A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No check, who do I call? - Trampled underfoot

Posted: Mar 27, 2012

I've always gotten a paper check, but this time, as of today, it hasn't arrived.  I know I should call HR, but who?  The one listed under "MTs and Operations" or the one listed under "Finance, Accounting"?

I didn't get mine either. - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
My manager emailed payroll.

Me either,,see message - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
I just switched my direct deposit and it didnt go into either account..Emailed payroll and they said that the printed checks are mailed out on Wednesday (tomorrow) and if you dont have it by thurs to call and they will put stop payment on it..

Start with your CCM - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
that's what I'd do.

I did not either and things are looking gloomy at this point from a money standpoint - MT23

[ In Reply To ..]
My manager has been talking to payroll constantly, though that doesn't help the cable from being cut off any day now.
You still have not received it as of Tuesday (today) or Monday? b/c they are talking if I don't receive it today they will recut a check and that will take LONGER...
Sigh.

Tuesday mail already here - no check - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
This has NEVER happened before. Above poster mentions paper checks being sent on Wednesday and we should have them by Thursday?! That never happened before either. If there WAS some foul up, you'd think they could at least shoot us an e-mail with an explanation!

uh oh. This isn't good. Thanks for letting me know - MT24
[ In Reply To ..]
Will somehow survive through this but surely it is my first check of the month. Probably many other people here too. I just pray we can all make it through this. We still have to hang in there because there is the karma train after all...
why not get direct deposit - then no issues
[ In Reply To ..]
?
First paycheck. Just started early March - MT23
[ In Reply To ..]
I think some other people were switching over to DD as well as new hires were bothered by this particular incident, at least from what I gather...
What they told me - lisamar
[ In Reply To ..]
What they told me is that the checks were mailed out from FL LAST Wednesday, so that is how we usually get them on Fridays, but it sure seems odd that so many of us have not received them yet.
Ever happened before? - lisamar
[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious if anyone has ever had this happen before, and then suddenly 6 days later the check appears in the mailbox. They told me to wait until after mail delivered on Wed., so that's five days after normal receiptof the check.
I sure hope this is just an unlucky odd event. - MT3
[ In Reply To ..]
When it's your only source of funds, I hope this is the first and only time... will be interesting to see.
Never happened before - Trampled underfoot
[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for them for literally decades and this is the first time EVER the check has not arrived when scheduled.
Hmmm, well keep me posted, no pun intended! - lisamar
[ In Reply To ..]
Trampled underfoot, let me know if and when you get yours. Hopefully, by tomorrow we will get lucky. If not by tomorrow, I will proceed as instructed by the payroll dept. Good luck to us!

Direct Deposit (ASAP) - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I know it takes 2-3 cycles to go through, but life is so much easier. I spent TWO MONTHS fighting with the post office to get Christmas packages and another time they lost a check I sent to my mother to cover her living expenses for NINE MONTHS. I cancelled the check and sent her another, and it showed up NINE MONTHS later. I would love to jump on the "it's MModal" bandwagon, but honestly I have had more problems with the post office in three different states than I have with losing stuff legitimately.

One year I did not have Christmas because of the post office - MT4

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope it won't be this way with Easter this year. I started at a different company and I forewarned them weeks in advance not to be late on the Christmas check. It came the week after Christmas. By then I had quit the company as it was post marked the 26th. Not this company BTW. I can't believe this is happening all over again. I am making sure I have DD for next time, but anyone living paycheck to paycheck is in trouble when this happens and I am thinking that is most of us. I am getting another job in addition to this one to make sure I can save up money if my checks don't come on time. Only breadwinner in this house. I never want to see my son miss Christmas (or Easter) again...

Ugh! - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yes you can definitely be in trouble when that happens. I remember one hospital I worked for I had direct deposit. The checks that WERE TO BE DEPOSITED 12/23 were NOT. It would be another WEEK. As holiday bonus they gave us a free turkey...with purchase of $75 or more at some grocery store chain. Um..at that time you could get a free turkey at ANY grocery store with a coupon. I was lucky because it could have really affected me other than messing up Christmas for my son (he was like 2 at the time and I had presents already). This was the ONE time people with paper checks were better off LOL.
Sorry that happened to you but glad you thought ahead - ChristmasMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to me. Luckily I had a Christmas dinner already in the fridge, and he got a ton of dollar tree gifts and one big gift from Santa which was a lego set. To this day he is amazed he got all that stuff b/c he knew I was flat broke when my check did not show up. He still knows there must be a santa, how else! but seriously I was a nervous wreck over not being paid and cried more than I can remember. The next year to make up for it, I overextended on credit and got bit in the hiney. Oh the joys of the holidays and the dear ol US post office!
No paycheck on Tuesday still - TT-MT
[ In Reply To ..]
All of that is fine and dandy. Realistically we know that postal delivery is slow especially at holidays and double especially at Christmas time but to my knowledge there was no holiday this past week. I was informed by payroll that "they" just found out today that checks were mailed out Thursday instead of Wednesday. But, if checks are normally mailed out Wednesday and received Friday sometimes Saturday wouldn't it stand to reason that if they were mailed out Thursday they should have been received Saturday and if not Monday, but today is Tuesday and still no check; I'm just saying. Furthermore how is it that payroll would not know, I mean it is a payroll issue. Oh well, just praying instead of hoping that tomorrow I will be able to put gas in my car and go pay my bills.
Something is beginning to seem fishy to me - MT3
[ In Reply To ..]
Mailed Thursday now... I sure hope they were not overspending payroll and kiting payroll checks on the newbies/paper check people.
I too need to pay lights and cable extremely soon or I won't be able to work at all. Thursday, the old "check in the mail." Don't like this at all. Thanks for sharing the update... I hope we all receive our pay tomorrow b/c I think we all need to get to the store and pay the bills!
I realize MM is a huge corporation but (sm) - Geez
[ In Reply To ..]
Geez, I can't believe they don't just suck it up and overnight/FedEx replacement paychecks. To expect everyone to just sit around waiting perhaps another week or 10 days to receive their check (I'm assuming with so many people not receiving their check it is NOT a postal error) is ridiculous. There are some bills (i.e., cable and internet) that just won't wait or simply apply a late fee.

MM, if any higher ups are reading this thread, the morally RIGHT thing to do would be to stop payment on the presumably missing checks and issue new checks via overnight delivery.
Anyone here get paid today? Not me. - MTunpaidunfair
[ In Reply To ..]
At this point I'm testing for another position. Cannot afford to work for 3 weeks and not be paid. Just can't go without food and utilities.
Yep, sm, could not agree more - lisamar
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, that's what I thought yesterday. First I was told on the phone that the post office made some cutbacks, then first email stating if not received by Wed., they would begin reissue process, then today, I am told via email that they are in the process of addressing the issue with their "vendor." No apology, nada. What in the world is going on I wonder?
Not looking good to me now - lisamar
[ In Reply To ..]
When I emailed, did not get an apology or "sorry," only that they would look into it with their vendor and get back to me. Hubby says this sounds fishy to him too. Sure is hard to keep on pounding the keys wondering what this is all about.

M*M - ALIAS TODAY

[ In Reply To ..]
Holy cow!!! I just, today, finished testing for mm. I felt as if I were working a part-time job and it took as long as 4 hours, or seemed to! Now I am scanning through all of these posts about MM and am really scared. This company "steals lines"? I only have experience working with one at-home company and I thought it was great and even was paid more than when I worked on-site at the hospital - but, for the 1st time ever in my life, I lost a job!! They eliminated our jobs!! Big wakeup call for me! So, IF I am even considered for MM, is it worth it to work there? Is there another company out there better, more pleasant, that pay well? Sounds like, only in my dreams! I hope not I have a son to provide for by meself :D

doubt they would do that again - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
They had to go to court over all that. Even though they swore they weren't doing it, they settled. Now they've got other ways of robbing us blind but not that one.

Similar Messages:

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

On Call M-F 8-5 P.m. Are You Serious?
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

ON CALL WITHOUT PAY?
Mar 25, 2011

An account manager sent out an email suggesting that we monitor our emails on our weekend days off, and then log on to help if requested. Am I the only one who expects to not check emails or work during my one weekend day off? Even though I have a required schedule, should I expect to work 7 days a week in this industry, including on my days off? Am I asking too much to be allowed to not turn on my computer on my day off, or to be allowed to go out without worry about rushing home to check em ...

MD-IT Or Whatever They Call Themselves Now
Oct 30, 2012

just heard from someone who worked there. ...

On-call Pay?
May 24, 2013

Does anyone have experience with being on call, whether you have to be paid for on-call time?  My husband works a job in maintenance and they just recently cut their hours back to 32 hours per week, having them off on Fridays.  They told them that if an "emergency" occured on their off day that they would be called in.  Well, today, husband went out of town to visit his mom and his boss called and told him to go to a work order that needed to be done and he told her he was out of ...

Call With MM, Did It
Jul 11, 2014

Just curious as to how the call went. ...

Just Got A Call From Somebody At
Feb 26, 2015

asking me why I haven't been working, this is nearly a month after the work vanished.  I told her in my most p---sed off voice that there has been no work, no answers to emails, no calls, and no explaination as to anything, and they finally figured out how to call me after a month??!!   She said something like "oh, work  has been slow" and I said not slow, NO WORK (yelling at this point) and Imedx should be ashamed of themselves and I hope one day she finds herself in the sam ...

Ace Call
Mar 14, 2015

She had an ACE call this morning for severe hypoglycemic reaction. Is it Ace, ace, or ACE? I can't find any documentation of this but it is spoken clearly. ...

Anybody Else In On This Call?
May 29, 2015

.... ...

Soft Call?
Nov 12, 2009

Her EMG about six months ago by Dr. _____ showed some left soft call 6-7 radicular suggestion but more importantly no peripheral nerve entrapment, injury or disease.   is this soft call? ...

Beware On Call....
Feb 20, 2010

***** hires subcontractors and pays out of her personal checking account.  Says she pays every week, but does in the beginning then things happen......wrong postage used on check, somebody else got your check, wrong address, etc.  Several weeks late and then cannot leave voice message, does not answer IM or email.  On Call does not care because we work for BS and not for him.  Do not work for these people.  This happened to at least 2 MTs in the past 4 months. ...

Craniotomy: S/l By-call Gel
Mar 10, 2010

"We then opened the dura and reflected it inferiorly.  The dura was protected with s/l Bichol/bycall/bical gel to prevent dessication."  STUCK!!!  cannot find anything near this --- anybody??? ...

Call To Action-ASR
May 28, 2010

We have talked about unions, organizing, etc.  Probably not very realistic.  But surely there is some way to have our voices heard in numbers regarding the fact ASR is not the product they tell us it is.  All these numbers being based around the fact we can be so much more productive on ASR are lies.  If it were true, we would all shut up and produce.  Our voices are not being heard.  MQ should stand behind their claims.  I tried again to get positive changes m ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Yet Another Global Call Of BS
Jul 28, 2010

Let me boil it down for you. India = GREAT US = SUCKS more later when my head cools down. ...

Anyone Doing The KS Conference Call?
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I have any questions, but I would like to know what others have to say, anyone else going to be joining in or already has?   ...

Now I Know Why We Call It Hump Day... See Msg
Oct 21, 2010

Like the sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of our Lives in MQ land....   The camels are taking our jobs across the desert to BaliWood!!!   And downloading this morning is as slow as a camel......    Constant trend now, is there something about Wednesday nights and Thursdays?  Is that when they send all our work to India?   I waited, and still waiting for one job to download over 30 minutes!!!   First NJA, then a job and still ...

Ever Wish You Could Call An ESL Dictator
Oct 30, 2010

on the phone to correct their grammer? I have this one who always says "chynosis" for cyanosis and "catheterism" for catheterization.  It was funny at first, but now very irritating!  Thanks for the vent. ...

Call List?
Dec 18, 2010

I am doing a report where the family is unable to take care of the patient at home so the hospital  placed her on some kind of call list?  Cannot understand what kind of list. ...

When You Are New And Out Of Work Who Do You Call?
Feb 26, 2011

When you are brand-new, as in the second day of actual transcribing, your CCM and quality coach are off and you are constantly getting NJA, who do you contact?  what do I need to do?  help!!!! frustrating.  Can't make progress if can't transcribe. ...

WMX Call Question
Mar 14, 2011

We didn't get a chance to ask questions on the call, but did I understand it correctly that he mentioned radiology?  As far as I can tell, there were no radiology accounts under my previous STM.  I guess wait until tomorrow and see what happens, sure hope I didn't get switched from acute to radiology.  ...

Oh Joy! WMX Conference Call This P.m.
Apr 18, 2011

. ...

On-call Pharmacist? Please Sm
May 25, 2011

Patient has been sleep-deprived lately.  She is an on-call s/l pharm-v or fom-v. Thanks! ...

Ok, Call Me Crazy But . . . .
Sep 01, 2011

here?  it seems pretty simple to me.  I type, you pay.  I meet TAT, you meet payroll.  apparently 2+2 does not = 4?  ...

They Call THIS Incentive?!
Oct 22, 2011

I started a new job at the beginning of September, but I don't think I'll be there much longer mainly due (1) lack of work on my account lately, and (2) it turns out I really don't like having to punch in and out and stick to a schedule. But another thing, which doesn't factor (as much) into my desire to leave this company, is their so-called incentive plan. Check this out and tell me if this would really spur you on to type extra lines: First 2000 lines above minimum 12,0 ...

I Got The Call Today
Feb 10, 2012

from Transcend decreasing my pay. :(  Anybody else? ...

Conference Call/pay?
Feb 16, 2012

So, we're scheduled for an upcoming conference call and have to be clocked off but will get paid forour time.  So .  . . do we get paid that ridiculously low PTO time that obviously is getting lowered for practically all of us every 6 months?  Does anyone find it strange that 99% of us have had our PTO pay cut soooo much over the years?  Might be a good time to bring it up, during the conference calls, so that we can all chime in about it at the same time.   ...

M*Modal Call
Mar 23, 2012

? is this call a scam?  I left MQ a few months back for a number of reasons; now the other day I get a voice mail from someone at M*Modal wanting to know if I'd be interested in being re-hired and they are waving the testing.  Has anyone else received this call? ...