A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you're check was incorrect - rainyday

Posted: May 23, 2011

and short by a small amount, say .10, would you notify your MTSO or just let it go?  This is my situation and it is such a small amount I feel silly saying anything, and haven't brought it to their attention.  I've got mixed feelings about it... the money is due to me, but it's such a small amount it doesn't seem worth pursuing.  However, every little bit adds up.  It happens occasionally by a couple cents here and there and normally I don't say anything.  Just wondering what amount others would let go.  Thanks for your opinions. 

Oh man... spelling error -- "your" check n/m - rainyday

[ In Reply To ..]

Rainyday, you can go back and edit them out. I always - seem to see them after. :) Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
You do have to set a password when posting to get back in.

I always notify of any discrepancy no matter - how large or small

[ In Reply To ..]
What may seem insignifcant now can add up over time.

Plus, it speaks to their counting or bookkeeping practices. If little mistakes are being made, bigger ones are or will be made too. If they know you are watching every line, every cent, maybe they will be more careful to do so as well.

Similar Messages:

Incorrect Pay
May 08, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how to prove I typed a report?  Several typed reports are showing as VR with regards to pay scale.  Of course, the company I work for is not doing a thing about it.  Not sure how to prove this. ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

When W-2 Is Incorrect, You Think, On Purpose
Jan 27, 2015

I just received my W-2 from an employer who consistently paid late for the last 1-2 years. The employer has yet to finish paying me for work from the last quarter of the year and is about $600 to $700 short of what he owes me. The W-2 reflects the whole amount that I had earned instead of just what had been paid by the end of the year. Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what did you do? My feeling is -  not only that I cannot file an incorrect W-2 legally, but also that if I file w ...

If Ms. Is Incorrect Why Does ASR Print It?
May 22, 2015

x ...

Incorrect Time Sheet
Sep 18, 2011

My time card is not correct and cannot get in touch with CCM.  Out of work minimum wage needs to be added.  Do I go ahead and approve it or take my chances and don't approve it???  HELP ...

Incorrect PTO Pay Problem Being Corrected...
Jan 17, 2013

Wanted everyone to know they sent a communication acknowledging the problem, how it happened and that those short-changed will get their money on next week's check.  While this should have not happened in the beginning at least we know they didn't plan to rip us off permanently.   ...

Instant Text - My Glossary Is "incorrect"
Jan 14, 2010

Hi - My IT is great but for some reason it keeps telling me that my glossary is "incorrect."  I can still use the IT with my transcription program and can add entries, etc.  I just don't get it.  What exactly is "incorrect?"  My only thought on this is that I had copied something out of my transcription program from an E-mail (from the company) for an entry and ever since then it started doing this.  Anyone think this might be the reason or actually know the answer please let me know. ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Last Check
Aug 17, 2011

I turned in my 2-week notice and working the last week of the notice.  When can I expect to get my last check as I am waiting on labels from the company to send back computer and cannot get CCM to answer as to if check will be held until computer is returned?  Is there anybody with this experience that can tell me how long to expect to wait for the check and to wait for the labels as I have nowhere else to turn for the answers?  Really need my check, but cannot get anyone to send ...

Hey Check This Out...
Sep 13, 2011

Moderator:  I hope you will leave this on. Look on the Company Board. Scroll down to: Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey A journalist is doing an article on the local hospital's decision to outsource their transcription to Webmedx. The journalist wants info from MT's. Good chance to talk about Q, too! Here's a link to the article: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html ...

PT Check $100 Less Than FT
Oct 11, 2011

I'm no genuis, but I think I have to make some changes here.  My PT check for 20 hours was around 100 less than my FT 40 hour check.  I like my FT job, good accounts, great supervisors, but the lines just don't accumulate there like anywhere else I have ever worked.   Then I worry, what if the other company runs out of work or loses an account and I get laid off.  There is no security in this business anymore.  I guess, just don't burn your bridges b ...

Last Check..does Anyone Know?
Feb 13, 2013

Does anyone know how long it takes for Nuance to get your last check out to you? ...

Check This
Nov 08, 2013

Read ...

Can Someone Tell Me How We Check Our
Dec 13, 2013

line counts?   Is it in Fluency or in UltiPro, or something else?  Thanks for any help ...

No Check
Dec 27, 2014

Anybody else not have their checks deposited yesterday? I was going to pay bills this morning and my check is not there! ...

Check Out These Rates (4th One Down)
Jan 10, 2010

They're based in California: http:///www.chromolumeinc.comp/transcription/rates.html ...

BNP Or BMP? For Zestoretic Check.. Sm
Mar 15, 2010

She has dehydration, suspect medication induced.  Thanks! ...

Final Check
Jun 30, 2010

Do anybody know how your final check is sent by Keystrokes?  I had direct deposit and wondered if it would go that way or be mailed out. ...

Where Is Everyone This Morning? I Did Not Get My Check. Sm
May 10, 2010

Well, to the poster below in ESL garbage land, first let me say.  I too was in that same place 2 weeks ago.  An addition to my regular account, but it was all I was getting and NOT getting my OP notes at all.   The reports were not more than 20 lines usually, but I spent much, much time in trying to decipher and be FTR.  My CCM was very good about it, and told me it would be taken off and I would not have to do that account any longer.   Of course, I wish I had ...

Check Your Mailbox!
May 17, 2010

Ya just gotta love it! ...

It's So Nice To Not Have To Check That Box At The End
Sep 09, 2010

so many times i've cursed because i was at the end of my shift but i forgot to check the box and had to do another one ...

Check This Out, Very Scary
Nov 13, 2010

A doctor who cannot pronounce encephalomalacia! She fumbles around with it for a while and then says "oh well, I will just spell it" and did so like she was asking a question (did spell it correctly though). This is an English speaking dictator with an MD credential.  Must be a resident as she has a co-signer but, my God, she should be more familiar with terms by now you would think.  She also fumbles around with common medication names and mg instead of mcg for Synthroid. Fo ...

Background Check
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist ...

Check Out Link Below
Feb 23, 2011

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/71069538/Management-Led-Buyout-of-MedQuist-Causes-Shareholder-Claim-Investigation-by-Goldfarb-Branham-Law-Firm-LLP they are trading stocks with each other??  ...

Check On UltiPro
Dec 14, 2011

My check for this pay period isn't showing up today.  Is anyone else having this problem? ...

SPELL CHECK BOX
Jan 30, 2012

My spell check box is too small.  I cannot see the Ignore, change, etc. boxes.  Can anyone tell me how to enlarge the box so I can see all of the choices?  TIA ...

No Check, Who Do I Call?
Mar 27, 2012

I've always gotten a paper check, but this time, as of today, it hasn't arrived.  I know I should call HR, but who?  The one listed under "MTs and Operations" or the one listed under "Finance, Accounting"?   ...

Wed. Mail - Still No Check
Mar 28, 2012

Struck out here.  Hopefully one of the others still waiting has better luck.     ...

Check The New E-mail
May 14, 2012

Just now got it.  The good news is no pay cut ...

The Check Is In The Mail....sm
May 18, 2012

How long should I buy the line the check is in the mail?  A week, 2 weeks?  Grrrr..... ...