A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I straight type 5 lines per min or 300 lph - is that good?

Posted: Mar 27, 2012

NO VR.  Straight typing.  65 cpl

sure, that's good - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
even better if it's with speed-talking foreign doctors, or food chomping, burping speakers, or paper shuffling, muffled dictators, etc...

are you being serious? - laszlo50

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that good???!!! Nah, that is pretty shabby. Get out of here. I struggle to do 200, but I far prefer VR anyway. You speed typer!

Similar Messages:

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

Straight Typing, Always More Minutes Than Lines
Oct 10, 2013

On the straight typing accounts I work on, there are a lot of residents. I always do more minutes than lines. The standard 1 minute = 10 lines does not happen. I have to do 120 minutes and over to do 1000 lines. Just wondering about this.  ...

Has Anyone Ever Confirmed That We Get Paid Straight Type For F11
Feb 15, 2011

By that, I mean, can you actually tell on your pay check? I've tried to in the past but have never been able to confirm it. I am seriously so ready at this point to F11 for my entire evening shift (if I thought I would get paid for straight typing). Might as well, that's what I'm doing anyway! ASR has been very naughty in the past couple of days (worse than usual) and in my earlier shift, honestly not more than one word usable in an entire sentence. It is griping me to no end to g ...

How Long Do We Get To Straight Type On Docuscribe 7
Jun 21, 2012

How long do we get to straight type on Docuscribe 7 before they convert it to ASR? Thanks! ...

Silent Type - Has ANYONE Received A Straight Answer?
Feb 15, 2013

Has ANYONE received a straight answer?  It just gets worse and worse.  Yesterday I sat here continuously clicking and clicking and clicking.  I get one little job, maybe two if I'm lucky, then after repeatedly clicking for anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as an hour, I will get another measly job.  THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!  I'm really scared and want the truth, not "Oh, there's plenty of work."  Does anyone have a clue? ...

Avg IC Line Rates For Experienced MT/QA Straight Type And ASR? Nm
Jun 08, 2015

Switching from employee to IC for first time in my life and have seen low rates offered. What is the typically going rate? Shouldn't it be higher for straight typing and because you are an IC and not employee?   Thanks! ...

Is 7 Cpl Straight Type Standard For Acute Care Part Time? NM
Oct 03, 2012

How Many Lines Can You Type In VR?
Sep 15, 2010

the place i'm working at claims that we should be able to type twice as much in voice recognition as we can straight typing.  I am making about 3/4 of that and am having to work harder to achieve that.  I am getting concerned about my productivity.  Was wondering what everyone out there is getting?  Are you getting twice as much done in VR? ...

How Many VR/SR Lines Do You Edit/type In A Day?
Jun 02, 2012

I think the platform is great. I use most of the important hot keys to increase speed, do not use the mouse much, and rely on the keyboard. The dictators are crystal clear. The editing is minimal; it's the cleanest I have seen in my experience. My internet connection is fast. I am not having any technical problems. The account specs are simple and clear. To make the same in VR as I was with traditional transcription, I would need to do 300 VR lines per hour, and I just can& ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

How Do You Calculate How Many Lines You Type Per Hour?
Sep 19, 2010

I have heard that some companies expect you to type a minimum of 150 lines/hr.  How do you calculate how many lines you type per hour? ...

Line Counts - Type A Certain Number Of Lines Per Day
Sep 01, 2010

Right now I work doing transcription but have never had to type a certain number of lines per day.  We just have to have our work done in a timely manner.....24-48 hours.  I am looking at taking a job where they require 1000-1200 lines per day working FT hours and am curious how long that would take typically?  I am not the fastest typist in the world and don't want to get in over my head.  If I can't work overtime and need to get that many lines done, it concerns me.  For tho ...

Voice Recognition - Less Money Per Line, But Less Lines To Type!
Jun 10, 2010

Just accepted a position that is mostly VR.  I am looking forward to it because I figure, less money per line, but less lines to type!  Am I wrong?  I mean, shouldn't you be able to do more using VR?  Just curious as to opinions.  Because I'm all for it if it means less typing.  Thanks! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Straight Up....
Jan 04, 2011

This board is full of so many negatives about Medquist.  Can anyone tell me anything GOOD about Medquist? TIA ...

ASR Vs Straight
Jan 28, 2014

Noticing today that I am doing a LOT more typing than editing.  Hoping this is NOT the new trend.  Also, whole paragraphs added that were not dictated.  It just keeps getting more and more complicated. ...

Please, Let's Get This Straight.
Dec 07, 2014

Nuance is doing YOU, the MT, no favor when they say they willl pay the minimum wage.  They are REQUIRED by federal law to pay you the minimum wage based upon your state's minimum wage rate.  If you think that you will drop below minimum wage because of #s of reports sent to QA, errors, or whatever, understand by federal law, Nuance has no choice but to pay up, they cannot skirt it.  It is s a federal law!  There are a lot of erroneous posts on here.  Please do your ...

Straight Away Gait?
Feb 04, 2010

Gait was a bit unsteady on tandem, but was not diagnostic on the straight away gait ...