A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Meridian Healthcare in Indiana - Anony

Posted: Dec 28, 2012

latest victims of the MedQuist "M*Modal" world domination.   I hear they were strong-armed into the buyout because Meridian was using M*Modal's software program (?)  it was a case of "sell out or lose the platform." 

another transcription agency to stay the hellions away from.  Meridian

Yep. - Exciting news

[ In Reply To ..]
They're already switching everything over to mmodal stuff. Whoever is the head of this mmodal monster is undoubtedly a billionaire.

Joann has never been a fan of MQ/MModal - Anony

[ In Reply To ..]
quite anti MModal / MQ so all her mentions of excitement and positivity are 100% lie. they will give you the same salary as youve been making, for now.... you'll find out. 4 weeks, maybe 6 or 8 weeks, then you go to MModal's policies as far as benefits and pay. How devastating for all involved. Is this why Maureen suddenly jumped ship and was "so sad to announce her retirement." ?? that was clue #1, who is ever sad to retire ? no one

Q&A conference call - WorkingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Did anyone get the email in time to call in for the Q&A conference call this morning? Anything interesting talked about?

You're right about all that too. - I bailed right after they bought out DSG

[ In Reply To ..]
not even a year ago and here it comes again. The transition in intself is a nightmare, and the mmodal board is the most depressing on here. I'm in the 3 o'clock meeting. Can't wait for that. Having already been through this once, I hope I can manage to keep my shut. God what nightmare.
Just want to throw up. Can I hold out a year and a half until I retire early? - Throwing in the towel
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I was going to at least pay my bills and now I have no clue what I will do anymore.
In the end there will be only 2, so there is nowhere to hide. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My only question is will there end up being only 1 or would that violate anti-trust laws.

I already work for one of them, I gave up trying to fight it.
I'm sure they have enough money & fancy lawyers - to get the anti-trust laws changed. (nm)**
[ In Reply To ..]
Microsoft had lots of money and lawyers and they lost their antitrust lawsuit. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, they found a way around it in the end.
New Year - WorkingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
So did anyone on this call hear a REAL answer as to whether we will be paid for Tuesday (New Year's Day)??? First they said no and then everyone was talking at once and I couldn't hear.
No - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They didn't give any REAL answers to anything. They skirted around the holiday pay, the schedules, the cut in compensation. Everything. So in actuality, it's pretty obvious. If they have to hedge an answer, the answer isn't the one we were hoping to hear. They did say that everything was going to stay the same through the transition period, so I would say that New Year's is still within the transition period, but anything past that isn't good.
You got that right! - Buckle your seat belts...
[ In Reply To ..]
it's going to be a bumpy and sickening ride to the bottom of the MT barrel. I know... unfortunately I have been there.
It was a pretty sad meeting. nm - Throwing in the towel
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
So much for honesty and being up front - BlueMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You can bet that Maureen knew exactly what was happening, take over or not. The least she could have done for her employees if she cared so much about us was to give us a heads up. MModal is the bottom of the barrel as far as companies go. They will lure you in and then in about 6 weeks cut your throat. They treat their employees like slave laborers and strip away your dignity. Happy New Year to us... Resolution - find a way to pay our bills :)
They claimed it was for legal reasons - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone on yesterday afternoon's call asked why we weren't told about this ahead of time. They claimed it was "for legal reasons." Yeah, okay.
Right, just like when they told us..... - Anony
[ In Reply To ..]
We'd double our lines with speech rec. how many of you are doing double lines? I also question Joanna statement of starting at meridian 9 yrs ago as an MT. I got my job there in 2004 and she was an account manager then.. Not an MT. Did she get promoted like that within weeks? And yes she told me specifically about 18 months ago what a horrid company mdquist/mmodal is. Bottom of the barrel. It's her job to calm the masses, but at what cost? Better to be honourable and be truthful. We've been misled and screwed enough over ther last 2 yrs
Job Stress - outahere
[ In Reply To ..]
No one should have to work under so much stress. They lie through their teeth to MTs or simply avoid questions OR tell us they'll "look into it." You never get an answer, only grief. Pay cuts are only the beginning. It gets worse the moment MModal takes over. No heart, no conscience, no soul. They get their big paychecks so the hell with us little people.
New Year's Day - lolamt
[ In Reply To ..]
I was able to hear her say that they will honor Meridian's holiday policy for now, and we will get paid for New Year's Day like usual! After that we do have to use PTO for any holidays we want off. I'm afraid that after the transition phase, things will get even worse. If there is any kind of pay cut, I will be forced to look elsewhere.
Use PTO for holiday IF you can get that approved - I was denied Xmas this year
[ In Reply To ..]
and Thanksgiving. You have to submit a requst 60 days in advance of a holiday and hope and pray that they you are one of the blessed ones that were approved to have a holiday off. I had Easter off, only because it was not scheduled and even though I worked 2 hours to help others out to have some time off, I was still forced to work all other holidays this year.
The problem is, hardly anyone gets approved for holidays off. - Even though there is no work. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

The M*Modal serpent needs its head cut off. - Meerkat - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Meerkat - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can manage to cut off the head of this serpent, I will buy you a martini, a root beer, or any other drink of your choice!

peronally, I think they'll implode. - give it time. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
/

MModal CEO - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
His name is Vern Davenport and he got a $1 million dollar bonus when MModal "partnered" with JP Morgan Chase One Equity Investments in August. Vern's hired guns got 6 digit figures. What did the MTs get? THE SHAFT!

I heard the Indy office was - going to close - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone know when that is supposed to take place?

Wonder what clients will stay or go - BlueMT

[ In Reply To ..]
About that Email regarding MT's contacting clients ?? Really ?? Who would care to do that unless looking to jump ship and hoping they can scoop up the client as a personal gain? Just feel so sick to my stomach over this - feel bad for the people losing their jobs.

They want to contact the clients personally? - They never did that with us

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have personally contacted US and let us know what is going on? No...we get the company-wide email AFTER the fact to tell us all what a GREAT opportunity we are in for. Yeah, right! We don't deserve that kind of respect? I see how it is.

Meridian/MModal - Joann

[ In Reply To ..]
As I am inaccurately quoted here, I felt the need to post some accurate information here about the buy out of Meridian by MModal. First, announced to her QA Staff at the start of the year that she intended to retire at the end of this year. One had nothing to do with the other. Yes, this buy out was very sudden and quite a surprise - pretty obvious as we would not have been working night and day to move Meridian forward with new policies had we known we would soon be under the MModal umbrella.

So what do you all do now? Oh, you can belly ache and spit poison if that is how you care to roll. Or you can look to the future with a new company and see what you can do to make it a great place to work. That is what I've been doing at Meridian since I started there as an MT 9 years ago and is exactly how I'll move forward. Realize that MModal does not owe you a job. They are not even asking that you interview - but are bringing you on board. I reviewed their line rates and benefits, and it appears that being a large company has advantages, offering far better benefits that Meridian could have offered as a smaller company.

I know my great MTs that have worked with me over the years will continue on with the new structure and I personally appreciate that. If you work with me now and have reservations about moving forward, please email me at the company and you know I will be happy to discuss it personally with you - just as I have always given one-on-one support to the people I work with. I have never lied to anyone I work with and those who have worked with me over the years will attest to that. I just have an optimistic outlook on life that has never failed me. So I am looking forward to the changes this new management brings and what advantages it can bring for all of us.

all I can say is good luck, - you are gonna need it

[ In Reply To ..]
You cant know what you dont know. After a year, post on this board about all the changes that took place and the link to this post about your positive, truthful attitude. I have never lied either...

While your optimism is appreciated - and hope for the future

[ In Reply To ..]
is bright, if you have never been in the position of going through a "buy out" or "merger" with a large company, your optimism and hopes probably will not become a total reality.

Unfortunately, your words are pretty much exactly what a former owner of a company I had worked for and was bought out by a larger company (not M*Modal or Nuance)had said to her MTs, as well. Even though she had sold to this larger company "because of the advantages, far better benefits, and technologies" that she could not offer her MTs, she was allowed to stay on with the larger company as a sales representative. She was with the larger company for all of maybe six months before the "squeezed her out," and once gone, started treating the MTs that were "brought on board without even an interview" in a totally unprofessional manner. It was obvious that they were trying to "get rid of" as many of the brought-on-board MTs as quickly as possible, as they were the ones who were viewed as "troublemakers", the ones who would complain the most about the reduced line rates, unfairness of the so-called "benefits" such as possibly insurance or PTO. They went about squeezing these people out mostly by reducing their workloads to the point where they could no longer substain themselves and looked elsewhere for additional work. They gave the worst of the worst dictators to the brought-on-board MTs and paid them a lower line rate to do them. There was lack of support on every aspect of communication with emails being unanswered, phone calls unanswered, etc. What had been at one time a very nice smaller company to work for was now long gone and forgotten, and so were the MTs that worked for them, no matter how "optimistic" they all tried to be about their futures. When "games" are being played in the higher ranks to rid themselves of the last of the hangers-on, the little peons have no choice but to "jump ship" and find something else that is more beneficial. It all comes down to money and believe me, these "giants" know how to play the game to achieve what they want. The ones that suffer are the MTs that work for them. Read the M*Modal board....read the Nuance board...just to get an idea of how much "benefit" they offer the merged-with MTs...how much their line rates and advantages affect the MTs. You may think differently about all of this a year or two down the road.

I truly hope you can hold onto your optimism and hope for a bright future, but having been through this with a different company in the past (who modeled itself from M*Modal/Medquist) things just did not turn out so brightly for those that work under that "umbrella." I am not trying to burst your bubble. I am just stating the facts as I had experienced them, and the facts as many other MTs who have been swallowed up by this giant have experienced them.

I wish you all the best, but I would however, like to state one more thing, if I may. It would seem to me that if I had a company that was "using" the platform of a giant like this one is, and that said company tried to bully me into being bought out by them just because I was using "their" platform, I think I would find a different platform to use, no matter how much turmoil it caused with my company or MTs during the transition, than to allow myself, my company, and those who worked for me to be subjected to the bullying tactics, lies, and subjective power of this larger company in reducing the moral and lives of those that worked for me to mere slaves in a third world country. Personally I do not react well to being forced to do anything and would run the other way as quickly as possible if subjected to it.

Again, I wish you well with all of the "advantages and benefits" offered to you all by this giant. My heart goes out to all of those affected by this "merger" and I truly hope you can find something better in the near future!

I think all one has to do is read the numerous posts about M Modal sm - Tired of typin

[ In Reply To ..]
from their employees and those who have been bought out regarding the "wonderful opportunity" they are being provided. Eventually line rates will be slashed, you will be penalized for sending work to QA while being held to a 99% standard, NO WORK, work on lousy accounts while the work is increasingly pushed overseas. This is going to be a bumpy ride and one can only hope there is an good exit ramp someplace!
Lets not forget how their current "account" will become - a cesspool of accounts
[ In Reply To ..]
And you will bounce between over 20 accounts per day, and will STILL run out of work!
The first thing they did was take our best accounts and send them - to India. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
My question is this..... - BlueMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Where does the client fit into all of this? Obviously this is all still quite a shock and I am still trying to process all of this. We all know that the standards of India MTs is laughable - what happens to the client like IU Health that are super picky and expect above-standard quality? How long are they going to stick around, or are they forced to now suffer along with the rest of us?
My question is this.... - ITK
[ In Reply To ..]
IU Health already has an offshore company, they've had them right along. Picky or not, they continue to use them.

If I were you, - I would immediately

[ In Reply To ..]
stop reading this message board, take whatever money you got from the buyout, find a nice sunny beach to spend the rest of your days on and forget you were ever involved in this dirty, disgusting business. If you think too much about it, (assuming you have a conscience), you will not only be appalled at how you sacrificed your employees, you will also feel ashamed at knowing you fell for all the pretty, happy lies the suits fed you about the "advantages" of Mmodal.

And by the way, this process doesn't happen overnight. It takes about 6 months give or take before the ones you sold down the river will really begin to suffer.

All I can say is best of luck to all of you. This is a good time to start revamping those resumes and enrolling in schools to find better jobs, because in trying to find another MT company, you will only be setting yourself up for more of the same heartache down the road.

question for Joann - hostile takeover

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it true that MM forced the sale, by first allowing you to purchase their platform and then threatening to take it away if you did not sell? Is this what they plan to do to all unsuspecting purchasers of the DQS platform? Is this legal?

from "hope for the future" - that was what I

[ In Reply To ..]
was wondering myself...if this was at all legal and if not, could this possibly be the way to stop them. (MModal).

Joann - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
At the moment Joann is a loud speaker for MModal. In other companies that MModal has "acquired," those smaller companies' management staff, CCM or whatever they call them now, are the first to go once the dust settles. Then the unsuspecting MTs are reassigned to MModal account managers who jerk their long time primary accounts away from the and assign them to the cesspool of B.O.B. (Book of Business). That means they rotate you amongst the accounts that miraculously have work that hasn't gone to India. Good luck getting lines after having to familiarize yourself with countless new account specifics and meeting line requirements, not to mention quality. That's another whole hell pit in itself.
Yes, this is true. The supers are the first to go. They already have - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
their own, so once they get the MTs transitioned over, all their questions answered, and work starts flowing smoothly, they "transition" the MTs over to other BOBs and lay off the acquired supers... At least that's what seemed to happen with our buyout. The supers who were singing Mmodal's praises & begging us to give it a chance because it would be so wonderful were gone within a couple of months. Oh the irony...

Belly ache and spit poison? Give me a break! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
These are people's lives you are dealing with here!!! No MModal does not "owe us jobs." Meridian has had the BEST MTs the industry had to offer, so interviewing is not even necessary. The MTs should have been able to interview MModal!! We have high standards, and this is what you have reduced us to!! The story is the same with them over and over and over, and you know it. The clients, our pay, our schedules, our PTO, etc. will be dismantled. There is a reason for their high turnover. You have "reviewed their line rates and benefits," so what.... Considering their policies, what good is any line rate or benefits if you can't make any money and keep work. They could pay 12 cpl, big deal, you have to have lines to make it work for you and if you don't have that, like most of their employees, what good are the benefits you are going to lose anyway?

Meridian MTs would have certainly expected better than this!! Anything other than this!! After so many years of hard work for a company we were proud of, you threw us to the wolves. Thanks alot.

Buyouts never work out well for MTs of the buyee. - I gave the new co. a chance, & regret it.

[ In Reply To ..]
I should've jumped ship immediately, like the smarter MTs did when my company was bought out a few years ago. But I stayed to give them the benefit of the doubt, and have nothing to show for it but a 50% pay reduction, no savings left, and the company has been getting rid of the MTs that came with the bought-out company. I know my days there are numbered, even though I gave them my very best.

My advice to anyone whose company is bought by a bigger company is to just cut your losses and QUIT. Don't stick around to get the blood sucked out of you.

MModal/Medquist - BeenThere

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never worked for Meridian, but I can tell you my take on MModal.

I originally started my MT career working for Medquist about 11 years ago. I quit about a year after they started speech rec due to a 50% cut in pay. Years later, after the company I was working for went under, I went back to Medquist/MModal. I made more money when I first started out in transcription than when I went back. You will eventually be thrown into a giant work pool to type anything under the sun and make 50% less than you do right now. My advice would be to start looking for another job now.

Don't believe all of the bells and whistles and bull crap you are being fed.

Good luck

Been There 2 - Still angry

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone remember the transcriptionists' lawsuit of several years ago? There is a reason we sued, even though we did not win.
Yeah, we won - a dictationary!! I was part of that class action suit! - BlueMT
[ In Reply To ..]
They were slimy and sneaking back then, and it seems like nothing much has changed. I'd rather scrub toilets!

Only thing worse than a co who would cheat MTs out lines... - is one who sells out to them. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
s

FYI, your MTs probably won't stay with you. They begin splitting everyone - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
up nearly immediately, spread everyone everywhere, then do it all over again and again. I was bought out with a company less than a year ago and am already on TSM #4. I think most of my former co-workers have given up this rollercoaster ride & are working elsewhere by now.

I quit even bothering answering the introductory - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
phone call & getting to know them because I know I'll be moved again in a short time, so why even bother?!

Joann - brave post for this board. Good for you. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

This is almost laughable. Can you really sit there - reading the MModal board (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
and think you're going to get some kind of better deal? Please rethink what you're saying.

First of all the accounts will not necessarily go to the ex-Meridan MTs. They go to India first and the crappy stuff stays here in the USA until it is tweaked enough to go. That's why MTs are sitting with no work.

Second of all, the wages are not at all what you will be used to getting. Even if they start you at some higher rate (which I highly doubt) they will quickly lower it or push you out by QA'ing you to death until you can't stand it anymore. QA is one huge contradiction.

You will gain absolutely nothing with this "larger" company but headaches. Nothing is certain. Yes, they are happy to bring on more MTs they can dump on and have sit with no work until they have to quit and find somewhere else to work to make ends meet.

Take a peak at the MModal board before spouting off how big their so-called "umbrella" really is and you'll soon find out the umbrella is very small- dollar store brand, doesn't open properly, has holes, and will pinch your fingers, so I hope it doesn't rain anytime soon.

Good Luck (you're gonna need it).

A little perspective for all of us going through this transition right now.... - bt

[ In Reply To ..]
I read this on a beach somewhere many years ago when I was in a huge dilemma about what to do in a current job situation that was really not working out so well. I had opened this book, and this was on the first page.... I don't know that I am superstitious or believe in divine intervention, but it made so much sense to me and allowed me to go and make the decision I needed to make. I know we all have different needs and different outlooks - but there will be a light at the end of our tunnels - maybe not tomorrow, next month, or even next year. We WILL survive this!

***Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit, and you are keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back.

But the other four balls family, health, friends, and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They will never be the same.***

Thank you for posting that BT. - Words of wisdom. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Since I have gotten word about this buy-out, I have been irritable to family and friends. I am smoking more. I have not been sleeping at night. This is self-destructive behavior. I have got to stop this psychological affect. I am still a good person, mom, sister, wife and my health and peace of mind is important.

If this thing does not work out, I will move on. I am a good MT. I will survive. I may not make as much money, and that is okay. I will not sit in front of the computer for days on end with no work. I value my time, my knowledge, and my skills. If M-Modal does not, someone else will. I do not understand why so many stay there if it is so bad. Are they not capable of getting another job? Do they not need the money? I will not feel trapped like that. I have the ability to do better, and I will. I have to rethink my mental position on this, and not let this affect my family, friends, health and spirit. Thank you so much for reminding me of what is most important.

The truth about being acquired by MModal (sm) - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know you and frankly I had never heard of Meridian until today. I'm commenting because I fear for your sanity in the coming weeks/months with MModal. I worked for DSG for several years, which was acquired by MModal this past spring, and here's what happened to me.

I had read all of the whining on MTStars about how awful MModal was way before I was acquired. The news came about the buyout and I looked forward to better benefits, more work, new management, advantages, etc. I was thrilled to get benefits because I didn't have any at DSG. I am a very fast and accurate MT, and for the first 3 months at MModal, I made a ton of money. My line rate was higher than at DSG, I was accruing PTO at a great rate, all of my work was on my old accounts from DSG, and I was a very happy camper. Then, the crap hit the fan and things changed almost overnight. I was shuttled around to several different supervisors in a short period of time until I got one that never EVER answered emails despite demanding that we notify her anytime we were away from keyboard for more than 10 minutes at a time. Then, my work dried up. Then I got turned down for every single PTO hour I asked for. No valid reasons given, just an emphatic "no" every time I asked for even half a shift off. Then my QA person mentioned that "the DSG people had excessively high line rates" and hinted that was why the work was drying up. What was I supposed to do, ask for a lower line rate? Naturally, I found another job. I had lasted 5 months with MModal and it was the longest 5 months of my life.

I recognized your blind optimism as my own, and it was unrealistic in my case to say the least. Good luck to you, but if I were you, I'd start looking for a new job right now.

To BTDT - reply

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for sharing your story. Actually, I knew this was going to happen one day, but I thought I had another 3-6 months. Regardless, I have done many things in preparation for this so I was ready.

Like you, the MTs at Meridian made very good money, had decent benefits, great work conditions, flexible schedules, and always plenty of work. So here I am with a company like M-Modal. I do believe what you say, and what many other posters here state. At the moment, none of us have any choice because this happened literally overnight. We need health insurance and the work until we land something else. If the same turns out to be true, in my case, as happened to you, no I will not stay here. I am checking into getting my own health insurance coverage. The first request for time off that is denied, docking my pay, someone being rude, disrespectful, or threatening, or sitting at the computer for days with no work, I will be gone. Yes, I do expect it. I cannot stay here under those conditions and I do not understand why others stay if they are not making any money. I have no choice, I have to have an income. If M-Modal does not utilize my services, someone else will. I believe my fellow MTs from Meridian will feel the same way. We are not used to this kind of treatment. You had to have at least 10 years experience to even be hired by Meridian, and QA and customer service was of utmost importance to all of us. We all made good money and were paid for all holidays that we automatically got off. As qualified as they are, I am sure Meridian has just handed over their accounts and tossed many very, very qualified MTs out on the street. They may stay around until they find something else, but they are better than this and it would be a waste of their talent to sit here with no work and lower pay. I will give it a fair chance, but getting fired or quitting does not scare me. I will be prepared for that too. Why should I let any company cheat me out of what I know I am capable of doing.
That's the problem - BT
[ In Reply To ..]
We worked for a company that was rated Top 100 companies to work for!! We literally are going to one of the best to one of the worst. Our standards are high, as well as our work ethic. I consider us the creme de la creme of the MT world, and we should be treated like it. Like everyone else, I have no choice but to give it a shot, hold my breath, and just hope I can make ends meet until I can find something better. I don't think I have seen ONE praise of good for MM. I can only hope that karma comes along and bites them in the some day! You all have to admit that Meridian was top notch. They set the bar high, and I am afraid we will never find a company like that again.
how funny... you say your the creme de la creme - of the MT world...
[ In Reply To ..]
Just you wait until MModal QA gets ahold of your behind. You wont believe how little you really know!
Aren't you just so full of yourself. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure there are plenty of excellent MT's at every company. I consider myself an excellent MT, high quality and high producer. Of course we all deserve to be treated like the professionals we are, but I don't think you are so completely above and beyond that you deserve anything better than any other good MT out there. Get over yourself, seriously.

Delusions - Laughing all the way

[ In Reply To ..]
You really are crack-crazy

No, what is delusional and crack crazy is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Staying with a company that you say is so bad, where there is very little work and where you make very little money. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? Meridian MTs may not have a choice at the moment, but if things are as you say they are, we come highly recommended and will move on. It may not be as good as what we had, but it will be better than what is stated here. People get MT jobs every day that are not with MModal. So either you are not any more qualified than to have to accept this or you simply do not want to work. Now that is crack crazy.
Highly recommended means squat - anon
[ In Reply To ..]

There are fantastic MTs at EVERY company, including M*Modal. I highly doubt you are the Seal Team 6 of the MT world.

Time for a nice BIG dose of reality, Welcome to M*Modal. Let's see how elite you really are.

And who exactly shall you be highly recommended to? Do you think you will be getting some kind of preferred status at M*Modal or anywhere else? A big dose of humble pie is about to be served.
Point being - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you have fantastic MTs here, that's great. If they have plenty of work and make good money, great. Then this is the place to be. However, if the posts on the MM Board are any true indication of this company, no thanks. Or is it that all the posts about how horrible the company is, no work, and no money are just from a bunch of slackers who do not have the capability of getting a decent job? Wonder which it is? My point was not to insult everyone's capabilities, just stating that I personally would not put up with some of the mess that many MTs with this company say they do. Really....$120 for two weeks? And you are still here??

I do credit myself as being an excellent MT. I hope many more at MM are as well. What's up with the others? What's up with all the negative posts and the warnings about how horrible it is? If you were a waitress at a restaurant and you went to work every day on tips, and the restaurant had no food to serve the customers, what would you do?
Just what I love...a good cat fight! sm - Meow
[ In Reply To ..]
That's one reason why I always ended up back at home after working in-house stents. Except for the one or two friends I made, I could not stand the B's going at each other all day. It still goes on, just on these boards instead. Puleeze, get me though this lousy job long enough to get my measly social security check. I loathe the thought of working for M Modal one day longer than absolutely necessary. I just hope I don't end up living in my car. I've already lost my house.

will be the first to go - Orson Welles

[ In Reply To ..]
in a few weeks when M-Modal starts firing Meridian Management

Well might be the first to go, with close behind.

knew about this sale and played a cruel trick on her.

Sadly, I have to agree with this! - stressed out

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

How's that great attitude working out for you? - French Fry

[ In Reply To ..]
has been demoted in title and salary back down to plain ole manager status.

Now she will actually have to do some work for the first time in many years.

It's coming around :)

Meridian Healthcare - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
It's called a leveraged buyout. Smaller companies that use MModal software are "pressured" into selling or have to look for another software to avoid being bought by corporate bullies. MModal is buying up companies so fast they can't manage to get 1 working properly before they take on 2 or 3 more. They are always down for something. Now that IT is based in India, good luck getting any help and the down times are more frequent and take longer to get back up. No income to be made at MModal unless you're the CEO and head honchos, maybe 10 total.

Meridian wasn't using MModal's platform. They used Chartnet. I went through this last No - Not worth it

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Expert Medical Transcription for 3 years and the owner sold out to MM last November. I stayed, not sure why, until this past August. I went to Meridian, so here I am again, same boat. I found out last month that the owner, CEO, of EMT was let go last month, as was everyone else in management.

Here we go again. Who do I work for next? I love Chartnet and want to stay with the platform, but I cannot and will not work for MM again.

Meridian wasn't using MModal's platform. They used Chartnet. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, Meridian does use what is basically M-Modal's platform, but calls it SpeechMotion. There are some different platforms used at Meridian, though, so certainly not saying ChartNet isn't used, just that they also use the similar platform, SpeechMotion. Actually from using ChartNet (which I, too, loved) I took a very large pay cut, with a dramatic drop in line count, and that is with being on the same account/same dictators. Sigh....10 years ago I was debating getting out of the field and didn't; now going to pay the price, literally.
MModal's platform.... - ITK
[ In Reply To ..]
No, actually, Speechmotion is NOT Mmodal's platform. MModal's voice rec platform was used in conjunction with Speechmotion.

What's this I hear we also have to have a - background check - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to work for them? Seriously??? We are the victims here.

Background check is a crock - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is just a CYA paperwork thing and they don't even check it.

I don't have a criminal record by my credit is HIDEOUS and they didn't say a word.

Word of advice - Anony

[ In Reply To ..]
Look, I worked for Meridian for 8 years without a single raise in those 8 years, only pay cuts that amounted to 45% cut in pay. After I saw their "you'll double your lines so we're cutting your pay in half" line of crap was BS, I hit the internet daily, daily!! for 2+ months I scoured indeed.com and snagajob.com and there's one other big one out there..simplyhired.com. I applied dozens of times and heard nothing back (16 yrs experience) I tested a couple of times, spending quite a bit of time doing so, and was denied or ignored. I landed an interview with a company finally, traveled an hour away and spent 2 hours there, never heard back. Finally, on one of the websites i mentioned above, another hospital in my state an hour away put out an ad they were hiring. I interviewed, it was a long process going back and forth for a month with the preemployment physical and etc, but everything passed and I am well compensated, I am VALUED there. Been there 8 months now, and the entire hospital got a 2% raise that starts Jan 1st. 2% !! OMG, it's a pack of peanuts, but hot damn its my first raise in 9 or 10 years! I was thrilled at the gesture. During my interview there, the head of the trans. department told me "they told you you would double your lines with speech? Pfftt... editting takes twice as long, who are they kidding?" I knew I'd found an honest group to work with right then and there. I get paid salary, hourly, even when there is no work. I get paid also by volume/production, so my hourly salary runs from $17.85 to 21.85 hrly. Overtime gets paid at time and a half, unlike Meridian HS who told me for 8 years to LIE and put down only 40 hours "you can work as many hours as you want, but dont ever put down more than 40." Sounds familiar? I got remarried in 2010, I'd worked for Meridian for 7 yrs at that point, in such excitement, I forgot twice in 2 weeks to turn off my player and walked away leaving jobs sitting there. Whoops, my bad. The second time I find a message on my answering machine from letting me know if it happened again, I'd be fired. ? really ? the week of my getting married and getting everything together, never had a problem in the prior 7 yrs, and this biiiitch has the nerve to leave a message like that? First of all, no class to leave a message on my home message machine like that. How would she like HER kids to hear something like that? was a nasty, phony, no-class broad. is nice and very smart, but definitely not truthful. you're all in my prayers. Look and keep looking. Dont give up and dont take the no-calls-back personally. I know full well that MModal could very well appear at my hospital in the future, in the near future even. My hospital will pay 50% tuition for any medical training or courses I'd like to take after I'm there a full year. In four more months, I plan on taking them up on it so that when the day/month/year comes that this place puts the screws to me, I'll be prepared and partially on THEIR dime. Live and learn.

Good for you - Tuesday

[ In Reply To ..]
You have Meridian and Maureen pegged right. Classless, tacky and cruel.

Great story but could people please break up giant paragraphs. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It just becomes a big ol' blob and I never finish reading the ones that are all clumped up like this.

Thank you for this..... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll be looking for an in-house position as soon as I relocate. I miss working in a hospital setting. Good for you!!!

Sad to announce retirement. ?? - Anony

[ In Reply To ..]
When Maureen retired a couple of months back and said she was " sad to announce her retirement" I guess that was your hint. Who is ever SAD to retire? You may feel like you'll miss your coworkers and home slaves, but you're not SAD about retiring. It's a choice you make if you're lucky and successful enough to be able to, a super accomplishment..... Not sad in the least unless you're doing it because of stressful or forced reasons.

Similar Messages:

Meridian Healthcare Solutions Out Of Indiana?
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone have any recent experience with Meridian Healthcare out of Indiana? ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions
Jun 30, 2010

Does anyone work for Meridian Healthcare Solutions out of Indianapolis?  Anything good or bad about them would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Meridian Healthcare Pay Cuts
May 18, 2011

Is this common practice?  I've worked for them for 7 years and now they are cutting our pay?  I havent had a raise in those 7 years, and inflation just so happens to be raising all my gas bills, grocery, clothes, and utility bills... but i should take a pay cut?   Is there ANY good company to work for out there that will pay 11 cpl or more ?  I mean for heavens sake, I've got about 15 years experience... i'm not asking for more than mere chump change, but the ...

Meridian Healthcare No Work
Jul 09, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting work at Meridian?  Looking through the archives, it seems some have plenty and others very little, though the couple with plenty was a few months ago.   It seems the accounts have been on extended holiday since xmas, then New Year's, then Easter, then July 4th, it's never-ending.   We were also told that they were NOT hiring new MTs to service new accounts, yet there was an ad out for 30 new MTs!  ...

Former Meridian Healthcare Workers... How's It Going?
Feb 23, 2013

Hey all, just wondering if by some miracle that everything is working out okay for you ? I was so sorry for all of you when MedQuist took you over, and was so glad I was able to get out last year before it happened.   Is everyone doing okay ? ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Any Feedback
Jan 18, 2012

Any feedback on Meridian? I just got a call from them for an interview. I would like feedback on them before I call them back. What platform do they use? What is their pay like, etc.  Thanks! ...

Meridian Healthcare ?s-but Not Naming Company
Dec 08, 2014

Does anyone transcribe for Meridian account in NJ. If so, what are your feelings, love it, hate it, any input at all . . . I have plenty input if anyone wants to discuss ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

Job Seeing In Indiana
Nov 03, 2011

Hi, I am Shweta from India, will be looking out for a job in Indiana, what are my chances since I am an Asian indian.   I have 9 yrs of experience.   ...

AccuTran Of Indiana
Apr 09, 2012

Anyone currently working for AccuTran out of Indiana and having difficulty getting paid? ea ...

What Do You Know About AccuTran Out Of Indiana?
Jun 17, 2013

What do you know about AccuTran out of Indiana?  Heard some things. ...

Medscribe Indiana
Jan 19, 2014

Does anybody have any info on Medscribe out of Indiana? Like, enough work, pay, how they are to work for?   TIA ...

Anything About AccuTrans In Indiana
Nov 12, 2014

Anyone know anything about AccuTrans in Indiana a good or bad? Offered me a job today. Just got out of a job that was nasty..not looking to repeat that nightmare. Appreciate any input ...

Is Medscribe In Indiana Still Around? - NM
Mar 30, 2015

xxx ...

Anyone Know Of TransRx LLC In Ft Wayne, Indiana?
Mar 04, 2010

I received a test from them. It's rather long at 20 mins of dictation in several different specialties. I don't mind that so much but she also wants to time us to see how long it takes to complete so have to schedule a time for her to send it. Wondering if it's worthwhile to even bother since no info on pay rate or anything has been given. Hoping someone has worked for them or knows something. I'd like to know approx rate, whether they pay on time, have direct deposit, how is ...

Medscribe In New Albany, Indiana
Dec 14, 2012

Is anyone familiar with this company?  If so, how are they to work for?  What is their cpl rate and do they pay for spaces?  Enough work, etc.  Would be grateful to hear anything you have to say about them.  Thanks. ...

BEWARE OF ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA--SM
Jul 15, 2013

Do not work for Accutran in Indiana unless you want to work for free.  I got my money JL owed me 3 months after submitting an invoice after threatening her with pressing charges for theft.  She had many excuses as to why she could not pay me including blaming Obama.  She also lied to me about when I was going to receive my check.  She believes it is okay to not pay an MT in a timely manner.  She told me when I started, I would be paid 30 days after the invoice ...

ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA WARNING
Mar 18, 2014

I just wanted to warn everyone that Accutran has an ad on MT jobs. I worked there a short time. This woman does not pay on time and you have to beg for your money. My 2 friends and myself had to threaten legal action to get paid. She does not pay for spaces, at least she did not when I worked there. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up and not have to go through what me and my 2 friends went through. ...

Accutran In Indiana - Any Current Info?
Apr 27, 2012

Saw something in the archives about someone having trouble getting paid by this company, but then I saw someone posted good things about them.  Anyone have anything current to add about this company?  Responses appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Indiana University Health To Cut 800 Jobs!
Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country! http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs Here is the e-mail they sent to employees: http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf ...

Meridian HCS
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone have any info on this company?  Anyone currently working for them? ...

Meridian/KS
Apr 24, 2012

I have been offered 2 positions, any thoughts where to go? Thanks for any input. ...

Anything About Meridian?
May 21, 2012

Anyone know anything about Meridian?  Pay?  Benefits?  Do you like it or not?  VR?  Or Straight Typing?  Anything would help me out! ...

Meridian HCS - NJA
Jun 21, 2012

Is anyone else working for Meridian having problems getting work?  Its a great company to work for, but I can't keep waiting for the work to come.  Did they hire too many MTs?  Just curious to know how other MTs are doing with Meridian. ...

To Meridian MTs
Dec 29, 2012

http://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg   It gets worse here every day!   ...

Being Ex-Meridian
Apr 08, 2013

Wonder how many ex-Meridianites got the layoff?  sitting here NJA again...on 3 accounts.  I am so frustrated.  Went into this with an open mind but the only side that keeps getting more evidence is the side that says get the heck out of Dodge (if I don't get kicked out by a layoff first).  actively looking for another job.  It's sad what is happening to seasoned MTs who it seems like they are getting the boot because they are productive.  Me-15 years and&n ...

MERIDIAN MTs
Oct 09, 2013

Just curious about what's happening with the other MTs from Meridian and if any are still with MModal.  I left end of June - Best decision I ever made.  Currently working for a local MD M-F, salary.  My whole outlook on life changed once I made the change in employment.  There is hope out there. ...

Healthcare Employment
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone else answered ads for them.  You do a really EASY test. They offer to train you for free..  then send you emails... basically to schedule a job interview.  You text them.  They send you this agreement, which says that in order to work for them you need to plunk out $450 to buy their software.. This does not quite seem on the level to me.. I have been working in this industry going on 20 years.  I work in house right now..  but job situation is precariou ...

Healthcare Exployment, Inc.
Mar 25, 2011

Has anyone heard of or done business with this company? They are offering employment after I take their "tests" and possibly purchase software or textbooks. Just wanted to make sure the company is on the up and up. Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. ...