A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Silent Type - Has ANYONE received a straight answer? - WTH????

Posted: Feb 15, 2013

Has ANYONE received a straight answer?  It just gets worse and worse.  Yesterday I sat here continuously clicking and clicking and clicking.  I get one little job, maybe two if I'm lucky, then after repeatedly clicking for anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as an hour, I will get another measly job.  THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!  I'm really scared and want the truth, not "Oh, there's plenty of work."  Does anyone have a clue?

No clue here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't hold your breath for a straight answer. All I know is we were all hired to work full time (because that's all she hires) and now we are working part time at best. On top of that, we lose benefits/PTO, etc., because of her inability to provide her employees with enough work.

file for partial unemployment right away - it takes a couple of weeks to kick in

[ In Reply To ..]
My situation was a little different in that I knew my account was transitioning to EPIC and I saw the writing on the wall and knew that a lay off was coming. When the work went from 1500 lines a day to 300, I filed for UE right away. I got laid off a week and a half later.

If you are hired as an employee and not IC, then you are eligible for unemployment. Don't wait around for them to yank your chain and get deeper in debt. File right now.

another option to consider - ex-STMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You can sit around scared to death about paying your bills, OR when the No Jobs Available screen comes up, look for another job. That's what I did. I was picky so it took me a couple of months, but I finally found what I wanted & I couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

Option/ex-STMT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have sent out so many resumes and most of the time, I don't even get a response. Are you still doing Hem/Onc? Congratulations to you for getting out of ST! I hope to very soon.

options - ex-STMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sending you an email.
To ex-STMT - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I got your email. Thank you very much!

Silent Type WTH - being lied to!

[ In Reply To ..]
You are being lied to, plain and simple. I will tell you how it plays out. Your work gets less and less, then you get an e-mail that you are not getting PTO because you have not met the minimum pages. You send an e-mail it is because you cannot get any jobs, only NJA. She tells you that you are the only one not meeting the minimum and that there is plenty of work. So for a week you milk the machine for 8-10 hours a day, night and day, to make may - and I stress maybe - $4.00 an hour with a total of 5 jobs=?8 pages. Now the pay periods ends and you AGAIN do not make the minimum. You get another e-mail that she does not have any part-time people working for Silent Type and perhaps you need to rethink if this is the right job for you.

You e-mail again that you are getting NJA, so she assigns you 5 jobs equaling 6 minutes of dictation, for a grand total of 5 jobs, then nothing for the rest of the day. So now you get 5 pages. Next day, nothing...and it goes that way for the pay period, again not making you minimum for the pay periods. So you go back and forth with e-mails and she talks all around the main point of your e-mail - main point being YOU CANNOT MAKE STRIDES IN MEETING THE MINIMUM IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY JOBS. Still she never addresses that point, just lies and says there is plenty of work.

I even questioned if it had anything to do with them going to VR. She said they did not do VR so she had no idea what I was speaking of or where I got that. AH! Anyone remember the e-mail she sent out last May - "Answers" in which she speaks about the clients wanting to go to "speech-to-text" and the new accounts would be going first.

Sorry, I'm rambling - bottom line is she will tell you that if in the next few weeks you do not make strides in meeting the minimum that she will have to ask for your resignation. She does not actually say you are fired because OMG you would get to sign up for UE if she did. But guess what, you can sign up anyway - because basically she is not giving you work and not paying you for sitting there trying to get work day after day and you are never going to make you minimum, so stop stressing and resign. She is not going to fire you, SHE WANTS YOU TO RESIGN PEOPLE, and she controls the work flow and only she can see how much WORK THAT IS NOT THERE! It is bad enough she is lying to you - stop lying to yourself. I finally did and it sure was great to wake up Friday morning stress free and the weight of "M" off my shoulders.

May we all be blessed in this New Year! Keep the faith! That is one thing they cannot take from us!

WOW - ex-ST2

[ In Reply To ..]
THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED WITH ME! EXACTLY!!

Thankfully, when I was let go I found work relatively quickly that actually HAS work, where the manager is not condescending and mean and nasty, and where it's actually enjoyable going to work. She did me a HUGE favor.

Silent Type - ex-ST2 - being lied to!

[ In Reply To ..]
Well there you go!. I KNEW I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE.

I cannot, for the life of me, undertand why she is recruiting for an Operation Manager, when according to her e-mail back in May 2012 "Answers", she is NOT RETIRING and THE COMPANY IS NOT FOR SALE!

If she is not retiring what is the Operation Manager going to be doing?? because she is not going to let go of CONTROL and let someone else manage.

Is this legal? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you should contact the Labor Board and/or Unemployment with some of these issues. Of course, we all know that these companies have been getting away with too much for way too long.

Silent Type sounds pretty shady. Sounds like - she uses the MTs to

[ In Reply To ..]
her benefit. Once the workload gets low then she comes up with excuses to shove you out the door after she has flipped the script to make it seem like its the MTs not meeting production.

Furthermore the fact that you cant see for yourself how much work is available and you have to go by what she tells you - thats ridiculous. It would be nice to know what to expect when you sign in to work. Maybe she has her pets that she assigns the work out to when work is low to keep them busy and says to heck with the rest. I would give her a peice of my mind before I quit. Might not do much good, but it might make you all feel better.
Silent Type Shady - being lied to!
[ In Reply To ..]
You can call it shady, sure; or just lied to.

There were several instances during my almost four years of employment with Silent Type that come to mind that I wrote off as "balancing out", but when work starts dwindling, going from on average 75 pages a day to where you could not even make the minimum of 45, you know something is going on. You ask about it and get no replies to your e-mails. Then after weeks of no answers you get an e-mail that is generated to all of the employees, titled "Answers" that does not really answer any of the real concerns of the employees. The "Answers" email was only generated because some of the employees dared to come on MTStars and post in hopes of someone having any info. However, according to her this was "pretty bad," but you were not getting any answers from ST. Seemed a logical thing to do, IMO.

Employees could not really speak any other way to each other, you are not even given names or e-mail addresses of your co-workers (team members on the account with you). You are totally isolated with this company. Really the only contact person for the company I had was "M" for any issues (you know, the CONTROL thing). So, communication on MTStars seemed a logical way to reach out and hopefully connect with some of your coworkers to see if they could provide some insight, or if, as you were being told, YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE not meeting production. So that is issue one (shady, yes; lied to, yes) as I find out I was "not the only one."

Issue #2 - You are going way beyond production, have earned PTO time for all pay periods (like money in the bank, so to speak), but then you cannot make production because of no work - when you need to take a day off and request using some of the PTO time you should have in your "bank", you are told since you did not meet the minimum the last pay period you have no paid time off. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BUILT UP PTO TIME? it disappeared and you do no longer have any PTO, because at this point there is not enough work to make the minimum to build any PTO time -(seem shady to me - YES).

Item #3 - You are suppose to be able, according to the employee handbook, to have a 24-hour window in which to get you pages. So when the work starts dwindling you flex you schedule to when you perceive the dictation is being done. What happens - you get an e-mail asking you what you are doing working those hours - you are "scheduled" for a certain time and for you to change your schedule it has to be approved through her first (again that CONTROL thing). What???, you think to yourself, I did not realize we had scheudles, but whatever, you go back to what she says is your schedule, and guess what - you got it - NO WORK AVAILABLE on that schedule. So you e-mail her about this, and are told to FLEX your schedule - hmmmm, isn't that what I just tried to do. Okayyyyy, so you start to flex a bit and you get an e-mail that asks where you are - she has assigned you jobs - again, WHAT??? - didn't she just tell me to flex and try signing on later. Now I am totally confused. When does she want me to work?? - oh, my bad, I got it, monitor and milk the machine all day and all evening that its.

I could go on, but really no need; the main point - That is when the beginning of your employment all turns into the end. Does this sound familiar to anyone??

So you ask me if its shady, hmmm - YES SHADY sound shady about right to me!

75 hours - you forgot
[ In Reply To ..]
That everyone worked 75 hours no matter how many you really worked.

That you have NO WAY to verify your timesheet, your PTO, your benefits, etc.

IMO, this goes beyond CONTROL, it's CRIMINAL.
75 hours - being lied to
[ In Reply To ..]
Like I said, I could go on and on.

Thanks for adding to the list of the SHADY practices of ST! Anyone else have something you would like to contribute. You feel much better when you get it out. It is amazing what a stress release it is.
I do - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
How about when you question a discrepancy in your paycheck, WHICH says 75 hours no matter how many hours you worked or pages you did, and you get dead silence? She doesn't even have the decency to respond to your email. Notice I said WHICH because I think that "which hunt" is absurd.
I do - being lied to!
[ In Reply To ..]
applause-applause-applause - You said it well, WHICH I could not have said better myself. LOL (I wish you could hear my laughter over the "WHICH HUNT").
being lied to! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Still laughing here too! Poor MT who types which even when dictator asks for it, especially with that one nasty QA, and I think we both know who that is! Funny thing is, I doubt she could transcribe a report if her life depended on it. Of course, this is just my opinion.
sm - being lied to!
[ In Reply To ..]
yes that poor MT. OMGosh! just think how that is going impact patient care that she messed up and typed WHICH in the report!! What was she thinking?

Similar Messages:

Question Since I Can't Get A Straight Answer..sm
Aug 07, 2013

I've run out of work a few times this morning but each time for just less than 15 minutes.  I understand we cannot do a remedy ticket until we are out 15 minutes.  Punching in and out this morning I am now short about 45 minutes and I cannot work past my shift today.  How do I account for those 45 minutes waiting for work? I just wish I would hit 15 minutes already and let the aggravation end. ...

ScribeRight - Has Anyone Asked/received An Answer On What The Criteria Was For Those Of Us "let
Jul 13, 2012

I sent H an email asking how they chose those who were staying on, just to get a feel for their decision, but have not had the courtesy of a response back.  Has anyone else asked and received a response? ...

Job From Silent Type Sm
Dec 15, 2010

I am wondering what the pay for minute dictation versus line dictation calculates to.  What would be a good pay for minute dictation.  If there are any Silent Type employees who read this board, please email me and let me know what to expect on an offer from them that would be good?  Thanks! ...

Silent Type?
Sep 26, 2011

Can anyone give me info on Silent Type, either on the board or by e-mail? Would like to know about steady work flow, general idea about line rates, if they provide equipment, straight typing versus VR, weekends required, and do they still require you to train on site at your own expense and if so when is that reimbursed?  Any current info would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance. ...

Silent Type. Yay Or Nay?
Mar 15, 2012

Before I entirely commit myself to what seems to me to be their rather intricate and involved application process, would love to hear what others have experienced with them.  I am a long-time MT (20+ years).  I have been around the block but am not a job hopper, so I am looking for a long-term employer.  Thanks! ...

Silent Type UEB
Jun 18, 2012

Have any of you filed for unemployment benefits yet?  I am only getting enough work for about 15 hours a week, if that.  Just curious if anyone has filed for UEB and, if so, did Silent dispute the claim. ...

Silent Type MTs - Nm
Jul 03, 2012

deleted ...

Silent Type MTs
Feb 14, 2014

Do the latest emails mean we are officially part time? Who can live on this? ...

How Has Silent Type Been For Everyone
Sep 04, 2014

How has Silent Type been for everyone else recently?  Do you have work? ...

Silent Type Job Posting
Mar 24, 2010

Did anyone apply or test for Silent Type and if so, would you care to share? ...

Silent Type - Good? Bad?
Aug 02, 2010

Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Experience With Silent Type? Sm
Jan 10, 2011

I have never seen anyone post anything bad about them, so maybe that it is a good sign?  I wouldn't mind the trip to NJ.  Any information is appreciated.   Thanks. ...

Silent Type 2-day Training?
May 12, 2011

Has anyone actually traveled to New Jersey to do the 2-day training? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Silent Type?
Sep 02, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Silent Type? What platform do they use? How are they to work for?   Thanks! ...

Silent Type Travel
Nov 17, 2011

Does anybody know if Silent Type still requires traveling to them for training?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Status Of Silent Type
Apr 16, 2012

Does any one know the status of Silent Type?   Is there work there or not?  Are they being bought out?  Did the contracts not get renewed?  Should one look elsewhere for employment?  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Silent Type Work
May 24, 2012

I have been with Silent Type for a year now.  I enjoy the fact we work M-F schedule and no weekends.  I also enjoy the fact that we have good QA.  I also enjoy the fact we get vacation and bonuses.  I also enjoy the fact we are offered health insurance and 401-K.  Girls don't forget these perks when you are complaining about the work being light.  I have been in this field for over 35 years and there is always the concept of too much work or no work in the field of transcription.  Do ...

Silent Type.. Just Wondering
Jul 11, 2012

Anyone gotten any info on the "something spectacular" that was suppose to happen in June? Still waiting..... ...

Silent Type MTers
Jul 16, 2012

Anyone have a clue anymore?  Looked like work had picked up a little and today nothing, got a couple of jobs, then ZIPPO-nothing.  Is anyone getting any work?   QAs, MTs, anyone????  time to cut the losses and move on!!!     ...

Silent Type - Any New Information?
Jul 26, 2012

Does anyone have any new information about Silent Type in New Jersey? Thanks! ...

Silent Type MTs Come Forward
Sep 27, 2012

Is anyone getting work?? I am told there is plenty of work, but keep getting "no jobs available". If you are getting work, when do you get it?? I have flexed every way I know and still get no work. If you are getting work, are you milking the system 24 hours a day to get it?? If someone would please tell me how they are making production requirements I would sure appreicate it, because I haven't made it for months now. ...

Silent Type - No/low Work
Dec 27, 2012

I checked the archives and there were some posts from earlier this year about no/low work. Just wondering if anyone has any more recent information on this company. ...

Silent Type MTs - Who At ST Does VR, Are You Meeting Yours?
Feb 06, 2013

Any MTs at ST doing straight transcription, and if so are you meeting your required production? Who at ST does VR, are you meeting yours? If you are meeting your required production, would you mind sharing with me the schedule you are working to meet the requirement. Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Silent Type Is Advertising Again. Is There Sm
Aug 22, 2013

really work for them?  Wondering. ...

How Is The New Year Looking At Silent Type? Nm
Jan 02, 2014

? ...

Silent Type - What VR Platform They Use?
Jan 23, 2014

Can anyone tell me what VR platform they use?  Thanks. ...

Silent Type Is Getting So Scary
Feb 05, 2014

This is getting so scary.  It's more than just holiday slowdown and winter storms.  Where is all the work?  Please, please, please, if any CURRENT employee knows anything, I'm begging you to share with the rest of us.  ...

Any Current Information On Silent Type
Nov 11, 2010

Any current information on ST?  I kow you have to go to N.J. but other than that, what's the scoop?   Thanks!! ...

Silent Type - Enough To Share Any Updates?
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone brave enough to share any updates? ...