A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does this type of MT company exist? - Not appreciated

Posted: Feb 08, 2014

Does anyone out there actually work for any MT company that gives you praise or positive feedback?  Does anyone work for a company that says, "Thank you" or "Good job"? I know these MT companies wont hesitate to call you out on errors or mistakes or call you day and night to log in and work....but does anyone actually work for a company who appreicates them?  I am just curious if there really is an MT company who truly and genuinely appreciates its workers.

I do not care about pats on the head - I care about my paycheck

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't give a diddly about a pat on the head. Just pay me well. I have gotten out of MT completely--not because I didn't get pats on the head, but because my pay decreased to a ridiculous amoujnt.

I don't need positive feedback, I need money. Back in the day, I did not have pats on the head, but they were paying me extremely well, and that's all I cared about.

I also did not mind feedback when I messed up. It's how we learn.

I've received one pat on the head, but... - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Many more "shame on you" for the doctor's demographic errors, "how dare you use two spaces between sentences" even though it isn't in the specs and "I know your way is right, but we want you to do it the wrong way". So that one little pat which was "you're very good" didn't mean much.

When I supervised hospital MTs . . . - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I was constantly taking the hospitals management training and they put a huge emphasis on employee moral. I worked under a great manager and the employees (nearly 100) were all happy and VERY productive. It worked. The dept was in the top 4 highest ratings on employee evaluations and moral in the country and they had several hospitals in each state. Good moral works under normal, fair circumstances. Then there are the MTSOs which is a whole different ballgame. If we were to read their management training books we would probably learn to isolate MTs so they could not compare notes, belittle them, destroy their confidence and make give them no job security and no chance to comfortably retire. Personally I think this is due to untrained people trying to manage in what has become a cut-throat business. Very sad.

In NYC, I've worked for many large & small - Kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
hospitals, medical centers, and clinics, both on a temp & permanent basis. Without exception, I ALWAYS felt valued and appreciated; this made me want to do an exemplary job and when required, to go the "extra mile" for them.

Not so with the MTSO exploitation. I do the minimum I'm required to do, which is much more than I'm paid for. End of story.

Supervisint MTs - noneya

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right. There is no such thing as boosting moral or even caring much about it in this companies. They only care about the bottom line and how much money they make. It doesn't matter if it comes from the clients our straight out of employee's pockets. They need to realize we are NOT the enemy and if they treated us better and worked with us, instead of against us, they could see better production, higher retention rates, etc. I could go on all day. You are so right that a lot of untrained managers make it worse as well. They often don't seem to have a clue on how to manage anyone.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but pats on the head....SM - Kitty

[ In Reply To ..]
nor feed my kids, put gas in the car or pay my mortgage.

won't pay my bills. Of course, it feels good to feel appreciated, but it's rare in biz.

The way we're exploited by them is an outrage and at this point, I would consider any "pat on the head" a condescending insult. Let them keep their pats.

In reply to your post - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep.

needing praise - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is a personal issue. My thanks is my money deposited twice a month.

I've always wondered about people who need to be praised and why they would get into MT where you generally work from home and are isolated.

Maybe you need an office job where your job can fulfill all of your needs?

Probably because when they started in MT - there was no such thing

[ In Reply To ..]
as working from home and they used an IBM Selectric. Lots of us have been in MT long before the work at home, divide and conquer strategy started.

I always pass on to my subs either way - MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I always pass the complaints and/or compliments on to the subcontractor who is actually working the account. Most of the people who work for me do go above and beyond. Hate companies where the only kind of feedback given is the negative one. This is why many of my subs have been with me 10+ years.

Similar Messages:

Does This Exist?
Aug 20, 2010

* A hospital that DOES NOT use voice and still employs Radiology transcriptionists?  * An established service (one that will not go belly-up next week) that is not a sweatshop, offers a solid benefits package, does not use voice, still employes Radiology transcriptionists, and doesn't require six different programs to do the job? I like the fact that there are only TWO programs (Dictaphone and VPN) used in my hospital job, as they don't jam up and/or slow down my PC.  ...

Does This Still Exist?
Dec 03, 2011

Hi, I'm looking for a FT radiology gig, typing, that pays 0.08 per line and doesn't have a tight turnaround time (several hours, not 20 minutes). Does this even still exist?  Thanks. ...

Do These Exist...
Apr 09, 2013

Are there any good sites to go to for online billing/coding jobs to work at from home? I am looking for something remote, but not sure who can be trusted and who can’tâ€Â¦they all look tempting, I just don’t want to be scammed. ...

Can Anybody Tell Me About Medivoxx? Do They Still Exist?
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Does The CMT Credential Still Exist?
Feb 23, 2013

Does the CMT credential still exist?  Do people still sit for that exam and get that credential?  ...

They Exist, I Heard Them
Feb 20, 2015

A hospital where the doctors dictate correctly, the ASR works very well, and the audio is clear. Not my account, of course, mine sucks royally, it was an overflow. No wonder some people are happy and the rest of us are miserable. How do I get a good account? Whose tail must I kiss, not that I would, just curious. So not fair. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of This Company MRT Babble Type
May 11, 2011

Has anyone ever did work for this company? MRT Babbly Type previously MRT Service I did some work, they were offering $1 per audio minute (I was skeptical) and they continue to email about working on projects (but I didn't) the minute I asked about payment for the work I did I never heard from them again. I'm just curious to know has anyone else did work for this company and got/or didn't get paid. ...

We Type Transcription Company Is Unbelievable
May 16, 2011

This company is unbelievable....sent resume to them to get a letter back from stating that I had to have a proof of passing a certified HIPAA course which ok I get that but then it goes on to state that they want proof of having $300,000 of general liability insurance and want $250 dollars from me as a deposit on their software. Here is the biggest kicker.....they pay 7 cents a line.  That is ridiculous. ...

Wow, Lee Perfect Seems To Want Something That Doesn't Exist
Aug 19, 2010

Did you see their latest job ad? They seem to want perfection, but I bet they don't give perfection. ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Good Companies To Work For? Do They Exist Any Longer?
Dec 01, 2011

:) ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

All Type Pay?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what pay range All Type starts off at?  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have a test to complete and before I invest my time taking it, I wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks ahead of time. ...