A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is this a good offer? - lm

Posted: Dec 15, 2011

Is .11/65 ct line good or bad?

TAI

It's VERY good unless. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is slightly above the "norm," so any company paying that is probably enticing people because it's a problem account: many ESLs, a tough specialty, etc.

That would be about the norm in my area for what a self-employed MT charges.

If you dont know, you shouldnt be an MT. P.S. I think - this is a pot stirring post. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Pot stirring post - lm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not a pot stirring post. Just a simple question. Call me stupid but I don't know.

Yes, it's a good offe for a subcontractor/employee, - although they are probably VBC lines (spaces not

[ In Reply To ..]
That would still equal about 9 cpl for a 65-character-and-space line.

However, if you are an IC working with your own clients, 11 cents per line would not be particularly good, and 9 cpl would be terrible, although it may be all you can get if you're bidding against offshore.

note to you ... - another poster

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's a pot-stirrer for you: Not all of us MTs are enslaved by MTSOs and paid by the line. Some of us have worked for years on an hourly basis, with benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.

If one were making a transition to pay-per-line from an hourly rate, it would be hard to assess what a good rate is.

Someone in that situation might want to reach out to other MTs in a forum like this. Sadly, she probably didn't realize how small-minded, insulting, and suspicious her fellow MTs could be.

Blah, blah, blah. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
charming - intelligent, too!
[ In Reply To ..]

Totally agree with you on that one - kettle

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone is always so snippy on this board. As MTs, we should stick together and help each other out, not be so cranky and mean all the time!
I am one of those - TZ
[ In Reply To ..]
people who work for an hourly wage and have PTO, 401K, etc...But my job is being phased out by VR. I will need to be looking into something else soon and will be asking what some people think are "stupid" questions myself. So please, be kind. It is just new for some of us.
yes, me too - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I recently lost my job to VR after more than ten years in a multiphysician specialty practice.

I just wanted to offer you some support! I have been feeling so disappointed and am having difficulty with my new-found obsolescence.

Hope it all works out for you!
I've about had it with this crap - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
I went from a hospital job with benefits plus $35k a year for 15 years & then suddenly got ridiculous QAs until I quit. What a rude awakening! I have no idea where my present pay stands. I get .0516 working for TTS as an employee. All VR. Making half what I made at the hospital. And my check is late. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I quit. This whole industry is over.
Not bad for VR pay. SM - Glass Half Full
[ In Reply To ..]
0.0516 is really not a bad pay rate for VR. You must have known it was VR when you were hired, and by the way TTS pay day is 12/17. How is your pay late?

Thank you - Another hourly employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work in-house at a wonderful hospital at an hourly rate, benefits, etc., and make a very decent living at MT.

I think if you are IC, 11 cpl would not be that good. A friend of mine works as IC and gets 12 cpl and struggles, but she likes the freedom a 9-5 job does not offer. If I were IC, I would not take less than 15 cpl.
Regional differences. - AZMT
[ In Reply To ..]
In my neck of the woods that is a very good rate.

What people charge varies by REGION.
Good grief, there are posts for IC positons for 8 cents a line - let me know where one can find 15 cpl
[ In Reply To ..]
because I would definitely apply for that position.

OMG, pot-stirring? - Give me a break

[ In Reply To ..]
I make 12 cpl along with 6 other co-workers doing IME accounts, not IC. There are jobs out there that pay that, just have to look.

if you don't want it I'll take it-nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
#

Similar Messages:

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

Breitner Job Offer -- Excited And Hope This Is Good Decision.
May 15, 2012

I just got a job offer after completing their test process.  This were very hard reports to transcribe, but they said I passed.  Really kind of surprised, cuz I am not up on Genetics and lab tests for that specialty.  Also the cardiac cath report was ESL who was hard to understand.   Well anyway just glad I passed.  I have looked through archives on this company and they mostly have positive messages.  They say plenty of work, nice company to work for, pay on ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT — But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including “the M,” and “the N” and (now to be included) “the T” following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

I Got A Job Offer!
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't even completely finished school, tested for a part time IC position, and I got the job offer today! It can be done, ****! *** Stop with the snide remarks toward experienced MTs who do not share your point of view for this career.   Moderator *** ...

Offer
Dec 07, 2010

hypertype:  Straight VR - 0.6 cents/line, IC status with 10.00 licensing fee every 2 weeks. Mostly ER. Good offer? or bad offer? ...

Job Offer At TTS ?
Sep 19, 2012

Have an offer,not sure though. Would love to hear from others who work there and in the know. How is their QA done, weekly, monthly, every 3 months like where I work now or just how. Do you think the QA is there, fair, critical, just anything I could find out would be nice.  ...

Non-MT Job Offer
Mar 29, 2013

...Okay, I'm not here to start a fight about union vs non-union, but I was just offered a non-MT job at a hospital that has a union, and I am anti-union.  When she told me that it was a union position, my jaw dropped.  She must have seen the look on my face, because she told me that since this is Florida, we don't HAVE to join the union or pay dues or anything like that.  My face brightened up right away. SO, if you are not pro-union be SURE to ask if the state you live ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM WAL-MART
Feb 18, 2010

Well after being in this business for almost 20 years, I have decided it's time to hang up the keyboard,  as a single person I can no longer support myself as a medical transcriptionist.  This is not even a good part-time job anymore.  I have worked for more companies than I cared to admit, suffered through intolerable divas as team leads, gestapo QA, constant nip picking on where a comma goes, or a verb, and had my cpl reduced from what started out at 13 cpl to 0.0350 cpl.&n ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...

Offer From Medquist
Mar 19, 2010

Wow.  I was just offered a job by MQ.  I politely asked if the 'rumors' were true about being docked for sending reports to QA.  I was informed that if you are supposed to do 6,000 lines a week and 300 lines total come to QA, then yes you would be docked 3 cents per line.  If you are part-time with 4,000 line a week and 200 lines total came to QA, then you would be docked.  I politely said that I would have to decline.  BUT, if you feel that even QA canno ...

Job Offer From Transolutions
Jun 09, 2010

I have a job offer from Transolutions, but I have a couple of questions.   I use Instant Text and I need to know if their platform is compatible with it.  This would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.   The opinions of the company I read on this board were not very favorable -- slow speech rec program,  too much speech rec, etc.  But all the opinions were at least 2 years old.  Is there any more current information out there?   The pay scale is very enticing, but if the ...

Need Advice On Job Offer
Jun 24, 2010

I'm considering an offer from a national company of around 8.75 cents straight typing and around 5.5 for VR. This would be for a full-time position and I have over 10 years experience (but none with VR).  I'm currently on unemployment earning around $1500 a month. My normal production of straight typing is around 150-200 lph.  With this info., should it be a problem to earn more than what I'm currently making on unemployment? I'm afraid to make the change as once I ...

Ooooh Job Offer
Oct 01, 2010

Just got a "job offer" e-mail.  I can make $225/day working for e-bay auctions!!!! Why am I still doing MT????? NOT!!!! ...

MQ Offer Me A Job Last Week...
Jun 14, 2011

MQ offered me a full-time position last week, after all the testing, but after reading this board, with all the firings and lawsuit, and outsourcing, I don't know if I want to work for them! Is there any reason not to work for them? I would appreciate any input. Thank you. ...

UNIWORK ANYONE? Job Offer......
Apr 22, 2011

Anyone heard of Uniwork? Clue me in please????? ...

Offer For Job With Medquist
Jun 06, 2011

Hi all, I was just offered a postiion and was wondering how the company is? Any advice good or bad would be helpful. Thanks ...

I Just Got A Job Offer With Nuance
Jul 27, 2011

I am an MT with 20+ years experience and switched careers a year ago when our hospital's Transcription Department was eliminated and all transcription was outsourced. I am currently working full-time as a secretary but am looking for part-time MT work to supplement my income as most of my wages are going towards my family's health insurance. I was hoping for 10-15 hours per week, but 20 hours are required and I'm not sure I can handle 12-hour days between both jobs. Does ...

Job Offer For Probity
Aug 09, 2011

I just had a job offer for Probity.  I am considering it, but before I accepted I emailed them with a question about if there is steady work and still have had no response.  I am on unemployment benefits, so if I take their job and then there is not steady work and if I have to quit, I cannot get my benefits back.  So, it's a delicate decision.  Is anyone working for them who can tell me anything about them....good or bad?  Thank you. ...

MQ Job Offer Today
Dec 07, 2011

MQ has scheduled an offer phone call for me today.  I am kind of scared.  I have many years into MT and thought I might as well since they will someday employ me through buyouts anyway.  Is there any good reasons why I should accept the job.  Or should I avoid the call and just keep sending out resumes.  Please if there is anything good to say now is the time because I am 50/50 on taking the chance. Thanks. ...

What Companies Offer
Jan 15, 2012

401ks--preferably with a match?  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Disappointing Offer-sm
Apr 11, 2012

I lost my job a few months ago.  I started applying, testing, waiting to hear from companies.  I did get hired this week part-time for VRE work and it pays peanuts.  A second company was interested in me and I went through testing, filling out tons of paperwork, phone calls and waiting.  They offered me a job as an MT and also VRE.  The offer is so disappointing!  I have a lot of experience but that does not seem to count for anything with them.  The wages are ...

SoftScript Job Offer
Oct 11, 2012

Was planning to go to work for SS.  Posts here make me very nervous.  Are they maybe just disgruntled employees?  Help, honesty please. ...

Softscript - Got A Job Offer
Nov 27, 2012

Hi - Got a job offer from them and wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with this company and did/do you like them.  Been with my current company for a long time now and am hesitant to leave, but VR has put a huge dent in my paycheck and SS says they don't do VR... Thanks in advance! ...

I Have An Offer From Keystrokes
Jan 04, 2013

I have an offer from Keystrokes.  They are paying 7 cpl.  Any current or former workers?  I currently work for Nuance/Transcend. Please respond soon; I need to make a decision before Monday. Thanks in advance. ...

Got A Job Offer At Probity
Feb 04, 2013

I got a job offer at Probity.  The pay has an incentive built in for anything over 5000 lines per pay period.  Does anyone know what the pay period is?  It doesn't say and am waiting for resonse from recruiting.  Also, it is for a 6 hour shift.  Is that normal.  I was hoping for 8. Is eligibility for benefits based on line count or hours worked?  Any advice would be helpful on this company. Thanks ...

Very Strange Job Offer
Sep 18, 2013

Just got an unsolicited email from "At Once" transcription company.  Said they had reviewed my resume and seem to be a good fit and to call for an interview.  They listed their address, etc..... Signed by - person to call to set up interview.  On line, there is no company called At Once listed when googled.  I know I didn't send ANYONE a resume in quite a while.  WT is this?!?!   ...

Coding Offer
Mar 13, 2014

I just wanted to wish all of you good luck if you get the offer and want to take the test for the coding class.  We all have to decide what is best for ourselves.  I really hope this is a postive offer.  I understand totally how so many of us feel stuck where we are because our workload and pay have changed so much.  As others have advised, I would definitely get all the answers.  Unfortunately in the medical transcription world we feel we are fighting just to be ab ...