A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

new to mmodal - QA penalty question..sm

Posted: Jan 03, 2013

Would someone mind briefly explaining how the QA penalty works for MModal?

Sorry... I am shocked that they hired new people - when I sit here with no work.

[ In Reply To ..]
I am stunned and cannot even believe this.

They don't know how to ever QUIT hiring. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I am the OP... shocked too - dragged here

[ In Reply To ..]
All the views on these posts yet no one answers the question? I came to MModal unwillingly as an acquisition, I'm not a part of the problem.

I would love to, but I'm not sure what you mean - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
by QA penalty? Are you referring to QC audits? Grades? Points for an error?

perhaps incorrect wording.. - hoping to survive a bit longer

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure of how is phrased within the company, but amidst the enormous amount of reading material... somewhere I came across where it mentioned if more than 5% of the total lines for the week were sent to QA you are only paid 0.003? Is that for the work to QA or your total lines?

Thanks for taking the time :)
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
it's my understanding that means if you submit more than 5% of your total lines for QA review, it starts counting AFTER you've gone over that limit, and all those lines after that are only paid 3 cpl. I've honestly never had that happen, and I don't think it happens very often. I think that rule is just in place in case someone is sending everything to QA rather than taking the time to look things up themselves & abusing the system, so to speak.
I don't - send
[ In Reply To ..]
anything to QA, don't care how many blanks there are. I'm not getting penalized for something that is not my fault. anyway, I believe they take 3 cents off per line of what you make, after the 5%. Not exactly sure how that works, cause I don't send to QA. I think it is just on what you send to QA. If you send 10% of your jobs to QA, then 5% of that would be at working for free, is what I call it. If we say you make 4 cents a line on ASR and you sent 10% to QA, then 5% of that work you sent to QA would be at 1 cent a line. If somebody can verify this or correct this for this person, that would be appreciated.
This is not good advice though. Good way to - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
lose your job... If you have over the allowed number of blanks, you have to send to QA.
On some accounts it already goes to QA - if there are so many blanks.
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for six months and didn't even know how to send stuff to QA. So whatever... I'm not the poster above and I highly doubt anyone is losing their job at MModal because no one cares to watch what anyone is doing unless it's a broad general e-mail to everyone on a team about how terribly upset the client is with all the mistakes being made by the MTs (always the MT at fault, never anyone else). They could care less if you have work or whether you send it to be-bop or be-boop or she-bop or wee-bop. No one cares. Doncha get it?

It was vaguely explained on hire about more than 5% QA submissions which would take a scientist to figure out since some things are okay to send and some are not is from what I understand.

Bottom line is don't even worry about it. Just send it to the client with the blanks and go on with your day at 4 cents per darned line.
You - must
[ In Reply To ..]
be the MModal Police. I don't send anything to QA on my own because I don't care how many blanks are in it, haven't since they came up with penalizing me for it. If it is over the allowed blanks, it will go to QA anyway and I won't get penalized for sending it. Get it!!
I'm not with M*Modal, but for future reference (I never know where I might end up)... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]

just to clarify, are you saying that only the ones you voluntarily submit to QA contribute to the 5%, but the ones that go automatically due to blanks over the limit don't count?  

I think we're all saying that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
like every single other one of their policies it's clear as mud, very vague, contradictory, and open to interpretation.

Again, I'm the OP - remaining positive

[ In Reply To ..]
This is helpful. I am assuming from the replys that at MModal we are allowed a certain number of blanks to go through to client and any # of blanks beyond that would go to QA. I've been MTing for 15 years so my reports are not shot full of holes and if we are allowed 1-2 blanks per report... I should be fine. I was just under the impression any blank goes to QA and once the 5% mark is reached we lose 0.03... any other thoughts or remarks appreciated!

blanks in reports - corgi

[ In Reply To ..]
Not all blanks go to QA unless the account is specific that it has to go to QA with blanks in it (I'm on account like that). But in that case, it is not held against me so to speak on what I send to QA. A lot of the times when I send a blank like this to QA, it doesn't get filled in by QA as I've been doing this for over 30 years.

Otherwise, you choose what you want to send to QA. If it is one blank in a report, it is usually considered acceptable. One of my supervisors said 3 blanks were okay; another said 4 blanks were okay. Some accounts specifically say more than 2 blanks must be sent to QA. But there is a penalty if you send more than 5% to QA, but honestly in the 2.5 years since they started this, its never happened to me. I send to QA if there are lots of blanks; if one or two and I can't figure it out, then it goes to the client.

good luck with your new job here!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...

MModal, WHY????
May 24, 2012

Why is MModal posting job openings, when so many of use are running out of work or worse falling into the pool--what with the pay cuts, VR being paid half even though it takes nearly as long to edit most reports, and the fact that I only get my "primary" accounts about 30% of the time and the rest of the time I am typing from the pool so that nearly every report that comes up is a new facility or dictator, I have gone from making $16 an hour to minimum wage. I cannot afford this. Why can' ...

Does MModal Pay OT? Nm
Oct 02, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Pay For
Oct 17, 2012

nm ...

MModal 6 Cpl
Oct 23, 2012

I just saw that MModal has a tier 3 level where VR is 6 cpl.  Thinking is it worth it to move over when you top out at 4 cpl for acute care here. ...

Does Anyone Like MModal?
Jan 22, 2013

I see so many complaints about MModal. Does anyone actually like them? I'm in the hiring process and they are calling with an offer. I would like to try it out. I work in-house now, but eventually my position will be eliminated due to VR. I do not make that great of pay, and have lots of down time, but still have to sit in the office all day. I know that all companies have their ups and downs. My hospital being Union makes doing anything impossible and makes it easier to keep the "bad ...

What Has Mmodal Done To Me?
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I suppose any transciption job would do the same.  Before this profression, I was a good little girl who would never swear or cuss and even chastised others for doing so, but since becoming an MT (especially with MModal), with all these horrendous dictators and this buggy platform, if you listen from outside my office, you'd think someone locked a surly sailor with Tourettes in with me.  I've called dictators names that would make a construction worker blush.  I al ...

MModal ??
Jun 26, 2013

How long after being hired to get health insurance? I am currently with Nuance, my ex, who provides health insurance for our son just got laid off and lost health insurance. Our son has antiphospholipid syndrome., he is chronically on Coumadin, and he cannot go without health insurance. I cannot afford $735 a month to cover him and myself working at Nuance.  Thanks ...

Mmodal PI:
Sep 05, 2013

cupcakes, candy filled mugs and T-shirts.  They look so happy, smiling.     Mmodal US:  We get NJA, the swamp board, UE (if we are lucky).  We live on edge and with constant worry.   I really am happy for the Filipinos, because I know this probably represents a wonderful opportunity for some of them.  Time for the rest of us to move on.  Whoever's last to leave the building, please turn off the lights.   ...

Ex-MModal
Sep 16, 2013

Left MModal 18 mos. ago and have been on here encouraging everybody that there is life after MQ/MM.  This week my wonderful clinic goes live with EMR.  The trainer won't even recognize transcription.  He is just adamant that the docs will enter everything themselves and when they don't, he is pushing Dragon Medical.  So I guess I was wrong.  I really thought I found a way out, but apparently not.  It was a great year and a half though.  ...

WOW MModal Is The New UPS
Oct 16, 2013

There is one area we do plan to adjust for 2014 which we expect will impact a very small percentage of our employees. If your spouse or domestic partner works and is eligible to receive health benefits in another qualified plan in 2014, you will be subject to a $100 per month surcharge if you elect to include them in the M*Modal healthcare plan.  Keep in mind that this cost applies only to working spouses and domestic partners, not to children or other dependents ...

MMODAL SUX
Feb 11, 2014

I am so sick of Mmodal.  I resigned recently and I keep getting letters to return things that I have never ever owned or received or stuff that I had sent back to them years ago.  The DEPOT apparently is as ignorant as the rest of them. SO glad I found  real job that pays, respects and appreciates their employees.  I have only one PC to return and they sent me five boxes and a bunch of labels and stating that I have in my possession 7 different things.... OMG.. what a joke!!! ...

Mmodal BK
Mar 08, 2014

There's no mention of the bankruptcy on their facebook page. I have an idea. Why don't we all head on over to there and write something. From what I've seen no one either knows about it or have their heads in the sand. I would be tickled to see that. ...

For All Of You Who Want To Sue Mmodal
Apr 06, 2014

can you specify exactly what laws they have broken?  Yes, we are all unhappy here, but I cannot see that they have done anything they cannot do legally. The last judgment against them was for witholding pay.  I think they are too smart to break laws again. What do you expect to gain anyway by suing a company that has filed bankruptcy, which is always a very smart business move to make if you can get away with it. ...

Only At MModal
Apr 08, 2014

Only at MModal would you get an audit report back from March with a score of 99.67 and feel like a total failure.  Also told I must contact QC for a mandatory review.     ...

Does MModal's
Jun 17, 2014

Fluency work with Windows 8 yet? ...

BOO MModal
Dec 15, 2014

I refused to work OT last week, gave them my reasons.  I think we should all let them know how we feel rather than just venting on here!  I know everyone will think this is a waste of time, but JUST DO IT!  Email either Shaw or our new CEO, tell them how we feel.  They cut our PTO, increased our insurance premiums, no rate increases ever yet they expect us to jump through hoops to get the backlog down.  For who???  Certainly doesn't benefit us, but gives them a ...

MModal ASR
Jan 11, 2015

into mushy gibberish today.  Bah! ...

Mmodal MOT
Apr 27, 2015

Just got an email from TSA asking, but not demanding MOT (yet).... Still not doing it. If every MT would agree to not doing MOT/OT, they might get the msg?... ...

MModal - Take This
May 05, 2015

and shove it. It's time to move on to retirement. Sing-A-Long.......... https://youtu.be/EPrSVkTRb24  ...

My New Mmodal
May 14, 2015

Don't get stressed, get fired. Don't get stressed, get fired.   Meaning I'm not going to worry about any of this garbage any more.  Was just given a really bad new account because I'm so special.  I'm going to be so out of here so soon. ...

Does Anyone Else Have The Problems With Mmodal That I Have?
Aug 19, 2010

It took a stupid pill.  It skips at least a fourth of the words, uses commas and back slashes like most people use salt and pepper of course skipping the words where it puts the commas in, puts in stuff that is not even close to what is dictated.  These companies pay for their stuff to be run through this ridiculous program.  Why are the bosses allowing this low quality to come through unless they own part of mmodal.  Does not make sense.   ...

Keystrokes And MModal
Dec 08, 2010

I was just wondering how others feel  about  the "MModal" Keystrokes has been using on some accounts.   ...

Transolutions And MModal?
Jun 08, 2011

I am wondering about the MModal platfrom and how it compares to other SR software.  Is it as good as Editscript?  How many lines, edited and typed, can you average an hour on MModal?  Thanks in advance. ...

What? 89 Employees From MMODAL Are
Aug 18, 2011

On the closing date of the merger, in addition to the restricted shares granted to Messrs. Finke, Koll and Fritsch and to encourage other employees of M*Modal to join the Company, the Company granted to 89 employees of M*Modal that became employees of the Company or one of its subsidiaries up to an aggregate of 391,782 restricted shares of the Company's common stock. For each such employee, such employee's restricted shares will vest proportionally over a three-year period based ...

So, Its MModal, Formerly MedQuist
Jan 24, 2012

How many can we list now? ...

I Don't Think MModal Wants Quality From Its MTs
Feb 20, 2012

When the clients then complain, I can just see them pushing their EPIC or whatever fast-food medical record software they have and saying, "see, our software has less errors than the transcriptionists."  ...

Mmodal Equipment
Mar 19, 2012

Does anyone know if Mmodal provides computer equipment to their MTs?  I've got a very, very slow computer and I'm kinda scared to apply for some the jobs advertised because of this. ...