A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Indiana University Health to cut 800 jobs! - Mom22dogs

Posted: Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country!

http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs

Here is the e-mail they sent to employees:

http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf

tip of the iceberg - and now it starts

[ In Reply To ..]
Expect to see more and more of this news as obama-scare goes into full effect.

Too bad we didn't get a single-payer, nonprofit system! - NotHappyWithTHis

[ In Reply To ..]
Instead we got some sort of ugly compromise deal.

that'd be just dandy, wouldn't it? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
this stuff ain't new. as soon as gov't get its hands on healthcare, costs go up and (paraphrasing) "some people live; some people die."
Oh, yes, much better to have corporate cowboys - making these decisions.
[ In Reply To ..]
Because that sure has been working out great, hasn't it???

As a US citizen having lived many years abroad in a civilized European country, I find it really sad that people in this country are so threatened by the idea of a government guaranteeing healthcare to all its citizens. Boy, oh boy, I really miss the NHS.

This is one of many. - mtwith6yearstogo

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Indianapolis Hospitals CEO Pay Rises More - Than 15%. $2.8 mil for IU CEO. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
BTW, the new name of this profit-chasing, taxpayer funded, so-called "nonprofit" is IU Health (corporation), and IU employed 26,596 in 12/2011.

Indianapolis Hospital CEO Pay Rises More Than 15%
Written by Bob Herman (Twitter | Google+) | March 20, 2012

Total compensation for the CEOs of Indianapolis' four largest health systems grew between 15 percent and 53 percent from 2008 to 2010, according to an Indianapolis Star report.

Indiana University Health President and CEO Dan Evans Jr. had the highest compensation of any Indianapolis-based health system CEO, earning more than $2.08 million in 2010. This figure is 17 percent higher than 2008. Not including Mr. Evans' retirement payments, his base salary jumped 19 percent from 2008, according to the report.

Vincent Caponi, president and CEO of St. Vincent Health, earned more than $1.86 million in 2010, up 44 percent from 2008. Robert Brody, president and CEO of Franciscan St. Francis Health, saw his compensation jump 53 percent from 2008 to 2010, totaling roughly $1.27 million. Bryan Mills, CEO of Community Health Network, received $1.35 million in 2010, a 15 percent increase from his predecessor, William Corley, who retired in 2009.

Lisa Harris, MD, CEO and medical director of Indianapolis' publicly-owned county hospital system, made far less than the top four executives. In 2011, she made $323,977, an increase of 10 percent from 2009, according to the

its because of ObamaCare - its a disaster - sarge2009

[ In Reply To ..]
and his lack of handling the economy, too much regulation, people scared of this law Obamacare and 17 trillion debt, sad times have not even begun yet

We're seeing widespread greed and corruption - from dismantling regulations that

[ In Reply To ..]
hampered greed and corruption. We got off the backs of business, all right. Don't like what you wrought under that mantra? I don't either.

Swallowing all those transparent lies hasn't worked out for you? At least those who did asked for it.

Maybe, maybe, maybe time to rethink?

They didn't dismantle regulations. They ADDED regulations - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
No one got OFF the backs of businesses. The government got ON the backs of businesses, especially small businesses that can't keep up and/or can't afford the new regulations without killing jobs or shutting down.

Every month or two they add more regulations and rules from EPA, HHS, DHS, just to name a few. Businesses can't keep up with them. Heck, some businesses no sooner get in compliance with the latest regulations when they come out with a new one and they have to start all over.

Just go to any website and look up the latest regulations for any government agency.

Not to mention the waivers to Obama's buds, unions, and this includes some corporations. sm - mtwith6yearstogo
[ In Reply To ..]
Medical costs will not go down with the universal healthcare mandate. The opposite actually. The reality of universal healthcare is that overall it is more expensive.

There are a finite number of doctors. Those doctors have to eat and run businesses, so they need money. This means they have to charge certain amount for their time or they will go broke and/or starve.

Now, you add the ability for every person with a minor toothache to tie up doctor's time on the taxpayer's dime and the doctors will be booked solid.

This will mean that people who aren't poor enough to have completely subsidized healthcare will then have to pay HIGH prices for time with doctors.
I forgot to add Congress to that, yes they get a waiver, the ruling class - mtwith6yearstogo
[ In Reply To ..]
versus the rest of us.
The rest of us ARE actually the ruling class. They - just rule in our absence. The vacuum thing.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It should be that way, that's what make this country different. Sadly, things are upside down. - mtwith6yearstogo
[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

IU Ball Memorial in Muncie, IN - augustlily

[ In Reply To ..]
They are getting rid of 100 people alone at IU Ball Memorial Hospital.

That is my hospital of choice. The Muncie newspaper ran an article about this not affecting patient care.

They will offer retirement to those folks and hopefully they won't compromise care at that hospital.

I really think they need to stop Obamacare until they work out the bugs. People are not going to wait years and years and pay fees because they can't get an insurance policy. What are people going to do who cannot afford to pay the fees (Simply idiotic to think someone can afford to pay for a fee because they didn't get health insurance when in the first place, they could not afford the insurance to begin with).

That Nancy Pelosi should be strung up by her pretty hair. My mouth dropped to the floor when she made that ridiculous comment "We have to pass this to see what is in it." Since when is that legal to do. Not to read a bill and pass it before they have scrutinized it is ludicrous.

I have to wonder just how smart these people are. They are in a class of their own and not in the real world.

I hope they don't start doing this all over the country, but I imagine they will.

Wonder how this is going to affect senior citizens. No one wants to tackle that yet.

Similar Messages:

About Western Governors University's B.S. In Health Informatics
Jun 03, 2014

Is there anyone here who has gotten the B.S. in Health Inforamatics at Western Governor's University? Or is there anyone who is currently going to WGU to get this degree? If so, can you tell me about the program, how you like it, etc? The only thing that holds me back is the pass/fail grading system and transferring credits to other schools. ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

Part Time Jobs With Health Insurance?
Aug 29, 2010

Does anyone know of companies who give health ins to part timers? I know Walmart does after 1 year on the job. I'm desperate, can't afford the Cobra premium. Thanks. ...

Health Care Employment Up 315,000 Jobs 2011
Jan 06, 2012

New job figures out today: Health care continued to add jobs in December (+23,000); employment in hospitals increased by 10,000. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 315,000. Any increase in health care employment is good for MTs. ...

Anyone Apply For American Health Connection As Posted On MT Jobs?
May 18, 2013

I have not yet. Any insights are appreciated. TIA. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Job Seeing In Indiana
Nov 03, 2011

Hi, I am Shweta from India, will be looking out for a job in Indiana, what are my chances since I am an Asian indian.   I have 9 yrs of experience.   ...

AccuTran Of Indiana
Apr 09, 2012

Anyone currently working for AccuTran out of Indiana and having difficulty getting paid? ea ...

What Do You Know About AccuTran Out Of Indiana?
Jun 17, 2013

What do you know about AccuTran out of Indiana?  Heard some things. ...

Medscribe Indiana
Jan 19, 2014

Does anybody have any info on Medscribe out of Indiana? Like, enough work, pay, how they are to work for?   TIA ...

Anything About AccuTrans In Indiana
Nov 12, 2014

Anyone know anything about AccuTrans in Indiana a good or bad? Offered me a job today. Just got out of a job that was nasty..not looking to repeat that nightmare. Appreciate any input ...

Is Medscribe In Indiana Still Around? - NM
Mar 30, 2015

xxx ...

MT At University
Mar 27, 2010

Do Universities generally teach MT?  I've seen the schools on-line but would rather take it at a college.Just curious. ...

Anyone Know Of TransRx LLC In Ft Wayne, Indiana?
Mar 04, 2010

I received a test from them. It's rather long at 20 mins of dictation in several different specialties. I don't mind that so much but she also wants to time us to see how long it takes to complete so have to schedule a time for her to send it. Wondering if it's worthwhile to even bother since no info on pay rate or anything has been given. Hoping someone has worked for them or knows something. I'd like to know approx rate, whether they pay on time, have direct deposit, how is ...

Medscribe In New Albany, Indiana
Dec 14, 2012

Is anyone familiar with this company?  If so, how are they to work for?  What is their cpl rate and do they pay for spaces?  Enough work, etc.  Would be grateful to hear anything you have to say about them.  Thanks. ...

Meridian Healthcare In Indiana
Dec 28, 2012

latest victims of the MedQuist "M*Modal" world domination.   I hear they were strong-armed into the buyout because Meridian was using M*Modal's software program (?)  it was a case of "sell out or lose the platform."  another transcription agency to stay the hellions away from.  Meridian ...

BEWARE OF ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA--SM
Jul 15, 2013

Do not work for Accutran in Indiana unless you want to work for free.  I got my money JL owed me 3 months after submitting an invoice after threatening her with pressing charges for theft.  She had many excuses as to why she could not pay me including blaming Obama.  She also lied to me about when I was going to receive my check.  She believes it is okay to not pay an MT in a timely manner.  She told me when I started, I would be paid 30 days after the invoice ...

ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA WARNING
Mar 18, 2014

I just wanted to warn everyone that Accutran has an ad on MT jobs. I worked there a short time. This woman does not pay on time and you have to beg for your money. My 2 friends and myself had to threaten legal action to get paid. She does not pay for spaces, at least she did not when I worked there. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up and not have to go through what me and my 2 friends went through. ...

Inscribe University
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone done the training through Inscribe University? Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Well I Cant Log In To MModal University If That Is
Mar 19, 2014

oh well ...

University Of Toledo
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone completed the post-baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Adminstration with the University of Toledo? I've been looking at it for a while now and would appreciate opinions from current or former students. Thanks!  ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions Out Of Indiana?
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone have any recent experience with Meridian Healthcare out of Indiana? ...

Accutran In Indiana - Any Current Info?
Apr 27, 2012

Saw something in the archives about someone having trouble getting paid by this company, but then I saw someone posted good things about them.  Anyone have anything current to add about this company?  Responses appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Kaplan University Degree In MT?
Apr 12, 2010

My husband is close to finishing the MT program at Kaplan University.  He will end up is AS Degree - is this a good program? Does he have any chance of getting a job? This degree cost 10 times as much at the course from CareerStep. I sure hope we didn't waste ALOT of money for nothing. ...

Kaplan University MT Degree
Oct 07, 2011

So about 6 months ago I started the MT program at Kaplan University and have been really enjoying it so far. I was reading in this forum earlier, however, and read about a school called Andrews. I was just wondering what the difference was between the degrees that are offered at Kaplan and Andrews and if anyone on the forum has graduated from Kaplan or is in their program and what they thought of the program and if they were abled to get hired right away or not.     ...

Texas State University RHIA
Sep 28, 2012

I learned yesterday that the TSU post baccaulaureate certificate requires only 15 hours.  Wow.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm going to see if I can get accepted (yes I live in Texas).  ...

Does Anybody Know What Happened To University Of Washington Transcription?
Feb 05, 2014

They used to always be hiring, but I haven't seen anything out of there in quite a while now.  What has changed?  Anybody got the scoop? ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...