A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inscribe University - futuremt

Posted: Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone done the training through Inscribe University? Any feedback would be appreciated.

inscribe - make sure

[ In Reply To ..]
Make sure it is an accredited school by checking at adhi website. Check the new MT forum for information. Check also the future of this profession before you decide to start taking classes. It is not the profession to get into at this time. Looking for something new myself after 35 years, as I come on for my regular shift and there is no work to do.

WHAT? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
IS THAT EVEN A REAL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY? I mean common sense has me questioning because "Inscribe," I mean come on. Sounds like an "Internet" school or some other P.O. box deal to me. I would be very careful of giving my money to any MT school let alone "Inscribe University." :-)

this is not a "university," it is an MT school or MTSO - google it

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Of course it ain't a university, it's an MTSO that offers training. - CareerStepGradAndWorking

[ In Reply To ..]
I've heard that they train MTs and then give them jobs. Don't know much else, though. Have a look at the other MT forums around. I've never read anything scammy about them, I have the impression that they're legit.

According to their website... - futuremt

[ In Reply To ..]
Inscribe is an MTSO that has a training program and hires their top students. The cost is about the same as Career Step and other training programs. I was just wondering if anyone has ever actually been through the program and been hired upon completion. I will look at the other forums since I can't seem to find anyone here that knows from personal experience. Thanks for the advice!

From what I have heard, they DO hire some of their students. - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
However, they definitely don't have enough work to hire them all. So they don't tell you for how long they hire. When they need more spots to hire more new students, they dump the people that are currently working for them. That's what I've read a couple of places online, I don't have any personal experience.

Also, just because they train you to work for them, the way they want you to work, doesn't necessarily mean you will be trained enough to pass employment tests for other companies. Try to check with companies and see which schools they hire from.
Inscribe - workingmt
[ In Reply To ..]
They have an ad on the job seeker's board for part-time work.

Similar Messages:

MT At University
Mar 27, 2010

Do Universities generally teach MT?  I've seen the schools on-line but would rather take it at a college.Just curious. ...

Well I Cant Log In To MModal University If That Is
Mar 19, 2014

oh well ...

University Of Toledo
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone completed the post-baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Adminstration with the University of Toledo? I've been looking at it for a while now and would appreciate opinions from current or former students. Thanks!  ...

Kaplan University Degree In MT?
Apr 12, 2010

My husband is close to finishing the MT program at Kaplan University.  He will end up is AS Degree - is this a good program? Does he have any chance of getting a job? This degree cost 10 times as much at the course from CareerStep. I sure hope we didn't waste ALOT of money for nothing. ...

Kaplan University MT Degree
Oct 07, 2011

So about 6 months ago I started the MT program at Kaplan University and have been really enjoying it so far. I was reading in this forum earlier, however, and read about a school called Andrews. I was just wondering what the difference was between the degrees that are offered at Kaplan and Andrews and if anyone on the forum has graduated from Kaplan or is in their program and what they thought of the program and if they were abled to get hired right away or not.     ...

Texas State University RHIA
Sep 28, 2012

I learned yesterday that the TSU post baccaulaureate certificate requires only 15 hours.  Wow.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm going to see if I can get accepted (yes I live in Texas).  ...

Indiana University Health To Cut 800 Jobs!
Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country! http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs Here is the e-mail they sent to employees: http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf ...

Does Anybody Know What Happened To University Of Washington Transcription?
Feb 05, 2014

They used to always be hiring, but I haven't seen anything out of there in quite a while now.  What has changed?  Anybody got the scoop? ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

About Western Governors University's B.S. In Health Informatics
Jun 03, 2014

Is there anyone here who has gotten the B.S. in Health Inforamatics at Western Governor's University? Or is there anyone who is currently going to WGU to get this degree? If so, can you tell me about the program, how you like it, etc? The only thing that holds me back is the pass/fail grading system and transferring credits to other schools. ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

Inscribe, LLC In KY
Aug 11, 2010

Hi! I am curious about a job opening on another site for Inscribe, LLC in Murray, KY. I did a search and do not find much recent information on the company. Does anyone have any recent experience with this company? If so, what is your opinion? Good, bad, anything? The ad states they pay higher than many other companies and that there is no experience required? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Inscribe Anyone?
Sep 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the above platform.  The MTSO with whom I subcontract has offered to train me on this platform, but I'm completely unfamiliar with it.  Before I leap in and agree, I'd like to get some opinions of the platform and how MT friendly/unfriendly it may be. TIA for any info you can provide!  ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Inscribe? 
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Inscribe?  I am going to test for them and wondered if anyone has had experience with this company?  Thanks for reading this post. ...

Inscribe??
Feb 25, 2011

Does anyone have any CURRENT info on Inscribe? I tried searching the message boards, but do not see anything current posted.  Thanks!!! ...

InScribe US
Feb 27, 2011

Hello MTs! I recently submitted application and tests document to InScribe US and was informed that although I did "well" on the test, I was slightly below their standards. They have invited me to participate in their internship program, take 4 of their learning modules, and work with someone one-on-one to bring me up to their standards. This is to cost $400. Has anyone gone through this process? Is it a scam? I definitely know that more education will benefit me, but I am just looking for some ...

Inscribe, NO THANK YOU
Mar 08, 2011

Aced the test, almost 30 years experience in acute care, providing all my own equipment as an IC, their offer?  7 cpl.  thanks but no thanks. ...

Anyone Know About Inscribe?
Apr 05, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone out there works for Inscribe or has taken their test for employment. I took the test and it was incredibly hard with ESL dictators. In the email I received from them, along with turning me down was a shpeel on enrolling in their university. This made me wonder if it was ligit or what....... anyone know? ...

Anybody With Inscribe
Oct 13, 2011

Just spoke with them and they hire IC and say you can pretty much work whenever you want as long as you make minimum counts.  Pay is only .07 for typing or VR but they use own VR system that sounds interesting, you repeat what was dictated.  Any info on them would be helpful.  Thanks ...

InScribe, LLC In SC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm considering working for InScribe. If anyone who has worked there for a while, I'm curious as to how steady the work volume is. What's their policy for working on holidays? Any info would be appreciated. ...

InScribe, LLC, In SC
Oct 28, 2011

I'm a new grad MT and have been offered a job by InScribe. Training has been promised for almost 2 weeks, but they never call when promised.  Getting a little worried....esp when reading the negative stuff abt the company.  Does anyone have any advice?  (Other than "run"...that seems to come up quite often on here!  lol!) ...

Why Does The Inscribe Ad Say No MTs From CA?
Dec 02, 2012

nm. ...

Inscribe ?
Feb 13, 2013

Can I have some input on Inscribe please? Good, bad? ...

About Inscribe Of SC?
Apr 27, 2013

Has anyone worked for or know about Inscribe of SC?  ...

Inscribe? Does Anyone Know Much About Them?
Jan 07, 2014

Pay or work envirornment?  Thank you! ...