A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

With the QC bonus now making us miserable - about our quality of work

Posted: Aug 07, 2013

I'm curious as to why Nuance would do this? Why would they give QC a bonus and make ours so darn hard to acheive? Why would they allow QC to continue to make up bogus errors to only make us look really bad?  I think I know. If they show their clients that the US based MTs have worse qulaity than the India based MTs and are more expensive, they could switch over 100% of their client base to India and get rid of all of us and the expense of having us like future Obamacare insurance, P/R taxes, WC ins, etc.  Our TSMs don't give a damn because they can still manage India.  Just my intuition on this. What they are doing appears to be so dumb business-wise, it's hard to believe they are still in business by making such dumb decisions. But they are not dumb, not at all. It is all very deliberate.  Stacking the cards against US based employees to lower their overhead. 

*quality - sorry :/ No message - proofed

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would tend to agree but... - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
I do think there is something up for sure, but if they wanted to get rid of the US MTs why are they placing ads to hire US MTs and QC?? They would just have adds for India or the Phillipines right?

edit drafts-qc making us miserable - peaceout

[ In Reply To ..]
they need us to make these drafts all e-mode and correct before they can send them offshore!

Yep that's why QC/QA ramp up - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
Their trying to get VR to "learn" to a greater degree which means a more consistent editing process, explaining the 100% QA/QC system they've put in place. Once we are all editing the same way, making every word count, VR will learn.

Agree with Peaceout - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Train the equipment and keep a full staff with a lot of MTs quitting, have to hire to fill the void. Or,possibly to show that "see we tried and tried to hire but they all quit or aren't any good". Remember, there is always a reason for their actions. They don't do things haphazardly.

Not a chance India MTs have better quality... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
as a whole. No way, no how. I absolutely have to give them credit for doing work that isn't in their native language (something I could *never* do) but there are nuances (pardon the pun) to American English that I just don't think most ESL MTs are ever going to get. Kind of like that "corrected" QC report someone recently posted on the board - pt had gone to beach and was playing with a pail (or something like that) - "pail" was changed to "pale" by QC.

Nuance says they have an MT quality bonus because a experienced and good MT who is looking at Nuance as an employer would think "yippee."

They have the QC bonus to ensure that Nuance will never have to pay another MT bonus - fewer QCs, I'm sure.

Best solution would be to drop all bonuses, quick the unbelievable nitpicking, and get back to the business at hand which *should* be providing accurate reports in a timely manner. Worrying about whether or not a comma is appropriate (which I think is subjective a lot of the time) is a waste of everyone's time - MT, QC, and client.

note to self - proof before posting - corrections

[ In Reply To ..]
"an experienced" MT, not "a experienced."

And "quit" nitpicking, not "quick."

UGH!

Wow. (edited: this is in response to NuAnon below) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
""An MT who was put out of work because Nuance was taking over her hospital applied to Nuance for a TSM position with a view to transitioning to QA. The recruiter explained the QA compensation and incentive plan to her. She said it doesn't seem fair to be so harsh on the MT's, aren't you trying to help them to be better? That is not the point, replied the recruiter, the point is improving the drafts. We want the drafts to be perfect before we offshore the accounts. That is what we have been doing this whole year, perfecting the drafts. (well hahahaha, we know about that... but anyway). The goal is to have 80-90% of all work offshore by 2015."

I couldn't figure out why they would make such a stupid business decision (bad morale, QA over-editing, etc.) but it all makes sense now. Also why they are training/using offshore QA.

check out mymt.me on FB - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just saw this posted, you have to look at Laura Mann Bryan's post and expand it to see the comments. It is not verified, and passed on anonymously, but it would explain one possible reason for what is going on.

EXACTLY!! Thank you!! - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is exactly what I figured was going on!!!

Post on mymt.me FB - Anon

Sent to me anonymously. "An MT who was put out of work because Nuance was taking over her hospital applied to Nuance for a TSM position with a view to transitioning to QA. The recruiter explained the QA compensation and incentive plan to her. She said it doesn't seem fair to be so harsh on the MT's, aren't you trying to help them to be better? That is not the point, replied the recruiter, the point is improving the drafts. We want the drafts to be perfect before we offshore the accounts. That is what we have been doing this whole year, perfecting the drafts. (well hahahaha, we know about that... but anyway). The goal is to have 80-90% of all work offshore by 2015."

I wouldn't believe a word that fb page says - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought we were not supposed to advertise other mt sites here. Anyway, this is just a way to get people to look at that page so she can get 4 pp for as many people as possible. SCAM

Similar Messages:

Totally Stressed Over Making Bonus
Aug 27, 2012

I know I have a month to go yet, but today I checked Fiesa, and I am down to 99.19% with only a little over a month to go. I hate that it will affect the next entire quarter. Why can't they be reasonable and at least do monthly. Without bonus I will not be able to make ends meet. I know, I know, I'm not alone. Just had to vent. I am so stressed out and hate it! I really want to find another job, but it sounds like the grass is not any greenier anywhere else.  ...

If Your So Miserable Here
Mar 25, 2013

Why do you stay? We ALL know this is a dieing field. We ALL have taken paycuts. If your young take control of YOUR destiny and do something about it...If this wasnt a last career for me, I certainly would retrain and do something different. The object of a job is to love it and make the most money possible doing the least amount of work. Find what you love and move on.. Im not being mean, just saying..Who loves this job? I dont, I dont hate it, it pays the extra bills..and Ill stay. But i ...

MT's Are Among Some Of The Most Nasty, Miserable...
Sep 30, 2013

People I've ever come across. Time after time on this board, I've seen people ask simple questions that only require simple answers. But it never fails that someone, and usually more than one person, has to add nastiness,  or rudeness in their answers. Some of you go out of your way to try to bring people down, make them feel bad, belittle them, etc. Will a little kindness kill you? I hate to think some of you act this way to people offline. But I guess it's the whole being b ...

I Hate 6.1! I Just Thought I Was Miserable Before
Sep 09, 2010

My line count is circling the drain. This is the most gawdawful program they have ever come up with. I hate no more "End of Session" button. The numbering system is cool, but doesn't make up for the rest of the crap. If it wasn't for the health insurance, I would be outta here. ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Regarding A September Thread About MTs Being "nasty, Miserable" People
Oct 07, 2013

Quote from your post: " MT's are among some of the most nasty, miserable... People I've ever come across."    I'm a little late to the party, but here's my 2 cents for the OP: You appear to be the kind of person who pulls 1 green M&M out of a bag and then assumes all M&Ms in that bag must be green.  There are nearly 100,000 MTs in the US, but only about 400 visit this board.  Do you see where I'm going with this, or do I have to ...

Making Less And Less
Oct 17, 2009

First there was line count....then there was ASR.....now there is MME. Does anyone know how much less they are making doing MME?  I just started and I am not making any money. Who is doing the work on the accounts that we used to do? ...

Making Even Less
Oct 20, 2009

I have just been switched to another BoB because we lost several accounts in the BoB I was in....now I have to learn all new accounts....at 3 cpl I will end up owing MQ money!! ...

How Much Are You Making?
Feb 21, 2010

Hey everyone.  I am just curious as to what everyone makes these days (if you are being paid by the line) and how long should you stay at that rate before you ask for more/raise your price? I've been at 12 cents per line for the past 3.5 years and I don't know how much more I should ask for.  I don't want to ask for too much, yet I don't want to sell myself short.  I am just thankful to even have my job so I don't want to rub anyone the wro ...

To Me2 Making 40K
Jun 17, 2010

Just have to ask, how much ASR do you do? Are you able to fly through at high speed without going back to proof and still getting strong audit? Do you have several dictators with several formats or a handful with all the same format? Your credentials are impressive but there are only so many things you can do to make that kind of money anymore and it is painful for me to know you are able to make that much at the same company, doing the same kind of work. Also, how much time would you say you ...

Making More Than Me
Nov 29, 2010

Just found out through the grapevine that someone was hired at my company at a higher cpl that I was offered.  I have been there since June and was offered a low rate compared to most MTSO companies.  But it did get me off the midnight shift at a different company, which I would have stayed with had I been given the opportunity to change shifts.  She was offered 2 cpl more for straight and 1.75 cpl more for ASR.   I also have more years in the profession than she does, a ...

MAKING $$
Jan 15, 2011

Can I make over $35,000 with Medquist? ...

Anybody Making Over 30K On SR?
Sep 30, 2011

How in the heck are you supposed to make any money doing SR?  Is it possible?  I make good money as a transcriptionist and have avoided SR up to now.  Now my company is transitioning over and I'm contemplating running for the door. I don't see how it's possible to make any money when you get paid half the cpl that you would make for transcribing.  I generally transcribe as fast as the dictator talks (unless they're really crappy, of course).  You stil ...

Am I The Only One Making
Dec 11, 2012

Input is appreciated, thank you! ...

So, If You Are On 100% QA Does That Mean You Are Only Making 1 Cpl? Nm
Feb 26, 2013

xx ...

DSG Bonus- No Thanks
Dec 22, 2011

again with the Walmart card.  Some people hate Walmart and won't shop there.  Don't they know this?  Oh well, at least I can give it away to a homeless or battered women's shelter and put it to good use. ...

Does Anyone Ever Get A Bonus? Sm
May 17, 2012

I wonder how many people actually receive one and if so how much.  Also, has anyone heard whether they are going to make the QA score a pay period score instead of a quarterly score? ...

So, Who Got The QA Bonus?
Jan 15, 2014

So, who got 99.5+% accuracy and got the Q1 QA bonus? Anyone? ...

Bonus Pay
Apr 01, 2014

Can anyone tell me what type of bonus pay on top of line count and how it is calculated? ...

Q2 BONUS
Jul 30, 2014

Thank you for my Q2 bonus, the first ever for me. However, I really could have used the money during the last 3 months. If divided up over those 3 months, I would not have had to borrow money for food. Please reconsider this punitive bonus plan you have. The money would be better served in my paychecks. Plus, all taxes deducted out of this bonus check is almost 50%. If that money would have been on a regular paycheck, the deduction would be more like 30%. This is punitive to MLSs in more wa ...

Q2 Bonus Not There
Jul 31, 2014

I've been anticipating my Q2 bonus for 3 months now and I look today and nope, not there!  I made the required lines, QA postaudit was 99.56% so I made that too.  What else could have held it up?  I mean darn it, I worked my butt off for that! ...

TAT Bonus
Aug 19, 2014

Dear TSM:  You're welcome for us MTs keeping things in TAT.  Glad you're so thrilled.  How about you just quietly enjoy the bonus we earned for you rather than sending us blithering thank you emails.  Most of us know by now that you receive this bonus off our backs, so your gushy emails simply smack of rubbing that fact in.  I don't feel appreciated at all when I read them; I feel completely taken advantage of.  ...

Bonus
Dec 20, 2014

If I leave Nuance before the end of January, would I still get my upcoming quarterly bonus if I qualified for it? Also do they pay you for your unused vacation days? ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

TO THOSE MAKING THE BUCKS
Nov 12, 2009

To those making 50+ K a year: I'm glad to know that in this industry it is still possible to make a decent living! I LOVE transcription!  I've been an at-home MT for about 5 years and see the potential, but seem to get easily distracted being at home and get restless and can't sit still.  What is it that you are doing to stay focused on your work?  Is it really about working weekends and second, third shifts?  Please share! I'm stuck at around 25K, when ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Making Pleurals
Jan 13, 2011

This dictator is saying "glute-i" to make gluteus a pleural.  I can't document a correct spelling for the pleural form of gluteus.  Thoughts?   ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

I Need Help With Making VR Work For Me...
Mar 17, 2011

I'm really apparently missing the magic that is needing to make VR work for me.  Please if there is someone out there that can provide me with some insight on this, I would be forever grateful.  I am struggling with getting to even 150 lph which is overwhelmingly disheartening given that prior to recently having to become a traditional employee again due to a massive life change after 20+ years as a small business owner of a small MTSO I was QAing and/or typing upwards of 250 ...