A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many VR/SR lines do you edit/type in a day? - Sophie2012

Posted: Jun 02, 2012

I think the platform is great.

I use most of the important hot keys to increase speed, do not use the mouse much, and rely on the keyboard.

The dictators are crystal clear.

The editing is minimal; it's the cleanest I have seen in my experience.

My internet connection is fast.

I am not having any technical problems.

The account specs are simple and clear.

To make the same in VR as I was with traditional transcription, I would need to do 300 VR lines per hour, and I just can't seem to get past 150-180 lines per hour.

Do you think the rate of speech has an impact on line count while using the production modality of VR? I can do 1x2 speed comfortably, but I think anything faster could increase the margin for error, which is of course concerning, and doesn't HIPAA require a certain amount of backspace to be safe and inclusive of all that is dictated? Plus, whatever you have your backspace set at, would count against you as "relistening time" which is considered nonproductive.

So what is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong? I want to make this work for me.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I did 450 lph VR the one and only day I did it for one company - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That was with physicians I had been typing for over 3 years. I type anywhere from 350-450 lph (usual variables of difficult dictators). I chose not to do VR and went with a different company doing straight transcription. I did try VR with another company and found that I would never be able to VR 700-900 lph to make the money I was doing at straight transcription. I was not fortunate to encounter clean documents. The majority was ESL dictation that needed extensive cleanup. Hence, trying to stay under the radar and hoping not to lose a straight transcription job to VR again.

What's your secret? - Sophie2012

[ In Reply To ..]
Were there a lot of normals used?

What's your work habits like when editing a VR note, especially with extensive cleanup used, I am sure your tips could help a lot of MTs.

Similar Messages:

How Many Lines Do You Edit Per Payperiod?
May 08, 2011

I was reading somewhere on here where FastChart said one of their VR editors edited 53,000 in a payperiod!!      ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

28 Blanks. Cannot Hear It, Cannot Edit/type It.
May 15, 2015

After giving the information to QAM and TSM for more than a year, I am not giving anymore free time letting them know. ...

How Many Lines Can You Type In VR?
Sep 15, 2010

the place i'm working at claims that we should be able to type twice as much in voice recognition as we can straight typing.  I am making about 3/4 of that and am having to work harder to achieve that.  I am getting concerned about my productivity.  Was wondering what everyone out there is getting?  Are you getting twice as much done in VR? ...

I Straight Type 5 Lines Per Min Or 300 Lph
Mar 27, 2012

NO VR.  Straight typing.  65 cpl ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

How Do You Calculate How Many Lines You Type Per Hour?
Sep 19, 2010

I have heard that some companies expect you to type a minimum of 150 lines/hr.  How do you calculate how many lines you type per hour? ...

Line Counts - Type A Certain Number Of Lines Per Day
Sep 01, 2010

Right now I work doing transcription but have never had to type a certain number of lines per day.  We just have to have our work done in a timely manner.....24-48 hours.  I am looking at taking a job where they require 1000-1200 lines per day working FT hours and am curious how long that would take typically?  I am not the fastest typist in the world and don't want to get in over my head.  If I can't work overtime and need to get that many lines done, it concerns me.  For tho ...

Voice Recognition - Less Money Per Line, But Less Lines To Type!
Jun 10, 2010

Just accepted a position that is mostly VR.  I am looking forward to it because I figure, less money per line, but less lines to type!  Am I wrong?  I mean, shouldn't you be able to do more using VR?  Just curious as to opinions.  Because I'm all for it if it means less typing.  Thanks! ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Cannot Edit Cc's
Feb 26, 2014

What in the world did they do to the cc list?  I can no longer edit anything.  Grrrr. ...

Don't Over Edit. Don't Over Edit. Sm
Oct 31, 2014

We've all heard that, right?  Someone should inform QA to not over QA then because adding in "a" or "the" or "an" is overediting!  Plus, we get dinged for it.  I'm so over this BS.  I am literally so nervous now when I sit down to work.  Yesterday, I slowed playback down to the point that I did 700 lines LESS than I had been doing just to see if this made any difference.  Nope.  Still got hit with a, an, the crap from QA.  If tomorrow's big ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Can Doctors Edit?-sm
Dec 20, 2013

Just wondering...when the documents are imported into the client's system, can their doctors edit them if they find an error before they sign off on them?  When I worked in-house, the doctors could either edit the report or re-dictate whatever we had blanked.  I'm just guessing that the reports go to a queue for the doctors to "read" and then sign since, legally, they are ultimately responsible for what they dictate.  Just wondering if anyone knew.  TIA.    ...

Anyone Know Of VR Edit Positions Pay 4 Cpl?
Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies out there that pay 4 cpl or above as an IC VR editor? Looking for work and all of them pay horrible.     Thanks  ...

How Do I Get From The Job Edit Page
May 27, 2015

For job edit, I hit ALT E and do what I need to do on the edit page.  To escape and return to the document, I hit ALT 3, tab, tab, tab, enter to return to the document. There has got to be an easier (less keystrokes) way to return to where I was without using the mouse. Please help me! ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

Wondering About Average Edit LPH
Mar 10, 2012

Just wondering what peoples' average edit lph is?  I realize the type of platform, account, dictators, etc. come into play, but is 500 lph a dream, particularly with escription?  TIA ...

Edit Script Glitches
Jul 05, 2012

Am I the only one who is constantly dealing with these issues? 1.  Lines of text overlapping eachother into a confused jumble.  If you highlight the document, some of of this will resolve and go away, but not all of it. 2. When leaving a pending note, the text I took 2 minues to thoughtfully word out just dissappears completely, and I have to type the whole thing all over again. 3.  When leaving a pending reason, the drop-down menu will randomly pick a reason for me, and I have ...

Edit Script Vs Escription
Dec 07, 2012

What is the difference between edit script and escription? I am considering platforms at various transcription companies and the transcription platform makes all the difference.  Thank you to all who offer help. ...

Need Tips On How To Edit VR More Quickly - SM
Oct 07, 2014

Hello.  I have just edited my first 5 VR reports ever.  It seems like ther must be a more efficient way to do it than what I was doing.  Every time I needed to make a change, I had to stop the recording and manually move my cursor to the right place.  I wish the Word cursor moved along with the dictation.  I'm sure this must be a learning curve thing.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...