A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I got a job offer! - UPDATE - Happy MT

Posted: Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process!

duh is a glass-half-full person! - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
I have commented before about the folks on here who constantly offer "snarky" comments. Duh sounds like a miserable person. Imagine remembering a post from a month ago and then making a negative remark now. Happy MT...congratulations. All of us aren't miserable people and rejoice in your good news.

WOW! - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
oldone - thanks, I appreciate the support!
duh - I'm sorry you are so miserable, but I'm not going to allow your negativity to influence me. I am happy with the job, and I'm going to go forward from here with a vengeance. I am learning more every day, and using this as a way to learn, while making a little money! By the way, this IS the first job, haven't been fired from anywhere. I am praying that God gives you a wonderful day, and a fulfilling career!

Congratulations to Happy MT - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
CONGRATULATIONS! Good for you! I am proud of you, and I am sure that your production and income will go up from here. As to "Duh" and a couple of other "mean girls" on this board--that is so sixth grade. We can only feel sorry for those people who bash others. It is a reflection of their own unhappiness, which is unfortunate. Meanwhile, don't you pay them any mind. I hope you are going to do something nice to celebrate!
Thanks Old MTSO! - Happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much, and I do tend to just ignore the unhappy posters. I will be celebrating when my check comes this week!

HAPPY MT- CONGRATULATIONS!!! - RENE

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy for you! This only goes to show hard work pays off and prayers are heard. I am a new MT also and looking for a job too. So many of the posts I have seen here are so disheartening and really has troubled me. But I am a licensed nurse for the past 25 years with 12 years as a surgical nurse and orthopedics.While the terminology and medications have been helpful and easily to recognize, I have a healthy respect for this new profession too. I am 52 and my husband retired this past fall so felt it was time for a change. I always knew when I was going to work, just never knew when I would get to go home.Long hours. Have a job interview next week with a small Dermatology clinic that is looking for a nurse and I hope that I can make the two fields merge so to speak for me. Please keep your fingers crossed for me too, if you would.Again,I'm so happy for you, and I believe it will only get better for you too! RENE

Good for you Happy MT, way to go!! nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Good for you! Well done. - Happy Also

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations. You have gone through the toughest part of a new MT job. Hopefully it will only improve as you keep learning and moving forward on youyr new job.

Thanks Happy Also! - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I remember the post a month ago - Gail

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember the post about a month ago and was hoping you would post again after you got settled in the new job to let us know how you are doing. I am glad you found your job, that you are happy with it and wish you a long and productive career. Good luck to you! God Bless.

Gail - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Snarky. What does it matter what she posted. Be happy for someone. It doesn't hurt and it could help. I'm even happy for you (and I don't now why) but I am!

How was that snarky? - Gail

[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't see how what I said could be construed as snarky. I truly meant what I said. I was hoping she would come back and update us with (hopefully) wonderful news of her new job. It is really tough these days for a new MT to find a job. The OP was kind of enough to come back and report that the job she found was a good fit for her now. She can grow from it. And by coming back here to report it, we experienced MTs get the opportunity to congratulate her and she gets the opportunity to inspire other new MTs that there is hope and with persistence they too can find that all important first MT job. My post was POSITIVE, which the OP understood even if you did not.

Thanks Gail! -nm - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

Probably My Next To Last Update
Mar 16, 2010

Just a quick line to let you all know that there are better things out there for you.  I am now 79 days away from graduating with my MD.  The only blocks I have left are orthopedics and pain management.  I have worked my way through medical school, which of course means I did not have much time to study.  None the less, I am in the top 10% of my class, and I attribute it to the information I learned transcribing.  Even if you feel you do not have the 4+ years to put ...

Dqs Update
Apr 08, 2010

Having problems doing the upgrade.  Support is working on it.  In the meantime, does anybody know if not having this installed will create problems with getting jobs?  CCM doesn't know.  So far I've been able to work as usual.  I'm just scared I'll go to log on and be locked out because I don't have the upgrade working yet.  Thanks ...

UPDATE Help Please
Oct 14, 2010

So, I logged on and promptly got booted right off.  Message says I need to "update" (again??) before I can continue.  I am in MQ central as I type but cannot find any update anywhere. Does anyone know where it is hiding?  (under what category or tab...)   Thank you all so much for always helping this old gal!  ...

Help With The Update!
Oct 14, 2010

Okay so when I logged in this morning, I get the message to upgrade.  I am currently using Vista.  When I go to Docqmanage to upgrade, I get the message "The version of DocQscribe you are trying to install requires the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package SP2." I tried to install it, but it says its not compatible with Vista! Somebody Help!!  ...

Another Update??
Nov 01, 2010

Couldn't sign in this morning, says I need to do another update.  I tried to find how to do that with QScare, e-mailing my CCM, but no response after an hour.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Isn't it in MQCentral somewhere?  I wish I could do a search on the site, but I had to navigate through each of the options in every department, and can't find any portal.  Anyone know how to do this? ...

QA Update From Below
Jan 31, 2011

I pointed out the job number and QA person who made two errors in a report after marking me with a Major error.  The QA leader, of course, went over what "I" did wrong and why her QA was correct and mentioned the grammatical errors; however, didn't mention that they were made BY THE QA PERSON and left it implied that they were mine as well.  I have a job interview tomorrow, in-house, doing office work.  Can't wait.  ...

Here's My Update !!!
Jun 27, 2012

Working my new way, I have just made $12.98 per HOUR !!   WHOO HOO !!!   I'm a-liking this !!! ...

Update
Jan 11, 2013

this is from one of my quality coaches or whatever.   A fix is going into place now and they expect us to be up and running soon, so please keep checking back and watch for emails from us.    ...

Dr Address-update
Oct 31, 2009

thanks for all the replies.  It was not listed on any of the sites provided.  She must be a new doc in the area.  Doc said and spelled the name 4 times in report, so I am pretty sure I got the spelling correct.  Thanks again ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

Anybody See The Update From Peter What's-his-name
Apr 02, 2010

on MQ Central just now? Nothing we didn't already know, really, but I think I'm going to go vomit anyway. ...

UPDATE On Error 372
Apr 04, 2010

Well, the head tech guy called today and remotely went on my computer, and he could not find a solution to this error coming up when opening Editscript v 9.  It will not work, so I cannot work.  I have a new job, but I can't work because I can't get ES 9 to work.  Funny thing is, it does this on both my computers, and one is an XP and one is Vista.  What are the odds both computers would give this same error?  The tech guy said they have never seen this error b ...

DQS 6.1 - Anyone Using The Latest DQS Update?
Jun 08, 2010

Is anyone using the latest DQS update?  I think it's 6.1version.  I've already gone through the training on it but haven't heard when it's going to be started.  Thanks ...

An Update....coding Changes
Jun 08, 2010

About 2 weeks ago I posted that our company was sold to an Indian entity and expressed some concerns about the future of my job, having been down that road with MT.  I had expressed those concerns to my manager, who passed them along to our director of human resources, who contacted me this week to discuss them.  I asked her if they had explored at all what happened to MT when the Indian companies came onto (took over) the scene and I explained to her some of the challenges faced by th ...

UPDATE On New IC Account
Jul 13, 2010

The doc has contacted me and we are to meet today at his office.  He has such a heavy accent, I could hardly understand what he was saying.  He is in need of a transcriptionist, and has 50 charts needing to be transcribed.  Not sure what type of equipment he has as of yet, but obviously he must have some kind.   How do I charge him.  I thought about by the line at maybe 12 cpl, but his accent is so heavy, I am thinking it will take me a while before being productive ...

Update On The Hospital Job
Aug 26, 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded and I did call on this job but it was an evening job 3-11 so even though it was 18 bucks an hour that does not work for me have children at home...so back to looking into the MTSO companies and finding the best one out there - if anyone has suggestions let me know ...

Med Workshops - Update
Jun 23, 2011

A while back, I posted about my experience with Med Workshops. Initially, they offered to give me my money back since I had such an awful experience with them. After they were notified by the BBB that I had filed a complaint, they refused to refund my tuition. I wanted to give prospective students a heads up about this school. I really wish that I had done more research before giving them my money. Another thing I found interesting was that they told me not to believe anything that I rea ...

Landmark - Update?
Jan 26, 2011

I worked for Landmark a while ago.  Sorry for all the problems the current MTs are having.  Have the owners come up with a solution about the insurance issue?  Just a thought, but you might try calling your local state representative's office and asking about COBRA and/or an insurance plan run by your state that covers children.  You may also have a county agency that can give you information about insurance coverage.  Of note, the COBRA payment is usually the ent ...

Update On DIT Transcription ?
Feb 16, 2011

I once was employed by DIT but fortunately no longer.  Was wondering if anyone had an update on them.  I am still owed about $1000, but have really given up on ever getting the rest of this money.  I took them to small claims back several years ago.  Are they still in business? Does anyone know?  I got a 1099 with their old address on it which they are supposedly not there anymore.  No one can get an address, much less a phone number because there are more claims out there.  Just wonder ...

Oracle Update
Mar 21, 2011

I haven't seen any recent posts about a lack of work at Oracle.  Have things settled down to where everyone has sufficient work?  I'm working for them PT and have only had 1-2 occasions where I've run out of work; however, my FTE is running out of work on an increasingly frequent basis and, if there's sufficient work at Oracle, I'd be interested in switching over to them as a FT position. Any updates on the status of the work flow?  Judging from the email ...

Update For RVDP
Apr 05, 2011

**UPDATE** After 37 views and no answer to be found I went back as usual to check this report after QA. For future reference for those of you that even looked to try to help here is the answer to RDVP. It really does exist. Thanks to those of you that tried.   RDVP/respiratory direct viral panel ...

Precyse Update
Jun 11, 2011

I was just wondering what is happening at Precyse.  I left Precyse last month after they sent my fourth account over to India, and there was no work.  Management kept telling us to be patient and just use PTO, but we had not really had any work for months and had already used up most of the PTO.  They blamed the no work situation on the bad weather during the winter.  I am at a new company now, and they seem to appreciate me, which Precyse did not.  My team leader ...

Job Hunting Update
Mar 01, 2012

I got an e-mail yesterday about a job.  I will be talking to "them" tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Thanks. ...

Perhaps Final Update
Mar 19, 2012

This will probably be my final post.  As some of you might recall, I graduated with my MD in 2010, and just received notice this week that I will be starting residency in July in Family Medicine.  I once again want to reiterate to all of the MTs and QAs out there slaving away for M*Modal that there is no computer in the world that can replace a human brain, that your skills are valuable, and that you are professionals and irreplaceable.  My 30 years in medical transcription was in ...

DQ7 And 7.6 Update Question
Apr 20, 2012

are these 2 different things?  My group had it postponed until next week.  It was supposed to be this past Wed.  I just want to make sure these are 2 different things.  I was under the impression Remedy 7.6 was mainly for placing support tickets.  TIA. ...

Update On Three Reports A Day
Aug 09, 2012

Thanks everyone for your encouragement on my first post about 3 reports a day since I started with my new company.  I have now been with the company as an IC for 4 days and still being restricted.   I understand that new hires have to be checked.  This is bordering on ridiculous, though.  Today for instance I had one report, ONE.  It was multiple patients on one dictation but after that, nothing.   I waited for it to get through QA and reviewed corrections ...

Transcend Update
Aug 14, 2012

As anyone else listened to the update on Transcend and Nuance new Model?  I hope that is the way it is going to be and hope it is better for everyone.  This comes out today and I had 2 team leads both typing on the account I type on and assigning numerous jobs and all of the good work to themselves and then causing the regular MLS to run out of work.  This is the kind of crap that I hope stops.   ...

Organizational Update From Amy
Oct 10, 2012

nm ...

Update On Change In Job!
Oct 31, 2012

Hi all, Just wanted to say that it has been 2 weeks  now since my change to an outside job (MA in family clinic) and it is really a lot easier than I thought it would be making that transition. I was worried about having to be "social" again and you know, it's really nice. The first day was a little nerve wracking, but by the end of the day it was okay. The best part? 12 paid holidays; PTO 80 hours a year plus floating holidays equals out to be about 120 hours total a year; raise ...