A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anybody know what happened to University of Washington transcription? - SeahawksChamps

Posted: Feb 05, 2014

They used to always be hiring, but I haven't seen anything out of there in quite a while now.  What has changed?  Anybody got the scoop?

No, but if they were hiring - in-house, I would

[ In Reply To ..]
be tempted to move cross country and work for them, that's how desperate I am this morning.

UW - Lissybell

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe they do not have an in-house transcription department anymore. The only hospital I know of in-house at this time in Seattle is Children's. Harborview used to be in-house but I heard they are doing away with their dept. as well.

UW MT - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Their hospitals and clinics converted to Epic and I think transcription was either outsourced or absorbed by VR or templating. I know someone who worked for Children's who was laid off so I think they have cut back on their staff. Harborview is affiliated with the U of W so it's probably all being combined somehow. I have seen ads at the U for pathology MTs from time to time, which would be a good job for someone with that background.
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info. - SeahawksChamps
[ In Reply To ..]
-
To SeahawksChamps - Just me
[ In Reply To ..]
This is off the subject, but wasn't that parade amazing? I live in WA but not near Seattle. I was at work - we watched for a while on our lunch break. 700K people were there to welcome them home.
It was! I love it here. - SeahawksChamps
[ In Reply To ..]
-
Children's - HIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a job a few years back at Seattle Children's just as they were making the switch to VR. That was one reason I declined the job. I figured once the system was in place there wouldn't be as much work to go around and they would have to let some MTs go. Sad to hear it sounds like I was right. Sounded like a great place to work, but I was looking for a stable long-term job at the time. As it is, it worked out as I was offered another job at the same time that worked out great.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Whatever Happened To Angel's Transcription
Apr 07, 2010

x ...

What Happened To The Transcription Essentials
Apr 05, 2013

When I went to look at it today, the forum website is not found and neither is the main webpage. Did they announce anything that I missed? tia ...

What Happened To Oracle Transcription? Are They
Feb 09, 2015

no longer in business? Did they change their name? Any info appreciated. Thanks! ...

Question For Washington State ICs
Nov 18, 2009

I've heard that in Washington State you have to pay a tax called "business and occupation taxes".  Is this true?  If so what does it cost?   Looking at moving to Washington State and trying to figure out all the taxes beforehand (if there would be a benefit business wise to move out of Oregon).  Here in OR I pay a business tax of $50/year.  Just wondering what all the taxes in Washington would be. If anyone is not sure, can you direct me to where I might find this o ...

Letter To Washington Post
Feb 27, 2011

Since all our complaints seem to fall on deaf ears and our jobs are ultimately at stake, by way of another example, 200 MTs at University of Utah Hospital just their jobs to a company that outsources.  Maybe if every MT in the country would write at least one newspaper something could be done to stop the outsourcing.  Can't we rattle a few cages?  Here is what I sent to the Washington Post: To the Editor: I am a medical transcriptionist.  I work from hom ...

ScribeRight Washington. Any Info?
Oct 19, 2011

Would appreciate hearing details from anyone who has worked, is working, or is about to work there. Thanks. ...

Question For ICs Working In Washington State
Apr 04, 2010

I'm not sure I'm on the right board for this question, but I don't know which board to use.  I have a question for ICs that live in Washington State because I'm looking at a possible move there (southern part).   My question is what sort of taxes do you pay?  Here in my state I pay 1/4ly state tax and a $50. a year license fee.  I've read about B&O tax and other things, but am wondering if anyone can tell me exactly (or pretty close), as an IC w ...

MT At University
Mar 27, 2010

Do Universities generally teach MT?  I've seen the schools on-line but would rather take it at a college.Just curious. ...

Inscribe University
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone done the training through Inscribe University? Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Well I Cant Log In To MModal University If That Is
Mar 19, 2014

oh well ...

University Of Toledo
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone completed the post-baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Adminstration with the University of Toledo? I've been looking at it for a while now and would appreciate opinions from current or former students. Thanks!  ...

Kaplan University Degree In MT?
Apr 12, 2010

My husband is close to finishing the MT program at Kaplan University.  He will end up is AS Degree - is this a good program? Does he have any chance of getting a job? This degree cost 10 times as much at the course from CareerStep. I sure hope we didn't waste ALOT of money for nothing. ...

Kaplan University MT Degree
Oct 07, 2011

So about 6 months ago I started the MT program at Kaplan University and have been really enjoying it so far. I was reading in this forum earlier, however, and read about a school called Andrews. I was just wondering what the difference was between the degrees that are offered at Kaplan and Andrews and if anyone on the forum has graduated from Kaplan or is in their program and what they thought of the program and if they were abled to get hired right away or not.     ...

Texas State University RHIA
Sep 28, 2012

I learned yesterday that the TSU post baccaulaureate certificate requires only 15 hours.  Wow.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm going to see if I can get accepted (yes I live in Texas).  ...

Indiana University Health To Cut 800 Jobs!
Sep 12, 2013

WOW.....sign of the times I guess!  This is one of the biggest health care organizations in Indiana!  Lord help this country! http://www.theindychannel.com/web/wrtv/news/local-news/iu-health-to-cut-800-jobs Here is the e-mail they sent to employees: http://media.theindychannel.com/docs/iu-health-letter.pdf ...

Just Signed Up With Herzing University. They Do Have A Great Program.
May 18, 2010

If the coding doesnt work out for me, I will go on to RHIT or other fields within HIM. Im really excited! Hoping my Pell Grant comes through! ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

About Western Governors University's B.S. In Health Informatics
Jun 03, 2014

Is there anyone here who has gotten the B.S. in Health Inforamatics at Western Governor's University? Or is there anyone who is currently going to WGU to get this degree? If so, can you tell me about the program, how you like it, etc? The only thing that holds me back is the pass/fail grading system and transferring credits to other schools. ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

Has This Happened To You?
Dec 21, 2009

I just wondered...has anyone ever made a mistake on a report (which was your fault and you readily admit you screwed up) and get an email stating:  please explain why you made that mistake because the client is waiting for an explanation??!!!  WTH?  Yes, I purposely made that error because I wanted too?  I enjoy making critical errors?  My error was most likely a keystroke error that I failed to catch..I admit it.  I try to be as careful as possible but I am human. ...

What Happened To Me?
Apr 21, 2010

I started my bartending class yesterday.. first time I have done anything outside the house in 7 years.  I was terrified. I don't think I really realized how isolating and stressful working for the Q at home really was.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to interact with real people, doing something that was real and down to earth. But I had a wonderful time, terrified though I was.  I still feel like I've been totally reborn, and I am so relieved to be out of th ...

Has This Happened To You? What To Do?
May 06, 2010

I just to recently switched to a whole new region, supervisor and QA supervisor with 3 days notice because of ONE particular account I transcribe on. I had been typing the previous accounts for over 5 years. Since the switch two weeks ago,  I have now TEN new accounts that I type for with all new CP's, set-ups and dictators; however, I have noted AT ALL the account for which I had previously typed which was the reason I was transferred in the first place!! Furthermore, there& ...

What Happened?
Jun 21, 2010

DocQScribe froze trying to download next report.  Tried to check Q E-mail while I was waiting and it is "not available."  Am I the last to know something? ...

Has This Ever Happened To You?
Oct 11, 2010

Occasionally when I'm doing an ASR report and insert a QA marker the yellow cursor marker will go away and the cursor goes to the end of the report.  Then I have to scroll back through the report to find my place and if I lift my foot off the foot pedal it happens again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  It's irritating on a really long report.  TIA. ...

What Has Happened To MT'ing?
Jun 14, 2011

(I am not a "suit." :-) ) I would like to know from some of you what is the going rate now (really) for lines per hour or hourly pay and if there are even steady hours anymore. I just can't believe that this "profession" has gone downhill so much and downhill so quickly in even the last 5 years. I wonder what the next 5 years will look like or if there will even be MTs? If anyone has left the "profession" because they just can't make a living doing this anymore, what are you doing n ...

What Happened To The Job Ad
Jul 03, 2012

that was just on there earlier and now it's gone? I was going to send an email, came back to get the address and the posting is gone. Must have hired someone already? ...

What Do You Think Might Have Happened...
Jan 07, 2013

When I signed on this morning, I pulled down 3 reports.  I did the first one and went back to find just one left.  What happened to the other report?  Please let me know if you know.  Thanks ...