A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTD latest...what a shock...well, not really. - sm

Posted: Jun 01, 2012

Seems MTKing who posts here about how she just LOVES LOVES LOVES TTD sucked up enough to get promoted to Lead QA. NOT a surprise.

Folks, take heed, some 50 people have gotten cut from TTD in THIS YEAR alone and it's only just now June. Many are owed money.  The owner sends intimidating emails.  The company offers NO training.  They also do not provide any feedback.  Read posts further down and in the archives. Nothing good can come from working for The Transcription Doctors.  If you see their ads, IGNORE THEM for your own good.

let it go - rspmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't you just let this go? You can't seem to move on and let others find out for themselves.

That is just wrong!! Why in the world can the poster not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
warn people? I say you let it go. Let people warn others about a horrible company. There are too many out there as it is.

The problem with these types of warnings - sour grapes

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP starts off showing jealousy by lamenting the promotion of another MT, who, I'm going to guess, is quite happy at TTD. I'm willing to bet there are a few more who are happy as well.

MT companies are in the business to make a profit. They can't make a profit if there are no MTs. So let's think about this logically for a second. You have multiple MTs who don't measure up for one reason or another (late, absent, low QA, low volume, etc). You have to look at your bottom line and decide if it's worth carrying these people on your payroll.
Just because someone gets let go from a company, doesn't mean the company is mean, or bad, or any other negative comment thrown out there. (and the OP should keep in mind the libel laws).

Now if they owe people money, yeah, let others know you didn't get paid. All the rest? Sour grapes.
Amen - I agree
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with this person. Too many MTs want to run the show....When you work for another company, you either stay and deal with the way they run things OR you quit. I wouldn't stay long enough to get 3 missing checks! If you stay that long, it's your own fault.
This company is still in business and apparently still getting accounts. When you post things like obvious jealousy over someone's promotion, it really shows yourself. It doesn't prove that this person was a kiss-up or anything else...maybe they just did their job and minded their own business instead of trying to run things...Like I said...if you don't like it..QUIT ..but stop picking on people who are happy there.
MTs don't want to "run the show", MTs ARE the show. - Without their work, there IS no show.
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
Re: MTs don't want to run the show - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Touche! Great post!
Why would I be jealous of someone who purposely - sucked up to the owner over sm
[ In Reply To ..]
other people losing their jobs and not getting paid? This woman forwarded our emails to the owner to score brownie points and I guess she did. I already have another job and so far it seems to be working out well, BUT I am still owed 3 paychecks. I guess those who still work there are getting paid but those who don't Amy has just decided not to pay! JEALOUSY? Nope, not at all and nice try. I WILL continue to warn others about The Transcription Doctors ROTTEN business practices because I think it's the right thing to do. There is nothing wrong with letting others know not to get caught up in a trap.

TTD - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs are constantly moaning and groaning about these ridiculously extensive tests that they have to pass in order to get hired and want to know of companies that they can get hired on with without testing. Now, you have TTD who doesn't test, and people are complaining that they are horrible people, aren't legit, etc. Well what do you think is going to happen when a company doesn't test first? They are going to have to weed out the bad workers...perhaps people who lied on their resumes or people who don't have experience. These companies are in a no-win situation with most of you MTs. They are damned of they do and damned if they don't!! This company would have been shut down by now if they didn't have a reason for doing the things they are doing. Do they have something in their guidelines that you are penalized for mistakes?? Those of you who are owed paychecks, is it possible that your work was error ridden and you owe them according to the contract? MTs need to make up their mind what they want and don't want in a company and quit complaining about it!
Spoken like a true MTSO. There is NO good - callie
[ In Reply To ..]
reason to withhold an MT's paycheck. If you don't want to pay your MTs, then don't become an MTSO and get out of the business.

TTD latest...what a shock...well, not really - MTKing

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, who ever this is obviously still works for TTD and is jealous. It is none of anyone's business where I go or don't go in this company and I will find out who you are. I guess you didn't cut it or you would have gotten chosen. Jealousy is one of the 7 deadlies! Grow up.

I agree - lookingmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I know when I posted here, I was discouraged as well by all the negativity. I hope I used the right judgment to decide not to go through and work for them. Then again, I wonder if it is all "anger" issues or like you said, jealousy, over others being promoted, still working, etc. I am still confused and wonder if there are any happy people working @ TTD as well.

TTD - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked off and on for TTD for nearly 6 years. I have only once not received a paycheck, and it was corrected the next payperiod. I don't know about anyone else, but I received a check today. To the best of my knowledge, it was correct. The company has always been very good to me. There was an incident several years ago where my production was low, and they let me go and disabled my IDs, but when my personal situations resolved, they took me back with open arms, no questions asked. When they had an opening for QA, I asked if I could be considered, I had an ID for that the next day. I am not sure what has happened to all of the other people who have all of these negative opinions, but I have always been treated right and with respect, and never had any of the same problems.
at 3 cents per line - I would not brag
[ In Reply To ..]
that I worked there and wouldn't even be on here asking for the "good" regarding the company. 3 cpl for IC status is not good in any way, shape, form or even demented state.

If everyone STOPPED working for 3 cpl, perhaps the companies would get the clue that QUALITY MT labor is WORTH paying for. Until then, not really a very high opinion of companies that pay 3 cpl or of the workers who accept those wages. Hell, even India is getting 4 cpl these days.
TTD - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I did say in my above comment that I was now doing QA, didn't I? Where is it advertised anywhere that they pay 3 cpl for QA?

Also, I have worked for several big nationals who are paying less than a penny more than that for VR. When I interviewed with SGS for MT/QA three years ago, they actually offered me 3.5 for VR and less than what I am getting for QA. And they weren't paying for spaces, where TTD does. Believe it or not, if you know how to do it efficiently and the drafts are not total garbage (which the ones I have done are not), you CAN make money on 3 cpl. I am the sole financial support for my family and we aren't going without any of our basic needs, that much I can tell you.
sorry 4 cpl for QA - still not brag-worthy
[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone who is contracting for 3 or 4 cpl (3 to edit, 4 to qa) is NOT being successful no matter what you tell yourself. You're being abused and doing your fair share of keeping wages down in the field.

If no one was willing to take this sort of wage abuse, we might actually see rates go up a bit. As long as someone is willing to subject themselves to abusive wages, we'll have abusers.
Check your facts - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
Because it is not 4 cpl for QA, either. I am making more than enough money and I am not working 24 hours a day to do it, as opposed to the last company I was working for at 4 cpl for VR
destinyisfree if you are working at TTD the most you're making is 4 cpl. - I know I worked there. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Dont have to check facts its in their ad - 3 cpl MTE 4 cp QA IC positions
[ In Reply To ..]
I dont personally care how much you sell your services for. I just care that it's people selling their services for 3 and 4 cpl that are killing the rest of us.
TTD - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not know what they offered others, but I definitely am getting more than 4 cpl for QA work. If you would like something more definitive as far as that goes, feel free to message me privately. Maybe I was offered more because I had worked for them already and moved into QA,m but I am definitely getting more than that.
However, - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I do work third shift on weekends, and I just looked again, the advertisement for the QA position that prompted me to contact them is still posted on the seekers board, and it says the amount I thought I was getting paid, so I assure you, there are instances where they will pay QA more than 4 cpl, in fact.
the ad says 5 cpl for third shift QA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Destiny, oh, lucky you, you have MTKing as a lead! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Dear destinyisntfree-you check YOUR facts-the ad states - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
QA pay is 4 cpl for 1st & 2nd shift; 5 cpl for 3rd shift.
TTD - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
Look at the link below. This is the ad I responded to.

TTD - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, let me say I do not work here and have no friends who work here.

For me, I like seeing the positives AND negatives posted about a company, as people's experience MAY differ depending on their accounts, supervisor, etc. I don't think it is ok to scream "sour grapes" at somebody for having a negative experience, and I also don't think it is ok to post "suit" to a positive review.

What concerns me in your reply above is, "I will find out who you are" which sounds like a threat. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, just saying my take on this as an outsider not involved with this company in any way.

TTD latest - jan2

[ In Reply To ..]
Have any of YOUR checks ever been late? How do YOU rate this company? Thanks.

The pattern is telling. - XXX

[ In Reply To ..]
EVERY company has somebody who had a bad experience working for them or some former MT who just has the "sour grapes" mentality.

When you see the multiple negatives over and over and over again, you HAVE to get a little suspicious about whether it's a good company, or not.

I actually got hired by them last summer, without having done my research. It took me less than a week to figure out that they were not the company for me. I found a better IC job paying way more than their 3 cpl for editing, and I'm glad.
True...but then again... - Msmith
[ In Reply To ..]
you also have to wonder if it's the same person or just a few people posting over and over again. Because we're not obligated to use our real names, it makes anything possible.

excuse mt MTKing, but I don't think I would work for - QAQueen

[ In Reply To ..]
somebody in a QA lead position who actually says "I will find out who you are." Wonder what the owner of TTD would think of that as they do have a job on the board here for QA. I don't work for TTD and never have, but I certainly wouldn't apply for a QA position there now. Get over yourself!

First though in my head when I read "I will find out who you are." - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll get you my pretty and YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!

Oooooo, scary.

Does your company endorse your posts? (NM) - PM

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh, very professional, glad you aren't my boss! Looks like TTD made a mistake here! - Disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What makes you think that just because I know you got - a promotion, that I still sm

[ In Reply To ..]
work there? Surely, you have to know that there are people who work at TTD who are not happy and are looking for jobs elsewhere. They also share what they know with people who JUST GOT FIRED from TTD. The MT community is a tight nit group and many of us have known each other for years. This whole "I will find out who you are" is a joke really. It sure shows me the kind of QA Lead you're going to be! Sure wouldn't want to work under you! Wow!

Similar Messages:

Near Shock Syndrome?
Mar 14, 2010

"Patient presented in early infancy with (s/l near shock) syndrome." I can't find anything in my references that this would be.  Any ideas? ...

First Job As Editor...I Am In Shock!
Apr 10, 2012

The reports I am reviewing are unbelievable!  It would be easier to have transcribed them myself.  Obviously, these reports were not transcribed by American MTs.  It has been a jaw-dropping experience so far!   ...

Shock Liver
Jan 03, 2013

Hi.  Has anyone heard of shock liver.  Thanks.  Carol. ...

S/l Typopalo Shock Radiation For
May 26, 2011

nm ...

Septicemia Due To Pseudomonas With Septic Shock
Nov 16, 2013

I get 038.43 and 785.52, but why do I have to code the 041.7 for the Pseudomonas infection when I just coded it as a combo code for the septicemia? ...

Latest MD-IT Ad
Jun 27, 2011

MD-IT keeps repeating this same ad out of the Boulder, CO, regional office.  But I understand they have had qualified people apply for this job the regional managers pass them up.  I also heard that MTs tried this account, decided it was too horrible to make any money, and decided not to work for this company on this account.  Anyone else have any valid information?  ...

Latest On SGS
Nov 18, 2011

Well, all the rumors are starting to come to pass with dear SGS (Superior Global Solutions).  I "WAS" in QA until yesterday.  They either fired or demoted 7 of us so far to MT status.  Not saying being an MT is a demotion, but for the sake of telling you about SGS and my experiences with them, we shall call it a demotion.  Back a few months ago they made SURE everyone had signed an "At Will" employment form so they would have all their ducks in a row when all this started to ...

TTS - What's The Latest?
Jan 18, 2013

Wondering what it's like there.  Benefits, work flow?  Thanks ...

What Is The Latest On This Company. I See An Ad For Them...sm
Nov 06, 2009

on another board and wondered if they got their stuff together after purchasing Medware?  TIA for any and all information! ...

DQS 6.1 - Anyone Using The Latest DQS Update?
Jun 08, 2010

Is anyone using the latest DQS update?  I think it's 6.1version.  I've already gone through the training on it but haven't heard when it's going to be started.  Thanks ...

Our Latest 10-K From Medquist. How To
Aug 23, 2010

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wHn1Chp6DzYJ:www.faqs.org/sec-filings/100312/MEDQUIST-INC_10-K/+medquist+restructure&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Our ability to expand our business and properly service our customers depends on our ability to effectively manage our domestic production capacity and our only offshore transcription labor partner (CBay Systems & Services, Inc.), including our ability to recruit, train and retain qualified MTs ...

The Latest On Inscribe Anyone?
Nov 23, 2010

The latest on Inscribe anyone? I am still searching the archives, but anyone who has info please contact. ...

Latest On Transportal? 
May 08, 2011

What is the latest on Transportal?  Do they do a lot of VR, IC and plenty of work?  Thanks for your input. ...

Latest V-Mail
May 08, 2012

My interpretation to the last V-mail is that we are going to get a cut in pay to match the Indians. Yep.  What do you think?  I forget the exact wording, something about uniform salaries across the board. ...

My Latest Gripe
Dec 01, 2012

How many times, I mean how many, really, must we stack the subheading to the left, capitalize it, put a colon after it, and remove the word "is" before this stupid speech engine figures out that's how it's supposed to do it, not all in one paragraph?  I mean, it's a client specific, and I am pretty everyone is doing it this way, every time, so don't tell me this is the MTs fault.  ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Latest News On Stock And MQ 50.00
Jun 26, 2011

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US   Sure hope the bigwigs know what their doing for their pay.  ...

Latest Job Posting (excalibur)
Aug 11, 2010

Looks like another recruiter - that same ad was on another MT job site in the last month....wonder if they charge to submit your application also. ...

AAMT Or Whatever Their Latest Abbreviation Is...
Sep 18, 2010

If it is true that our MT corporations are profiting with VR the same as if we were transcribing, well to me that's picking my pocket......So then why isn't AAMT (or whatever) going to bat for us 'editors' and set standards so that companies will pay us our fair share? Just a thought. Wouldn't it be nice if we were told by our companies that from here on in, VR will pay as much as transcribing? pipe dreams huh? ...

I Need The Latest Official Ruling On A-fib!
Mar 25, 2011

I like a-fib, since I don't see a logical reason to capitalize the "A", but maybe there shouldn't be a hyphen?  ...

Latest Keystrokes Email
Aug 31, 2011

Wow, did everyone get the email sent at 5:05 this evening, which was 6:05 my time.  A lot of BS sprinkled with "we love yous" and "by the way, you aren't getting paid until Friday" and "Its all the office manager's fault because I don't take responsibility for my own actions" love note.  "We are in a steady growth mode" and "we had to change pay dates because we can't get our stuff together enough to do invoices on time" and "we are super and you are lucky to w ...

Want To Post My Latest Sage
Feb 20, 2013

if the QA or TCM come on here I am found out...So Ill wait a while..Just a little reminder to keep a paper trail..cause something will bite you in the tail first chance they get... ...

Latest Email From Corporate
Aug 23, 2013

He must have been working late into the evening working on perfecting his email.  So after so proudly revising the out of work policy just 2 weeks ago, it is apparently already outdated. ...

Diskriter Latest Posting
Aug 29, 2014

Line rate of 5.5 for straight typing? You have to be kidding!  Do they seriously think anyone is going to do straight typing for 5.5?  Anyone who seriously considers working for Diskriter needs to do their research on how the company treats employees and their track record for dissatisfied former employees.  Why jump on a sinking ship. ...

When Is The Latest Date We Are Supposed To Get Our
Feb 09, 2015

but after Jan 31st,  shouldn't we have them by end of February at very latest??  And if they don't get them to us on time for whatever lame excuse,  where do we report it?   Our state's labor board, or the state in which they are registered to do business?  ...

According To MM's Paperwork, Their Latest Version Of
Feb 14, 2015

Fluency now works with Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit.  Has anyone verified this or had any trouble with it?  TIA! ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

Did Everyone Get The Latest Email About DocQ 5.16 Update?
Mar 03, 2010

Talk about micromanage!  Are you kidding me?  We will be locked out if we don't work our exact shift?  There has to be a 15-30 minute grace period.  I am surprised that there are not a flood of posts about this on this forum already.    I about fell off my chair when I read this.  I am very good about working my shift, but sometimes start 10-15 min early or 10-15 min late.  Gosh, sometimes get stuck on the potty in the morning for a few extra m ...

PLEASE READ - Latest Corporate Policy
Mar 03, 2010

All MQ MTs are advised to closely watch their mailboxes.  In the next few weeks you will be receiving (COD of course) a package from MQ.  You must accept delivery of this package.  It contains an electronic ankle monitor tastefully embossed with the MQ logo.  You must wear this for your entire period of employment with MQ.  When it is time for your shift to start you will receive a gentle, remotely controlled, electronic reminder - 5 or 10 volts at most.  Should you ...