A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

background check - hardworker

Posted: Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone out there not pass the background test through medquist

A friend of mine failed the MQ credit check - Sad state of United States

[ In Reply To ..]
due to a bankruptcy she went through 2 years ago when her husband got laid off and lost health insurance and then one of her kids had an accident and was hospitalized for some time. They lost everything and had to move to another state where her husband found a job.

She is having a hard time finding a job because of the backgound checks. It seems a lot of companies are doing this now, sucks big time. I really do not know what someone's credit history has to do with working from home as MT!

background - nittlion

[ In Reply To ..]
Did MQ actually inform her of that? It's rather brutal considering how the economy is!

Yes, she called and that is what they said. - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

They don't do CREDIT checks but BACKGROUND - checks and failure is due to charges filed.

[ In Reply To ..]
If someone has a criminal background, they will fail the BACKGROUND check.

No, background check INCLUDES a credit check - Sad state of United States

[ In Reply To ..]
My friend called MQ and they said she failed the credit check done during their background check (but would say no more), and the only thing it could have been was the bankruptcy. Besides, there is no criminal history in this case, although she did get a parking ticket once.

I was just as shocked as she was that companies can do this.
BG check can include a credit check but can also just - do background without the credit part. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Background vs Credit check - travelinmt
[ In Reply To ..]
A background check is for any criminal history.

Credit Check is done for credit issues.

Obviously there are reasons for checking for a criminal background when you are hiring employess who will have access to patient's private info.

Credit checks are done to show responsibility. Companies don't like the hassle or cost of having to comply with orders of wage garnishment. In this economy it makes it really difficult if you have no job no way to pay your bills. This is one reason it is important to notify your creditors if you are starting to fall behind and try to work out some type of payment arrangement/agreement with them.

Traveling for work for many years; many clients wanted a background,credit chcek and fingerprints.

Weird, I passed the background check in March after filing bankruptcy less than 2 yrs ago. - kms

[ In Reply To ..]
They didn't even mention it or question it. In fact, they specifically said they weren't looking at credit issues.

Background Check - Hardworker

[ In Reply To ..]
Well this is "hardworker" I passed my background check and we had filed backruptcy this year. So evidently they do not consider your credit, just if you have a criminal background. So everyone thank you for your posts.

Similar Messages:

Encompass - Background Check?
Oct 12, 2009

How are they to work for and do they do a background check? Thanks. ...

Background Check For Coders
Apr 12, 2012

I was wondering about what on a background check would prohibit one from getting a job as a coder at a hospital.  I know the obvious, but what about a misdemeanor DUI from the late 1980s on an otherwise clean-as-a-whistle record with someone who has great credit to boot?  Would that be a deal breaker?  The applicant would have the preferred credentials in place and would otherwise be a good candidate.     ...

VA Hospital Background Check Is Horrible!
Oct 12, 2009

You must be fingerprinted and tell them what you've been doing since the day you were born. Whoever said it is just a cursory background check was lying to us. ...

Has Anyone NOT Passed The Background Check For Diskriter? Sm
May 05, 2011

I assume they would let you know.   I was hired, but never heard back from them after that.  I know that my credit score is pretty bad right now ... hope that did not cost me a job.    Still, I would think they would let me know. ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

VA Background?
Jun 06, 2011

What's "VA background?"  - voice something?  (It's in a job seeker's ad.)  Thanks. ...

Will It Be A Big Disadvantage Not To Have ICD-9 Background
Apr 14, 2011

Also, which training/certification takes longer, the CCS or the CPC?  Thanks1 ...

Background Checks
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know if companies typically call your former employers for background checks?  I have jumped around a lot in the last several years for various reasons, and still looking for the right fit, but have applied to 10 different companies in 2 weeks and have only heard from 2. I'm wondering if my resume and recent work history is the problem. I'm an MT of 8 years, so lack fo experience is not the problem. Maybe it's the time of year? If I don't find something soon, ...

Background Interference
Jun 19, 2015

Hard to hear dictation today.  Motorcycle rally in town this weekend and they are driving up and down my street, which is a main street in the community.  Can't understand people saying that they can't hear a Harley.  I find them loud.  I was told  they put loud mufflers on them as a safety tool.  Have not been on 1 in probably 20 or more years. ...

Need To Change Background Color
Oct 20, 2009

I work in Escription, word and need to change the background color from blue to something else. TIA ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...

DocQScribe - Background Color
May 04, 2011

Is it possible to change the background color to something other than white in DocQScribe? ...

Precyse Background Checks
Mar 27, 2012

I tested and passed with Precyse and was interviewed twice and offered a position and accepted.  I have received 3 acceptance letters, a start date, and an email stating my equipment is on the way.  I was called by HR saying they are getting ready to run the background check and wanted to know what charges I had to make certain it meshes with what they uncover.  Of course I am crazy anxious about this, but it also just all seems like a very chaotic hiring system.  Shouldn ...

Font Color/background
Mar 30, 2012

Morning....I have been having a lot of trouble finding a background/font color that does not strain my eyes.  Does anyone have one they love and would not mind sharing?  Thank you much! ...

Sick Of Background Noises
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone ever just want to type a note in the QA box to the client regarding background noises of nurses etc running their mouth about anything, cell phones going off, ventilator going up and down, etc etc etc.  I have a doctor right now, and a long report, that so far has 23 QA markers all because the nurses (? anyway females) in the background are so loud and the doctor is listening to them and trying to dictate, not to mention he needs to use a Kleenex and is a horrible ESL.   Ok ...

Commercial Ads Playing In Background...
Jun 05, 2015

I've been having this problem recently. Whenever I'm on computer, whether it be looking at a website, reading email, etc., I will intermittently have commercial ads (audio) play in the background. I've had my ISP do tune-ups and malaware/virus removal twice in the last two days. Today, after being on Internet for 30 minutes, there it was again; a commercial for ice cream. How can I work listening to dictations with commercials playing at the same time? Does anyone know what is goi ...

MS Word '07 To Change Background To Blue
Oct 22, 2009

I have looked and looked in word options under every single thing and cannot find out how to change the background to "blue" instead of white.  I also think it would be easier on the eyes.  I once tried this at a different job by right clicking on the desktop and going in that way under properties, to colors, etc but ended up messing the whole thing up.  I can't afford to do that unless I know step by step how to do this.  Does anybody know how to do this in word 07?&nb ...

EEG Report S/l CD Opens With Background Activity
Nov 16, 2009

The s/l CD opens with background activity in the range about five cycles per second. ...

Word 2002 Background Color
Jul 10, 2010

Is there a way to Default Word 2002 to open up a document in a different color than the white background?  I know how to change the background color but how do you keep the new color to stay as is whenever I open a new document? ...

Attention: LK - Changing Background Color
May 10, 2011

I have a PC with Vista and a PC with Windows 7 and it is done differently than Windows XP.  Thought I would never figure it out.  Here goes.... Go to <control panel>  Click on <Ease of Access Center> Click on <Set up High Contrast> Click on <Choose a High Contrast Color Scheme> A box labeled <Appearance Settings> will come up.  There will be a drop down box with different choices.  I don't think it matters which theme you choose.&n ...

Changing The Screen Background Color In DQS 7.1?
Sep 25, 2012

Does anyone know how to change the screen background color in 7.1?  I have it set to a light gray that doesn't hurt my eyes so much.  In every other application it is still the same, but DQS 7.1 is now a brilliant white!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Background Nursing/support Staff
Dec 19, 2012

are at a fever pitch, as usual around the holidays. I seriously don't see how patients get any rest with all of this squealing and shrieking. ...

I Was Hired For A New Job Contingent On Me Passing A Background. Sm
May 05, 2013

Has anyone ever NOT passed the check? My credit is not so hot and I had a DUI about 30 years ago (dumb), so I am a bit nervous that this might screw up my employment. In the old days, people just hired you or didn't hire you. Sigh. ...

Ideas For Background Music Player
Aug 06, 2013

I started using Spotify this week after my trusty old radio quit on me.  I adjusted the volume to just the right level.  Working away and then AN ADVERTISEMENT COMES ON AT FULL VOLUME.  So now my ears are ringing and I need to find something that doesn't change volume when ads come on.  I don't mind the ads, I just don't want them blasting what is now left of my eardrums.  I have heard of Pandora, but not much else.  I have iHeartRADIO preinstalled on ...

I Find That Sometimes Other Data Seems To Run In The Background And Slows My
Dec 21, 2013

computer typing screen down.  Is there a way to clear out background without having to reboot the computer.  I have my own computer.   I think it is after I got into other websites to look at something like Goggle or what have you. ...

Font And Background Color Preference
May 27, 2014

I am wondering if anyone has a preference to the colors.  My eyes burn terribly and I get a really bad headache about halfway through my shift.  The place I used to work for was in-house and had all their transcription computers set so the font was white and the background was dark blue.  Wonding of this is meant to be easier on the eyes?  ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...

Doesn't Diskriter Require Background Checks?
Jul 10, 2010

NM ...

Meditech Question (white Screen Background)
Feb 16, 2011

How do you create canned text?  I know to use the F4, then F9 to select the canned text but I don't know how to create my own canned text. Any help is appreciated.   ...