A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Little giggle on the painful subject - ke

Posted: Jul 11, 2011

Found this on an educational site.  Made me giggle a little.  How accurate is this?  My favorite is the first line in the 2nd paragraph and the last line of the 3rd.  Ya, right.

Medical transcription jobs are forecasted to increase 11% from 2008 until 2018.  This increase in jobs is greater than average for other occupations.  As the average age of the population increases, the demand for transcriptionist services will also increase.  Older age groups receive proportionately more treatments, procedures requiring documentation, and medical testing.  The increasing requirement for electronic medical records to be shared easily among medical providers, 3rd party-payers, regulators, medical information systems, and consumers will increase the need for more transcription services. 

Consequently, the medical transcriptionist salary will increase and bring greater amounts of qualified MTs into the industry.  An increased number of medical transcriptionists are going to be required to produce medical reports, revise documents for emerging speech recognition technologies, and continually edit medical transcription reports to their final minimum accuracy requirement of 98.5%.  - Resource: US Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics -

Medical transcription income is often enhanced by additional benefits like 401K retirement plans, paid vacations, medical/dental insurance, as well as lucrative dividends!  The medical transcriptionist salary will remain above average for stay at home jobs well into the future as predicted by top US labor professionals.

MQ needs to read this perhaps--nm - ke

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Giggles - Mttoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I read this while job searching a day or so ago, and my eyes got really wide.

LOL - my lunch just came out my nose when - I read that fairytale! What a farce.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Let's All Have A Giggle.
Aug 15, 2014

"The patient just came back from a trip to Colorado and enjoyed himself immensely." ...

NJA -not To Change The Subject... But Anyone Else
Mar 20, 2014

running out of work AGAIN!!!! ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

This Made Me Giggle...thought I'd Share
Oct 04, 2013

Doctor dictates: "The patient stated that the cat was running out of the house over the fence and was going to get attacked by 2 dogs.  She tried to save the cat. She pulled the cat. The cat got scared and bit her. The cat feels bad." ...

Painful Arms
Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie! ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

Painful Fingers/wrists - Suggestions?
Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is. ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

Giggle For Day - "Ampulla Of Vodka" On ERCP
Jun 12, 2013

:) ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Podiatry Help - S/l Hammertoe With Painful "hum-oh-mo Molly."
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you! ...