A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT at University - -sb

Posted: Mar 27, 2010

Do Universities generally teach MT? 
I've seen the schools on-line but would rather take it at a college.

Just curious.

Some community colleges have a certificate in medical transcription. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
x

But do any Universities teach MT? - sb

[ In Reply To ..]
x

MT course - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]
I know our local two year community college has a MT program and that the four year university does not. And why would you want to pay what a four year university charges as opposed to a community college? The local State university is about three times the cost of the 2 year college.

my local state u. does - pumpernickel

[ In Reply To ..]
One of our state universities that happens to be in my town has a college of technology that offers vocational programs with certificates and associate's degrees. They have an associate's degree program for health information technology (RHIT program) that includes a transcription class and I think they also offer a certificate in transcription.

so do the online schools! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no - universities

[ In Reply To ..]
do not offer medical transcription as a degree. Some offer a degree such as health care administration (usually a masters). Your bachelor's for something like that would most likely be in business, computer science or nursing.

You'd probably... - emhe

[ In Reply To ..]
...have better luck looking for MT courses at a community college than at a university. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Inscribe University
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone done the training through Inscribe University? Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Well I Cant Log In To MModal University If That Is
Mar 19, 2014

oh well ...

University Of Toledo
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone completed the post-baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Adminstration with the University of Toledo? I've been looking at it for a while now and would appreciate opinions from current or former students. Thanks!  ...

Kaplan University Degree In MT?
Apr 12, 2010

My husband is close to finishing the MT program at Kaplan University.  He will end up is AS Degree - is this a good program? Does he have any chance of getting a job? This degree cost 10 times as much at the course from CareerStep. I sure hope we didn't waste ALOT of money for nothing. ...

Kaplan University MT Degree
Oct 07, 2011

So about 6 months ago I started the MT program at Kaplan University and have been really enjoying it so far. I was reading in this forum earlier, however, and read about a school called Andrews. I was just wondering what the difference was between the degrees that are offered at Kaplan and Andrews and if anyone on the forum has graduated from Kaplan or is in their program and what they thought of the program and if they were abled to get hired right away or not.     ...

Texas State University RHIA
Sep 28, 2012

I learned yesterday that the TSU post baccaulaureate certificate requires only 15 hours.  Wow.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm going to see if I can get accepted (yes I live in Texas).  ...

Indiana University Health To Cut 800 Jobs!
Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country! http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs Here is the e-mail they sent to employees: http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf ...

Does Anybody Know What Happened To University Of Washington Transcription?
Feb 05, 2014

They used to always be hiring, but I haven't seen anything out of there in quite a while now.  What has changed?  Anybody got the scoop? ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

About Western Governors University's B.S. In Health Informatics
Jun 03, 2014

Is there anyone here who has gotten the B.S. in Health Inforamatics at Western Governor's University? Or is there anyone who is currently going to WGU to get this degree? If so, can you tell me about the program, how you like it, etc? The only thing that holds me back is the pass/fail grading system and transferring credits to other schools. ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...