A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mistakes can and will happen...for EVERYONE - no matter how good an MT

Posted: Feb 11, 2015

or how long you have been doing this.  Nuance uses this to their advantage.  They really don't CARE about the mistakes or quality.  This is a TOOL to keep pay nice and low, plain and simple. 

The fair and just way to do this is how it used to be.  First of all, it depends on the DICTATOR reading his own reports when he/she gets them back--(like they are SUPPOSED TO DO) -- If there are mistakes, they are corrected.  Yes, if it was the MTs mistake, they are notified.  If the SAME mistake keeps happening THEN and only then is the MTs put on "performance mgt."  And I mean the SAME mistakes, not new/different ones.  NEVER is the pay docked.  Now, if the MT keeps making the same mistakes and/or excessive mistakes then that MT has to realize maybe this isn't the career for them and the company should consider letting them go.   In the end, they end up with a lot of really GOOD MTs, which in turn does improve patient safety.  The employees they have are happy...happy MTs are more PRODUCTIVE.  This way everyone wins...the company (profits), the MT AND THE PATIENT. 

Right! How many 10s do you see in the Olympics? - Tinear

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to defy the law of averages, yup to their gain. Easier to have us float out of our chairs than to do perfect work. Someone should sue for incredible job stress.

Similar Messages:

100% QA - Mistakes
Mar 06, 2013

Iâve been an MT for 25 years. I consider myself pretty good. I do not consider myself âperfectâ. I never will be. I do make mistakes almost always small ones like leaving a word out. Iâve worked for this new company for over a year now. She is now doing QA to everything I transcribe. Iâve really been doubting my abilities as an MT now and wonder how/why my other clients have used my services for 20 years and not once complained. When you transcribe over 1,700 lines a d ...

SR Mistakes
May 16, 2013

Dictated: He takes Vyvanse SR put: He takes five aunts Dictated: He is going to the Florida Keys SR put: He is going to the floor of the knees I just had to find something to laugh at this week. Happy MT week in advance to all. If I could afford it, I would GIVE you something and not make you pay taxes on it or use your own free time to try and win something not worth playing for. ...

ADT Mistakes
Oct 21, 2014

Now we are going to be put on mgmt if we make a mistake in the ADT because the client is complaining about too many mistakes.  We don't even get paid for doing the ADT in which case I have to manually type patient name, MR # 3 times, DOB, DOS to which I don't get 1 red cent and they are going to put me on mgmt because I made a mistake.  This place just pisses me off so bad.  ...

Mistakes
Dec 09, 2014

How is it they get away with implementing actions against MTs yet never fix the constant mistakes on their part...ie most medications (generic and name brand) are wrong, mispellings in the dictionary, doctors names and specialities are wrong in the system, poor sound quality, there is nothing in place for doctor errors.  I could go on, but everyone knows what this company is about ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

MTs And Unions, And Past Mistakes:
Nov 23, 2010

Regarding all the talk about unions below:        I once had a very good job, and was a very "Happy MT".  I worked inhouse.  I made great money.  I got vacations, 401K, paid sick days, good healthcare, etc.       So one day, while I was happily typing away on my Correcting Selectric, at my great little desk, at my great little job, a union organizer came to visit the department.  The hospital was actually considering ha ...

Fixing Doctors Mistakes
Dec 27, 2011

I am so TIRED of fixing doctors mistakes constantly. I dont get paid for that.  I get paid to pound out reports per hour.  Instead so far today, my first 3 hours have been fixing reports, leaving notes to the hospital....line 10 blank..dr stated..., line 24 blank..dr stated, etc.  These guys have to take some responsibility for their dictation.  They are so messy and haphazard in their dictations.  It would be different if we were getting paid by the hour, I would not ha ...

EditScript Keep Making Mistakes
Aug 11, 2013

I'm pretty new to editing and just wondering..  Why does EditScript keep making mistakes over and over, even with good and clear dictators ( I do have a few of them, though not many)? ES keeps printing "basil ganglia", for example.   Tearing my hair out - not much left now.  :p  Does it ever get any better?   ...

Mistakes Added To Reports By QA?
Oct 31, 2013

When I go into FIESA I see mistakes I cannot believe I have made, they don't make sense to me - like I would have questioned this and/or never typed it.  Anybody else?  TIA! ...

4 Mistakes Out Of 4100 Lines, How Is That Less Than 98% Accuracy?
Jul 09, 2012

Maybe I am not doing the math right, but if someone has 4 mistakes out of 4100 lines, how is that less than 98% accuracy? ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

Any Students In Coding Courses Found Mistakes?
May 21, 2012

I am almost done with a course that was put together by the credentialing organization.  Now that I am almost done, I have gathered my notes on the course inconsistencies and incorrect answers to submit my comments to them so this doesn't happen to the next student.  I would like to hear the coders' and students' thoughts on this. Doesn't someone take the entire course and fix/correct BEFORE it is offered as a course?  ...

Spelling/grammatical Mistakes: English First Language
Feb 23, 2013

I have noticed, when interviewing for certain companies, some obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes in the emails I receive from them. While these companies strive for perfection in accuracy (which includes spelling words right and marking possession with an apostrophe, mind you), sometimes it looks like their emails have been written by ESL employees. It's weird that after speaking with some of these people, their writing skills don't match their speaking skills. Maybe I'm j ...

Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?
Apr 01, 2010

Pass your transcription test and have the recruiter say that she will call you at a certain time for an interview and then never call? ...

Has Anyone Had This Happen.....
Nov 12, 2010

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask, but two mornings in a row, I have received this in my Hotmail "junk" mail box.  It says "Private Notice" and the subject line says "YOU'RE DEAD."  Of course I haven't opened these and sent them directly to "delete."  Does anyone know if there's a new virus or worm or something going around like this?  Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?  I've googled and checked Norton and McAfe ...

Anybody Have This Happen?
Mar 11, 2011

It seems like I am always changed to a different account whenever we have an incentive program going on. Is that their way of telling me they do not want me to make any extra money, not that I make much now, LOL. ...

Does This Happen To You...
Jan 23, 2012

You see a job listing, and when you click on it and read the description you think, "Hey, I can do that!"  You even think or know that you would enjoy doing that kind of work. Then you register and begin the online application process.  It's 29 pages, with every single detail about your jobs for the past 10 years REQUIRED/MANDATORY fields! You either begin the process with good intentions, but after a while you have a headache and tire of it so give up and either aband ...

Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Jan 28, 2012

I edited a report in which I changed leukoesterase to leuk esterase, however, when I went to upload, spellcheck found "leukoesterase" which no longer was visible in the report (at least not what was on my screen!).  I went back in and deleted the whole word, then put it in again as two separate distinct words and that time, spellcheck accepted it.   But what worries me is does this occur other times?  Are our edits somehow NOT being recognized on the other end?  Heaven know ...

What Is Going To Happen To Me If My QA Is 99.3%
Apr 24, 2012

I have never had this much trouble before doing my job.  I will have 99% on those FIESA and then 1 report will be a C and my QA averages out to a "C" 99.3%.  What happens if I never get a score higher than that?  Fire me?   Cool beans!  Need a vacation anyway !!!    Seriously, what the hell is this QC crap?   How can FEISA be A, B or sometimes a C and the QC score is super low???? I think it's just so they don't have to pay bonuse ...

Does Anyone Happen To Know The Name Of The
May 16, 2012

person who owns Fast Chart?  I am going to report the things that have been going on to them. Of course, I tried that at another place (DSG) and it did no good.  Not one good place to work anymore:(( ...

How Did This Happen.....
Sep 05, 2012

How did we get to this point? I have been an MT for 35 years and how did we let our profession turn into the slave labor it has become. This used to be a great job, good pay and well respected. I read these boards and see all the complaints about low pay, no pay, no work, etc. and it makes me physically ill. But, I also know nothing will change if WE collectively do not demand and force change. I know people need their jobs and need money, I do too but at what cost? How long will we allow t ...

Wonder What Would Happen
Feb 09, 2013

Now I'll admit it would be a lot less interesting, but at least it wouldn't be so volatile all the time.  Sometimes I leave here just feeling like crap, even when I'm not involved, just from reading all the fighting going on. ...

Does This Happen With Anyone Else?
Feb 18, 2014

I've always been one of the ones who has been fairly comfortable with my job performance ... I'm a high producer and have always passed all my audits so I'm one that comes here to give support, and offer tips when they're warranted.  But, I just failed my last audit and now my confidence is completely shaken.  Before I log on to work I get butterflies, and feel a wave of "dread" come over me that makes me want to never log on to this company again.  I know ... ...

What Would Happen If?
Apr 17, 2014

I wonder what would happen if I didn't answer any emails anymore? I've been questioning my QC person about what I've been finding on feedback and got back a rather snarky e-mail about how I should know certain things, etc. How can I know when I get dinged for doing something by one person and dinged by another person for doing the same thing correctly? Can anyone who is QA tell WHY aren't you all on the same page. Everyone of you dings differently. Don't you have co ...

I Knew It Would Happen
Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny. ...

So What's Gonna Happen To All The MME's?
Mar 03, 2010

Has anyone heard, been given notice, going back to MT'ing?? ...

Company Pay, This Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2010

So, I NEED a job!  I have one, but we are ALWAYS out of work and I need some supplemental income.  I apply for a full-time job (other job is IC) and it is Monday through Friday, full benefits, etc.  He ASKS me to tell him what I plan to make and I know lately everyone seems to be wanting to pay no more than 8 cpl and I WANTED the Monday through Friday, any hours, etc that the job offered, so I told him 8 cpl with spaces.  You know what?  He emails me back and says great, ...

I Did Not Want Lockdown To Happen,
Jul 15, 2010

My group is not in lockdown yet.  I have been dreading it.  It seems like chaos and this was making me want to quit.  Although, these last 2 weeks, I have been on the other side where people have been jumping on and taking my work.  Just found out that some MT's are supposed to work 12-24 hours a week and instead, they have been putting in anywhere from 28-48 hours in ONE week.  I work in the evenings and kept running out of work at 11PM!!!  What?  Just m ...

I Said It Woudn't Happen But...
Feb 28, 2011

We were just informed that our facility is considering sending as much of 80% of its coding to India to cut costs.  They would keep only the most difficult work here in the US.  And so the downhill slide appears to be beginning.   Our company has informed us that most new clients are asking for an offshore option so as to cut the costs of coding.  I guess it is on to something new once again!  ...