A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does this Exist? - Curious

Posted: Aug 20, 2010

* A hospital that DOES NOT use voice and still employs Radiology transcriptionists? 

* An established service (one that will not go belly-up next week) that is not a sweatshop, offers a solid benefits package, does not use voice, still employes Radiology transcriptionists, and doesn't require six different programs to do the job?

I like the fact that there are only TWO programs (Dictaphone and VPN) used in my hospital job, as they don't jam up and/or slow down my PC.  However, I HATE acute care (just one reason: HUGE pool of docs, you do a guy and he may not roll back around again for a year! so you never get used to his voice) and it seems that most hospitals now have gotten rid of the rad transcriptionists so the docs can do EHR.  I also HATE editing voice drafts; talk about boring!!  90% of your spent time has NOTHING to do with transcribing; you're confirming VISIT NUMBERS for the billing and other boring freaking clerical stuff!! 

I miss the good old days, where you could actually transcribe without editing!!  And made a decent living doing it.

No, it does not exist - mt2long

[ In Reply To ..]
Radiology is one of the easiest specialties to run thru VR. Hospitals figured it out a long time ago and the exodus is nearly complete.

And no one has a clue as to what company may next go belly up, but for the most part they are all paying substandard wages. I feel ya on the acute care work, but logic would dictate that the "easier" work is going to go VR faster.

Yes it does exist - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a MT that works in Radiology. We do not have voice recognition. We are a medium sized hospital, have five radiologists that rotate and do all their dictation on a microphone and then we receive the dictation and type it. Maybe we are still in the dark ages, but I am appreciative that I have a job with good wages.

WOW - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, that is so encouraging! I was thinking that the smaller (or mid-sized) facilities and services may not invest the big bucks in the VR equipment, at least for a bit... THANK YOU for your post!! And how wonderful that you have such a terrific job. ;)
They are waiting for federal funding or sm - Anne
[ In Reply To ..]
waiting on the local hospital to decide on the software for EHR before investing. Everything needs to be compatible and not all software across the board is. I've been told this by several physicians in my rural area.

Similar Messages:

Does This Still Exist?
Dec 03, 2011

Hi, I'm looking for a FT radiology gig, typing, that pays 0.08 per line and doesn't have a tight turnaround time (several hours, not 20 minutes). Does this even still exist?  Thanks. ...

Do These Exist...
Apr 09, 2013

Are there any good sites to go to for online billing/coding jobs to work at from home? I am looking for something remote, but not sure who can be trusted and who can’tâ€Â¦they all look tempting, I just don’t want to be scammed. ...

Can Anybody Tell Me About Medivoxx? Do They Still Exist?
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Does The CMT Credential Still Exist?
Feb 23, 2013

Does the CMT credential still exist?  Do people still sit for that exam and get that credential?  ...

They Exist, I Heard Them
Feb 20, 2015

A hospital where the doctors dictate correctly, the ASR works very well, and the audio is clear. Not my account, of course, mine sucks royally, it was an overflow. No wonder some people are happy and the rest of us are miserable. How do I get a good account? Whose tail must I kiss, not that I would, just curious. So not fair. ...

Wow, Lee Perfect Seems To Want Something That Doesn't Exist
Aug 19, 2010

Did you see their latest job ad? They seem to want perfection, but I bet they don't give perfection. ...

Does This Type Of MT Company Exist?
Feb 08, 2014

Does anyone out there actually work for any MT company that gives you praise or positive feedback?  Does anyone work for a company that says, "Thank you" or "Good job"? I know these MT companies wont hesitate to call you out on errors or mistakes or call you day and night to log in and work....but does anyone actually work for a company who appreicates them?  I am just curious if there really is an MT company who truly and genuinely appreciates its workers. ...

Good Companies To Work For? Do They Exist Any Longer?
Dec 01, 2011

:) ...