A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM WAL-MART - ANON

Posted: Feb 18, 2010

Well after being in this business for almost 20 years, I have decided it's time to hang up the keyboard,  as a single person I can no longer support myself as a medical transcriptionist.  This is not even a good part-time job anymore.  I have worked for more companies than I cared to admit, suffered through intolerable divas as team leads, gestapo QA, constant nip picking on where a comma goes, or a verb, and had my cpl reduced from what started out at 13 cpl to 0.0350 cpl.  So ladies and gentlemen there is another life out there.  Many companies are looking for marketing representatives to demonstrate products in your local Wal-Mart, and pay you anywhere from $10 to 17 an hour, and you can move up into the company, since my company is iinternational, and get benefits, pay every other week, DD, and employee status.  No putting up with the divas that are CMT's that can't type or edit their way out of paper bags, and all think they took a test they are better than  I am flashing their credentials, Woo-Hoo you passed a test, but can you type?  NOT!  Do you have people skills?  Ah, no.

This job is only for the stay at home moms who are not self supporting, and have gotten into this industry as a replacement for daycare, and just wanted something to keep them busy, and not a real profession.  This labor pool has lowered our industry pay and standards.  I've QA'd this work, no comment.  I asked one if she had the BOS, and her reply was, "What's that?"  She'd never heard of the AHDI much less the AAMT.

Well, things have changed thanks to HIPAA, MTS now can be PERSONALLY held liable and sued if you make costly patient care error, which now requires us to carry liability insurance, because God knows the MTSO will not back us up. Ah, no thanks, not for $40 a day.

I do not want to forget to thank all those sales and marketing people that market the VR platforms to the clients, leading them down the garden path telling them they can save so much on transcription by buying their software, but forget to tell them that the software is like the Leapster, you buy one part but you have to buy the others to make it work.  So that reduced our wages 2/3.  It takes just as long to edit a document as it does to type it.  For those people that say they do 400 lph, I say BS!  If you do, you're blowing and going, because I have worked on 4 VR platforms, and I have to do FULL LISTEN ON EVERY SINGLE JOB, and it is not humanly possible to do 4000 lines in 8 hours and still have the patient survive!  Besides to the math, that's a little over 10 bucks an hour.  These companies DO NOT educate the people they sell their bill of goods to on exactly how the platform functions, if they did, they'd have no takers.  Editscript 9 is about the best out there, but it's not that great, I can still type it faster than I can edit it, with all the changes I have to make, forget it.  And the pay is so low that in order to make what I made transcribing, I have to Edit 4000 lines a day!  I made the same amount of money typing, so we're doing almost 4x the work!  We're still pulling up those charts, and reviewing them, and we're still seeing over 200o+ lines of transcription a day, before we only had to see 12 to 1600 lines.

I will no longer sell my services for $35 - 40 a day to stay home!  I have had to get food stamps while these fat cats for the MTSO's ride around in their BMW's, live in gated communities, and go on exotic vacations every year, and without us they would have no BMW or gated community and because we are the invisible work force, no one pays attention to us or values what we do.  I'm tired of it.  Oh, and the so called "team leads" exactly what do they do?  They are never available, I know they are working another job while collecting the team lead pay!  They do not give feedback, and when you ask for it, they get highly put out, "you want what" and then start  nip picking your work because you asked a question!  I personally have the misfortunate of working for one now where I terminated her at another company, her and her buddy go from company to company, how they get jobs, I have no clue.  They are 2 nasty witches, and both dumb as dirt, oh did I forget one's a CMT!

I am officially resigning from this business, and opening the door to all of the people who want to sit at your computer for 8-10 hours a day to make less than minimum wage, be my guest you can have it!  I would NEVER encourage ANYONE to be a medical transcriptionist.  

The one thing I do see happening is people are refusing to work on VR for $0.0350 cpl, and that's like the VBC, we don't see that much anymore at all, enough MTs refuse to work on VR for that low pay, what's the alternative, they have to pay more!  We s hould be paid the same, it's the knowledge they are paying for and i will no longer sell that knowledge for that, I can go to work and say, "Do you want fries with that?" and make more money!  That's what it's come down to.  All of you out there in transcription land who want to sit there and be abused by not being paid overtime or minimum wage, be my guest, but you are only hurting yourself and the industry.

Signed:  A former MT, who has moved on to greener pastures I'll be at the local Wal-Mart, asking, "Would you like a sample?  Can I offer you a coupon?" 

YESSSSS SOMEONE ELSE ALSO - CB2525

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent you an email.

Awesome post - tiredoftyping

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome post. So true on so many points. I too am getting out of this field after 20 years. My husband has cancer and can't work a lot of the time. I use to be able to make enough to take care of all of us and now I am fighting despartely to hang on to my house. I am going to school with just a little over a year before I graduate and hoping I can make ends meet until then by working two jobs on top of going to school. I use to be proud of what I did and what I could do for my family, now I feel like I let them down. Trust me - if I can find a full-time job on 3rd shift in my area, I won't be hanging on to this transcription job until graduation either. Its a sad state of affairs but America needs to bring its jobs back to America and the rich need to realize that when us lowly peons are too broke to buy anything or afford medical care, they too might just see our side of the fence - GO KARMA!!!

"Go Karma!" I Love It!! n/m - Anne

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You go girl! (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything you say is the god's honest truth. Thank you for saying it, and I wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

Leave it to the rest of us - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience with being an MT. I'm relatively new to MT only having worked about three years. Every field has advancements and change and those who resist are those left behind. I do understand the field and I myself am worried about the future. I don't depend on this job as much as some as this is a second job for me and while I do need the income I'm not totally dependent on it. I have to say I love VR, it's what I've done for the entire time that I have been an MT. I can live off of the money I make doing it if I chose to work FT, which I don't. It is NOT unrealistic to do 400 lph at all. I do over 300 and I'm sure there are better platforms where you can do more. Good for you for moving on but don't knock what some of us know and have posted on here previously about the amount of work that can be done in VR.

I have been doing VR for 3 years and personally? - IT SUCKS BIG TIME!

[ In Reply To ..]
I know, how about we switch accounts. My account has to have a word corrected, EVERY SECOND WORD. Not one sentence is correct let alone three words in a row! I want your gravy account and you can have my barely minimum wage account. I have been an MT for 22 years. You have no idea what it was like 10 years ago. WE USED TO LOVE OUR JOBS. They gave us benefits, good wages, major overtime pay, major bonuses and us single woman could support ourselves and when you are used to making a certain income 10-15 years ago and buying a house on your own and paying for a car and then all of a sudden, THEY TAKE IT ALL AWAY! FRANKLY, IT SUCKS BIG TIME and I am supposed to adjust to this change? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? While these FAT CATS get their BMW's or should I say Lamborginis While mine gets repo? Nope, on to better NONE MT jobs and you can take my account! Good Luck. Besides, MTs will be gone soon. Many hospitals and using the EPIC or GE EMR where doctor's/hospitals do their own reports because frankly, they too are sick of MTSO's.

Once again...sorry - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Did this change happen overnight? I mean did you one day wake up and have a 20K paycut? Probably not. You stuck around...regardless of the changes in the industry..hoping that things would get better or that it was all just a dream? I'm not trying to be mean but be realistic NO job field stays the same. If you didn't know what was happening in your own field..shame on you. I'm sorry that your platform isn't working out for you. I'm sorry that 15 years ago you were living the high life. You are saying exactly what I expressed in my first post and that is you haven't changed or wanted to change...you are still thinking about the old days so stuck on what was instead of what is. By adjusting to change you do exactly that. You adjust by making the necessary changes in the field you are currently working in or you adjust to change by finding another line of work. You always have a choice of what you want to do and you and others it seems just want to complain about how unfair this all is instead of doing what is necessary to get out or get on with it.
Excuse Me - but I did see the change coming - tiredoftyping
[ In Reply To ..]
why do you think I went back to school and YES - it did happen overnight to me. I had a job making excellent money one day and the next I got a phone call telling me the account went overseas. And this was with absolutely no warning whatsoever. We were never even given an idea that this was happening. I have willing learned, actually begged to learn, VR so that I could keep up. I have begged to be taught new work types. My problem is that in every job I have gone to since I lost my first one, there has been no work and the pay is drastically cut. And why can't I remember the good ole days when I could support my family? I was proud of what I could do then. I work just as hard today, working weekends and the third shift that nobody else wants, as I always have, why is ok that I have to take these cuts in pay and work? Everytime someone complains people come on and accuse them of not working hard, or not learning new things or not being willing to change - you are not in their shoes, they know their situation and if they need to vent - well thats their right. I hold nothing against this field - it was a fun ride while it lasted, but yes - I am getting my butt out of it before there is really nothing left. This old dog can be taught a new trick.
Change - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
My 20K paycut did happen overnight. I moved to another state with 15 years exp as an MT, making 50K as a single mother, convinced that I would be just fine. I got a job right away, for 20K less, so in my case, it did happen overnight. I still love what I do but after 20 years in the business, I realize I need to look at other options before my arms give out on me trying to maintain a standard of living above poverty for my children. I'm not knocking you at all because I am glad to see someone who still has hope for this field. You need that motivation. I am blessed with 2 jobs in this field. Do I make enough money? No, so clearly I have to pursue other options, and I'm okay with that. Best of luck to you.
Once again...sorry - Me - MT company slave
[ In Reply To ..]
You said you have only been doing MT for 3 years or so...drop us a line 10 years from now and see how your realistic approach to this industry is working for ya honey! But, I doubt you will have a job with the way things are going and then you will join the rest of us on Memory Lane. Your lack of experience is showing when you imply that our pay cuts did not happen overnight because this is commonplace these days. I was making a very, very good living (no high life here...just able to put food on the table for my family) and one day my boss called me and told me that she was losing her best accounts to VR. Money is always the bottom line and if they can cut the middle man (that's you and me sista) THEY WILL! Be scared....be very scared!

VR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't have the VR a lot of us have then. Example, I took a short report, 72 seconds, and in that report I had to make 41 necessary corrections. Cannot possibly make money on this kind of VR, and that is standard VR quality for what I get. Also 20 years experience, including in hospital for many years. Used to love my job.

It is people like you that have brought the field down. sm - Tiff

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone with 3 years of experience has no clue about this business. YOU have not been in this business long enough to even comprehend it as of yet. Advancements are great. However, VR is not an advancement. It is a set back. We still have to have the same knowledge to do the same job BUT we are paid LESS for it. I have been doing this for 22 years. I started on a darn typewriter and I have also done VR. VR is the worse thing I ever seen in my life. Maybe you can do it. However, maybe you accept it for what it is because YOU have never done anything else. When you have more "real world" experience (meaning worked in different aspects of this field), then come back and tell us how great it is. Oh and by the way, I edit regular MT work and typically get paid higher than what they pay for VR, and yes I edit between 400-500 lines per hour. Lets see....25.00 per hour or 3.5 cpl (seems to the average so just estimating) and that would be 17.50 per hour.

Once again.. - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm impressed that I single handedly brought this profession to what it is today. Who said I was an expert? I shared my opinion just as you just did and I'm being credited for the downfall of the MT world. Yeh I do believe VR is an advancement...maybe not to you because you believe it has taken away what once was but would you still just love to be flipping through reference manuals, dictionaries etc. instead of being able to hop in the internet and with the touch of your fingers find the information you are looking for? Would you still just love to be using a typewriter instead of the advancement of a computer? Cmon' you are not being realistic. I may not have been in the MT world long compared to you but I've been in the working world for 20 years and I've seen my fair share of changes in every position that I've held. I've been laid off before from a big company, I've adjusted my goals and future because of changes...my whole point is you either can hop on and adjust or you can do what you and many others do and that is focus on the "good ol days" and have all of that anger and hatred towards those you think are to blame. I'm sorry but life is a moving picture...it doesn't stay still and I for one am thankful for that.
Aw! But I beg to differ. I NEVER said I hate my job :) - Tiff
[ In Reply To ..]
Never said one word about the "good old days either." I also really did not imply that YOU brought it down. The newer MTs do not know what to ask for OR what they can get. Only what they are offered. What I said was very specific. YOU have not been around long enough to know enough about this business. You could have spent many years in other fields. That is great but they were not this field. Changes CAN be great. VR is NOT a great change. It lowered pay but yet we (MTs) are doing MORE work. Therefore, that is not an advancement. If you choose to advance in your career, which I highly encourage with anyone (no I do not work FT as MT anymore - I advanced), you still have to make sure it is really an advancement. VR is NOT. VR is a drawback and lessened an MTs pay. Anyone with half a brain knows that you work smarter NOT harder. VR is not the "smarter" way to work. It is the "harder" way to work.

PS I have been in this for years. I have not "looked" at a book in many years. I have every Stedman CD there is.
Computers and the internet were advancements. They - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
helped us do our jobs faster and more efficiently. VR, however, is NOT an advancement for MTs. It takes nearly the same amount of time to do a report on VR as with straight MTing, but the corporations want to pay about HALF the line rate. That's not a good thing for MTs any way you slice it.

Living off VR - Long-Time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well 400 lines per hour x8 hours x5 days a week at $.04 per line only comes to $640 before taxes and that is if you can sustain that 400 lines for a whole 8 hour shift x5 days. Glad you can live on that if you had too, I couldn't...here in NY my grocery bill for a family of 4 and a dog is $125-150 a week. Now in the good old days I would have made 275 lines/hour (average-straight typing) x8 hours x5 days x $.11/line=$1210 before taxes. Not that was an income you could live on! Oh and those good ole days were not too like ago, about 6-7 years ago.

The killer part of it? - The food was cheaper at the grocery store 6 years

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what bothers me. Cable bill is higher today, electricity to run your computer, food, gas to go to the store, cost of living and yet we get deduction in pay, some by half. IT IS JUST DEMORALIZING.

To anon - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
GREAT job on your post - it was very well written. My best friend works for Wal-Mart and has for almost 15 years. She started out as a cashier, but by choice has chosen not to climb the ladder. She works overnights stocking shelves in her dept. She has a wonderful benefits package with health, paid vacaton, stocks in Wal-Mart, etc. She makes over $14 an hour stocking shelves, but she is a long time employee. She loves it - just as I am sure you will. I wish you all the best and keep us posted as to how happy you will no doubt be.

Wonderful post! - So very true, unfortunately.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Fail. You are not a people person. - Nip Niperson

[ In Reply To ..]
no no

my 7 cents worth - Sher

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sitting here lollygagging, picking my nipples, and looking for yet another MT job.

I too have been in this field for many years (18+) and miss the good old days when I was proud to call myself an MT.

Working 3 years in this field makes me ponder one question - why? Why would anyone have chosen this profession 3 years ago?

I started working in a hospital setting where docs actually came to me and told me what a great job I was doing, where co-workers and people in other departments came to me as a reference for their questions. An MT with years of experience could probably test out in the MD field or the RN field...we have to know their jobs as well. We MTs are the glue that holds the medical profession together. We take note when drug levels are incorrect, when lab values are dictated in error, when surgical procedures are dictated incorrectly...We call attention to the little details that make patient care a safe place to be.

In the last 3 years, I would never have learned any of that. You have no idea what you have missed by not being in this profession for a longer period of time. You are like the robot that came into the factory and took over the job of humans... you dont need to think, just work, over and over and over.

With inflation, thats my 7 cents worth.

Ah, you took me back (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can also remember working in the hospital setting and having doctors come in and tell me what a great job I was doing. I remember being able to actually ask them a question and get not only an answer but a little background about a procedure, a little educational addition to just an answer. I've been in this field 44 years now. In 1967 I worked for a radiologist in California who had me sit in his office with him while he viewed the x-rays so that he could educate me on what he was dictating. Likewise, 2 years later, I worked for a pathologist in Boca Raton, Florida, who would let me watch while he cut in the surgical specimens so that I could understand what everything looked like and what the terms meant. And yes, I do miss those days, even if it did mean working on a typewriter. Now we are just faceless Social Security numbers who take away from the MTSO's choice of new toys for the month.

So you are saying that... - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Those new to MT are less intelligent? Oh no wait, I think what you are saying is that you are far superior to any new MT out there. Kudos for your experience and all that you have endured through what sounds like such a hard life. Hey I'm not totally secure with the company that I'm with but I will roll with whatever changes do happen and believe me in the short time I have been an MT I have seen plenty of changes and not all that I like. It's life.
Part of what a seasoned MT has over those new is - sharp comprehension
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not Sher or Longtime MT, but I also did not see in any of their posts about how far superior they are to any new MT out there. They are simply stating how much the field has changed and how it used to be more than 3 years ago. Can you point out where they said those new to MT are less intelligent or less superior? Skilled comprehension comes with experience. Just to clarify, I DID NOT SAY you do not have comprehension skills. lol
Read between the lines.. - Me
[ In Reply To ..]
You are like the robot that came into the factory and took over the job of humans... you dont need to think, just work, over and over and over.

If that's not an insult I don't know what is. Read between the lines honey, it doesn't take much "comprehension" to figure that one out. I've never received lower than 99% on QA so I must be doing something right for a lil ol "new" MT.
I agree with Me. If she started as an MT 3 years ago, - ..
[ In Reply To ..]
she took what was offered to her. The MT industry changed. She is working with an accuracy of 99.5% accuracy, what more do you want form her, stop insulting her with posts like this:

from "my 7 cents worth - Sher"
: You are like the robot that came into the factory and took over the job of humans... you dont need to think, just work, over and over and over."

Wow! That's gross!

Why do you think that so many technical changes were made in the MT field? Because MTs were too expensive! $ 25.--an hour, at that times,

This was then, now is now,

Sometimes I can understand why doctors want to do it all by themselves, dictating into their computer and editing. They had enough from the MTSOs who promise lot of things, and for them it never gets cheaper.

They are almost there: EMR

With your attitude it is time that YOU (
"my 7 cents worth - Sher")
"make some changes, NOT "Me."
Working at Wal-Mart? - itype2
[ In Reply To ..]
For those of us who have been around forever, it is difficult to remember how it was first starting out in this field. I don't know about anyone else, but I took the low pay that I was offered and did what they told me to do, I was happy to have a job and eager to learn. After 30-some years as an MT I still take on extra work and learn new things within my department. Believe it or not, people higher up have noticed and appreciate it, it's probably going to help me keep my job when they start cutting staff. I would never think that I knew everything there was to know, each specialty is like learning a new vocabulary; that is why transcription has held my interest for so long. BTW, 99.5% accuracy rate is awesome for a new MT. Technology is definitely changing and I agree that we are going to have to learn it and adapt or find something else to do. It's scary but that's the reality. Back in the day when I was a newbie, the older more experienced MTs were my mentors and offered encouragement, I don't understand the hostility.

These times are GONE..move on or move out! - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

good for you - fin

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand and agreewithyour anger.

Bravo!! - luvzminis

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this post was very well said, and hats off and best of luck to this former MT! It's about time more people spoke up as things are getting ridiculous for MTs these days, and seem to worsen daily.

Amen to that! Had I a Walmart nearby, I would do the same. Good luck! - ,,,

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Wow... - JB

[ In Reply To ..]
Why is everyone bashing everyone? We ALL chose this career, regardless of when we chose it. We all stayed in this field for a certain amount of time, regardless of how long we stayed in it. We all had reasons we chose to enter this field and we've all had reasons to either stay or leave. Life sucks and you move on. And to assume that this job is simply an alternative to day care for women who are not self-supporting just makes you look like an @ss -- not to mention the one who basically called the newer MTs mindless robots. There are advancements in this field, you just have to go after them. I've been in this field for 8 years now and I've moved up the ladder because I went after it. I am also choosing to step out of this field for my own personal reasons. I am currently back in school to go into another field, but I do NOT think that anyone that chooses to be an MT or chooses to stay an MT is ignorant, mindless, or anything else remotely resembling those descriptions. To think that way would be completely hypocritical. We're all grown-ups, now let's act like it.

I totally agree. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We each have our own reasons for being in this field of work, for staying in it, and for leaving. We all have our own levels of tolerance for change, good or bad, and how we adapt to it.

Just because you've had a poor experience that has soured your opinion of this field, it still doesn't make it right to put down others still here.

True, some folks get into this field to have a job without needing childcare, others get in it just to be able to stay home, still others get into it as a source for extra income. It doesn't matter why you do it. It also doesn't matter why you get out of it.

MTSOs will pay only what they have to pay to get the job done. This business is no different than Wal-Mart or any other place. By the way, even the great Wal-Mart has had legal troubles regarding pay and benefits for the actual store employees. The higher ups get great bonuses, benefits, and paychecks while the store workers scrape by with minimal wage and minimal benefits. While they do get a discount on purchases, it tends to exclude foods.

We need to stop blaming each other for the problems in this field and put the blame with whom it belongs, the CEOs and others up the ladder that make all the decisions that have little if any impact to their wallet or job.

Similar Messages:

RFP Mart
Jun 09, 2015

Has anyone used RFP Mart to gain vendors for MT accounts?  Any info would be appreciated.  Please just those who are familiar with them.  Thanks- ...

Went To Wal Mart And Bought A New Keyboard
Feb 04, 2012

Went to Wal Mart and bought a new keyboard.  It is a Logitech.  The keys are not flushed and flat.  The keys on the one sent with my computer were so close together that I couldn't tell which key I was hitting.  This one is much better. ...

Wal-Mart Commercial - "a Raise In Pay Raises Us All." Hey MModal Listen Up!
May 04, 2015

If Im meeting my LPH minumum plus, why do I still require make-up pay?? Wow!  My CPL sucks..just saying! ...

I Got A Job Offer!
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't even completely finished school, tested for a part time IC position, and I got the job offer today! It can be done, ****! *** Stop with the snide remarks toward experienced MTs who do not share your point of view for this career.   Moderator *** ...

Offer
Dec 07, 2010

hypertype:  Straight VR - 0.6 cents/line, IC status with 10.00 licensing fee every 2 weeks. Mostly ER. Good offer? or bad offer? ...

Job Offer At TTS ?
Sep 19, 2012

Have an offer,not sure though. Would love to hear from others who work there and in the know. How is their QA done, weekly, monthly, every 3 months like where I work now or just how. Do you think the QA is there, fair, critical, just anything I could find out would be nice.  ...

Non-MT Job Offer
Mar 29, 2013

...Okay, I'm not here to start a fight about union vs non-union, but I was just offered a non-MT job at a hospital that has a union, and I am anti-union.  When she told me that it was a union position, my jaw dropped.  She must have seen the look on my face, because she told me that since this is Florida, we don't HAVE to join the union or pay dues or anything like that.  My face brightened up right away. SO, if you are not pro-union be SURE to ask if the state you live ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...

Offer From Medquist
Mar 19, 2010

Wow.  I was just offered a job by MQ.  I politely asked if the 'rumors' were true about being docked for sending reports to QA.  I was informed that if you are supposed to do 6,000 lines a week and 300 lines total come to QA, then yes you would be docked 3 cents per line.  If you are part-time with 4,000 line a week and 200 lines total came to QA, then you would be docked.  I politely said that I would have to decline.  BUT, if you feel that even QA canno ...

Job Offer From Transolutions
Jun 09, 2010

I have a job offer from Transolutions, but I have a couple of questions.   I use Instant Text and I need to know if their platform is compatible with it.  This would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.   The opinions of the company I read on this board were not very favorable -- slow speech rec program,  too much speech rec, etc.  But all the opinions were at least 2 years old.  Is there any more current information out there?   The pay scale is very enticing, but if the ...

Need Advice On Job Offer
Jun 24, 2010

I'm considering an offer from a national company of around 8.75 cents straight typing and around 5.5 for VR. This would be for a full-time position and I have over 10 years experience (but none with VR).  I'm currently on unemployment earning around $1500 a month. My normal production of straight typing is around 150-200 lph.  With this info., should it be a problem to earn more than what I'm currently making on unemployment? I'm afraid to make the change as once I ...

Ooooh Job Offer
Oct 01, 2010

Just got a "job offer" e-mail.  I can make $225/day working for e-bay auctions!!!! Why am I still doing MT????? NOT!!!! ...

MQ Offer Me A Job Last Week...
Jun 14, 2011

MQ offered me a full-time position last week, after all the testing, but after reading this board, with all the firings and lawsuit, and outsourcing, I don't know if I want to work for them! Is there any reason not to work for them? I would appreciate any input. Thank you. ...

UNIWORK ANYONE? Job Offer......
Apr 22, 2011

Anyone heard of Uniwork? Clue me in please????? ...

Offer For Job With Medquist
Jun 06, 2011

Hi all, I was just offered a postiion and was wondering how the company is? Any advice good or bad would be helpful. Thanks ...

I Just Got A Job Offer With Nuance
Jul 27, 2011

I am an MT with 20+ years experience and switched careers a year ago when our hospital's Transcription Department was eliminated and all transcription was outsourced. I am currently working full-time as a secretary but am looking for part-time MT work to supplement my income as most of my wages are going towards my family's health insurance. I was hoping for 10-15 hours per week, but 20 hours are required and I'm not sure I can handle 12-hour days between both jobs. Does ...

Job Offer For Probity
Aug 09, 2011

I just had a job offer for Probity.  I am considering it, but before I accepted I emailed them with a question about if there is steady work and still have had no response.  I am on unemployment benefits, so if I take their job and then there is not steady work and if I have to quit, I cannot get my benefits back.  So, it's a delicate decision.  Is anyone working for them who can tell me anything about them....good or bad?  Thank you. ...

MQ Job Offer Today
Dec 07, 2011

MQ has scheduled an offer phone call for me today.  I am kind of scared.  I have many years into MT and thought I might as well since they will someday employ me through buyouts anyway.  Is there any good reasons why I should accept the job.  Or should I avoid the call and just keep sending out resumes.  Please if there is anything good to say now is the time because I am 50/50 on taking the chance. Thanks. ...

Is This A Good Offer?
Dec 15, 2011

Is .11/65 ct line good or bad? TAI ...

What Companies Offer
Jan 15, 2012

401ks--preferably with a match?  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Disappointing Offer-sm
Apr 11, 2012

I lost my job a few months ago.  I started applying, testing, waiting to hear from companies.  I did get hired this week part-time for VRE work and it pays peanuts.  A second company was interested in me and I went through testing, filling out tons of paperwork, phone calls and waiting.  They offered me a job as an MT and also VRE.  The offer is so disappointing!  I have a lot of experience but that does not seem to count for anything with them.  The wages are ...

SoftScript Job Offer
Oct 11, 2012

Was planning to go to work for SS.  Posts here make me very nervous.  Are they maybe just disgruntled employees?  Help, honesty please. ...

Softscript - Got A Job Offer
Nov 27, 2012

Hi - Got a job offer from them and wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with this company and did/do you like them.  Been with my current company for a long time now and am hesitant to leave, but VR has put a huge dent in my paycheck and SS says they don't do VR... Thanks in advance! ...

I Have An Offer From Keystrokes
Jan 04, 2013

I have an offer from Keystrokes.  They are paying 7 cpl.  Any current or former workers?  I currently work for Nuance/Transcend. Please respond soon; I need to make a decision before Monday. Thanks in advance. ...

Got A Job Offer At Probity
Feb 04, 2013

I got a job offer at Probity.  The pay has an incentive built in for anything over 5000 lines per pay period.  Does anyone know what the pay period is?  It doesn't say and am waiting for resonse from recruiting.  Also, it is for a 6 hour shift.  Is that normal.  I was hoping for 8. Is eligibility for benefits based on line count or hours worked?  Any advice would be helpful on this company. Thanks ...

Very Strange Job Offer
Sep 18, 2013

Just got an unsolicited email from "At Once" transcription company.  Said they had reviewed my resume and seem to be a good fit and to call for an interview.  They listed their address, etc..... Signed by - person to call to set up interview.  On line, there is no company called At Once listed when googled.  I know I didn't send ANYONE a resume in quite a while.  WT is this?!?!   ...

Coding Offer
Mar 13, 2014

I just wanted to wish all of you good luck if you get the offer and want to take the test for the coding class.  We all have to decide what is best for ourselves.  I really hope this is a postive offer.  I understand totally how so many of us feel stuck where we are because our workload and pay have changed so much.  As others have advised, I would definitely get all the answers.  Unfortunately in the medical transcription world we feel we are fighting just to be ab ...

Starting Pay Offer?
Apr 24, 2014

As an experienced MT, would you take a job that started at 7 cpl? I don't know if this is the norm now, but I have interviewed for 5 jobs this week, none of which have offered more than this. One of the jobs sounded great, but I am terrified to take it because of this 7 cpl offer. She said there was no wiggle room, so I can't ask if they'd consider going up a little. I have 10 years of experience and have been at the same job for 8 years.  Other than considering going off on ...