A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? - notmathguru

Posted: Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy?

Beats me. What kind of mistakes? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are talking about major errors like medication names, dosages, etc. that would be considered danger to patient care, there of course is always cause for concern no matter what the percentage works out to be, and you should definitely be called out on it.

However, if we are talking about punctuation and the like, I would not even respond to an e mail regarding that. Is there a penalty for this "less than 98%" that you need to address? If so, I would confront the math of the person doing the audit. Don't they give you figures to check to verify that score?

no they don't - and i have asked

[ In Reply To ..]
and the mistakes were typos, nothing to do with meds, not capitalizing a first word of a paragraph and typing wrong letter in a word.

I will own up to my mistakes, no problem with that, I mistyped, but to me, when I have done over 4000 lines in a week, I find it hard to believe that 4 mistakes threw me into less than 98% accuracy and if, in fact, there were more than that, then why were they not mentioned?

Well.....since you were not provided numbers, and you did ask... - I would

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not worry about it too much. I don't know how this was presented to you, the less than 98% accuracy, but if it were me, I think I would have to respectfully request proof if QA wanted me to take them seriously. Not that you should disagree that you made a mistake, as certainly it is possible to make 4 typos in 4100 lines by anyone.

The problem here is, how do you learn from your mistakes if you do not know what they are? Ask your QA person to verify and explain the "less than 98%."

If the mistakes were not shown to me, and the math of it verified, I just could not take them seriously, and I suppose I would have to tell them that. Is this the first time you have been presented with this? Were you given any details in the past? If not, would certainly request them in the future, i.e., the nature of the mistakes and the math calculation.

your math is correct - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
4100 x 0.98 = 4018

Mistake - INMI

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I was told when I was with MTSOs is that audits are not done on your ENTIRE work load, they pick and choose reports, maybe 10, QA those, if there are mistakes they are figured by that number of reports, maybe that is what is happening to you.

Good luck with finding the answer

We get a list of the jobs and the whole report is - shown to us with the mistakes

[ In Reply To ..]
and a breakdown of the points for those mistakes.

Here is how they do it... - totally bogus

[ In Reply To ..]
No matter how long the report is, if you make 4 mistakes each worth 1 point, then you get 100% - 4% and that is a 96. It is a total crock.

Similar Messages:

Did Anyone Catch That NTS Has 60% Accuracy Per 100 Lines
Oct 18, 2012

On recent mandatory training video, when talking about quality percentages etc., the speaker mentioned that on spot audits by clients out of every 100 lines audited, only 60 of lines (or 60%) must be error free? Did I interpret that correctly? ...

100% QA - Mistakes
Mar 06, 2013

Iâve been an MT for 25 years. I consider myself pretty good. I do not consider myself âperfectâ. I never will be. I do make mistakes almost always small ones like leaving a word out. Iâve worked for this new company for over a year now. She is now doing QA to everything I transcribe. Iâve really been doubting my abilities as an MT now and wonder how/why my other clients have used my services for 20 years and not once complained. When you transcribe over 1,700 lines a d ...

SR Mistakes
May 16, 2013

Dictated: He takes Vyvanse SR put: He takes five aunts Dictated: He is going to the Florida Keys SR put: He is going to the floor of the knees I just had to find something to laugh at this week. Happy MT week in advance to all. If I could afford it, I would GIVE you something and not make you pay taxes on it or use your own free time to try and win something not worth playing for. ...

ADT Mistakes
Oct 21, 2014

Now we are going to be put on mgmt if we make a mistake in the ADT because the client is complaining about too many mistakes.  We don't even get paid for doing the ADT in which case I have to manually type patient name, MR # 3 times, DOB, DOS to which I don't get 1 red cent and they are going to put me on mgmt because I made a mistake.  This place just pisses me off so bad.  ...

Mistakes
Dec 09, 2014

How is it they get away with implementing actions against MTs yet never fix the constant mistakes on their part...ie most medications (generic and name brand) are wrong, mispellings in the dictionary, doctors names and specialities are wrong in the system, poor sound quality, there is nothing in place for doctor errors.  I could go on, but everyone knows what this company is about ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Mistakes Can And Will Happen...for EVERYONE
Feb 11, 2015

or how long you have been doing this.  Nuance uses this to their advantage.  They really don't CARE about the mistakes or quality.  This is a TOOL to keep pay nice and low, plain and simple.  The fair and just way to do this is how it used to be.  First of all, it depends on the DICTATOR reading his own reports when he/she gets them back--(like they are SUPPOSED TO DO) -- If there are mistakes, they are corrected.  Yes, if it was the MTs mistake, they are noti ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Fixing Doctors Mistakes
Dec 27, 2011

I am so TIRED of fixing doctors mistakes constantly. I dont get paid for that.  I get paid to pound out reports per hour.  Instead so far today, my first 3 hours have been fixing reports, leaving notes to the hospital....line 10 blank..dr stated..., line 24 blank..dr stated, etc.  These guys have to take some responsibility for their dictation.  They are so messy and haphazard in their dictations.  It would be different if we were getting paid by the hour, I would not ha ...

EditScript Keep Making Mistakes
Aug 11, 2013

I'm pretty new to editing and just wondering..  Why does EditScript keep making mistakes over and over, even with good and clear dictators ( I do have a few of them, though not many)? ES keeps printing "basil ganglia", for example.   Tearing my hair out - not much left now.  :p  Does it ever get any better?   ...

Mistakes Added To Reports By QA?
Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA! ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Spelling/grammatical Mistakes: English First Language
Feb 23, 2013

I have noticed, when interviewing for certain companies, some obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes in the emails I receive from them. While these companies strive for perfection in accuracy (which includes spelling words right and marking possession with an apostrophe, mind you), sometimes it looks like their emails have been written by ESL employees. It's weird that after speaking with some of these people, their writing skills don't match their speaking skills. Maybe I'm j ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

98% Accuracy
Sep 30, 2011

I find it ironic that ad after ad on the job boards here and others on those pathetic Indian websites that go on and on about wanting only the best, blah, blah, and 98% accuracy, when their are typos throughout their ads, and we pay beggar wages to boot! ...

Just Under 99% Accuracy
Oct 24, 2012

I've made lots of 100% accuracy scores, but I just saw that I made a 3.0 Critical error on a VR dictation at Nuance.  It was where the doctor said a medication amt that sounded very much like another amount.  I have been extremely careful with the medication amounts and the laboratory values, but made this mistake!!   Anyway, that brought my accuracy to just under 99%.  I want to go back and listen to that dictation again, bet it was hard to tell the difference in t ...

99.6 Accuracy?
Jun 06, 2013

I just heard that Mmodal is requiring 99.6?  Just blinked my eyes a couple times.  This can't be true, right? ...

99% Accuracy
Sep 04, 2013

With Nuance's high standards and QA picking apart every report, I am feeling pretty down on myself.  I question my ability to do my job.  I question every comma, every word, and dread waking up to this job for fear of making mistakes.  It isn't a good feeling.  I have been in this field since 1992 and have never felt so incompetent and stupid. ...

99.7% Accuracy
Mar 29, 2014

99.7% accuracy when told to a recent business school graduate. Sure 99.7% accuracy is what they strive for in production of goods in a factory..To try for 99.7% accuracy in a job that has as many variables as transcription is a completely unrealistic goal. Speech patterns alone of different people makes errors almost inevitable. What they are striving for is an impossible goal. Hum, wonder who is running the company because this is from a 22 year old ...

You Want Better Accuracy?
Nov 05, 2014

Any report that is 100%, give a 2 cent per line bonus for that report, you would be surprised what a little bit of positive reinforcement does. ...

MM Accuracy
Feb 27, 2015

We've all seen the blogs lately.  Failing audits for not putting a comma, getting marked off for adding or deleting a word to make the sentence make better sense, not following CP and so forth.  Here's something for MM to ponder (if they were actually reading all this).  If accuracy truly means something to you, and that is one of your "selling points" to your clients (their website boasts "industry leading accuracy rate"), then why don't you give your MTs a chance ...

100% Accuracy.....BUT
Apr 09, 2015

I just cannot wrap my head around why I continually get 100% accuracy and still get the shaft. This last week?.....I'm over QA by 0.23%, yet I repeatedly get 100% accuracy time and time again. I so need to change jobs, but I just cannot figure out which way to go…not to mention since taking pay cut after pay cut for the last 10 years, I cannot afford to go back to school, and I wouldn't know what to go for anyway…when I got into this field, I thought it was a sure thing, ...

Accuracy Rate Of 99%. Does Anyone Know...
Jun 16, 2011

if the 99% accuracy rate also applies to the ILP?  After all, CBay and Medquist have become one company called Medquist (something, it has changed too many times for me to remember), but I would think if it is company policy it should apply to all.  Most of us have an average of 99% or above accuracy rate, but I still have a problem with making it the standard rating.  Especially given the consistent inaccuracy or ASR and the increase of lines per hour for many MTs.  If this ...