A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WE WANT MORE MONEY!!! - now

Posted: Oct 01, 2014

I want to know when we are gettiing more money. Not interested in how exciting things are. I just need an email with the exact amount, NOW.  NOTHING ELSE.

Don't want it tied into bonus because FIESA is manipulated to prevent bonuses.

You did not hear us "loud and clear." WE WANT MORE MONEY. NOW.

We don't want to hear about your studies or your excitement or new ways of exploring things in the usual vague Nuance-speak. Just send an email with the amount and the exact date we will receive it. It is not necessary to study this. We are grossly underpaid and you know it.

Not interesting in vague statements about things that might be happening in the future.

WE NEED MORE MONEY NOW!!!!!

Did you hear that????? WE JUST WANT MORE MONEY. NOW.

I think they know this already and probably was involved - in their decision to starting hiring inexperienced

[ In Reply To ..]
MLS. Imagine the $$ spent on that study. Between brand new, inexperienced MLS and India's MLS, their profit for the coming year is looking pretty darn good. The insinuated exciting news for October was nothing more than a ploy to keep people from leaving in packs before they got their newbie hire plan and increased India presence in place. THAT my friends was the basis of the study, how to increase THEIR bottom line.

Then maybe it's time to publicly shame them. - Out their "dirty little secret".

[ In Reply To ..]
They declared war on American medical transcriptionists the first time they sent work to India. We're all gonna be out of work soon, anyway. I think now is the perfect time to start going public - not to gain public sympathy or anything, but to publicly SHAME THEM.

And of course, there's also Yelp. Name names of company owners, CEO's. You can post with an anonymous user name on Yelp.

And there is also the opportunity to pick heads of medical departments out of a phone directory (doesn't really matter who it is) and start bombarding them with letters or emails about how shabby ALL of medicine has become... not just the transcription end of it.

Or put up posters/flyers in public places (hospital entrances, malls, subways, train stations, even airports) naming names and calling them out.

EXPOSE these SOB's for what they really are: Corporate leeches.

There's really nothing to out. They openly admit in - print that they have offices in India

[ In Reply To ..]
and use workers there. Your energy would best be directed at finding a new livlihood. Nuance is Indian, no secret, they don't hide it. The hospitals don't care. They just want cheap so that's what they pay for and get. People don't care since it has no effect on their paycheck or livlihood. It's sad, but it's true.
So the rest of the country is aware that they - cheat us on line counts (ie, wages)?
[ In Reply To ..]
Or that their bonuses or OT are nothing but "now-you-see-it, now-you-don't" carrots on sticks?

Of course it's not going to change. (The field will die first, anyway). But this is going on all over the country. If you think merely changing job types is going to change this, I think you're in for a rude awakening.

MORE MONEY NOW, MORE MONEY NOW! I'm not sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
paid enough to be "excited" about anything these dunderheads cook up. I agree with you--MORE MONEY NOW. NOW. DIDJA HEAR US? NOW!

I finally gave up on MT this year. But I would - SO love to see MTs from - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance, and even other MT companies for that matter, make the trip to the corporate headquarters, and picket the heck out of them. MORE MONEY NOW! Easy and eye-catching signs. Will it get you more money? Probably not. Will you get fired? Maybe, maybe not. But we all know it's going to happen anyway, likely by the end of this year, the way things are going in the industry. But it will draw unwanted attention to their prissy, luxury-car-driving little selves.

WE WANT MORE MONEY - starz

[ In Reply To ..]
When I first switched to Nuance, I felt like writing what you wrote. However, it only took 3 to 4 months for me to be up to close to $20/hour--plus I make my paycheck incentive AND quarterly bonus. I'm not sorry at all because I couldn't ask for more. I work hard but no more than 40 hours/week. I can take overtime when offered if it works out, or not. There are no unfair demands placed on me, and the best part--I GET TO STAY HOME! That benefit itself as far as clothes, wear and tear on car, etc., has been thrown around forever. There are no unfair demands placed on me any more than any other job: Work your scheduled hours and put your best effort into it. I can see how if that's not being done, then wages are sure to suffer. Fiesa is simply a balance mechanism put in place because of remote workers. How else are we to be accountable? QC reports are simply to teach, and Post-Audit reports count towards bonuses. How easy is that? I really feel that it is what you make of it.

NO RAISES IN 5 YEARS!! - fed up

[ In Reply To ..]
Try making a good living when you are switched constantly from account to account and then others thrown in for good measure.

Constantly slammed in FIESA and you would have to be a moron not to see how they manipulate it. We are not morons.

We want a fair wage!!!! Who else works year after year for less and less money and no raises!!!!

You are making millions and millions off of us!! Why won't you pay us a fair wage????

Your post reminds me of an infomercial or - one of "I made $$" posts in comments

[ In Reply To ..]
In other words, phoney baloney!!! Very very fishy, insulting, and IMO untrue.

The question is, who's paying you to make a comment like that on MTstars?

Oh, PU-LEESE. The above post was no more - written by an MT than - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a supermodel. Pffft! That phoney post is typical of how these companies waste money that should have gone to US, by paying imbeciles like this to manage. This post didn't have one single word of truth in it. The management author of it should be embarrassed.

Starz - and I use that name loosely - sm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have over 25 years experience. With straight transcription, before VR, I easily made $20/hour plus. Due to EMR, my previous company lost all their accounts and I had to find another job.

Fast forward to Nuance. Biggest mistake in my life. I now average $12-14/hour if I'm lucky. That is IF I get a day of decent dictators, IF there's work, IF that FIESA crap doesn't tear apart my work.

So get off your management high horse and get a clue. Eventually this company will be left with inexperienced MTs and foreign MTs doing this crap for pennies and THAT is the quality Nuance will have for their customers.

A smart CEO would rather keep his employees happy and not have such a huge turn around. Pay MTs a decent wage. That's all we ask.

Also, a smart CEO wouldn't be hiring mindless - flunkies like this to "manage". nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Amazing but true (and sad) - starz

[ In Reply To ..]
Here I sit at my kitchen table and I'm reading how I am a management plant who posts to bait people. I'm even being called names. Holy cow. It's amazing and sad that it's easier to think I'm lying than for any of this to even make the least bit of sense to you. Here are some of my numbers: I made $176 incentive on my last paycheck, and last week was $129. I just pulled my transcription metrics: MY LPH median today is 370, and my LPH avg is 260--that is for edited lines. Standard is 48.4 both median and average. Anyway, I am happy with how this works for my family. My husband has CA and has lost some work time due to that, so this income has been a blessing with all of that, plus having 2 kids in college. It works for me because I work for it. I wavered about throwing out my phone # and/or email, but that's a little scary with all this hostility. Seriously, it's amazing how hateful you all are just because I stated that I like my job and told you all what I make (hoping to be encouraging--not bragging--but if I came across that way, I apologize sincerely). I just have a differing viewpoint as far as not feeling hostile towards Nuance. I started out with being really good and fast on a keyboard, I know my med terminology (took a class at local hospital), started locally for an internist who eventually moved out of town. So, now I dedicate a good 8 hours a day to my work online. That's it, that's all I can add, and I probably won't add any more. :(
"Kitchen table." HAH! ;p - More like "executive office".
[ In Reply To ..]
You took a class at the hospital? - You are good and fast on a keyboard?
[ In Reply To ..]
So am I--always have been..in fact, I taught med term for 10 years in an adult education setting (brag, brag).

I don't believe your numbers for one second. $129 in incentive in a week? Don't believe it.
I can very easily believe a $129 incentive in a week. - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
I once had a week (many months ago) where my incentive was $254. Haven't done that since then, but it is possible.
"USED to be possible" is more likely. - Not possible now. (n-m)
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Are you still working for Nuance? - Production bonus is like the holy grail
[ In Reply To ..]
This is why I say they cut my pay $100 a week, because I am NEVER EVER eligible for production bonus and I am a good producer. They always get me like 0.1% below eligibility at the very last minute, and for 3 months if that is not a wage cut what is?

I know other companies don't offer bonus at all, but at least when you are requested to do extra work you know everyone's getting the same incentive and no one's getting attacked by FIESA. QA and MLS should NOT be pitted against each other, and no matter how you frame it, that's what's happening.

Our status as MLS is really quite subjective, with so many things which come into play such as number of accounts, ESL, QA people marking you, etc.

I honestly think if there were no bonuses with Nuance I would be a lot happier doing OT because I resent missing out on the incentives for the sake of a lousy 0.1%, also then the more work you do the more chance you give them to "get" you through FIESA.

Maybe it's psychological, but it certainly a disincentive to me.
Yes, I do still work for Nuance. I went part-time - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
because of insurance reasons. I generally had plenty of work when I was full-time except around holidays. There were, of course, other times when work would be slow/low, but, as a general rule the work was there. I worked (still do) 4 different accounts (by my own choice) so that I don't run out of work. I do think FIESA is a pain in the neck, "graded" very unfairly, and all the other bad things people have said and felt about it. My transcription CPL went down when Nuance bought out my company, but my editing rate went up just a pinch. All that said, I still do think it is "possible", albeit not probable, to make a good incentive weekly. It does take a lot of determination, a good account and hard work. Just because we all can't do it, doesn't mean it isn't possible, and just because somebody says they can make that kind of incentive doesn't make them upper management, middle management or any other kind of management. They might just be a hardworking MLS with a good account. No, I'm not management either. I just like my job (most of the time) and try to overlook as much as possible the parts of it that I don't like. There have been parts of every job I've ever had that I liked really, really well, and parts of every job that I absolutely despised. Same thing here.
LOL she's the 2nd income, no wonder. Hey starz, try to sm - acuteMLS
[ In Reply To ..]
pay a mortgage, utilities, food, clothing for kids and all the $ we have to pay out of pocket before the health insurance even starts to pick up any portion of the kids' health needs. As soon as you mentioned the husband, I discounted everything you said--you are making "extra" money and you aren't the sole support of your family.

Not to mention if you're making so much $$$, why would you be working at a kitchen table and not buy a proper desk and chair to work with?
The wording in her other posts don't strike me - as being something that a real - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
MT, certainly not one who has been one anytime during the last decade, would ever say. Her claim that it all "works" for her, nothing is wrong, she loves everything, and yada-yada-yada, smacks solidly of middle management trying to make it sound like they have a clue. Which, of course, they don't.
Congratulations for working hard and making a good - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
incentive. Wish I had the determination to do the same.
To STARZ: Please contact me - binglebug
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, Starz. I was hoping you could contact me (is there a way through this site?). I am starting with Nuance this week and would like some tips on increasing production and being successful. Thanks in advance :)

Your enthusiam will fade with time - Charmasa Bisinitch

[ In Reply To ..]
Initially, I too had enough work, but then they put in the stops and it all went to hell-o. I worked as hard as ever, but was OOW at least 2 days a week. Impossible to make a decent wage. Shout Nuance's virtues to the hilt, but soon you will be made acutely aware of their bottom line. Lie to us all you want, but be true to yourself!

That's all the suits ever care about: THEMSELVES. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

At least we have work on the Indian holidays! lol - the bright side

[ In Reply To ..]
Holi for example

uNbELiEvAbLe - Noodles

[ In Reply To ..]
Hahahaha! Wow, just wow. This is such an obvious HR or recruiter who wrote this that it's an insult to all of us. How dare you, and how can these people sleep at night? I know it's just a job, but some of us could never do others like this for any amount of dollars, especially after most of us spending half of our lives on this career!!! All I can do is pray for a giant lawsuit to come out of all of this pain and misery we've been through with Nuance.

Plant - A fool or a fraud....

[ In Reply To ..]
Blah, blah, big benefit is being able to work from home....

I used to average 24 $ an hour BEFORE my pay was cut over 50% by Nuance.

You are either a fraud or a fool--you are producing the same document as before speech, and you are paid less for it, but Nuance charges the client the same amount as before speech came around and they are raking in the profits because of that.

We will never get a raise or praise or any recognition for YEARS of experience.

The MLS in India have a lower quality percentage required than the MLS in the good ole USA. I saw the ad.

But you know all this, because you are a plant.

Re: Starz - Post

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you Starz but they aren't going to believe you anymore than they did me yesterday when I tried to tell them I make over 40 K
I'm not and I believe you're not a "suit", recruiter etc. Do people really think that a company the size of Nuance is going to waste time and money (ie paying somebody to write this post) on reading/posting on a little insignificant MT board??

Even the moniker "Starz" is a poorly-disguised - hint at the ego of the poster. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And what makes you think Nuance (or any other company that has middle management reading and posting on these boards) even knows it's happening. Those 'way at the top are in such a rarefied atmosphere, they haven't the slightest clue what's going on beneath them. All they see are their obscene yearly profits, that's all.

Most management types do NOT have enough to do. Every manager I've ever had on-site spent more time "looking busy" each day, so as to appear to be worth her paycheck, than she ever spend actually accomplishing anything. One used to lock the door and buy and sell tchotchkes on eBay all day long. Another used to lock her door and sleep. So yes, I would imagine that monitoring "employee chatter" on an "insignificant little MT board" would definitely give a manager something to do. She probably gets brownie points if she can actually figure out who an individual is that's saying negative things about her company. Maybe she gets a nice little bonus for that.

The other reason I can see why companies the size of Nuance would have people monitoring this board is because they feel they can manipulate MT opinion on here. I believe that a large part of the reason MTs tend to turn on one another is because a "plant" got in there and told them how stupid their plans to fight back were. Or how "lucky" they are to even have a job. And blah-blah-blah.

"Starz" (hah! In her own mind, anyway) is nothing but a Nuance mole. Whatever she claims is the "truth", is undoubtedly the exact polar opposite.
Paranoid - Much
[ In Reply To ..]
Geez! You go right on thinking I'm a plant or that Starz is a plant. This is the EXACT reason why people who like working for Nuance don't post on here.
So cue the trolls.....
I most certainly WILL continue to go on thinking - Starz is a plant, because he/she is.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What a joke - CMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The easy way to spot fake MT posts is when they say, "I GET TO STAY AT HOME" is the best part. That's way on the bottom of the list for most of us. The fact is that's just how the majority of the industry is today, so no special favors there. Just give us decent work and make work available for the hours you hire us for. The work available on the accounts I work is completely garbage, bottom of the barrel ESL, no way to make a decent living, and yes I'm actively looking for work outside of this field.

@starz has zero credibility - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The like/dislike scores, currently 3 likes, 25 dislikes, show that others find a serious lack of credibility to the post. I concur, and I suspect someone from recruiting. BUT ... I cannot possibly know that, so I will refrain from accusing the writer of misrepresenting him/herself. Think through your accusations. Starz has no reason to admit the ruse. There is absolutely no point in arguing with someone you believe to be dishonest.
So just state your suspicions, but don't make an accusation you have no way of being able to prove.

No need to prove it; her statements speak for - themselves, loud and clear.

[ In Reply To ..]
No one who currently makes a living as an MT would be able to say what she is saying without it being an outright lie.

MORE MONEY - NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

[ In Reply To ..]
IS SHOUTING THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET MANAGEMENT'S ATTENTION? SO BE IT. I'M WITH THEM. WE WANT MORE MONEY, NOT YOUR SO-CALLED EXCITING NEWS (UNLESS THAT IS THE EXCITING NEWS), NOT NEW STUDIES, NOT HAVING TO CHECK STUFF ON OUR OWN TIME AND NOT GETTING PAID FOR IT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... WE WANT MORE MONEY. WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND?

I NEED MORE MONEY - starz

[ In Reply To ..]
I find it incredible that my work ethic angers people. Believe me, I started from the bottom. I didn't have any preferential treatment. I just work hard. I think you can work a little bit and have unrealistic expectations, or you can work hard and expect only the results of what you put into anything. The key phrase is: ***I don't rely on my employer to make my job work.*** I appreciate their keeping us informed with whatever they share. This shouting at them is such a Neanderthal mentality. It all boils down to one thing: If you're so unhappy, quit. Go find something else. Pretty simple. And, if I were an employer reading some of these Jerry Springer posts, I'd sure be glad you did.

No one on my team of 80+ - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
members makes that kind of LPH according to the metrics that are sent out every single week. Actually on a whole our LPH is consistently going lower week by week, trust me I have been watching it. We all came over (except the new hires) from Webmedx and most have decades of experience.

Our work ethic has nothing to do with our drop in pay and has everything to do with Nuance's lack of ethics entirely.
....and there you have the TRUE information, yes the metrics go SM - acuteMLS
[ In Reply To ..]
(the names are masked, of course) and there is NOBODY making the numbers claimed by "starz". I'd like starz to tell us what the metrics of the rest of her team are like.

Are you the same one who only - has one account?

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember you crowing about how great you are doing every quarter, how you get the bonus, and then you spilled you are allowed to have only one account (if that is you).

If so, you are very, very lucky, and someone has a soft spot for you. Unfortunately, not all of us are so lucky, we most of us have had extra accounts added and have to deal with lots of specs and low lph.

If you are not that person, I still find your comments suspect, and rather than admonishing your co-MTs, please, by all means let us know how you are able to make $20/hr with Nuance.
She's not an MT. She's just Management, - having a little fun baiting you. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Got that right. - Made the same smart remark during a meeting. Very
[ In Reply To ..]
You can laugh when her number is up. 20/hour. Please, spare me.

Holier Than Thou - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Never going to happen. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Never ever ever.

If you haven't already, you should send the - above message to them.

[ In Reply To ..]
It would even be tempting to take out a large ad in the most-read newspaper in the main office's hometown, with that exact message. Do a "Go Fund Me" campaign online, if necessary, to procure funds to pay for a full-page or half-page ad. Then sign at the bottom, "Your Employees".

Sadly, once one of these behemoth corporations - gets away with stealing

[ In Reply To ..]
From the underlings, what are the chances they will see the light and do the right thing?

Next to none, I would wager. That being said, how about the bonus mechanism not being attached to the FIESA?

From what I can gather the newbies are not very good and they are the ones who are besmirching the quality.

If they would stop nitpicking with the FIESA to pick off bonuses, they could then target the bad performers individually rather than getting brownie points for dinging everybody, and the more experienced, better MTs would profit and be a lot happier.

I can literally see the speech engine copying my format, my phrasing, and by this I deduce that somehow I am marked as SOMEONE FOR THE SPEECH ENGINE TO COPY!

Having said that, I have not qualified for any bonus for a good long time. Not lots of mistakes, not major mistakes (by my book), but small mistakes which have been graded big. I don't care how great you are, if you make no mistakes at all EVER you are proofreading everything and probably always get the QA bonus but NEVER make the minimum lph.

I think they should only take the option of bonus away if you are horrible and a frequent offender. It is shooting themselves in the foot as well because when they need people to work extra, who is going to do it when you are not rewarded but instead penalized, certainly not those of us who are experienced and have been treated so badly.

In fact, I have a second job now due to the horrible pay and to actually keep my Nuance work to a minimum, since I do not want to give them 1 minute extra. Nothing like corporate stupidity.

They will never do the right thing, but I think we - sMg

[ In Reply To ..]
should do the right thing by publicly exposing them and all their BS. Let their peers know. Let their clients know. Let their stockholders know. Let the janitor who cleans their bathrooms know.

We're going down, anyway, regardless. Medical transcription might as well go out with a bang, instead of a whimper.

MORE MONEY - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
IMO, I don't see that happening. They pay a lot of money for consults to others to keep more in their pocket by twisting things around and getting away with as much as possible.

More Money - Sherlock

[ In Reply To ..]
More money will never happen unfortunately. This is a greedy company at its finest. I won't go down with this ship. At least the Titanic had a band. Whenever I get asked who I work for, I tell them âI work for the Devil. If you value your triple-S (soul, self-esteem and sanity) you will find a different path of travel." I have spent my last sleepless night on how I am going to keep a roof over my head and food on my table. I am applying everywhere and the resumes continue to go out daily until I can tell this company âI'm done working for the Devil.â

Unfortunately for America, the entire corporate - structure here is the Devil. :(

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Money
Mar 29, 2010

Call me greedy, but what can a new MT expect to earn the first couple of months? Based on having plenty of work and working around the clock. I am putting out at least 1100 lines a day for now.  What is considered a good line count? ...

BIG MONEY
Jul 28, 2010

Okay, so I signed on with Transcend because they said, "Do you want to be guaranteed $900 per pay period as full time?" Well, sure. That sure reeled me in. I had always been afraid they ran out of work. Now it turns out that you HAVE to earn $900 IN ORDER TO BE full time. Big difference! It's like saying, "If you win the Olympic gold medal, you'll be guaranteed a first-place finish!" Or, "If you win the election, you'll be guaranteed more votes than your opponent!" It's so ba ...

How Do I Get My Money?!
Nov 21, 2011

Ok, finally, the horrors have happened to me. All was well, but now I'm getting seriously pissed. I work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week. Those hours are mandatory. My pay is equalling less than minimum wage. I e-mailed the company asking them about having to pay me minimum wage given the mandatory hours. The only response I got was "I'll look into it." That was over a week ago. In addition, the platform we use that records our lines is not recording all my jobs! I write down all the job ...

If You're In It Just For The Money, Don't Become An MT
Sep 03, 2012

I've had the same line rate (9 cpl) for 5 years, and I notice the new accounts they offer MTs pay 7.5 or 8 cpl at most. I must admit, though that I do work for a great company (I've been with them 12 years); they offer lots of flexibility (no required shifts or hours, just a reasonable line quota), payment promptly by direct deposit twice a month like clockwork, an easy to use transcription platform and wonderful QA and support staff. I have a lot of job satisfaction, though for my yea ...

More Money
Sep 18, 2012

Do any MTs out there working for MM know how we can all get together and demand more money? they don't listen to us one at a time! ...

I Will Owe Them Money!
Mar 26, 2013

I guess my next check will be a negative amount, since last week I didn't even get 8 hours in and this week thus far, I have only gotten 2 hours in.  Somebody has to pay for my insurance and I am pretty sure they aren't going to cover it at the kindness of their heart.  Beyond frustrated!!! ...

Where Did The Money Go
Jan 13, 2015

Deleted.   ...

Too Much Time Too Little Money
Mar 03, 2010

Is anyone else as sick and tired of the amount of time spent (not being compensated for) reading about all the fluff at MQ during the last 3 years!  I am so out of here.  It's just a matter of time.  Good Bye MT all together.  ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Does Anybody Make Any Money At This? Sm
Jan 18, 2011

I've heard of more MTs NOT making any money than making money.  I've worked from home before but had to work full-time from home and part time at the hospital just to pay the bills then ended up quitting at home and went back to the hospital full time because I could make more money working from the hospital 40 hours than working 60 hours between the two.  I loved working from home but I couldn't make any money at it.  But at the time I only had 2 years' ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

Money Question
Jul 13, 2011

The physician dictates:  He has had to declare bankruptcy after being several tens of thousands of dollars in debt.  That is how I typed it anyway but I am not sure if that is correct.  Please help! ...

For Those Making Little Money (or Who've Had A Big Cut In Pay) - Sm
Feb 23, 2012

Day after day, I read comments here about people making less than minimum wage... or women who used to make a solid middle class living at this who now cry when they look at their W2... or who made in 2011 what they made in 1993. I'm curious to know why you continue to put up with this.  What is holding you back from seeking a better situation?  What are your circumstances?  Do you have low self-esteem?  Trapped in Appalachia with 2 hours to the closest hospital?  ...

What Happened To The Money???
Oct 08, 2012

I know, I know, but I'm desparate!! I used to work for a company who, I thought, paid extremely well; almost $40,000/year.  Now, I'm a single mom, working from home, full time, and can barely make it pay check to pay check.  Does anyone know a great paying company? Naive, I know, but somebody out there has gotta know something??? I'm not a newbie, I've been transcribing acute care for over 15 years.  But, this is not working out at all.  After my divorce, ...

More Money Editing??
Mar 07, 2013

I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. This past year, the hospital I was working for replaced myself and 27 other fabulous ladies with an outside service. I am now working for a service, and 85-90% of the reports I get are editing and the rest transcription. My paychecks are frightening. As far as editing goes, I just don't see it. Am I doing something wrong? ...

MTs Making Big Money
May 07, 2013

Just saw some gab on a mt group on facebook (not naming which), stating that people are out there making 800 a week on straight typing. Where are these jobs...I want one. Now I am not saying they do not exist but seriously I thought this was rare. Is it me or... should I be looking harder. No flaming please. This discussion had me thinking that I missed the boat somewhere or someone is telling tales... ...

Making No Money
Aug 31, 2013

I work for a company that I make NO money.  YES, I am seeking other employment, I'm not just sitting there whining about it, but rather just keeping some income while I look for more income.  I have barely had work this week and even when I do have work, the VR system is so bad that I really don't clear minimum wage.  So, today, apparently they are behind and I'm getting emails every hour or so that say "You ladies need to jump in and help, make this money while you can"  I me ...

Woo-hoo Making The Big Money
Jan 02, 2015

worked a whole 1.82 hours yesterday and so far today the same.  Sure hope things pick up fast.  Hardly making ends meet. Cleaned house yesterday so today I guess I'll sit back and read as the house is quiet.  Hope I don't fall asleep.  HA!   ...

Money Owed
Apr 14, 2015

I haven't filed any tax forms since I've been working here. Not really financially literate But my sister told me that I should file tax form and determined that I owe about $800 for 2014. I thought I made little money as it is let alone have to pay an additional $800 for working at Nuance during 2014. ...

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
May 19, 2015

Most of us are trying to find a way out of this deceitful company. The only way to turn it around would be to start paying us a living wage and give us back what you stole. Your fake praise and insincerity are disgusting. Empty words mean nothing! ...

Can You Make Money Just Doing Editing?
Oct 21, 2009

Hello!  Was just wondering about supplementing my MT work with just editing and wondering if it was possible to not only earn good extra $ with it, but if there are actually companies that just need this and how difficult it is to learn how to do it?  Any ideas, opinions, etc., greatly appreciated!   Thanks! ...

Are There Any MMEs Making Money?
Dec 15, 2009

Seriously inquiring as to whether or not there are MMEs out there making what they made when they were just QA.  If so, do you have full listen reports for more than half your day? If so, do you have any helpful hints?  MT/MEs are moving into the MME positions and I feel so bad that they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.  Hope you all make more than me.  As of the new year I will be looking for different employment.  So sad 20 years later and I'm n ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Cant Make No Money At MQ Anymore
Mar 27, 2010

I have had it..The past 2 paychecks I made approximately $200.00 less..constantly getting work I have never done before from hospitals I have never done because there is no work in my hospitals, constantly having to run searches in DoQManage for reports because I have never done those hospitals before..then we are told there is a certain amount of lines/hour we have to do..there is NOT enough time in an hour to do all this plus transcribe.  MQ..JUST LEAVE US ALONE AND LET US TRANSCRIBE..Let ...

Thanks Everybody- Threat Of Losing Money
Mar 31, 2010

Can't say I am surprised that QA submissions are down- did they think we wanted to work for 1 penny a line- oh wait with my raise it is 1 penny and 2/100 of a cent! ...

Clinic Notes = No Money?
Apr 16, 2010

I lost my primary accounts recently and was switched to an account where most of the jobs are really short clinic-type notes (less than a minute).  This pay period, my paycheck will be over $200 less than it was when I had my primary accounts, and I'm barely making my minimum line counts.  I've been doing this job for a long time and have always had really good line counts before.  I've been feely really down in the dumps like maybe I've just kind of lost ...

For Those Of You Who Don't Make Money At This, How Do You Pay Your Bills? Sm
Jan 21, 2011

Just wondering.  If you don't mind my asking...  I'm thinking about working from home again, but last time I did this I didn't make any money at it.  That was when I only had 2 years' experience though.  I have 6 now.  This time around I HAVE to make a certain amount to pay my bills!  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!       ...

Wow, You Really Can't Make Any Money With Amphion
May 02, 2011

I type my butt off full time and don't make anywhere close to $2k a month. This is the first time I've gotten to see it since it's the first time they've had enough work for me to make my line count. They don't pay for spaces, plus they have a weird way of counting lines. Time to send out resumes. I am not typing my way into carpal tunnel for this pittance they call a paycheck. Amphion people, are you making decent money there? ...

I Can't Believe I Worked So Hard For So Little Money.
May 20, 2011

I even did overtime and it didn't make a difference in my take home. Maybe it knocked me into a tax bracket :( So much for being rewarded for hard work. I'm going to have to calculate how much extra I can do before it is counterproductive. I had to do that in the past when I worked for a place that actually paid incentive. I discovered that, at a certain line count, I would start losing money. ...

Money And Employee Status
Jul 07, 2011

I never talk to any other MTs really, just sign on, work and sign off, so I just wanted some feedback from other MTs. First question, if anyone is willing to answer it, how much do y'all make on average weekly? I don't know anyone else in the business and would just like to have something to compare my production to. Second, does anyone out there have employee status??? I see companies offering benefits, PTO and all that great stuff, but i'm assuming you have to be an employee not ...