A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry
I lost my job a few months ago. I started applying, testing, waiting to hear from companies. I did get hired this week part-time for VRE work and it pays peanuts. A second company was interested in me and I went through testing, filling out tons of paperwork, phone calls and waiting. They offered me a job as an MT and also VRE. The offer is so disappointing! I have a lot of experience but that does not seem to count for anything with them. The wages are similar to what I was making 20 years ago. It is days but they wanted me to work one day of the weekend and I felt that I "should" do that fearing that they would not even offer me a job if I dare to say no. I'm really depressed right now. I feel stuck. There are few jobs out there that pay decent line rates but my gut tells me this company is not for me. I feel like they are gaining an experienced MT and I am going to work for very little. What should I do....try to negotiate or just say no thanks, or get off my high horse and just sign on the dotted line? I could use some advice right now. Thanks.