthcare plan.  Keep in mind that this cost applies only to working spouses and domestic partners, not to children or other dependents ...

MMODAL SUX
Feb 11, 2014

I am so sick of Mmodal.  I resigned recently and I keep getting letters to return things that I have never ever owned or received or stuff that I had sent back to them years ago.  The DEPOT apparently is as ignorant as the rest of them. SO glad I found  real job that pays, respects and appreciates their employees.  I have only one PC to return and they sent me five boxes and a bunch of labels and stating that I have in my possession 7 different things.... OMG.. what a joke!!! ...

Mmodal BK
Mar 08, 2014

There's no mention of the bankruptcy on their facebook page. I have an idea. Why don't we all head on over to there and write something. From what I've seen no one either knows about it or have their heads in the sand. I would be tickled to see that. ...

For All Of You Who Want To Sue Mmodal
Apr 06, 2014

can you specify exactly what laws they have broken?  Yes, we are all unhappy here, but I cannot see that they have done anything they cannot do legally. The last judgment against them was for witholding pay.  I think they are too smart to break laws again. What do you expect to gain anyway by suing a company that has filed bankruptcy, which is always a very smart business move to make if you can get away with it. ...

Only At MModal
Apr 08, 2014

Only at MModal would you get an audit report back from March with a score of 99.67 and feel like a total failure.  Also told I must contact QC for a mandatory review.     ...

Does MModal's
Jun 17, 2014

Fluency work with Windows 8 yet? ...

BOO MModal
Dec 15, 2014

I refused to work OT last week, gave them my reasons.  I think we should all let them know how we feel rather than just venting on here!  I know everyone will think this is a waste of time, but JUST DO IT!  Email either Shaw or our new CEO, tell them how we feel.  They cut our PTO, increased our insurance premiums, no rate increases ever yet they expect us to jump through hoops to get the backlog down.  For who???  Certainly doesn't benefit us, but gives them a ...

MModal ASR
Jan 11, 2015

into mushy gibberish today.  Bah! ...

Mmodal MOT
Apr 27, 2015

Just got an email from TSA asking, but not demanding MOT (yet).... Still not doing it. If every MT would agree to not doing MOT/OT, they might get the msg?... ...

MModal - Take This
May 05, 2015

and shove it. It's time to move on to retirement. Sing-A-Long.......... https://youtu.be/EPrSVkTRb24  ...

My New Mmodal
May 14, 2015

Don't get stressed, get fired. Don't get stressed, get fired.   Meaning I'm not going to worry about any of this garbage any more.  Was just given a really bad new account because I'm so special.  I'm going to be so out of here so soon. ...

Does Anyone Else Have The Problems With Mmodal That I Have?
Aug 19, 2010

It took a stupid pill.  It skips at least a fourth of the words, uses commas and back slashes like most people use salt and pepper of course skipping the words where it puts the commas in, puts in stuff that is not even close to what is dictated.  These companies pay for their stuff to be run through this ridiculous program.  Why are the bosses allowing this low quality to come through unless they own part of mmodal.  Does not make sense.   ...

Keystrokes And MModal
Dec 08, 2010

I was just wondering how others feel  about  the "MModal" Keystrokes has been using on some accounts.   ...

Transolutions And MModal?
Jun 08, 2011

I am wondering about the MModal platfrom and how it compares to other SR software.  Is it as good as Editscript?  How many lines, edited and typed, can you average an hour on MModal?  Thanks in advance. ...

What? 89 Employees From MMODAL Are
Aug 18, 2011

On the closing date of the merger, in addition to the restricted shares granted to Messrs. Finke, Koll and Fritsch and to encourage other employees of M*Modal to join the Company, the Company granted to 89 employees of M*Modal that became employees of the Company or one of its subsidiaries up to an aggregate of 391,782 restricted shares of the Company's common stock. For each such employee, such employee's restricted shares will vest proportionally over a three-year period based ...

So, Its MModal, Formerly MedQuist
Jan 24, 2012

How many can we list now? ...

I Don't Think MModal Wants Quality From Its MTs
Feb 20, 2012

When the clients then complain, I can just see them pushing their EPIC or whatever fast-food medical record software they have and saying, "see, our software has less errors than the transcriptionists."  ...

Mmodal Equipment
Mar 19, 2012

Does anyone know if Mmodal provides computer equipment to their MTs?  I've got a very, very slow computer and I'm kinda scared to apply for some the jobs advertised because of this. ...