A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where is everyone this morning? I did not get my check. sm - ververyoldMT

Posted: May 10, 2010

Well, to the poster below in ESL garbage land, first let me say.  I too was in that same place 2 weeks ago.  An addition to my regular account, but it was all I was getting and NOT getting my OP notes at all.   The reports were not more than 20 lines usually, but I spent much, much time in trying to decipher and be FTR.  My CCM was very good about it, and told me it would be taken off and I would not have to do that account any longer.   Of course, I wish I had known that after I spent 4 days of my schedule and destroying my production.  I do feel for those who this particular account is their regular BOB. 

Now, for my second angst.  I DID NOT get my check direct deposited yet.  It is 11:30 a.m. in the EDT Zone.  My power is due by 3pm today or they are going to shut it off!!!   I have cried and cried for months now, squeezing and pleading with all my utilities and one creditor to work with me. 

Nothing else to say.  Don't tell me look for another job, I CANNOT.  And I am sure there are others of us MQ MTers who are in the same boat.  20 year employee (TL first), always done research on my jobs, QUALITY always was my motto.  Going back to college will not suffice, as I am too close to early retirement age, and I have too many health issues that prevent me from working from home.  PT 24 hours, so I won't get UI either I suppose.

God Bless all of you my coworkers.  I just needed to write my thoughts and angst down.  I am not a basher, nor do I want to be bashed back.

ververyoldMT - Debi

[ In Reply To ..]
I did get paid today but my situation is even worse, if you can imagine. My rent is behind and it doesn't look good for my son and I.

whoops, I meant to say prevent me from working outside the home.. nm - ververyoldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
again, I meant to say too many health issues that prevent me from working OUTSIDE the home. And don't even mention trying for SSD, we had to wait 3 years with no pay before my hubby could get his, and he really needed it. Only after he was lying in a pool of blood from internal hemorrhaging and spent 3 months in intensive care did the govt finally approve his disability. Once he got it, then he is told he can make up to $900 a month and still get the disability. Why did we have to wait for 3 years with only my poor paycheck to support us? Lost our home and he has had 2-3 surgeries a year since; not to include the fact I CANNOT get Adult Medicaid because we have no children in our home. No foodstamps because we make too much gross... The list goes on.

So, I just exist and continue to keep Faith in a morally deficit world. And to top it off, I am ALLERGIC to Peanut Butter and cannot have any type of wheat products (Celiac disease). Call me Jobette.

I maintain that it will be better sometime.. Continued strength and love to you all MTers wherever you are in the US...

Why do you say you cannot look for a new - job?You have a computer

[ In Reply To ..]
right ? So get busy and test for other companies and go with one. You can research them on line, test, and interview for multiple companies . It's free. Just takes up time. I tested for 4 or 5, got 3 offers, one didn't want part-time, other was not hiring, chose one and have been a happy camper ever since. There are places out there with good work still--sure there is ESL everywhere, but most of it is do-able, not like the Q's ESL for some weird reason.
GOod luck !

Being an MT doesn't mean you have a - computer

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to look for another job, but I am very limited because I don't have my own computer, and I especially can't afford one now with losing $12,000 a year with MQ.

OK, sorry. But other companies will also send - you computer and all

[ In Reply To ..]
ancillary equipment. Do the applications while you still have the MQ computer then. Again - sorry about the assumption.
which companies? only a few do; most require own equipment. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I replied to this by e-mail, but it came back as - an invalid address. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

NJA - Anyone Else This Morning????
Dec 01, 2009

x ...

Always NJA In Morning
Jan 30, 2010

I'm getting so tired of having a report or two, then NJA, then while waiting another report comes, then NJA, etc., etc., early in my shift.  Sure, we have been encouraged to just check back later on and work then.  I really don't know why they suggest or even allow this to happen.  When you log on during another shift, all you're doing is taking work from those folks who normall work then.  They in turn are then told to work later too and this cycle of NJA just ...

NJA This Morning Anyone?
Jun 17, 2010

Already, and on a Thursday!  Northeast ...

After Seeing The Ad This Morning For The IC And They
Jan 02, 2012

only want to pay 8 cpl on top of requiring a foot pedal and specific software, has anyone ever emailed these places to tell them how absolutely ridiculous it is for them to expect us to buy a footpedal and specific software when the pay is low?  Just curious. ...

No Work This Morning -- Again.
Nov 16, 2009

No work again.  How many other people are OUT of work??? I hope no one. ...

Is There Anyone Actually Working This Morning?
Nov 27, 2009

I think I have not worked on a Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving, for the last 4 years because of NO JOBS AVAILABLE. ...

No Jobs Available This Morning
Jan 01, 2010

It was slow last night too.  I had to work back to back for the holiday with no holiday pay late last night while others were celebrating around the neighborhood.  Then at midnight when I got off work, it was just in time to see all the fireworks go off in the neighborhood. I wonder if no jobs available will be all day long!!! ...

My DD Is In The Bank This Morning
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

UGH... This Is A 4 Tums Morning
Apr 03, 2010

I am sick to death of typing on accounts not in my BOB!  This is the 4th one already and I am only an hour into my shift. There are no samples in the repositry, there are no jobs that come up under the dictator look up feature... I keep stuffing down the Tums, wondering why in the heck I was forced to do weekend hours when there is no work in my accounts on the weekend. I HATE THIS.  How do you all do it?  Who put me in this "helper pool" in the first place? ...

No Jobs Available In My BOB For This Morning.
May 17, 2010

x ...

Anybody Having Problems With DQS This Morning? - Nm
Jun 28, 2010

xx ...

Glorious Morning
Jun 09, 2010

Up too late last night fighting with the husband, get up this morning draaaaagging.  Find I have no Internet or phone.  Call the cable people.  Finally get signed on and lo and behold NO JOBS AVAILABLE.  My calendar must be wrong.  This must be Friday the 13th. ...

Responded To A Job Ad On Here This Morning But....
Aug 30, 2010

Job ad disappeared from this site...any idea why that would be??  ...

Only 10:30 AM, Monday Morning, And Already I Could Use A (sm)
Nov 01, 2010

STIFF drink after finishing an operative report on an AMERICAN doctor that I could barely understand because he apparently thinks that he is the roadrunner and wants to see how fast he can dictate.  WHEW, hopefully the day will get better??? ...

So I Took The Test This Morning For TCI
Nov 23, 2010

Needless to say, I will not be working for them.  When I come across doctors who actually care to slow down and speak clearly, that will be the right company for me.  I swear I understood about every fifth word these awful dictators said.  And they were not ESL!!  Very irritating! ...

Still Down As Of 10:30 This Morning Pacific !
Sep 27, 2011

It's now a little after 2 p.m. and still no go - ...

Another Morning At TransTech
Jan 04, 2012

Another morning at TransTech and another morning with no work on 3 accounts.  Totally dry for the past 1-1/2 hours.  Zilch.  Nature of the beast, I guess.  In the meantime, my resume is done and sent.  Wish me luck! ...

Can't Get Into UltiPro This Morning
Apr 18, 2012

Ugh, I can't get into UltiPro this morning.  First it told me my password was expired so I changed it.  Then it told me my account is inactive.  There's no support number that I can find to get help on this.  Does anyone have any ideas?  TIA ...

Oh Me, Got A Gum Smacker This Morning. Do These
Apr 17, 2012

numbskulls not realize there is a human being on the end of the dictating apparatus they are using.  It is absolutely disgusting, nauseating, rude and totally unprofessional.  If a physician went into a room to examine a patient smacking gum, it would be deemed totally unacceptable.  The same thing with carrying on side conversations, laughing, eating, burping, snorting, harking, spitting, coughing, et cetera.  They would NOT be in business very long.  Dictating that med ...

DQS Acting Up Again This Morning!!!
Jul 11, 2012

ARRRGGG! ...

DQS Is Very Very Slow This Morning.
Aug 02, 2012

What is going on with this system this morning.  It is barely moving. ...

I Have An Interview This Morning. I'm Not Sure I
Oct 12, 2012

I've read through these posts and are Nuance and Transcend separate but the same?  What side is better and how do you know what one to ask for?  Is it just the platform that is different?  Any info appreciated. ...

Thurs 12/6-Morning-
Dec 06, 2012

Thursday 12/6.  Morning.   Anyone having trouble with jobs downloading, audio downloading, jobs uploading, and/or doing ADT searches or physician searches? ...

Anyone Else Low On Work This Morning?
Dec 11, 2012

1 job so far... ...

Not Much Work This Morning
Jan 22, 2013

I don't want to give a status update because I was told the other day I was "looking at it wrong" which I don't think I was, but let me just say, there's not much work at home or abroad. ...

A Productive Morning :)
Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works. I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.   ...

Friday Morning, Once Again Nja
Apr 19, 2013

My paycheck today was a whopping $40.00.  Nja again today.  ...

Just A Little LOL For Your Sunday Morning...
Apr 28, 2013

Had An Interview This Morning To Get Out Of MT
Aug 14, 2013

I haven't went to a formal interview in YEARS, but she kept saying how great my resume looked and she said a few times "WHEN you work here" but she would slip in "If you should be hired" sometimes.  She even asked me if I wanted to see "my" office and she seemed excited to show me and she gave me a tour of the entire facility.  That sounds promising, right?  I feel like I'm right on the edge of being able to get out of this horrid nightmare with not being able to pay my ...