A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mistakes in normal dictations - missindale

Posted: Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspelled or a sentence grammatically incorrect, that mistake will be there from here on out. A couple more have even more glaring errors but I won't go into detail - you get the picture.  I try to correct them, but I know not everyone does.  The thing is, a few times I have sent one to QA saying "there is a mistake in this normal" and they just push it on through the way it is.  They don't care.  So I guess I should not worry about it?  What would you do?  flag it for the doctor?

I email to QA with copy to mgt on each one. - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Until they get so tired of hearing from you that they correct it. I have seen this type of laziness before. If the client is not raising he!! they do nothing, but do not think it always escapes the client's attention. This is a good way for your company to lose this account, so if you care about that you should say something.

actually I have pointed out a couple of them to management too - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
They just ignore me. Like, that girl should get back to her typing. Well, I guess I should just not worry about it, right?

I do not think that the MTSOs are responsible for correcting...sm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
the mistakes in the "normals." Normals are typed in the facility of the dictating doctor, they should be corrected there. But the MTSOs should notify the clients that corrections must be done, otherwise every MT has to make the corrections herself.

Mistakes - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this should be brought up to the supervisor. She is the BIG BOSS and should be the one to right this wrong without putting you completely in the middle of it.

you are right, keep notifying the supervisor until corrections are done!..nm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If is a sad QA who would send something through - KT

[ In Reply To ..]
that they know is incorrect. Can you send a copy of it to your supervisor??? Surely they would do something. Looks bad on the MTSO and could very easily lose the account.

Similar Messages:

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

100% QA - Mistakes
Mar 06, 2013

Iâve been an MT for 25 years. I consider myself pretty good. I do not consider myself âperfectâ. I never will be. I do make mistakes almost always small ones like leaving a word out. Iâve worked for this new company for over a year now. She is now doing QA to everything I transcribe. Iâve really been doubting my abilities as an MT now and wonder how/why my other clients have used my services for 20 years and not once complained. When you transcribe over 1,700 lines a d ...

SR Mistakes
May 16, 2013

Dictated: He takes Vyvanse SR put: He takes five aunts Dictated: He is going to the Florida Keys SR put: He is going to the floor of the knees I just had to find something to laugh at this week. Happy MT week in advance to all. If I could afford it, I would GIVE you something and not make you pay taxes on it or use your own free time to try and win something not worth playing for. ...

ADT Mistakes
Oct 21, 2014

Now we are going to be put on mgmt if we make a mistake in the ADT because the client is complaining about too many mistakes.  We don't even get paid for doing the ADT in which case I have to manually type patient name, MR # 3 times, DOB, DOS to which I don't get 1 red cent and they are going to put me on mgmt because I made a mistake.  This place just pisses me off so bad.  ...

Mistakes
Dec 09, 2014

How is it they get away with implementing actions against MTs yet never fix the constant mistakes on their part...ie most medications (generic and name brand) are wrong, mispellings in the dictionary, doctors names and specialities are wrong in the system, poor sound quality, there is nothing in place for doctor errors.  I could go on, but everyone knows what this company is about ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Mistakes Can And Will Happen...for EVERYONE
Feb 11, 2015

or how long you have been doing this.  Nuance uses this to their advantage.  They really don't CARE about the mistakes or quality.  This is a TOOL to keep pay nice and low, plain and simple.  The fair and just way to do this is how it used to be.  First of all, it depends on the DICTATOR reading his own reports when he/she gets them back--(like they are SUPPOSED TO DO) -- If there are mistakes, they are corrected.  Yes, if it was the MTs mistake, they are noti ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Fixing Doctors Mistakes
Dec 27, 2011

I am so TIRED of fixing doctors mistakes constantly. I dont get paid for that.  I get paid to pound out reports per hour.  Instead so far today, my first 3 hours have been fixing reports, leaving notes to the hospital....line 10 blank..dr stated..., line 24 blank..dr stated, etc.  These guys have to take some responsibility for their dictation.  They are so messy and haphazard in their dictations.  It would be different if we were getting paid by the hour, I would not ha ...

EditScript Keep Making Mistakes
Aug 11, 2013

I'm pretty new to editing and just wondering..  Why does EditScript keep making mistakes over and over, even with good and clear dictators ( I do have a few of them, though not many)? ES keeps printing "basil ganglia", for example.   Tearing my hair out - not much left now.  :p  Does it ever get any better?   ...

Mistakes Added To Reports By QA?
Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA! ...

4 Mistakes Out Of 4100 Lines, How Is That Less Than 98% Accuracy?
Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Spelling/grammatical Mistakes: English First Language
Feb 23, 2013

I have noticed, when interviewing for certain companies, some obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes in the emails I receive from them. While these companies strive for perfection in accuracy (which includes spelling words right and marking possession with an apostrophe, mind you), sometimes it looks like their emails have been written by ESL employees. It's weird that after speaking with some of these people, their writing skills don't match their speaking skills. Maybe I'm j ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

25 Second Dictations
Apr 13, 2010

For the past 2 days, I have been on an account with very short dictations - clinic notes that average between 7 and 30 lines.  I am making less than minimum wage - it takes a certain amount of time just to do the ADT info and of course they are all ESL doctors.  I don't have a primary and I certainly hope this account doesn't end up as my primary.  Anyone have any tips on how to make money on these short little dictations? ...

Dictations
Mar 19, 2014

Why is it that not taken into the equation of our pay is the fact that most residents, PAs, CNP, CNM, etc., do not pronunciate, have correct grammar, or the fact that they just don't dictate adequately in general?  I spend way too much time looking up, confirming, trying to figure out what they are saying as they laugh, slur, set the phone down under paperwork while flipping through charts and sign papers (can hear this often), or constantly move the phone around where all I hear is cr ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Can't Understand Dictations
Jul 17, 2012

Hi! I am currently taking my MT final. My problem is, I am having LOTS of trouble understanding some of the dictations. Is there any tips/tricks to help understand some words that are dictated? Thanks! ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

Sample Dictations In Neuroradiology
Feb 02, 2010

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/ndictation.htm#MR_Brain   ...

What Is With These Doctors Who Just Slur Through Their Dictations?
Apr 17, 2012

Oh my gosh.  It's driving me crazy.  I end up making about 8 dollars an hour trying to interpret these jerks. Why can't they slow down and realize the quality of what they're doing? ...

Cell Phone Dictations
Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank... ...

Can Barely Hear Dictations
May 08, 2013

As of yesterday, I can barely hear some of the dictations. Am I the only one? I hate it when I have to struggle to make out what in the hell some rapidly-speaking ESL doctor is saying! ...

Foreign Doctor Dictations
Aug 28, 2013

Is anyone else at Nuance getting foreign doctor dictations constantly during their shift? I do not mind doing a few at a time but having to do a full shift of foreign doctors is getting very trying. Thanks! ...