A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whoa ... did any of you get that email from the TSM - in the western region?

Posted: Jan 06, 2014

Mandatory night and weekend schedule changes, beginning immediately for every person on this BOB, but that this is currently becoming a company-wide requirement.  Calls for schedule changes are going out this week and everyone has been asked to begin getting prepared to make the switch and to have talks with families about the upcoming work schedule changes.  The fewer nights and weekends you currently work, the sooner you will be contacted about making the switch. Switches to other regions to keep your current  schedule isn't an option because other regions have been instructed not to accept new transfers unless the employee is willing to work nights and weekends. 

Coming soon to a region near you-mandatory schedule changes to meet the demands of the clients to fit more of a 24/7 demand.  So be on the lookout, seems to be a new change within the entire company.

Already happened in the North mid last year. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
My schedule was already crappy enough :-D. I was already working weekends and nights.

Why do Americans have to switch to cover nights and weekends? - Isnt that what India is for???? sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess they cant hack it, so Americans have to pick up their slack. They suck, cant do the work properly, it wastes so much time and money to have them doing the work in the first place. Global 24/7 coverage was a good concept, but the global workers just cant produce the quality. It's amazing the MTSOs can't or won't acknowledge this.

Just send all the d*m work back here and have it done right the first time, on time. Pay decent and Americans would take night and weekend shifts in a fair rotation.

It's about time - XYZ

[ In Reply To ..]
Every other MTSO requires employees (ALL ... not SOME) to work at least ONE weekend day, and some already require both one weekend shift and one night time shift. MM is the one and only company I know of that still allows MTs to believe they are too good to work anything outside of a M-F 9-5 shift.

I've been with MM for 15 years and I've worked some night shifts and some weekend shifts since I started here and I'm beyond tired of the attitude of "entitlement" that some employees have, that they get the cushy day shifts because of their so-called seniority. I would loveloveLOVE to see this requirement finally . It's about time.

The rest of us have families who want to spend time with us at night and on the weekends just like everyone else.

Companies used to hire part-timers wanting extra - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
income to work evenings and weekends & the day shifts were the full-time positions. That worked out great for everyone for years and years. I guess that was just too much trouble for the poor corporations.

I have always had at least one weekend day - at mmodal..sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Matter of fact, when I came here they promised me days and I took one weekend shift..Then I quit my other company and come here to find out my shift is 11 am to 7 pm..Seriously? sucks I can't get anything done, nor pick up any kind of part time job, so 5 days a week are shot to hell, never would have quit the other place..

Is there still a pay differential or is that long gone? - IVMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been hearing about this becoming a requirement across the board so I'm not surprised to hear that it is being implemented in the western region. It's a matter of time before it is announced in the eastern region as well. Apparently, MM is having a super hard time keeping their accounts in TAT and are being dinged with fines left and right.

Is there still a differential for working nights and weekends? Years ago there was an incentive but if they've done away with that it could be a big reason why they're having trouble getting workers to voluntarily give up nights and/or weekends with their family. If they would sweeten the deal by getting up off of some differential money this might be a non issue.

EXACTLY ... and production bonuses - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Those 2 things right there would help a LOT and go miles in enticing people to work nights and weekends and have to be tons less expensive than what they're paying out in "mandatory OT" or fines for being out of TAT.

Look if I know I'm going to earn the exact same amount working during the week when my kids are in school, as I would working nights and weekends,or that I'm going to earn the exact same rate of pay with 30,000 lines as I am 20,000 lines, nothing, absolutely nothing, is going to entice me to *voluntarily* work nights and weekends or put out more lines.

Maybe these 2 factors are the whole reason why MModal is having such a hard time with TAT fines and night/weekend coverage. There is absolutely NO incentive for us to put out more work, or for us to take those shifts, other than to bail out the TSM. Sorry, they will have to force me because I would never voluntarily sign on for that - not for the exact same rate of pay I earn working my M-F, 9-5.

The original excuse for using Indians was that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they would be working our overnight shift, which is their day shift, so we wouldn't have to. They've slashed my income in half even though I'm working even harder fighting this awful ASR, cut my PTO, and threw me in a pool with a ton of accounts. I will not work nights and weekends for minimum wage.

You may not have a choice soon - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When this becomes mandatory, you may not have a choice. And if you refuse you may end up unemployed, making that minimum wage look like a million bucks.

That's what they're counting on.

Thought one weekend shift was already mandatory. - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told years ago, if I did not change my M-F shift and work at least one weekend shift, my resignation would be accepted, no exceptions. I wanted Sunday off, so I work Saturday. I just wanted 2 days off in a row, no split days off.

I think when people are hired now, it is not a choice - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
But some employees have been "grandfathered" into M-F/9-5 and have never been expected to switch their schedules. It sounds like that's about to change.

Why hire people for first shift & then force them - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to change to a crap shift? Why not just hire some for specific weekend and evening positions in the first place?! Bait and switch.

IMHO, I think you just have a really bad TSM who - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
doesn't know how to maintain her scheduling properly. There's no need whatsoever to force everyone in the BOB to change their shifts. Thank goodness I have a good TSM who knows how to do her job. Good luck to you.

It's not a "TSM" issue ... it's company-wide - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good, bad or otherwise, all TSMs will be moving to this regardless of their scheduling capabilities. This is not a TSM decision - it's a corporate one.

My TSM is taking voluntary schedule changes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to accommodate the BOB demands and minor tweaks. She is putting forth the extra effort to avoid major changes to our schedules that we did not sign up for. I feel fortunate to be in her BOB.
Mine was doing that too, except ... - wiley
[ In Reply To ..]
... she said no one was volunteering so now she's being forced into doing it the corporate way - making it mandatory. She said 75% of her team was on board working Monday - Friday day shifts and the work was sitting and building with no one on board Saturdays and Sundays. So now she said she is done asking for volunteers and corporate is forcing her now to do it THEIR way - by making it mandatory.

I sure hope for your sake there are lots and lots of generous people in your BOB stepping right up for night and weekend work otherwise the corporate mandated changes might be coming your way next.

I am not doing that, they can lay me off. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish they would just lay me off. I have one more year here and then going to retire.

Why? Is it beneath you to work a weekend or night shift? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is EXACTLY what was mentioned in the post above - this sense of "entitlement" that some people have that they are too good to work anything but a weekday shift.

It drives me crazy. If being stuck with a crappy weekend or night shift is good enough for me, it's good enough for you. No one is "immune" or better than anyone else in this company - you should know that by now.

I dont mind working one weekend day - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But I signed on here for a day shift specifically and I have other obligations after and above this. You just cannot say guess what now you work so and so, there are other factors involved, other jobs, family responsibilities, etc. Stop hiring people for days and hire for evenings and there is no problem. Wondering if they force you to change and you refuse because of other obligations and you get fired if you can collect U/E.
I think anytime they are not able to fulfill their terms of employment - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You should be able to collect UE on that. The problem that I foresee is if they fight the claim, saying they tried to offer alternative scheduling, therefore they made "every effort" to fulfill their terms of employment, and the employee's claim gets denied because the employee refused to comply.

Just think of all the UE claims they could get out of, by making this mandatory schedule change, and having people refuse it. Who needs a mass layoff? The employee wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
But suppose you could show say college courses - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Or maybe medical reasons why you cant do it. I personally medically cannot handle a night shift. Hard enough to sit here all day but nights just not going to work

I've paid my dues on nights and weekends for years. I was - sm Not the poster above

[ In Reply To ..]
hired for a daytime position. I personally have way too many family obligations, including taking care of an elderly relative, that tie up my evenings and nights now, which is why I applied and was hired for a daytime position. I have honored the terms of my contract and agreements made upon hire. They should do the same.

Anon, you have some serious problems - and no clue

[ In Reply To ..]
Saying it is "beneath" someone, or they are "too good" to work the same shift as you is absolutely ridiculous. You do not actually know of any person's situation and why they work the shift they do, and your accusations are not only insulting and rude, but obviously show how clueless you are.

The same could be said for someone who signed on to work nights or weekends and are asked to switch to week days. It simply is not the shift they signed on for and there are reasons for that. I have very important and personal reasons for working the shift I do. If I were told I had to change, I simply would have to give up the job....not because it is "beneath" me as you say, or that I am "too good" for it. Your rudeness and insults really have absolutely no creditability in making a valid point of any kind.
well I kind of know where she's coming - from
[ In Reply To ..]
I too don't feel very sympathetic towards people who don't think they should have to help out on the weekends.
Help out on the weekends? It is not their shift! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your shift is your shift, whether it is day, afternoon, overnight, weekends, etc. If a person works first shift M-F for 40 hours, helping out on the weekends is called OT!

People do agree at hire to work evenings and/or weekends. Many prefer that because of other jobs. If they are asked to "help out" during the week, that is also OT, and certainly not convenient to them either. You cannot have this attitude toward people who work their shift just because it is not the same as yours.

I am first shift M-F. I put in 40 hours and I have never refused to help out on the weekends, but 40 hours is 40 hours and anything more is OT. On my accounts there is more work during the week than on the weekend, so why would someone move me to the weekend if the work is going out of TAT during the week? If I did change my shift and worked evenings and the weekend, I would not want someone to ask me to work during the week either. You just can't have it both ways. My problem with ANON was suggesting that someone felt doing so is "beneath" them, or they are "too good" to work hours they were not hired for. That is absurd.
Have you even READ the rest of this thread? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you had read the rest of this thread you would've seen that we weren't talking about OT or helping out "extra" AT ALL.
Yes, I read it. Did you read what I said? - Still clueless
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because someone does not work the same shift as you does not mean they consider themselves "too good," or it is "beneath" them. It means they have reasons for choosing the shift that they were hired to work....the same as someone who chooses nights and weekends. If you are not working a shift that is to your liking or you are asked to work a different shift that you do not want, I don't believe anyone is holding a gun to your head to do it. You accept it or you do not. This is not an "entitlement" attitude as you suggest, and your insults may apply to a very few, but not all.

Now, if you read this and still do not understand, reply again and I will try to state it in terms that you can understand without insulting you or belittling you.

Shift differential? - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Does mm offer shift differential for nights? I know they don't for weekends because I'm on every Sunday and don't get anything extra. If they'd offer me double time for overnights, hell yeah I'd put in a couple. lol Actually, how can anyone ever plan to cover shifts in this biz? You never know if some doc is going to play catch-up and dictate 100 summaries or if there's just a low census at the hospital or if there's a full moon and the psych ward fills up suddenly. You just never know.

a little - not much

[ In Reply To ..]
and it doesn't apply to QA, but does apply to SR and transcription.

Similar Messages:

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Enough With The RadMT Bashing Already
Jul 12, 2011

75 cents to a dollar may be good for BEGINNING RadMTs, but it is hardly fair for a RadMT who has been doing it for 10 years or more!  When they offer an acute care MT 5 or 6 cents a line, people lose their minds!  Actually, I have seen mobs lose their minds when offered 7 or 8 cents!  So why should we settle?  $1.20 is hardly fair when you have been making more than $1.50!  Literally, some of us lost thousands of dollars a year!  Personally I started out makin ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Whoa ... The Work Is Totally WIPED OUT...
Jan 01, 2014

I checked the work load last night before bed to see if I would have much to do this morning.  There was a TON ... as in, every account in the western region looked backed up, not just my accounts.  I checked 5 minutes ago and there are less than 20 facilities with work.  I've noticed this exact same thing on other holidays too.  I honestly don't think the global employees could've knocked out that much work overnight.  I doubt it seriously.  What I ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

New Email Regarding The "migartion" Of Email.
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

MDI Email
Oct 11, 2009

I haven't been able to get on my MDI email for several hours.  Anyone else having this problem? ...

Did Anyone Get A Second Email That Said
Mar 17, 2010

something like "correction to previous" email regarding line rate increase.  At first I thought,  okay, that virtually nil line raise WAS a mistake and now they will be giving us a  more reasonable raise.  Nope, it was the same exact amount.    They said correction but nothing was changed.........unless I'm missing something, but I stared at that email for while.......  ...

Where Is My Email?
Jun 28, 2010

I log into MQ Central and go to My Community.  My email is not there.  I get an error message.  What is going on?? ...

Well I Just Got An Email...
Jun 03, 2010

From my region's SVP of OPs.  Apparently my CCM is no longer my CCM.  I guess what I've read here is correct and they get rid of the good ones because my CCM rocked!  She was not just the best I'd had at MQ but one of the top managers I've ever had anywhere in any job.  Now I just wanna cry. ...

Just Got Email From CCM
Jun 21, 2010

wanting everyone to work a weekend day.  I personally can only work M-F and was hired on as such.  I know some people probably already have mandated weekend shifts, but I have another job I work weekends.  I wonder what would happend if I refuse to work weekends?  Maybe I'd get fired and then be able to collect unemployment and do the TAA for retraining.  ...

No Email Yet!!!
Aug 02, 2010

We have not had email for a week now.  I called support and they said that they are having problems.  What if there is something important we need to know, will they call us?  Hmmmfff. Anyone else have this problem. ...

MQ Email MIA
Aug 17, 2010

Is anyone else not able to access MQ Email?  Mine has been down for about a week now. ...

CMT Email From MQ
Aug 20, 2010

An email was sent out encouraging us to get our CMT or RMT.  Why?  Oh oh oh, because we MAY be eligible for a line increase of 0.005.  Not WILL be eligible - MAY be eligible.  I'll run right out and do that.  ...

My Email From CCM
Aug 20, 2010

throughout the WHOLE COMPANY.  No jobs all day and no helper pool because of low work volumes.  Anyone else out of work or running low or is it just our group being targeted it.   ...

Another Email Saying They Don't Need Us...
Sep 02, 2010

"MedQuist is migrating all of our DEP direct dictate customers to our new state of the art DocQvoice dictation capture system.  DocQvoice is providing the latest in technology capabilities that support additional redundancy for our primary and secondary telephony carriers along with database replication and application failover between our primary and secondary data centers.  This will ensure 100% direct dictation capacity capabilities if the production environment should become unavai ...

Anybody Else Get This Email?
Sep 28, 2010

This email talks about how unhappy a certain hospital is with our work and talks about omitted text, incorrect medical terminology and threatens performance management?  Wonder what's going on now? ...

HA! Just Got Email From CCM
Oct 22, 2010

asking for volunteers to help out during Hindu holiday in November. Sign me up...not.  Can't wait for my new job to start next month (NOT MT) and getting out of this Indian-owned company. Many wonderful years doing MT (10 at MQ) and I will really miss it, but have to eat and keep a roof over my head.  Gone are the good 'ol days when this profession could support a family. I really feel sorry for all the newbies coming out of school and have school loans to try and pay of ...

On And Off MQ Email
Nov 24, 2010

Seems like every other day my MQ email goes down.  Anyone else?  No communication, now work, no email---does anything in this stinkin company work? ...

Just Got An Email - W2s Now Available On ADP. NM
Jan 20, 2011

NM ...

Is There Anyway To Have Your Email
Feb 24, 2012

automatically forwarded or retrieved via another program from Mmodal's webmail?  That's the crappiest webmail setup I've ever seen & you have to go through a couple of different screens to even get to your mail...  It would be so much more convenient to have my hotmail, gmail, or outlook express retrieve it. ...

About The New Email
Jun 22, 2012

I already use Windows Live Mail.  So I went in there and added my MModal email address.  I had to verify it and I did that.  But now what?  It doesn't show up anywhere.  Where do I receive the mail?  I have looked all over the Live Mail "options" and I can't figure it out.  ...

Just Got An Email For
Oct 31, 2012

7 cents/line text and 3 cents/line speech rec for IC.  People, please DO NOT ACCEPT THESE OFFERS.  We MUST set a standard here and not accept these LOW PAYING jobs and force this industry to stop this!  PLEASE! ...