A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have an offer from Keystrokes - Ms. Nemo

Posted: Jan 04, 2013

I have an offer from Keystrokes.  They are paying 7 cpl.  Any current or former workers?  I currently work for Nuance/Transcend. Please respond soon; I need to make a decision before Monday. Thanks in advance.

There are a ton of posts about Keystrokes recently. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My opinion is Keystrokes is probably next in line to be bought out by either MModal or Nuance. Sounds like they have been through a ton of warning sign changes this last year.

Agree - Steer clear

[ In Reply To ..]
My first guess is that they are getting ready to be sold in the near future. It's not a company that I would recommend to anyone right now. There have been way too many sketchy things happening there lately. I just left a few months ago and am very glad I did. Check the archives. There are lots of recent posts. Beware of the cheerleading suits who are probably going to be posting telling you otherwise.

keystrokes - Suz

[ In Reply To ..]
I presently work there on a part-time basis. There was recently a pay cut of 2 CPL. Extra pay for CMT status was also cut. As with many companies (I've worked for a number...), the leads, editors, and coordinators seem to be constantly busy. I've worked with leads and coordinators who keep in touch about the account only as needed (regular updates or when a question is asked). I have heard that there are leads and coordinators who are micromanagers but I have yet to encounter that. I need only part-time hours right now, a very specific schedule, and this works for me.

Plus 7 cpl when taxes and cost of living all going up? - Whats up with that?

[ In Reply To ..]
Top of the food chain never gets enough..they always need more, and for what? What are they putting out? Bonuses for the top I'm sure. 8.5 cpl was the going rate 5 years ago. Doesn't make sense.

Stay with Nuance/Transend. Why go down the ladder. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just my opinion, although I am sure you can always return. Rule of thumb: You know what you have, you don't know what you are going to get. One fry pan's heat is the same as another.

Nuace/Transcend IS - the bottom of the ladder

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

7 cpl?!?! That's AWFUL. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

7 cpl is for part time MTs and starting rate, but goes up after FT. sm - KS MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I am much higher than that, but I am FT. There is a lot of work in HIM, although I have heard that radiology is slower because of VR.

Never received a raise, only paycuts. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

and the management, UGH. pittiful. - you will hate your life. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
`

You're not kidding - Awful

[ In Reply To ..]
Never have I seen such disorganization and incompetency in my life.

There are MT's who love it at KS and those who do not. sm - Happy KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion UNLESS IT IS A GOOD EXPERIENCE. Remember that when reading this board, no matter which company is being blasted. Most people who are happy don't come here anymore and those who do usually don't post.

I am now going to be one of those people. Remember that unhappy people scream loud, but they scream loudest about the most recent company they hate.

Good luck to you, and I hope that you can see past this board. The 7 cpl is only for a few months if you are FT, as I am sure you were told.

we all know this, true with any company asked about. - thats pretty much a given. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
With me, I read the archives and still ask to see what the current temperature is - things change all the time...or not.

I was never told that - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at Keystrokes and I was never told that the 7 cpl was only for a few months. I checked with a couple of coworkers and they were never told that either. You must be in management. How else would you have that information?

The 7 cpl for PT is permanent but starting pay for FT MT's goes up. sm - KS Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
I was only referring to MT's being hired. Everyone is hired at 7 cpl until they are FT for either 60 or 90 days; I am not sure which it is.

I was told that for part-time MT's, the rate is always going to be 7 cpl. For FT, the range is up to 9 cpl, depending on the account, shift, and amount of time with KS.

I wasn't trying to cause a problem and am not management. I just wanted to to clear up the confusion I read.
Any way you slice it, 7 cpl is AWFUL. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Worse than awful - Disgusted
[ In Reply To ..]
I made more than 7 cpl at my very first MT job well over a decade ago. That is just disgusting. I don't care if it's only "for a few months" as was said earlier. That pay rate is just a huge slap in the face to any experienced MT. I would NEVER work for 7 cpl anywhere. I'm worth much more than that.
Who is paying more that actualy has work? At least I have work during my 20 hours a week. nm - TiredOld MT
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
More like nauseating - Fed up
[ In Reply To ..]
Just about 3 years ago, I was making almost 10 cpl at KS, now I am making 7. How is this right????? I'm a dependable worker, never called out sick, and always score well above 98% on my QA audits. I just sent my resume to one of the local hospitals here as well as a couple of other MTSOs. The second I get a better offer, I'm out of KS.
Good luck, wishing good things for you. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
If you were almost 10 cpl and now 7 cpl, why did you go PT? You would make more FT. nm - TiredOld MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I only want PT, so I am fine with it, but if I could do FT, I would make a lot more per line.

Why complain about it if you can do something to change it? I never understand that thinking.
I was forced to PT due to not enough work - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Going part-time was NOT my choice. I have 2 accounts and neither of them ever have enough work anymore for me to meet FT quota. Guess what else? I was made PT and took a pay cut with absolutely ZERO notice. How nice is that??? This company definitely lacks respect and professionalism. I have been asking everyone in management who will listen for more work, but nothing. The coordinators are absolutely useless most of the time and CSS is the biggest joke ever. That is why I am getting out as soon as something better comes along. I'm thinking anything would be better at this point.
You just answered confused's question. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Paycuts without notice saying it will be on next paycheck.
My advice to you: Take a hint. They want you gone. sm - LongTimeMT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you have been asking and not getting more, there is probably a good reason. Your opinion of coordinators and CSS probably shines through on your communication with them. I was a lead, and if someone was nasty all the time, I asked to have that person replaced rather than having to spending 90% of my time on one person.

Before you accuse me of being management, I am not. I was a lead and asked to step down due to my kids' sports activities, but I am not family or a friend of the owners, just a happy employee.
Wow, really??? - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You say they won't give me more work because they want me gone? You don't even know me, so who on earth are you to say something so ignorant??? In the 4-1/2 years I have been with Keystrokes, my lowest QA score has been a 99.3%. I have not once called out sick, not once even taken a vacation! I have always been nothing but polite and respectful to everyone in management, but for some insane reason, according to you, they want me gone? Well, if that truly is the case, they are getting their wish. I was just hired by a local hospital for much, much better pay and benefits and will be putting in my 2 weeks notice this this week. I hope you don't fall too hard from your high horse.
Good luck, that is great news! - I am so jealous.
[ In Reply To ..]
That is wonderful news for you. I totally understand, I have been there. I wish it were me.

to TiredMT- that might not be a jab at you but at how this company - operates. I would not put it past them. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Good riddance to you. - You are the one with an attitude.
[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you admit you had/have a god complex.

If anyone should be leaving KS it is you. You are part of the problem with KS reputation and the treatment of MT's. The fact that you are no longer a lead is a good thing for MT's and KS.

I'm an ex-lead, and got tired of dealing with - My kids this, my kids that, blah blah blah
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
and so work is cut to get these people to quit? - sounds typical of who I knew there. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
... .. ...
Not to my knowledge - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That wasn't happening that I know of. It's not a bad thing to only want reliable people on an account. Someone that plays the kids card 2-3 times a week, or someone with too much going on to work an 8-hour shift, to be honest, isn't a good fit for some accounts unless they're flex or with a 24-hour TAT. Nothing personal, but accounts have to be kept within the TAT agreed to in contracts signed, regardless of an MT's whims or their kids' whims.
oh, so there are conditions-depending on account, FT vs PT, etc. - nice try, but still stinks, now even more. N-M
[ In Reply To ..]

They pass the buck too..and not a dollar!!! Lies. - moe money
[ In Reply To ..]
If they can pay you the least, they will. If you want more, they will have someone else tell you 'over the phone' of course then they can pay you the least amount because where is it written? No place. They paid 10 years ago $1.25 a page for radiology...they said they never did. Oh so many lies. Oh so many people who never got paid in the early day...oh but you can't prove it, so it means it is not a lie.
I have my original contract $1.25/report. - It cannot be denied.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
7 cpl - sad tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was making 9.25 cpl because of difficult physicians, and 6 cpl VR, then got cut to around 8.90 cpl and 5 cpl VR for the "financial health of the company", then 7 cpl and 4 cpl and dropped to PT because, due to everything being VR and not the best VR software, I can no longer make the lines needed for FT, 12,000 straight, 15,000 editing due to poor audio quality and accounts mainly being VR now. Transcription is not what it used to be. I have 100% error free quality work, with ESL doctors with no compensation. I am looking to leave and more than likely will have to go to school for a different profession.

Keystrokes MT - LOVEKS

[ In Reply To ..]
Why are you thinking about leaving Nuance/Transcend to begin with?? I really like Keystrokes. They have always treated me right. And NO I am not a suit. I am just glad to have a job and a company who truly seems to care about me as a person. They work with you. But this is just my opinion, I am sure others have theirs which is great, but I would have to say, I love being at Keystrokes.

Love is a word that does not equate to transcription services. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to be blindsighted or an empty feeling to equate love with KS. Don't use the word loosely when it comese to a company that has screwed over a lot of good people. You may be happy with being abused and call it love, but in reality, it is not love.

You are so right. - Abused is exactly right.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at other companies that do not lie or treat their employees with such disrespect, abuse and threats.

I left a company with good benefits, that did not constantly change things, did not micromanage and there were no pay cuts because I believed the hype. I am stuck here until I find something else.

If you are not a favorite or friend or management, you are forced into submission because jobs are needed and just when you think things cannot possibly get worse, they do.

Of course anyone who gets special treatment and makes money will love KS.

As always, with any company, why do you stay? - Confused
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure that, with your attitude, they would be glad to replace you.

I don't know why so many MT's feel that they are doing a company favors by staying with them.

People like you, with bad attitudes, whether with Keystrokes or any other company, force these companies to be hard-nosed to others.

I have been with Keystrokes a long time, and have been there for ups and downs. I am not given special treatment and do my job.

What lies have they told you? What disrespect, abuse and threats? So many will say these things but very vague. Maybe if you gave examples or specifics, you would be more credible.
Credible you ask? You are happy and defensive. - Just facts.
[ In Reply To ..]
Good that you are happy and have been there a long time and have never been lied to nor found out that unfair labor practices have gone on. A lot of people are in marriages that are abusive and have been in them a long time also. Just hope it does not happen to you. You want specifics and why...because you don't see it, it does not happen? Their reputation is known by many. Don't excuse their unfair labor practices on workers' attitudes. People know their buddy buds who will defend their actions and justify their injustices...that's a given.
Speaking of unfair labor practices, it was ultimately unfair that - Just a fact
[ In Reply To ..]
just because some greedy idiot sued about OT she probably wasn't even owed, we're tracked like microchipped rats via Timeclock now. If we go 1 micro-second over 40 hours, we get chewed out by that clueless teenager on a power trip who works in CSS. Forget working past your hours if you want to make extra money. Unless OT is approved now, if you can't get work in your 40 hours, then sorry.

I hope whoever filed that suit has trouble sleeping at night. I would get banned if I put my complete thoughts on this.
Let's just say.... - see below
[ In Reply To ..]
How would you feel if your partner worked 50+ hours for only straight time, I bet you would be complaining then or if your children worked summer jobs over 40 hours, wouldn't you want them to receive overtime if it were the law? If you want extra money at straight time get a 2nd job. Before you open your big mouth, find out the truth first, other than that it is not your business.
That IS the truth - Sorry
[ In Reply To ..]
that just because of that lawsuit, the rest of us suffer because we have to be restricted and go through extra red tape. Personally I would be glad I have a job in this economy if I worked 50 hours a week.

I know the truth, what the suit was about. The MT that sued was nothing but trouble to begin with. She should've been fired ages ago, way before she left that company. You jerk.
Wow, you must be - Rude, defensive, and disrespectful
[ In Reply To ..]
the MT the other poster was talking about. From the other poster's view, the whole rest of the company has to go without the benefit of being able to get ahead production/pay wise just because of one person's actions. You don't know the situation of that case, so find out before opening YOUR big mouth and acting so hateful and bitter.

It sounds to me you expect everyone to kiss your feet. Sorry, but everyone else is just happy to have a job.
See below. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Below is a post from 2004, some things have changed others have not:

Posted by Wiser MT on February 16, 2004 at 13:19:57:

To anyone considering employment with Keystrokes, here's what I believe to be the true pros & cons.

Reliable pay for the most part...but when your check is late, there is some kooky-a** reason why which you are expected to understand (does the mortgage company understand if I don't pay on time?)
Most of the time work is available during your work hours. But, in my experience it is feast or famine with this company. Either you run out of work (and don't hit your personal mark for the egg you need to crack $$$)and its not THEIR fault...OR there is too much work and you are expected to pick up the slack. If you don't, you are guilt-tripped and harassed. BIG TIME. Accounts are either overstaffed or understaffed.

They've offered direct deposit the last several years, only to not have it happen after filling out req'd paperwork.

They changed their payscale several times. Now, only the MTs who type themselves into the ground can make a decent buck. Doesn't matter if you have 20 or 30 years experience and near perfect work...You are paid well because of VOLUME, not experience or quality (although near perfect quality is the expectation). The more you type, the more you can make. If that's what floats your boat, then God bless you. Enjoy your medical bills.

You can expect nasty and even threatening (re: loss of job) emails if turnaround times are not met. You can expect frantic, desperate phone calls and emails. In SOME cases (not all), you can expect a lack of training, a lack of doctor lists, tools, etc. to do accts. And best one...you can expect NOT to be respected but to give respect in return.

And by the way, if your kid breaks their leg and you have to take 'em to the ER (which you have to provide PROOF of the visit because why should YOUR WORD mean ANYTHING) and you don't give FOUR HOURS notice...You are FIRED. If your shift starts at 7 a.m., you wake up at 6 and are too ill to work (and I believe most of us work when we are sick anyway), and don't give FOUR HOURS notice, you will be fired. For anyone who might disagree, it is in their company handbook...their words, not mine.
Written by an MT with a bad attitude - Pack of lies
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with KS for over 4 years and have never been treated like that. I have been to the ER for a drug reaction (no fax required), have been in the hospital for over a week, called in sick with under four hours' notice (I only call in really sick), and have never been "guilt tripped" or "harassed" for extra work. My pay has always been on time, NEVER late. I have never felt threatened, forced or harassed into working extra.

Maybe you and the other MT should quit bashing KS along with every MT who disagrees with you and get back to work. I only other hand am glad to have a job in this economy and work hard to keep it.
Because you're not a diva MT with - a sense of entitlement like these others
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Only 4 years? Then you have not experienced the true essence of KS. - Some of us lived it.
[ In Reply To ..]
Then you are lucky not to have experienced the screaming, the threats, and constant wondering when the axe will fall. The giving up of weekends, holidays and time with family because you had to work or threatened to be fired, being forced to work when sick because you could be fired. Fear was the backbone of KS.

Not to mention the late paychecks (it was the bank's fault of course), checks bouncing (again the bank's fault), pay cuts, etc.

Consider yourself lucky.
I was encouraged to see the person with 4 years. That says more to me than prior than that. - RealisticMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I think the more recent 4 years is more important than anything before that. Heck, in this business, things change in 6 months, so 4 years is encouraging. I am happy with my decision to go with KS and will make the best of it. Can't be worse than M*Modal! I've worked there, in some form, 5 times now, because of companies being sold to them. I don't ever want to go through that again. I would rather have a manager who knows my name and cares about me than be a number.
Second job? - You are clueless
[ In Reply To ..]
In case you're blind to the fact, most companies part-time require at least a 20 hour commitment. That's a far cry from an extra hour here and there to catch up. Sorry honey, but being forced to work two jobs at 60+ hours a week just because of some lawsuit isn't what I was talking about.

And furthermore it IS EVERY MT's business in that company who is watched like a hawk due to the actions of ONE MT. So yes MTs will open their "big mouths" about it.

What would YOU do?? Be happy about being watched and patrolled via the clock, in the hopes that someday you'll be able to get in good graces enough to actually GET that OT pay?? OT is hardly ever approved (3 times that I know of).

What good is OT pay if you never get it?!
The only result? Overstaffing and no OT - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
The point is - YOU see below
[ In Reply To ..]
that if I want to work extra, I should be able to without having to be "approved" for it. This used to not be a problem. I for one am happy to get all the work I can.

All of this started due to one person. ONE PERSON. How can you have the gall to tell me I should get a second job and then turn around and tell me to mind my own business?

The rude, entitled, litigious attitude of some people is just a shame.
Unless you were named in the lawsuit - it is none of your business. - If no paycuts decent money could be made.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes it is because it hurts all of us - No OT or extra work allowed because of this greedy
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You certainly have a sense of entitlement. - Everyone is entitled to be paid according to the l
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone should be entitled to make enough money without running out of work. Everyone should be entitled to benefits for putting in 40 hours a week. Everyone should not have to put up with cherry pickers who make their quota while others do not. Everyone should be entitled to be paid overtime when it is worked. Everyone should be entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not.

I think that the lawsuits have hurt the entire industry. sm - ex-MTSO
[ In Reply To ..]
I know that OT is paid when worked, but you have to be approved for it. That is good business sense in any business. If you have too many OT hours, you start to fail because it costs more to pay than is invoiced.

There is no way for a company to keep the TAT's demanded by accounts now and pay what used to be paid. It just isn't there any more.

Because of the TAT's, there needs to be coverage, which leads to overstaffing. It's either keep the TAT or lose the accont.

There is no way to predict volume to keep everyone busy enough but not too busy. This is the headache of every MTSO, large and small.

I was an MTSO for 24 years. I used to charge $0.19 per gross line and paid $0.12 per gross line. My MT's made anywhere from $55,000 a year to $110,000 per year.

Fast forward to 2 years ago, and I was charging $0.11 per 65-character line and paying $0.07. With taxes and other expenses (and I am very, very frugal), I was taking home $42,000 per year (down from $120,000) and working the equivalent of 2-1/2 FT jobs.

I went to work for KS 18 months ago, and while I did not like the pay cut (who would like that!), I understood because I had been there. My 40 MT's was small compared to their 600, but the numbers are the same.

Toss in a few lawsuits, E and O insurance, increased healthcare and unemployment fees (whether anyone is on UE or not), and I am surprised that any company can stay in business.

I personally think that they are doing the right things, and that KS will be around for a long time because they did make the right moves. I sure hope so because I really like the company, the owner and everyone in the office that I have ever dealt with. I have work during my shift, and although there are ups and downs in volume, I have been around long enough to know this is normal in transcription.

I still love transcription and hope that KS does not sell to MM or Nuance. I don't want that to happen, EVER.
Thank you! You summed it up perfectly. - Exactly what I am trying to get through
[ In Reply To ..]
to this person here talking about demanding OT pay. I would rather work over 40 hours and be paid the standard non-OT rate, than not be able to work over any AT ALL because I'm not approved for OT.

Everyone else out there who disagrees with us, do you understand what we're saying now?
LOL. I shouldn't have to put up with - those MTswhose self-serving actions hurt all MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion.

A) Yes, everyone should be entitled to make money even if they run out. AND BECAUSE of the no OT rule, I can't put in extra time to make up for lack of work when there is work. Get what I'm saying now?

B) Per KS policy cherry picking can result in termination. Most MTs have been told this. Most leads (as I have been in the past) do something about those who cherry pick. I know I have.

C) How can someone be paid OT when none is allowed BECAUSE of these stupid lawsuits which are destroying MTSOs and making it harder for all the other MTs in the company. Bottom line this has affected me and other MTs in a negative way. Those of us who don't mind putting in the extra mile to do what we have to do to support our families.

Is it your view that if you only make 500 lines in an 8-hour shift, then every line after that shift should be paid extra? You honestly think MTSOs operate like that? OT is OT in their book.

You can defend this greedy MT in question whose actions negatively affected many MTs all you want, that's your right. If it was another line of work, like sales or something else, I would agree that OT should be paid over 40 hours/week. However, when being paid by production such as in this industry, MTs are negatively affected that don't mind working extra. I'm one of those MTs so naturally I don't care for it.
Entitlement is what your post - is all about.
[ In Reply To ..]
There's no guarantee from any account that they will not run out of work. All of those entitlements you're talking about are not free. If OT costs the MTSO extra you think they'll let you work it?

I'm entitled to MY opinion, diva, whether you like it or not. People with attitudes like yours (me, me, me! I'm entitled!!) have got to go. The economy is in the toilet, so I'm just glad I have a job. Having a job these days is an entitlement.
Some companies don't hire CA MTs as a result of "protection" laws - Great Case in Point
[ In Reply To ..]
See now? Companies merely find a way around the laws regardless of what that law "entitles" you to.

LIES. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Love it - Love it

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get it. Just because I am happy somewhere, means I am happy in an abusive relationship?? Possibly you were not qualified enough or were too difficult to work with. You have to bend and be flexible. And no I am not a suit. I am a very happy Keystroker!

Still no answer - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
There is still no answer as to why this person wants to leave Nuance. If they are so WONDERFUL, why leave??

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes, As Bad As NU Or MM? Potential Offer
Aug 19, 2013

X ...

I Got A Job Offer!
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't even completely finished school, tested for a part time IC position, and I got the job offer today! It can be done, ****! *** Stop with the snide remarks toward experienced MTs who do not share your point of view for this career.   Moderator *** ...

Offer
Dec 07, 2010

hypertype:  Straight VR - 0.6 cents/line, IC status with 10.00 licensing fee every 2 weeks. Mostly ER. Good offer? or bad offer? ...

Job Offer At TTS ?
Sep 19, 2012

Have an offer,not sure though. Would love to hear from others who work there and in the know. How is their QA done, weekly, monthly, every 3 months like where I work now or just how. Do you think the QA is there, fair, critical, just anything I could find out would be nice.  ...

Non-MT Job Offer
Mar 29, 2013

...Okay, I'm not here to start a fight about union vs non-union, but I was just offered a non-MT job at a hospital that has a union, and I am anti-union.  When she told me that it was a union position, my jaw dropped.  She must have seen the look on my face, because she told me that since this is Florida, we don't HAVE to join the union or pay dues or anything like that.  My face brightened up right away. SO, if you are not pro-union be SURE to ask if the state you live ...

Does Anyone Know What Companies Offer
Nov 12, 2009

Kaiser insurance besides MedQuist?  I want to leave MedQuist but I love my Kaiser insurance.  Please help.  TIA. ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

GOT A BETTER OFFER FROM WAL-MART
Feb 18, 2010

Well after being in this business for almost 20 years, I have decided it's time to hang up the keyboard,  as a single person I can no longer support myself as a medical transcriptionist.  This is not even a good part-time job anymore.  I have worked for more companies than I cared to admit, suffered through intolerable divas as team leads, gestapo QA, constant nip picking on where a comma goes, or a verb, and had my cpl reduced from what started out at 13 cpl to 0.0350 cpl.&n ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...

Offer From Medquist
Mar 19, 2010

Wow.  I was just offered a job by MQ.  I politely asked if the 'rumors' were true about being docked for sending reports to QA.  I was informed that if you are supposed to do 6,000 lines a week and 300 lines total come to QA, then yes you would be docked 3 cents per line.  If you are part-time with 4,000 line a week and 200 lines total came to QA, then you would be docked.  I politely said that I would have to decline.  BUT, if you feel that even QA canno ...

Job Offer From Transolutions
Jun 09, 2010

I have a job offer from Transolutions, but I have a couple of questions.   I use Instant Text and I need to know if their platform is compatible with it.  This would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.   The opinions of the company I read on this board were not very favorable -- slow speech rec program,  too much speech rec, etc.  But all the opinions were at least 2 years old.  Is there any more current information out there?   The pay scale is very enticing, but if the ...

Need Advice On Job Offer
Jun 24, 2010

I'm considering an offer from a national company of around 8.75 cents straight typing and around 5.5 for VR. This would be for a full-time position and I have over 10 years experience (but none with VR).  I'm currently on unemployment earning around $1500 a month. My normal production of straight typing is around 150-200 lph.  With this info., should it be a problem to earn more than what I'm currently making on unemployment? I'm afraid to make the change as once I ...

Ooooh Job Offer
Oct 01, 2010

Just got a "job offer" e-mail.  I can make $225/day working for e-bay auctions!!!! Why am I still doing MT????? NOT!!!! ...

MQ Offer Me A Job Last Week...
Jun 14, 2011

MQ offered me a full-time position last week, after all the testing, but after reading this board, with all the firings and lawsuit, and outsourcing, I don't know if I want to work for them! Is there any reason not to work for them? I would appreciate any input. Thank you. ...

UNIWORK ANYONE? Job Offer......
Apr 22, 2011

Anyone heard of Uniwork? Clue me in please????? ...

Offer For Job With Medquist
Jun 06, 2011

Hi all, I was just offered a postiion and was wondering how the company is? Any advice good or bad would be helpful. Thanks ...

I Just Got A Job Offer With Nuance
Jul 27, 2011

I am an MT with 20+ years experience and switched careers a year ago when our hospital's Transcription Department was eliminated and all transcription was outsourced. I am currently working full-time as a secretary but am looking for part-time MT work to supplement my income as most of my wages are going towards my family's health insurance. I was hoping for 10-15 hours per week, but 20 hours are required and I'm not sure I can handle 12-hour days between both jobs. Does ...

Job Offer For Probity
Aug 09, 2011

I just had a job offer for Probity.  I am considering it, but before I accepted I emailed them with a question about if there is steady work and still have had no response.  I am on unemployment benefits, so if I take their job and then there is not steady work and if I have to quit, I cannot get my benefits back.  So, it's a delicate decision.  Is anyone working for them who can tell me anything about them....good or bad?  Thank you. ...

MQ Job Offer Today
Dec 07, 2011

MQ has scheduled an offer phone call for me today.  I am kind of scared.  I have many years into MT and thought I might as well since they will someday employ me through buyouts anyway.  Is there any good reasons why I should accept the job.  Or should I avoid the call and just keep sending out resumes.  Please if there is anything good to say now is the time because I am 50/50 on taking the chance. Thanks. ...

Is This A Good Offer?
Dec 15, 2011

Is .11/65 ct line good or bad? TAI ...

What Companies Offer
Jan 15, 2012

401ks--preferably with a match?  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Disappointing Offer-sm
Apr 11, 2012

I lost my job a few months ago.  I started applying, testing, waiting to hear from companies.  I did get hired this week part-time for VRE work and it pays peanuts.  A second company was interested in me and I went through testing, filling out tons of paperwork, phone calls and waiting.  They offered me a job as an MT and also VRE.  The offer is so disappointing!  I have a lot of experience but that does not seem to count for anything with them.  The wages are ...

SoftScript Job Offer
Oct 11, 2012

Was planning to go to work for SS.  Posts here make me very nervous.  Are they maybe just disgruntled employees?  Help, honesty please. ...

Softscript - Got A Job Offer
Nov 27, 2012

Hi - Got a job offer from them and wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with this company and did/do you like them.  Been with my current company for a long time now and am hesitant to leave, but VR has put a huge dent in my paycheck and SS says they don't do VR... Thanks in advance! ...

Got A Job Offer At Probity
Feb 04, 2013

I got a job offer at Probity.  The pay has an incentive built in for anything over 5000 lines per pay period.  Does anyone know what the pay period is?  It doesn't say and am waiting for resonse from recruiting.  Also, it is for a 6 hour shift.  Is that normal.  I was hoping for 8. Is eligibility for benefits based on line count or hours worked?  Any advice would be helpful on this company. Thanks ...

Very Strange Job Offer
Sep 18, 2013

Just got an unsolicited email from "At Once" transcription company.  Said they had reviewed my resume and seem to be a good fit and to call for an interview.  They listed their address, etc..... Signed by - person to call to set up interview.  On line, there is no company called At Once listed when googled.  I know I didn't send ANYONE a resume in quite a while.  WT is this?!?!   ...

Coding Offer
Mar 13, 2014

I just wanted to wish all of you good luck if you get the offer and want to take the test for the coding class.  We all have to decide what is best for ourselves.  I really hope this is a postive offer.  I understand totally how so many of us feel stuck where we are because our workload and pay have changed so much.  As others have advised, I would definitely get all the answers.  Unfortunately in the medical transcription world we feel we are fighting just to be ab ...

Starting Pay Offer?
Apr 24, 2014

As an experienced MT, would you take a job that started at 7 cpl? I don't know if this is the norm now, but I have interviewed for 5 jobs this week, none of which have offered more than this. One of the jobs sounded great, but I am terrified to take it because of this 7 cpl offer. She said there was no wiggle room, so I can't ask if they'd consider going up a little. I have 10 years of experience and have been at the same job for 8 years.  Other than considering going off on ...

IMEDat Offer?
May 15, 2014

Had along conversation (meeting) with the HR person or possibly owner regarding this company and what they had to offer.  I was STUNNED.  (By the way, none of her seeker posts have the ability to post a reply only to post through email - does she not want others posting their shock as to her offer?  She has a new account that many MTs will be "off QA in a couple of weeks".  Timeframes in this business are never absolute and can get extended infinitely. In the meantime all MTs still on Q ...

I Have An Offer From Accentus
Jun 12, 2014

I have an offer from Accentus. I like the flexibility they offer, but I also have an offer from Breitner. Any feedback on these two? Thanks. ...