A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Very strange job offer - anon

Posted: Sep 18, 2013

Just got an unsolicited email from "At Once" transcription company.  Said they had reviewed my resume and seem to be a good fit and to call for an interview.  They listed their address, etc.....

Signed by - person to call to set up interview. 
On line, there is no company called At Once listed when googled.  I know I didn't send ANYONE a resume in quite a while.  WT is this?!?!

Do you have your resume posted here - on MT Stars?

[ In Reply To ..]

nope - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Have you - shopped

[ In Reply To ..]
for or researched MT equipment, books, etc or even looked for a job on any of the big search engines? It's probably based on your IP address. I get quilt ads here based on an ebay purchase I made from Wild Orchid dot com. Everywhere I go online, if there is advertising, it's stuff I looked at elsewhere. Same is true of jobs, especially if it is a scam, which a lot of them are.

now there's a possibility - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've visited lots of sites, too numerous to count. So that could be it. What really threw me, besides not knowing who this company is, is the fact that they "attached" information for me to look over. Any intelligent MT would know better than to open an attachment and if this company doesn't know better than to expect someone to open one I'm not at all interested.

They're probably phishing. - shopped

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm getting an ad here based on a FB conversation! The person the discussion was about is CEO of a large textbook publisher and he responded to some allegations on someone else's FB page, not mine. Scary.

Phone number, name or address? - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I can do a reverse check for you.

Very strange job offer - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know the company, but it sure sounds like a scam. Whatever you do, don't give them any personal information.

Similar Messages:

Does This Seem Strange?
Feb 26, 2010

I sent my resume to Iridium (I regret doing that) and they sent me a test to take through Word and some transcribing.  I noticed that the doctor clearly said a patient's name in one of the recordings!  I thought it was a fictitious name, but I then received an e-mail asking me to sign a confidentiality form due to the patient info in the dictations.  I think it's terrible that they didn't take this person's name out.  Something seems odd about this company ...

Strange....
Jan 09, 2012

I just read the lengthy, rambling, repetitious, chatty message posted on the Job Seeker's Board by CLK Transcription. It reminds me of the job posting on another site about a year ago that contained "LOL" in the job description.  Has professionalism completely died in America?  Evidently so.   ...

This Is Very Strange....
May 18, 2015

I received a general email asking for OT commitments for today...and just ran out of work?  WTH?   ...

Something Strange Is Going On
Jun 10, 2015

Anyone know what?   ...

Strange Happening - Is It Just Me ?
Apr 09, 2010

Starting this morning, about 3/4 of my reports (which I HAD NOT sent to QA, i.e. did not  check the box), are returning to me with QA feedback.  What with FTR this could really go against my submission rate.  I rarely send to QA, maybe 1-2 a day at most.  Anyone else having this happen, a technical glitch, or am I losing it ?  TIA !   ...

Seems Strange That Everything In MQ Is So Slow.
Apr 13, 2010

Every site having to do with MQ is as slow as molasses.  Other Internet sites whiz along.  Trying to check MQ E-mail, clock in, etc. is always a draaaaaaaaggggg.  Is it their equipment or poor IT I wonder?  Either way, once again makes you wonder about their accuracy on any of our numbers.  Does their software "catch" everything or are some of my lines are flying past while it is dragging like a snail?   ...

Strange Days Indeed
Sep 20, 2010

I know that the majority on this board have bad relationships with their past and present CCM, but I just had to put this up.  This new CCM I have is G-R-E-A-T!   She listens, calls back or emails back right away, If she doesn't know something she finds out and she is always just saying "thank you" and "I appreciate you"...  I haven't had a good one in YEARS!  The 6.1 new stuff took us all for a loop, but she was (it seemed) on call 24/7 for us during the tran ...

Strange Question, But...
Dec 05, 2011

how does one go about getting fired from medquist? i would make much more money on unemployment... ...

Strange Problem
Sep 03, 2012

Sometimes when typing suddenly keyboard goes haywire.  Things get highlighted just when using arrow keys, get all caps when caps not on and other weird things that prevent me from working.  Then in a few minutes all is okay and it may not happen again for weeks.  This happen to anyone else.  Something in the system or do I just need a new keyboard?  Appreciate all comments. ...

What Is Going On.Really Strange NO Jobs
Nov 05, 2012

what is going on?  ...

Strange E-mail
Apr 01, 2013

Just looked at my in box and had an e-mail I STRONGLY  suspect is spam.  I deleted it. Sender:  Bartholomew Marquez RE:  Pick update. It also had an attachment. Just wanted to give others a heads up.   ...

Does Anyone Else Find This Knd Of Strange?
Nov 14, 2013

Why is it that we can't forward our emails out of the system? It will let me print them, but I wanted to forward one to an old coworker and it won't allow it. I always wonder if it is covering their rear after the Transcend lawsuit? ...

Hmmm-strange
Sep 05, 2014

Cannot get into e-mail or remedy.  I was able to at noon and now NOT.  Very strange?  Don't know what is going on. ...

IMedX - Everything Seems Strange
May 10, 2015

Everything seems strange at this company anymore.  Not a lot of emails from accountcare regarding updates on accounts, nor do you get an email from your supe regarding anything much at all.  Everyone is being so hush-hush, it seems.    Also, one of the QA's sent an email this morning saying today is her last day.  Wonder why??  The work on accounts is still very sporadic.  This past Friday, there was hardly any work at all, even after 8p, and most of the time Fri-Sun are the "feast" ...

On-Call Transcription - Strange
Aug 20, 2010

Did anybody else see the job ad from On-Call Transcription?  They want applicants to put the words "purple" and "couch" at the top of their responding emails - what's up with that??  If they are just trying to get people to read and follow instructions, that's a pretty unprofessional and demeaning way to accomplish it in my opinion.  ...

Strange Email Today
Nov 06, 2012

Received a strange email today from recipient eFax. It was sent to me and other MModal employees, but it would not open, so thinking it is a virus/scam. Anyone else receive an email like this?! ...

Strange Email From CommandHealth
Dec 31, 2013

I worked for TransformMT briefly 2 years ago.  I just got an email from CommandHealth instructing me to log into AsureForce and submit my timesheet before Thursday.  I work for Landmark, not CommandHealth, as far as I know!  Does anyone know if this is something new for Landmark, or could it just be some glitch from when I used to work for TransformMT?  I would ask K, but I don't want to look like a nutcase, not knowing who my employer is.  Lol.  ...

Strange Silence This Morning
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from their boss about yesterday? Normally there are backlog updates and such first thing. I could hear a pin drop this morning. Not due to work today, so haven't checked anything else. ...

I Am So Sick Of Doing Work In Strange Accounts
Jun 14, 2010

This is the 3rd new account today!  I cannot keep the client profiles straight, bouncing back and forth, unfamiliar physician names, cannot locate local inforamation... Why do they do this?  Give me 3 primaries... if the work is gone, I will take the time off.  They spout off at the mouth about QUALITY... BEST OF THE BEST... CLIENTS COME FIRST... Gimmie a break.  This is employee abuse!  I am so tired.  Is there anyway out of this?   ...

Noticed Anything Strange About The Productivity Statistics?
Oct 10, 2012

My latest one says I had only 2.3% inactive time.  I'm like, yeah, right. ...

Strange Happenings With Keyboard/mouse?
Dec 06, 2013

I know as long as I have done this type of work not me but unusual and wondering if any others noticed such. I can be working on VR and try to go and make a correction, be on the line where I want to enter something and yet when I do the correction will wind up 2 or 3 lines above. This drives me nuts! I don't know if mouse, keyboard but have used both for sometime now. Any suggestions? ...

Strange That TTS Always Has A Real Positive Post When An Ad
Jun 29, 2014

Strange how wonderful a service becomes once they are looking for recruits.  May not be, but sometimes one smells a rat.  Could be legit, but just have to keep up your guard and not be blindsighted.  The 4 cpl also is a rah, rah, because I was told 3.5 cpl and 7.5 cpl and then the poster said she was sooooo happy and nobody bothers her and she also has money for healthcare.  Let's let Toto pull the curtain.  ...

This Is Strange...I Got A Post Audit Today For A
Jan 05, 2015

Jan 2, which is from last pay period.  I failed at 97 something percent.  I had 2 other reports from last pay period that were 100%.   So of course (luckily) the audit they did today won't count for that week--for one thing I already approved my pay statement and it did show that I had 100% QA.  I actually got a decent cpl, even though my production was very low as I was on my backup account.   Anyway, so what happens with that failing post audit score fr ...

M*Modal - Strange, Unwanted Phone Calls
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone else been getting strange recorded phone calls from M*Modal telling you to test for them? I keep ignoring them and yet they keep calling. I haven't tested for them in years and wouldn't work for them if they were the last MTSO left on earth. And the woman's voice who does the recording sounds like she is a robot or something from outer space, LOL! ...

Docuscribe 7 - Computer Is Slower, Browsers Are Strange
Jul 26, 2012

Ever since they started getting ready to put our group on this the computer is slower, browsers are strange. Anyone else having a problem?  I had messenger but it messed up too.  It is so frustrating! ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

Deviated "strange" Into The Left Basal Vein Of Rosenthal,
Oct 25, 2011

On MRA of brain with AVM.  The arterial supply is predominantly from the left anterior choroidal artery, with smaller contributions arising from the left posterior choroidal artery and lenticulostriate perforating vessels.  There is a deviated "strange" into the left basal vein of Rosenthal, left thalamostriate vein, and left anterior septal veins. ...

Strange Category On A "Miscellaneous Income" Tax Form
Mar 28, 2015

That's truly miscellaneous, along with the golden parachute category and the proceeds paid to an attorney.  I've never seen this form before.  Wonder why the MTSOs would use that instead of a 1099.  ...

I Got A Job Offer!
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't even completely finished school, tested for a part time IC position, and I got the job offer today! It can be done, ****! *** Stop with the snide remarks toward experienced MTs who do not share your point of view for this career.   Moderator *** ...

Offer
Dec 07, 2010

hypertype:  Straight VR - 0.6 cents/line, IC status with 10.00 licensing fee every 2 weeks. Mostly ER. Good offer? or bad offer? ...