A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Disappointing responses - typinbabe84

Posted: Jun 13, 2010

It is very disappointing to see that 134 people (so far) have read my post and only 1 person has responded.  What is up with that?  Please note I fully expect a bunch of responses to this stupid post but not to the important one further down.

My answer - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I don't know what message you are talking about below. It looks like you wrote a couple and it looks like more than 1 person responded to them both.

Second, I read your posts below - one about pay rate and one about one space lines or something like that. I did not reply because I had no answers or opinions to give you. I think a lot of people are like that. They read a message but if they have no answers or opinions they don't respond.

But I do have an opinion about this current post. When you post a message don't always expect you will get a ton of responses. You cannot force people to answer a post. 134 is not a lot of people. I think it takes a lot of guts (for lack of better words) to post a new thread that you are upset or disappointed that only a certain number of people reply to a thread. This isn't a mandatory board.

A better approach I think would have been to re-word your previous question and see if you get any different responses and if not then that's life and we move on.

I agree, and it helps to know if you are talking about an MTSO or (SM) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
or about physician(s) direct. Because that makes a HUGH difference in your choices if any, and/or contract negotiations.

Thank you, I appreciate the fresh perspective... - typinbabe84

[ In Reply To ..]
When you're nervous about something and hoping for advice, a few hours can seem like an eternity. I apologize for coming off unpleasant or short.

That's perfectly understandable - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I too hope my message didn't come off short, and am sorry if it did. I know what you mean about things seeming like it takes an eternity and hoping for advice or answers. I have a message on the health board I'm hoping people will respond to regarding type 2 diabetes. Got to put something in the mail for sis on Tuesday when I go out and it does seem like it's taken forever to get responses, but I'll just wait and see.

I'd try and word your question a little differently and you might get some different responses. I am sorry but I honestly don't have an answer for your questions. Wish I could help but just not knowledgeable about that.
Oops -was tired and didn't realize - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
when I wrote about posting on the health board I meant to say that I hope I get some more responses. I'm not expecting any but will be thankful for any that are posted.

RIGHT ON!! - Humble Pie is a Sweet Dish

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Similar Messages:

Disappointing Offer-sm
Apr 11, 2012

I lost my job a few months ago.  I started applying, testing, waiting to hear from companies.  I did get hired this week part-time for VRE work and it pays peanuts.  A second company was interested in me and I went through testing, filling out tons of paperwork, phone calls and waiting.  They offered me a job as an MT and also VRE.  The offer is so disappointing!  I have a lot of experience but that does not seem to count for anything with them.  The wages are ...

Wow To The Responses To Patti
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not sure where to start, and I don't usually respolnd to this (gasp) crap.  I am a professional and I carry myself as such at work.  You might also find it interesting that I went to a private liberal arts Quaker school for college.  The thing I find perplexing is that the folks bashing Patti didn't answer her question or even remotely come close.  Why attack her when you don't have an answer to her question?  I find nothing about about the term " ...

Venting About Some Responses
Nov 05, 2013

I keep seeing responses here saying they have no idea why people are upset over VR coming or EMR showing up, etc. etc. Why people are down on this profession.  Does anybody LOVE to earn poverty wages?  Do people look forward to losing their homes? DUH........ Who are these people who post these statements? Are they the ones with the husbands who support them and they haven't a worry in the world. I often feel like turning around and saying:  "I have no idea why some peopl ...

What Is Your Favorite Typing Package? The More Responses The Better.
Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in?? ...

Pt Does Not Want To Be At Office Visit. He Is Very S/l *monofelobic* In His Responses. Tx Nm
Jul 11, 2013

x ...